Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170702 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man.
He was born of a woman, so he was a man. God is not born of any woman.

Jesus walked like a man, peed like a man, shat and farted like a man, ate food like a man, etc.

He was a man.
ana

London, UK

#170703 Apr 5, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>How can you be sure pretty sure of something you don't know at all.

In the Jewish scriptures there is no mention of any Zamzam, Mecca or even Kaaba.

Wonder why...
I'm sure about Islam and I believe in the Quran as being the word of God

Stefano are you Christian or Jewish
ana

London, UK

#170704 Apr 5, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
CORRECTION # 170671

It's quite evident you are not a scholar of Quran...

Quran 8:55-56
55Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe.

56The ones with whom you made a treaty but then they break their pledge every time, and they do not fear Allah .

But are you blind or what? Don't you see that it said "the worst living creatures in the SIGHT of Allah"? Allah created who knows how many living beings and found the worst living creatures in this planet, that coincidentally are the enemies of Muslims?

It doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand Muhammad is using Allah to put Muslims against people, that according to his version of story, are breaking the covenant with him.

That guy knew how to fool ignorant arabs.
I have never claimed to be a scholar but I am correct in what is the interpretation...
ana

London, UK

#170705 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You talk like a Muslim and act like a Muslim, so you must be a Muslim, right?

There is your answer.
Muslims are historically known liars.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106)- Establishes that there are circumstances that can “compel” a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28)- This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to “guard themselves.”

Qur'an (9:3)-“…Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters…” The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (2:225)-“Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts”

Qur'an (66:2)-“Allah has already ordained for you,(O men), the dissolution of your oaths”

Qur'an (3:54)-“And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.” The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same.(See also

8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be “compelled” to deceive others for a greater purpose.
Quotes let me guess from craig winn
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170706 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the megalomaniac Ali Sina and his goons at FFI use that silly useless argument. Those freaks do
not even know how to read and understand Qur'aan. Amazing goons.
While these fools fall from one hole to another, we just need to remain calm knowing that Islam is the ONLY solution.
It is their loss, brother.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170707 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There is no exception here on this thread, yet you lie.
The Quran is not come from God, yet you insist it is, and trash Jesus Christ over false teachings in the Quran about Jesus.
For over 1400 years Muslims have been Murdering Christians over these false scriptures in the Quran.
"After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.
Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Quranic verses at the beginning.
Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Quran, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus.
That one was crucified because the crowd thought he was Jesus.
This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism.
In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magicians idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in The Refutation of all heresies:
Jesus Christ being transformed, and being assimilated to the rulers and powers and angels, came for the restoration (of things). And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man. And (so it was) that likewise he suffered, though not actually undergoing suffering, but appearing to the Jews to do so.[xxx][30]
The idea that the people crucified someone whom God made to resemble Jesus was embraced by some heresy-believing groups which were known to have immoral values, such as free sex and connections with occultism. Waraqa belonged to one of these cults.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad ...
ONLY a fool would say that Quran is not from God and your "holy" bible with millions of translation "issues" is from GOD.
Skeptic... your books mislead you into worshipping a naked pagan on a phallus.
Quran says "Worship Allah".

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170708 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yours is a very silly reasoning, Stefano.
If it were unnecessary, then all Muslims would have lost their heads, fingers, hands and legs at the hand of the pagans in the battle field. And that would have been fine with you.
Silly!
Muslims worshiping jinn devils is pagan.
But it is okay for Muslims to chop off every one else heads.
Muslim are the evil in the world.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170709 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Alex the Quran did not come from God.
Muslims are jinn devil worshipers.
For over 1400 years Muslims have been Murdering Christians over these false scriptures in the Quran.
"After the negative experiences which depressed Mohammed, Khadijah sent him to her cousin, Waraqa, to convince him that Mohammed was called to be a prophet of Allah.
Waraqa succeeded in his task and became responsible for most of the Quranic verses at the beginning.
Waraqa inserted Ebionite doctrines about Jesus in the Quran, stating that Jesus was a prophet, and that He was not crucified, but God made someone to resemble Jesus.
This doctrine was first initiated by Simon, the magician from Samaria, who later founded a heresy which took his name, Simonianism.
In reality, Simon created the root for such doctrine, before it was developed by the Gnostics in later times. Here, I present Simon the magicians idea about Jesus, which Hyppolytus reported in The Refutation of all heresies:
Jesus Christ being transformed, and being assimilated to the rulers and powers and angels, came for the restoration (of things). And so (it was that Jesus) appeared as man, when in reality he was not a man. And (so it was) that likewise he suffered, though not actually undergoing suffering, but appearing to the Jews to do so.[xxx][30]
The idea that the people crucified someone whom God made to resemble Jesus was embraced by some heresy-believing groups which were known to have immoral values, such as free sex and connections with occultism. Waraqa belonged to one of these cults.
Worshipping a "ONE-EYED" NAKED pagan oozing from a phallus is jinn devil worship.

Jesus was just a man who NEVER claimed divinity.
Only those who are deceived by demons worship that poor man.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170710 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> Muslims worshiping jinn devils is pagan.
You have lost the plot skeptic.
YOU worship THREE DEMONS...daddy..sonny and ghosty.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170711 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how battles were fought back then. If one did not kill one would be killed. You wanted Allah ordering Muslims, "Do not resist and get killed!"
lol...
AND "die on the cross...when you get caught..but let them think that that you died for their sins. Also while you are begging them to release you, just say to them that their sins are forgiven!!!!"

Location hidden

#170712 Apr 5, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY a fool would say that Quran is not from God and your "holy" bible with millions of translation "issues" is from GOD.
Skeptic... your books mislead you into worshipping a naked pagan on a phallus.
Quran says "Worship Allah".
Yea, lie Alex.
Muslims worship Satan and his jinn devils.
The truth is out Alex, you can not hide the truth with your lies any more.
The Quran is the works of Satan.For over 1400 years Muslims have been Murdering Christians over these false scriptures in the Quran.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170713 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but we also believe in prophets prior to prophet Mohammed peace be upon him, for example Moses peace be upon him is mentioned many many times in quran , so is Ibrahim and Adam
But you were asking about direct mention of those sites within the Jewish Scriptures

But if you want to enlarge the conversation, the Jewish scriptures (tanakh) never mention Islam, or that Moses (et al) was a Islamic prophet. Islam does not exist. The Islamic scriptures lay that claim. As a Jew I would not bother with someone else's scriptures, but I can comment on my own.

UhUh did mention some vaugue reference to something to something in the Jewish midrash. Midrash is not tanach, it was formualted centuries later (though still pre Islam). It is commentary and religious fiction, and not theology.
bmz

Singapore

#170714 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text> Muslims worshiping jinn devils is pagan.
Muslims worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.

On the other hand, Jesus was and still is worshipped by demons and pagans.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170715 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure about Islam and I believe in the Quran as being the word of God
Stefano are you Christian or Jewish
definitely not one of my boys
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170716 Apr 5, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you gave me my first chuckle of the day.
P.S. God has taught me, thank you for your lovely comments, Alex.
<quoted text>
(As I continued reading your posts, I began to understand more about what you're saying -- bringing a smile to my lips.)
<quoted text>
I see what you're saying. It took me time, but as one tries to understand the mysterious, the above conclusions are what one must arrive at.
Hello NQ!
Thank you for your nice post that made me smile loads!
I am glad that my many versions of "god" are beginning to make some sense.
These are not meant to be insults but just a request from these poor folks to point out their god/gods from the list.
Skeptic shamma, paul wv, other "pole"micists are unable to confidently point out their "god" or gods"
peace
bmz

Singapore

#170717 Apr 5, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have lost the plot skeptic.
YOU worship THREE DEMONS...daddy..sonny and ghosty.
Indeed!

It is true that the triune God was created by Demons and pagans.

The Demons knew Jesus best. I am sure you must have noticed that only Demons and Pagans called Jesus, Son of God.

Remember this: " Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah."

And this: "Now the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!" "

One can see claerly that only the demons and the pagan Romans believed that he ws the the son of God, while the locals did not.
bmz

Singapore

#170718 Apr 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
definitely not one of my boys
lol!

That was a good one.

Location hidden

#170719 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God of Abraham.
On the other hand, Jesus was and still is worshipped by demons and pagans.
You lie Muslim.
Muhammad;s religion has no connection to Abraham, and Moses.
Ishmael abandoned the God of Israel, the Jews went to war against the tribes of Ismael.
Muhammad never worshiped the God of Israel.
You lie Muslim.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170720 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how battles were fought back then. If one did not kill one would be killed. You wanted Allah ordering Muslims, "Do not resist and get killed!"
If that was the modus operandi back then there was no reason for Allah to order it.

It's laughable that a god would order things, even cruel because that is how battles were fought back then.

Moreover if your god is almighty he would have avoid any war and resolved things totally in another manner. But Muhammad, hmm sorry I mean Allah only acts and thinks as a human being...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170721 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something. Two Italian marines are under trial in India for killing two Indian fishermen. Did the fishermen attack them or fire upon them first?
No.

Changing the issue it won't hide the cruely and unnecessary order of your god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web