Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256385 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#170070 Mar 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---Where I come from those who rise from the dead are considered ghouls and generally avoided
HughBe--- It means that SATAN has total control and possession over your fellow elements.
Its ok. When I am down I used to have an imaginary friend to blame my troubles on too.

But then I graduated pre-school.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#170071 Mar 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake me up when something is being debated
What I see here is a lot of spouting of intolerance and evangelecism, with no attempt to use ones god gifted mental faculties.
The reality is you applied your hate and bigotry in your response just to let me know you don't accept Jesus Christ, and his work of redemption on the cross.
You see no benefit in His dieing on the cross.
On the other side, His dieing on the cross was for your benefit, but you rejected that notion.
So you had to degrade it to feel good about yourself.
So I LMAO at your ignorance, and at your fragile immature character.
you fail to see to those that do believe the symbol of the cross is a moral character builder that benefits society.
So you are a loser in that debate in two ways.
The debate is over and you lost your ass.
LMAO!

Location hidden

#170072 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is you applied your hate and bigotry in your response just to let me know you don't accept Jesus Christ, and his work of redemption on the cross.
On the other side, His dieing on the cross was for your benefit, but you rejected that notion.
you fail to see to those that do believe the symbol of the cross is a moral character builder that benefits society.
LMAO!
Let me get this straight.

You invent a fiction, then tell me I have no part in it by definition, fault me for not participating in it, and then you have the gall to criticize me for mocking you in the process?

That pushes the limits of sanity

Location hidden

#170073 Mar 31, 2013
and THEN you call it a debate and laugh your ask off?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170074 Mar 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok. When I am down I used to have an imaginary friend to blame my troubles on too.
But then I graduated pre-school.
rabbee: what? the alleged imaginary debil made you do it, because you did not really believe in the alleged imaginary G-D?

did you ever stop to think, you may have been more right as a child, than imagining you have become a more self blinded growed up?

and that maybe growed ups, are self blind to the monsters in our own closets?

does it really help, when this world of monsters? tells you there are, no such things as monsters. and you! believe them.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170075 Mar 31, 2013
tragic that an existing unseen force, that is in control of this world. we like to call invisible, or non-existent. when all the evidence, points to the fact of it's or IT'S existence.

as things do not happen, the way they should here in TheTorah. because we are not the way, we all should be in This-Story again.

and shall continue to keep on happening the way they shouldn't. as long as we keep pretending, we are not all here in This-Story from G-D again. with the self created monsters, for not being here in TheTorah Happening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#170076 Mar 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight.
You invent a fiction, then tell me I have no part in it by definition, fault me for not participating in it, and then you have the gall to criticize me for mocking you in the process?
That pushes the limits of sanity
rabbee: sanity??? in this world! against G-D again. ha!

calling this insane world sane in order, to make your self look sane in it. is hypocritical, at the very least.

and this world, that is not sane. is teaching you! their standards of sanity???

as any altering of the real truth, only becomes delusional mythology.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#170077 Mar 31, 2013
uhuh wrote:
"and the Lord passed before Moses and proclaimed: The Lord! The Lord!" (Exo 34:6)
should read,
"and Lord Jesus passed before Moses and proclaimed: Lord Father! Lord Spirit!" lol
Moses said "Lord, I can not get a good view of you, it is fast rotating view , keeps changing between Father, Son and Holy Ghost, make it slow, so I can see each of the Persons clearly"
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170078 Mar 31, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I come from those who rise from the dead are considered ghouls and generally avoided.
LOL!
That made me spray the "holy" water!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170079 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its there.
You are just a Muslim bull-shitter.
A Muslim pretender that pretends to worship the God of Gods Holy Bible.
You are a good bull-shitter, but you cannot bull-shit enough to erase the truth that God is a Holy Trinity.
It is sad, Shamma, that instead of glorifying God, imo, you are cursing others in the likeness of God, and destroying the concept of one God, thus making God into a manmade entity, making you and your religious concept look more awful than it already is, if that is possible, but you have exemplified this. I should be in mourning over this, because of the adherence not to scripture, but to a teaching, however I am glad I am not to the extreme of being depressed over your explanation which I am sure is shared by millions, because I know that God is greater than your concept of Him.

I thank Him for letting me know the truth, and that you expressed yourself. I say this to you with all respect, but I'm wondering if you're not a plant to go against trinitarian concepts instead of promoting them, because it sounds like fanaticism to me, somewhat like an ideological concept without regard for other thoughts, but -- since the trinity is an absurd concept imho, there is not much more to say about that unless you are willing to explain scripture rationally and logically.

I do hope you have a nice day. And thank you for revealing your ideas. It is phenomenal, and I am sure you are not alone in your adherence to what cannot be logically and rationally explained, but rather you cling without offering explanation of your own beliefs, or your church's tenets. I hope one day you will see the truth about God, who is not a trinity.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#170080 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>First of all your opinion of who Jesus is does not matter.
Its just an opinion.
It is not based on a research of both the OT and NT.
You pick a verse here and there and give your opinion from a few verses.
The Church Fathers did a complete study starting from Genesis to
revelations.
And Biblical scholars continued to search the scriptures to confirm that God is Tri-une.
A truth cannot be contradicted, and there is no contradictions concerning the Holy Trinity of God.
The Bible is not just stories.
The Bible is Gods plan of salvation for the human race.
More importantly God reveals how he is going to accomplish saving man from the penalty of death for sin that separates man from God.
Gods honor and integrity is at stake and God must accomplish this without violating His honor and integrity.
So God must reveal Himself to us in order that we can have complete trust and faith in Him.
And come to Him freely by our own free will.
An unseen God is not worthy of our trust.
The Bible falls apart if God remains an unseen God.
Without The Coming of Jesus Christ, Gods own essence and Divine nature, God is a mythical God like the Romans and Greek mythical gods.
We know God is real because His Son Jesus Christ is real.
I noticed if I give a link it is ignored.
But here is link that will blow you and those that don't accept the Church Fathers findings that brought them to the conclusion that God is a Holy Trinity.
http://bible.org/article/trinity-triunity-god
That is a load of Bull Shit!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170081 Mar 31, 2013
Alex123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL!

That made me spray the "holy" water!
You're stupid to laugh at Frijoles' dumb reply referring to a ghoul.

Frijoles doesn't know head nor tail about the laws governing life and death, so what is his opinion on the subject worth aside from the cheap sarcasm?

Frijoles wouldn't even recognize a ghoul if he accosts one and would be happy to carry on with his religious nonsense and fanaticism and unfair-mindedness. he's not a worthy role model to emulate or admire.

Now, what about this question?

Hey O-level failure,

What do you understand by the equation: dQ = dH + dS? When would dH > dS and dS > dH? What're the implications in terms of dQ? Would this equation be sufficient to explain a perpetual motion machine if it is possible to create one?

(smiles)
Alex123 WM

London, UK

#170082 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance is not bliss,
Trying to hide behind your ignorance is ignorance.
Your point of view reflects your disinterest in Gods interest you.
So why do you even bother to interject your opinions on religious debate?
So how did your DEMON BJ conquer death by dying?
Did he conquer birth by being born?
Utter rubbish.
Poor Jesus was wounded but he managed to survive.
Mark 16:8 is the END!
No resurrection...these are lies made up later.
BJ is ghoul.
BJ is DEMON.

Only GOD can save poor Jesus from ignorant people like you.

bmz

Location hidden

#170083 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Its there.
You are just a Muslim bull-shitter.

A Muslim pretender that pretends to worship the God of Gods Holy Bible.

You are a good bull-shitter, but you cannot bull-shit enough to erase the truth that God is a Holy Trinity.
I have already told you that Trinity or the Triune God is Bull Shit. God is not a Trinity and Trinity is unholy.

Trinity is an extremely vulgar lie against God Almighty and also against the noble Son of Mary.

Jesus did not teach and preach Trinity and he was himself unaware of this load of rubbish. This filthy butchery of God was concocted 500 years after Jesus had passed away and turned to dust and bones.

This absurd doctrine came up from the views of bloody fools, who were called Church fathers and it was just their view and opinion. Trinity has nothing to do with Jesus.

You have been duped and you believe in that rubbish, which was not even know to Jesus' disciples and the early followers.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170084 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

But without matter there is no energy.
And without energy there's no matter.

They're the obverse and reverse sides of a coin.

Understand, ghoul?

(smiles)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#170085 Mar 31, 2013
Attention also to Alex and bmz.
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>NO! You don't have many proofs of the Trinity.
What you have is your JW Bible, and that bible misguides you.
I know what I am dealing with in you.
And you reflect the dishonesty of the JW's.
LMAO! at your dishonesty.
What you posted are the points JW'S use to try and discredit the Trinity, and I already posted the errors in the JW'S Bible on this thread.
So you are trying to be coy and make like that is not so.
You see your knowledge of the Bible gives you away, for you bring out the points that JW'S use in their Bible study.
With all due respect, I'm waiting and hoping to see if you think that Jesus was really dead before he was resurrected, or if only part of 'him' was dead. Was he all dead -- do id he give up his "life"?

Alex, who was a priest, knows quite a bit about the Bible, more than many. And he saw and understands very well what trinitarians believe. At first I did not understand his comments about the separation of deities, but gradually I began to understand him.

So I ask you this: when Jesus died, did the god-part of him continue staying alive, while the flesh part of him only died? If in fact he was the perfect equivalent of Adam, how would that be so if only his "flesh" died, but the god part of him stayed alive somewhere else?

I see bmz was on target when he implied you would not answer me, although I thank you for not using a cut-and-paste, you did express yourself by insulting a few who disagree with you, as well as clinging to the church ideas rather than exercising your powers of reason and perception. You hold to those which lead you to believe that church is uber alles (over all), including scripture, rationality, and reason.

So again, did Jesus really die? Or did only part of him die? I did not broach the subject of the resurrection, yet I wonder how it is that you think Jesus was really resurrected. Thank you. And again, I thank God that I know the scriptures, and read them as much as possible.

By saying that Jesus was godman, a person is really saying he did not come in the flesh, but as a godman in the flesh, which is not true. Therefore, when Jesus died, he died. And God brought him back to life. That is my belief as a Christian. God alone can bring someone to this recognition.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170086 Mar 31, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>

After the Resurrection, "the graves were opened and many of the dead awoke and came into the city, as seen by many" (Matt 27:52-53)
Hey dunce,

Aren't all the people that ever existed supposed to rise from the dead on the Islamic Judgement Day?

So, by this yardstick, Allah is the Emperor of Zombies. Right?

Obviously, all talk about the Judgement Day is bull shit in view of the causal laws as applied to human karma that applies all the time.

bmz

Location hidden

#170087 Mar 31, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
When did that debate take place? Did not see any!

His so-called dying on the cross should be considered an embarrassment to the Father, who could not rescue the alleged son and let death prevail over the alleged son.

What we see is that death defeated the Father and the Son.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#170088 Mar 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Father, Son and Holy Ghost
H2O manifests as ice, water and water vapor.

Similarly, an archetypal consciousness-force can embody itself as father, son and holy ghost.

Did you get the logic behind the analogy?

(smiles)

bmz

Location hidden

#170089 Mar 31, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
Attention also to Alex and bmz.
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I'm waiting and hoping to see if you think that Jesus was really dead before he was resurrected, or if only part of 'him' was dead. Was he all dead -- do id he give up his "life"?
Alex, who was a priest, knows quite a bit about the Bible, more than many. And he saw and understands very well what trinitarians believe. At first I did not understand his comments about the separation of deities, but gradually I began to understand him.

So I ask you this: when Jesus died, did the god-part of him continue staying alive, while the flesh part of him only died? If in fact he was the perfect equivalent of Adam, how would that be so if only his "flesh" died, but the god part of him stayed alive somewhere else?

I see bmz was on target when he implied you would not answer me, although I thank you for not using a cut-and-paste, you did express yourself by insulting a few who disagree with you, as well as clinging to the church ideas rather than exercising your powers of reason and perception. You hold to those which lead you to believe that church is uber alles (over all), including scripture, rationality, and reason.

So again, did Jesus really die? Or did only part of him die? I did not broach the subject of the resurrection, yet I wonder how it is that you think Jesus was really resurrected. Thank you. And again, I thank God that I know the scriptures, and read them as much as possible.
By saying that Jesus was godman, a person is really saying he did not come in the flesh, but as a godman in the flesh, which is not true. Therefore, when Jesus died, he died. And God brought him back to life. That is my belief as a Christian. God alone can bring someone to this recognition.
Interesting, NQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec 30 Off Topic 5
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 30 YHWH Allah 2
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec 22 Lucifer 9
C-h-e-a-p K-i-t-c-h-e-n-s For Sale Middlesbrough Dec 19 Anonymous 1
The Epiphany Window is a Map of Stonehenge Dec '16 Garry-Denke 4
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... Dec '16 drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec '16 Tom 1
More from around the web