Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256018 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170259 Apr 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Joel---You claim to be a "womanizer".
Hugh--- NEVER and I am being serious. I assert that I love women. I have NEVER been a "womanizer". I am an admirer of Solomon.
Joel--I think you're a "boy-izer".
Hugh--- I know that you speak from your own personal experience because you were the start.
Joel---Are you hatching eggs on Easter?
Hugh--- No way dear, I am busy laying them.
Nice response, HughBe! Solomon rocks!

That boy seems to be struggling to get out of his boy's shorts before getting into a man pair of trousers!

Hope you are enjoying your holiday while in England we have been off since good friday to easter monday inclusive!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170260 Apr 1, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
woohoo more "proof" of the three Persons,
"then Lord Jesus rained brimstone and fire upon Sodom and Gomorrah from Lord Father out of heaven" (Gen 19:24)
HughBe ---Two YHWHs in Tanach,
"Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven." (Genesis 19:24)

Note YHWH rained fire on Sodom FROM YHWH out of heaven. So one YHWH was in heaven and the other was not.

Uhuh---woohoo more "proof" of the three Persons,
"then Lord Jesus rained brimstone and fire upon Sodom and Gomorrah from Lord Father out of heaven" (Gen 19:24)

HughBe--- Now Uhuh, my post started like this "TWO YHWHs in Tanach," and I know that you saw the word TWO. So, I take it that where you live my TWO= your 3.

Note, I was NOT seeking to prove any trinity.

Here is more proof of TWO (2) Jehovahs in the Tanach. I know that you are not a native speaker of English and so you may be challenged.

Here goes.

Amos 4:11 "I(God) have overthrown some among you as when GOD(another God) overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah"

One God speaking and He makes reference to ANOTHER God who overthrew Sodom. Get It?

In essence, TWO Gods.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170261 Apr 1, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible to understand God or his purpose for mankind in the slightest, as far as I am concerned, if one thinks that Jesus was god on earth, god and man at the same time, and part or whole of a trinity.
How is it that God resurrects himself? Or that God re-enters his dead body? It doesn't make sense, even according to the scriptures, and then the classic cry, to say that God can do the impossible is another ridiculous way of handling it. Well, anyway, have a nice day.
Well said NQ!
You are right...and their standard answer is "Why limit god?".

Can God die? Why not, they say!!..lol
Can God banish me from His Kingdom? errrmmmm, they say!
Can God create a stone so heavy that He cannot lift it? errrmmm, they say!

The most important point is that Jesus NEVER made a single DIRECT claim that he was God or God in human form who came down to earth as his own son to die for the sins of Gentiles on a Roman cross..and through him we will be saved and have eteranl life if we believe in his willing unconditional & loving sacrifice!
Hope you are having a lovely day too..
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170262 Apr 1, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
From the poster who still wont even admit he has the sin of sodom wrong. smooth.
Let me put your CS of a doctrine to rest. Tell me the sin of Sodom. I shall make quick work of it. No more toying.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170263 Apr 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice response, HughBe! Solomon rocks!
That boy seems to be struggling to get out of his boy's shorts before getting into a man pair of trousers!
Hope you are enjoying your holiday while in England we have been off since good friday to easter monday inclusive!
Thanks, Alex and indeed we have the same two PUBIC holidays. I am doing some painting at home. I shall be on and off of the forum.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#170264 Apr 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your boyfriend has a "vagina" after getting castrated?
How does it feel to put your big, black bamboo into his "vagina"?
LOL.
Joel---So, your boyfriend has a "vagina" after getting castrated?

Hugh--- castration does not produce a VAGINA, Joel. It leaves one ballsless.

Joel---How does it feel to put your big, black bamboo into his "vagina"?

Hugh--- heavenly. I shall not ask you how it feels when you stick your little dickie elsewhere as I have no interest in knowing. Much love, sweet Hugh.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170265 Apr 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Alex and indeed we have the same two PUBIC holidays. I am doing some painting at home. I shall be on and off of the forum.
lol...your holidays seem more interesting than ours that are just boring PUBLIC ones!!lol
Good luck with you painting...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170266 Apr 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, NQ...thank you and I agree with your assessment.
If some of my posts seem "strong", please forgive me.
My "strong" comments are directed towards "BJ" who is skeptic's bumbling god in three pieces.
This in no way affects my love and respect for Jesus Christ PBUH, a man of God and a godly person.
Peace.
I understand. It is (more than sometimes) irritating when someone like "shamma" goes on rants about the unsupportable, and then brings out flaws while refusing to acknowledge the mote in his own figurative eye. But -- that's the way it is with many. It ain't easy to acknowledge one's own faults, but the sad thing is when someone holds himself up as the pinnacle of truth which is riddled with flaws, not realizing the hatred he brings upon himself and his ideas because of those beliefs and pronouncements. Real sad. I don't know Islam's beliefs about Satan,but according to the way I see things, all those sad beliefs that such ones bring forth makes them poster boys for satan, even if he doesn't realize it or acknowledge it. I leave it at that.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170267 Apr 1, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>God is also in the New testament Bible and you have not followed God thru the scriptures.
God is a living God and is not confined to living only in the past, as you have God trapped in The Torah.
rabbee: call it what ever you want, but this story of adam and his mate. is not a, new testament.

and this is not the Torot past or future, this is The Living Torah Presently we are here in again. so we are the ones, trapped here in TheTorah.

and there are only, two exist points out of it. and eventual oblivion is the most likely, exit for the almost all of you. so death does not necessarily get you out, of being in TheTorah again.

so their delusion of a new testament, is ill founded. since we have only been returned, resurrected to the very same old one again. because the world has always failed, G-D here in TheTorah. and you all have to quit, failing G-D here in TheTorah. to even stand a chance, to get out of it.

and you sir, have failed G-D here in TheTorah. just as everyone else in the world, has failed to be here in IT Today. and vainly bragging that you have, another new testament from men. shall never even get you, a visit to HEAVEN of Heavens.

and if their new testament in their tanach, won't get them to Heaven on Earth. then none of your other, new testaments are going to get you there either. G-D Wrote Only TheTorah, and THEY really mean it. and all your other testaments, are from fallible talking critters.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170268 Apr 1, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said NQ!
You are right...and their standard answer is "Why limit god?".
Can God die? Why not, they say!!..lol

LOL, yes that is true!:-)

[QUOTE who="Alex123 WM"]<quoted text>
Can God banish me from His Kingdom? errrmmmm, they say!

Yes, a conundrum.

Can God create a stone so heavy that He cannot lift it? errrmmm, they say!

lol again.

The most important point is that Jesus NEVER made a single DIRECT claim that he was God or God in human form who came down to earth as his own son to die for the sins of Gentiles on a Roman cross..and through him we will be saved and have eteranl life if we believe in his willing unconditional & loving sacrifice!
Hope you are having a lovely day too..
Again, when discussing 'glory,''divine,' or the word 'god,' one must search both the meanings and the context of such words with the spirit of the truth and God's help, because many organizations and teachers have gone forth with erroneous teachings.(As you already know.)

No, Jesus never claimed he was god or a trinity. As you have suggested, how can god die? Did he re-enter his dead body? God does not work against himself. Even if 1/3 of god died, of 1/2 of 1/3 (only his 'body'), God does not work against himself by making it sublime to the point of the ridiculous.

Yes, it must be explained as a mystery. When Jesus said, with God all things are possible, I don't think he meant that he, Jesus, was God, or that it is possible Jesus was part of a trinity.(To narrow it down a bit. <g>) OK, well I don't want to tire you out, so I will be brief. Thank you for your responses.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170269 Apr 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying and defend the gargantuan lie known as Trinity. It is unholy.
Just answer this:
Did Jesus, his followers and Paul use that ugly word?
When was the word Trinity uttered first and who uttered that ugly word?
rabbee: you are both defending, your religions vain prejudice. which is not going, to help either of you to determine the truth. you are both wrong, having never been right with G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170270 Apr 1, 2013
ana wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are posting fake quotes from the Quran, every quote from the Quran was completely false
Also posting quotes from hadith Ibn Ishaq, but Ishaq is not a legitimate hadith..., I was going to ask a scholar but will not waste their time now after what I found.... These postings are from islamaphobic websites with no credibility what's so ever
Honestly why do people do this it's really quite sad :(
I just wish to live in peace and harmony ...
rabbee: well it is just their not being true to G-D, to all your words not being true to G-D here in only The Torah again. like i have said before, G-D only wrote TheTorah. all of yours is from, vain talking critters only claiming G-D is on our side. when you have never been, on The-Side of G-D, when it is said.

G-D does not take sides, you must take to The-Side of G-D Only. and taking to the side of any religion, is a vain cop out. your only vainly defending your religions, and not G-D.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170271 Apr 1, 2013
Poor Jamaican - he can't afford an interior designer to plan and execute the painting in his run-down house and so he's doing his own painting that's sure to be a patchy piece of work. Yuck. LMAO.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170272 Apr 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me put your CS of a doctrine to rest. Tell me the sin of Sodom. I shall make quick work of it. No more toying.
We have been through this before. Sorry- I would rather bang my head against a wall. Equal amount of satisfaction but at least I can cease when I want to.
george whyte

London, UK

#170273 Apr 1, 2013
Man shoots his father at Easter Sunday church service while screaming that it 'is the will of Allah'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23020...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170274 Apr 1, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Where I come from those who rise from the dead are considered ghouls and generally avoided
HughBe--- It means that SATAN has total control and possession over your fellow elements.
Frijoles---Its ok. When I am down I used to have an imaginary friend to blame my troubles on too.
But then I graduated pre-school
HughBe--- But you have REPEATED grade 1 continuously.
Doesnt change the fact you have an imaginary enemy to scapegoat your inadequacies and frustrations on.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170275 Apr 1, 2013
Persecuted Arab Christians in the Middle East are making a beeline for the US.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170276 Apr 1, 2013
ALLAH IS NOT FICTITIOUS. ALLAH EXISTS
By J. Grant Swank, Jr.
www.MichNews.com
Jun 27, 2005

Certain atheists in particular consign Allah to superstition. Some religionists do the same by relegating Islam’s deity, Allah, to a figment of the Muslim imagination.

The truth is that Allah is not a figment of anyone’s imagination nor fictitious nor a part of superstitious lore. Allah exists.

In the Old Testament Jehovah warned the Israelites not to intermingle with pagan cultures, especially not to marry anyone within those heathen conclaves. Jehovah explicitly stated that doing same would open the Israeli mind to worship the pagan gods.

If the pagan gods were merely superstitions or figments of the pagan imaginations, then what was there actually to fear? It is true that even a figment of the imagination that is not lined up with eternal truth can waylay a soul from Jehovah. But the matter was far worse than that.

Jehovah prohibited His own people from worshiping other gods for those other gods actually existed. In what form did they exist? They existed as demons, cohorts with the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light.

It is the same with Allah. Allah exists in actuality as the King of the Pit, Lucifer, the fallen Angel of Light. Therefore, when Muslims pray to Allah, it is not merely a figment of their imagination to whom they pray. They pray to a real power. They pray to the Devil.

The Bible states that the only true God is the God of the Bible. All other deities are demons appearing as deities.
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170277 Apr 1, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Poor Jamaican - he can't afford an interior designer to plan and execute the painting in his run-down house and so he's doing his own painting that's sure to be a patchy piece of work. Yuck. LMAO.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing your own work you little boy with a big complex.
If you can't cook...you go out to eat salmonella food.
If you can't paint...you ask a clown to help.
If you can't reason...you cut and paste.
If you can't make love...do you get a fellow waiter to do it for you?
(smiles!!)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170278 Apr 1, 2013
Jesus declared He is God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... 21 hr drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec 6 Tom 1
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
More from around the web