Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Read more: The Brussels Journal 216,758

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more
uhuh

Spain

#170661 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
I am now reading more about Dr Rafat Amari who claims there is no historical or archeological proof that the Kaaba existed prior to the 4th century, but I'm pretty sure that some historical Jewish scripts acknowledge the Kaaba.
no there isn't any
other than a midrash telling of Abraham's visits to Ishmael and his wife in midbar Paran twice
uhuh

Spain

#170662 Apr 5, 2013
the spring that was shown to Hagar by an angel was the same spring that accompanied the Israelites through the desert - Miriam's well
this "zam zam" was created on the Friday of Creation
uhuh

Spain

#170663 Apr 5, 2013
the "ebionaioi" (poor men) rejected Paul
the "alogi" (deniers of Logos) rejected "John"
the "pneumatomachoi" (enemies of the Spirit) denied the Spirit as God

they were christians, they all loved Jesus
what/who brought them to extinction that not even their writings survived?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170664 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am now reading more about Dr Rafat Amari who is a Christian Arab who has studied Islam for over 20 years, he claims there is no historical or archeological proof that the Kaaba existed prior to the Christian 4th century, but I'm pretty sure that some historical Jewish scripts acknowledge the Kaaba, I am unable to find any documents or reference to dr Amari debating with Muslim scholars
I have heard of him before... But not much in open debate and theological discussion
I know sister there are thousands of Anti Islamic Sites and literature.
I try not to visit these sites as they will increase the hit rate to move them up the search list.

While Islam provides the best answer for today and tomorrow, why let them waste our time taking us along a diversionary route?

Islam is very much about Tawheed recognising the ONE true God and attributing Oneness to Allah who is Unique, Eternal, Almighty, All powerful and with no partners or peers.

All created things including the Kaaba take a back seat when talking about, living under and breathing in even a small part of Allah's power, grace and majesty.
Salaams
ana

London, UK

#170665 Apr 5, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the spring that was shown to Hagar by an angel was the same spring that accompanied the Israelites through the desert - Miriam's well
this "zam zam" was created on the Friday of Creation
Yes I know but The Christian historian claims that there is no evidence that Mecca existed prior to the 4th century... And I'm pretty sure Jewish scriptures acknowledged Mecca , the Kaaba and zamzam well...

If you have info where then let me know :)
ana

London, UK

#170666 Apr 5, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>I know sister there are thousands of Anti Islamic Sites and literature.
I try not to visit these sites as they will increase the hit rate to move them up the search list.

While Islam provides the best answer for today and tomorrow, why let them waste our time taking us along a diversionary route?

Islam is very much about Tawheed recognising the ONE true God and attributing Oneness to Allah who is Unique, Eternal, Almighty, All powerful and with no partners or peers.

All created things including the Kaaba take a back seat when talking about, living under and breathing in even a small part of Allah's power, grace and majesty.
Salaams
Thanks Alex, I am not doubting my islamic faith at all!! But dr amarli isn't one of your craig winns he is a highly academic scholar, but you know when one is out to disprove something on the basis of their own belief other than genuine historical understanding then facts can be thwarted ... That's why I wanted to know more about what is recorded in Jewish scriptures regards Mecca, zam zam and the Kaaba :)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170667 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know but The Christian historian claims that there is no evidence that Mecca existed prior to the 4th century... And I'm pretty sure Jewish scriptures acknowledged Mecca , the Kaaba and zamzam well...
That would be news to me

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170668 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam post dated the Jewish scriptures
ana

London, UK

#170669 Apr 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>Islam post dated the Jewish scriptures
Yes but we also believe in prophets prior to prophet Mohammed peace be upon him, for example Moses peace be upon him is mentioned many many times in quran , so is Ibrahim and Adam

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#170670 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of context, you can't pick and mix sections of the Quran you need to understand it and what it is referring to, for example 8:12
This verse and the verses before and after were revealed about the Battle of Badr, which occurred in Arabia in the early seventh century. A battle in which the pagans of Makkah traveled more than 200 miles to Madinah with an army of about 1000 to destroy Muslims. Prophet Muhammad peace be on him and fellow Muslims had suffered severe persecutions and torture for 13 years in the city of Makkah. And now that they had fled Makkah and found a sanctuary in the city of Madinah, they were once again threatened. The Muslim Army was only about 300 strong. God Almighty gave the order to Muslims to fight to defend their lives and faith. The enemy came to them with the intent to kill Muslims. It was a war to defend themselves and their Faith. It was a war imposed upon Muslims.
This Surah / section of the Quran is speaking about this as above
All that you have quoted are taken out of context of the exact meaning, you can't just take extracts like that you need to understand what it relates to as a whole ... What is written before and after
Really I wouldn't practise a religion which encouraged violence....
Stop being ignorant
I said to you stop being stupid.

Quran 8:12
Quran 8:12 I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

My point was not to underline the situation, otherwise I would have picked up the verses before and later, but was to show the cruelty of your god, Allah that told to strike their heads and fingertips off. That was unnecessary.

As for the situation we only rely on Islamic version of history. Who told us that they are saying the truth?

Location hidden

#170671 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of Surah 8:55 all you had to do was the read the next verse!!!!!!Let us quote 8:55 in its context:
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him. They will not believe.
They are those with whom thou didst make a covenant, but they break their covenant every time, and they have not the fear (of Allah).(8:55-56)
That is Surah 8:55 in its CONTEXT, all the critic had to do was literally read the next passage!!!!!!!According to the context, the worst of beasts that are being mentioned in verse 55 is referring to people who keep breaking their covenants with the Muslims!!!!!!Hence it is not an unrestricted label; rather the label is restricted on the people who are breaking their covenants with the Muslims! Basically the people who make an agreement with the Muslims, yet they constantly renegade, and turn back on those agreements.
It's quite evident you are not a scholar of Quran...

Quran 8:55-56
55Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe.

56The ones with whom you made a treaty but then they break their pledge every time, and they do not fear Allah .

But are you blind or what? Don't you see that it said "the worst living creatures in the SIGHT of Allah"? So Allah creatures of who knows how many living being found the worst living creatures in this planet, that coincidentally are the enemies of Muslims?

It doesn't require a rocket scientists to understand Muhammad is using Allah to put Muslims against people, that according to his version of story, are breaking the covenant with him.

Location hidden

#170672 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
And 3:56 is speaking about going to hell if you do not believe in god... And reject god
It isn't asking Muslims to incite violence... Bit confused there
Honestly it's easy to pick out sections and take them out of context
You know for an example if you studied English Literature, when you quote from a source you cannot ignore what comes before and what comes after what you have quoted, because the quotation can be taken out of context in regards to it's actual meaning
Many have failed English literature papers or dissertations by simply taking quotations out of context ... Same applies here
Have you read the first line of that post? I have reproduced it here.

"Does one really need to provide verses in Quran, where violence is found a bit everywhere, to a Muslim?"

Quran 3:56 As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.

Here instead, Allah is menacing the non-believers and those who wants to change their religion that if they do that they will suffer terribly in the Hereafter.

Here Allah, or I should say Muhammad is trying to scare people by using psychological violence.

Any reason to left out Quran 8:39? LOL
John

Australia

#170673 Apr 5, 2013
Hey muztards, I'm curious.
What makes you creeps think you can come to western countries crawling around in the midst of Christians and rioting, whining, living as parasites off another race and yet not be hated???
We aren't interested in your Satanic religion.

Location hidden

#170674 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
but I'm pretty sure that some historical Jewish scripts acknowledge the Kaaba, I am unable to find any documents or reference to dr Amari debating with Muslim scholars
I have heard of him before... But not much in open debate and theological discussion
How can you be sure pretty sure of something you don't know at all.

In the Jewish scriptures there is no mention of any Zamzam, Mecca or even Kaaba.

Wonder why...

Location hidden

#170675 Apr 5, 2013
CORRECTION # 170671

It's quite evident you are not a scholar of Quran...

Quran 8:55-56
55Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe.

56The ones with whom you made a treaty but then they break their pledge every time, and they do not fear Allah .

But are you blind or what? Don't you see that it said "the worst living creatures in the SIGHT of Allah"? Allah created who knows how many living beings and found the worst living creatures in this planet, that coincidentally are the enemies of Muslims?

It doesn't require a rocket scientist to understand Muhammad is using Allah to put Muslims against people, that according to his version of story, are breaking the covenant with him.

That guy knew how to fool ignorant arabs.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170676 Apr 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one Devil in the world and that Devil is the Church, Trinitarian Christian!
You talk like a Muslim and act like a Muslim, so you must be a Muslim, right?
There is your answer.
Muslims are historically known liars.
The Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106)- Establishes that there are circumstances that can “compel” a Muslim to tell a lie.
Qur'an (3:28)- This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to “guard themselves.”
Qur'an (9:3)-“…Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters…” The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.
Qur'an (2:225)-“Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts”
Qur'an (66:2)-“Allah has already ordained for you,(O men), the dissolution of your oaths”
Qur'an (3:54)-“And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.” The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same.(See also
8:30 and 10:21)
Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be “compelled” to deceive others for a greater purpose.
Muslims are the liars.
They hide the truth about their god Allah.
They murder for the sake of the devil.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170677 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Shamma from do u know??
Don't swear at shama not cool bro
Sis, I think he is from the Buckle of the Bible Belt in America.

The time when he pops up and the time that he goes to sleep, indicates the he lives on the West Coast.

I try not to remain in Jesus Mode but cannot control sometimes.

bmz

Singapore

#170678 Apr 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You talk like a Muslim and act like a Muslim, so you must be a Muslim, right?
Ya, right. What took you so long to conclude that? 

bmz

Singapore

#170679 Apr 5, 2013
Correction, Ana

Should read:

I try to remain in Jesus Mode but cannot control sometimes.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170680 Apr 5, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
No the battle of badr was a battle the pagans commited to against the Muslims
In that time the Muslims never attacked anyone, they just defended themselves
Go and find me evidence where the Muslims and prophet Mohamed peace upon him started a war... You can't because it doesn't exist
You talk like a Muslim and act like a Muslim, so you must be a Muslim, right?

There is your answer.
Muslims are historically known liars.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106)- Establishes that there are circumstances that can “compel” a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28)- This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to “guard themselves.”

Qur'an (9:3)-“…Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters…” The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (2:225)-“Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts”

Qur'an (66:2)-“Allah has already ordained for you,(O men), the dissolution of your oaths”

Qur'an (3:54)-“And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.” The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means deceit. If Allah is deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same.(See also

8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be “compelled” to deceive others for a greater purpose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
News New controversy surrounds alleged 'Jesus family... Apr 11 SpaceBlues 1
News From parking lot to cathedral, Richard III is c... Mar 27 SpaceBlues 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... Mar 23 Garry Denke 1
More from around the web