Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228450 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#170228 Apr 1, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ did you watch the channel 4 series about the history of the bible.... Go to YouTube and search for Robert beckford, he has quite a few series, he himself is a Christian, a historian and theologist , makes mention of the oldest surviving copy of the bible which is in Greek, also some ancient scriptures, and Jesus doesn't refer to himself as god....also discusses how the King James Bible came to be...
Yes, Ana.

I have watched and I have also read and studied a lot on the history of Christianity and her Church, which I fondly call Forgeries Inc.

Jesus never called himself God. The claims that Jesus claimed that he was God, are absurd and come from trinitarian Christians mostly.

Most of the frauds and forgeries were carried out during the 5th and the 15th Centuries and stopped only after the arrival of the printing press.

I am sure you will enjoy reading this:

First, the modern version:

" John 1 New International Version (NIV)
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

Such translations are forgeries.

Now, look at the following translation from Wycliffe, who did the first translation in English in the 14th Century:

"CAP 1

1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

3 Alle thingis weren maad bi hym, and withouten hym was maad no thing, that thing that was maad.

4 In hym was lijf, and the lijf was the liyt of men; and the liyt schyneth in derknessis,
5 and derknessis comprehendiden not it."

No Word, no Jesus in there and no mention of the Holy Spirit at all. John is used to show as if Jesus was God with God but no one can tell how did the Holy Spirit, the third of the alleged three was accepted as the third God.

Wycliffe must have turned in his grave after other forged translations came in English.
bmz

Singapore

#170229 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
How to discuss anything with a muztard?
I had written this:
Mark 2:11
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Jesus is appearing to the sick deceived Muslims to call them to righteousness.
Tu Quoque!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170230 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Where Did Allah Come From?
by Robert A. Morey

If the Arab hordes which swept over the ancient world were not Christians or Jews, then what were they? They were pagans who worshiped a pagan god called Allah and followed pagan rites which were practiced in Arabia long before the religion of Islam evolved.
You know the really funny thing about this paragraph you just posted?

I bet you 100 bucks that as a white Christian European NOT ONLY does your family have pagan roots but that they are significantly MORE recent than BMZs.
bmz

Singapore

#170231 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Where Did Allah Come From?
by Robert A. Morey
© 1996 Research and Education Foundation
bmz

Singapore

#170232 Apr 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the really funny thing about this paragraph you just posted?
I bet you 100 bucks that as a white Christian European NOT ONLY does your family have pagan roots but that they are significantly MORE recent than BMZs.
To be honest, sometimes I do think that Shamma is the ignorant fool Robert Morey.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170233 Apr 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Did I say that?

In all candor, and as I said before, my anti- comments here more often than not are not really intended to be directed at a religion per se, as much as they are at the ridiculously hopeless personality making posts.
I said that since you cling like a limpet to your mumbo jumbo cult, rush to defend its inanities, bigotry and savagery, rush to defend Eric, Rabbee and others of your kind and have very little justice in you and besides you have not one kind word for other faiths.

Anyway, carry on.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170234 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bring people to God.
I am here defending my own Christian beliefs against those that want rape, rob, and murder Christians.
Unfortunately, you're not doing that, because many of your beliefs are not true, built on sand.

It is impossible to defend the indefensible.(such as the trinity doctrine.) Impossible. Most of us know that bad actions, such as murder and rape, are indefensible, even though in worldly courts of justice lawyers are appointed to defend the accused, considered in the U.S. innocent until proven guilty. Other courts of law are not so.

There is more, so much more to bad actions, things that I don't believe you are capable of admitting right now. Most of us were born with consciences, and must be taught (blinded) to misuse them, or, in this world, taught to use them properly. That is first brought out in the book of Genesis where God told Adam to listen to Him. But Adam did not listen to God.

That is one reason for the Mosaic law. It was a guide for the conscience of those who were bonded to serve God. He explained Himself to the Israelites many times over, had great patience with them, continued to be with them and to discipline them when needed. Consciences must be molded, even as a child is growing up. A good parent molds the child's conscience in the "right direction." A bad parent does not care, or molds him in the wrong direction, either by example or words, and sometimes is not aware of it because he himself has been wrongly taught.

Since the Bible teaches for a certainty that God is one, many realize God is not multiples, or multiples considered to be in one entity, or godhead. It is not easy to speak from an untrue perspective while attempting to convict others. In this world, sides will be taken. But that is why God is God, and men and not god(s). Some of us exercise our conscience as we understand from the scriptures how God wants us to act. It is not easy because tests will come up.

Also, God is a teacher, can read hearts.
Isaiah puts this very nicely in chapter 30.
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him!"
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170235 Apr 1, 2013
Having pagan roots is far better than being a fanatical follower of a crude cult rooted in satanism. ROFL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170236 Apr 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Not even by a mile!! You must not use, your physical models, work on the Creator of this Universe.

That is your most fundamental mistake. And second is that you do not even know, what they mean by Trinity.
Hey dumb creationist,

Do you understand the meaning of the words causation and manifestation?

(smiles)
bmz

Singapore

#170237 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Islam Denies the Trinity

These facts of history reveal that Islam does not worship the same God worshiped by Christians. Why?

Christians worship one God in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. But Islam denies the Holy Trinity and worships a different deity called Allah who is not a Father and who has no son.

Since the religion found in the Bible teaches the Trinity, then it does not take a Ph.D. to see that Islam did not come from the Bible. Thus it is not the religion of the biblical prophets, apostles or Jesus.
Para 1: True

Para 2: True

Para 3: False & a big lie

The Bible does not teach Trinity. One just needs to check out with a 5th Grader, who will say that there was no Trinity in the frist 450-570 years after Jesus had passed away and had turned to dust and bones.

Trinity is neither accepted by the Jews nor by the Muslims. One can see clearly what a rotten pickle trinitarian Christianity is in!
bmz

Singapore

#170238 Apr 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these Muslims?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/the-other-si...
Face of Jesus Christ appears in three-cheese pizza

http://www.newsmutiny.com/pages/World/JesusBa...
Hundreds Flock to View Image of Jesus in Vomit Puddle
lol!

By virtue of that image, it must have been declared 'The Holy Vomit Puddle'. Hope Seth MacFarlane
comes up with something in the Family Guy.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170239 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Divine Son of God....
Let's try this again.
Skeptic, please explain exactly what YOU mean by "divine" son of god.
How does it work in practice in modern world?

Some say he is biological son because "god" in the form of ghost made the little girl pregnant in the night while her elderly fiance was fast asleep? half man half god? fully man fully god?

Some say he is god who chose to come out of a human being still retaining his divine qualities? fully god?

Some say he is fully human who was adopted by god as son? fully man

Some say he was the son of joseph or a roman soldier? fully man?

Please don't give long cut and paste.
Please give your expert opinion.
Thank you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170240 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are brain dead.
The god you speak of is your own devil inside of you.
You worship hate and bigotry.
You mock the God of the Bible for Satan's sake.
You hide behind your lies.
Many here say the same about you.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170241 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I speak the truth about Islam.
Muslims ignore truth.
Muslims are widow and orphan makers.
Islam is a culture of death and destruction.
Many get the same feeling about you...that:
you ignore the truth, that you promote widow and orphan makers...

Seems you are desperate.
Why are you unable to get a single non "christian" person to agree with your "logic" while I have had many Christians appreciating/accepting Islam just by reading and properly understanding your "holy" bible?
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170242 Apr 1, 2013
He really enjoys kissing girls feet
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170243 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are right.
God lives in the heart and mind of Christians.
God does not live on planet earth!
Our hearts and minds are programmed to recognise, accept, love and receive God/God's Mercy/God's majesty.
If your "god" lives inside christians then it is the ghoulie ghost!!
bmz

Singapore

#170244 Apr 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this again.
Skeptic, please explain exactly what YOU mean by "divine" son of god.
How does it work in practice in modern world?
Some say he is biological son because "god" in the form of ghost made the little girl pregnant in the night while her elderly fiance was fast asleep? half man half god? fully man fully god?
Some say he is god who chose to come out of a human being still retaining his divine qualities? fully god?
Some say he is fully human who was adopted by god as son? fully man
Some say he was the son of joseph or a roman soldier? fully man?
Please don't give long cut and paste.
Please give your expert opinion.
Thank you.
Actually, the term "100% man and 100% God", is extremely absurd!

For example 100% Gold cannot have a little percentage of any other metal. I mean contamination.

Same goes for 'fully God and fully man'. These words were used to fool the ignorant fools.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170245 Apr 1, 2013
Robert Laity wrote:
alla is a false god.
Try saying that in 70 years!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170246 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to bring people to God...
To try to bring people to God, you need to understand God.
You need to understand that God is not a three piece suit/e!
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170247 Apr 1, 2013
John wrote:
It seems Christ is appearing to many Muslims.
http://www.amightywind.com/fastfood/dreams/04...
ACTS 2
17 ‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says,
‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND;
AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
And they shall prophesy.
God will save as many people as possible.
Is he black white or olive?
is he short or tall?
is he fully clothed or naked?
has he a straight or hooked nose?
what colour is his hair?...eyes?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Fri DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul 20 neyney 1
News Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Jul 17 Barnsweb 104
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 15 Tui_Tonga 1,973
'Skulls, Shamans and Sacrifice in Stone Age Bri... Jul 13 Dave 1
Are 2 Million People Really Buried In 74 Graves? Jul 12 Candy 1
More from around the web