Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230185 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169801 Mar 29, 2013
The first word is not the last word.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169802 Mar 29, 2013
The debunking of the crude religious ideas of the past, the march of science and technology, the expansion of the rational faculties, the great freedom movements, growing liberalism and the globalization trend that're visible everywhere in the world since the past century or so are indicators of an evolutionary mechanism at work in matter that seeks to manifest by an act of emergence a higher degree of consciousness (in matter).
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169803 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Richard Dawkins and I are far more intelligent and much more humane than the demon, Allah, and his chief pimp, Muhammad.
(smiles)
Do you actually know dr. dick snikwad?
Are you sure you are silly as him?
EXCEPTED?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169804 Mar 29, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad, the Great Creationist Retard, is online. LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169805 Mar 29, 2013
Good night.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169806 Mar 29, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again, Alex. So good to see you! That is correct, imo. I am not, of course, the Final Authority, so I can be wrong. But religionists (and theologians) decided he made himself like God -- I say no more.(right now :-)
I shall only quote from the King James Version, a version some people believe is dictated word-for-word (in English) by God.:-)
John 10:33-35 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, MAKEST THYSELF GOD.
(They accused him, according to the Bible, of making HIMSELF GOD. But he never said he was God, not even the second person of God.)
34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the SON of God?
(He said he was the SON of God, according to what I see in the Bible -- He never said he was God, or the second or third person of God or God 3 in one.)
Hello NQ, hope you are well.
Thank you again for you good posts.
Please keep in touch by posting here an other means as we need people like you to help retain an element of decorum here!

You are correct: Jesus pbuh, never claimed divintiy.
As you know I have some issues with parts of John as I believe that some of John was written by an inspired believer(s) and others by people with an Agenda.
Not withstanding this..I refrain from calling Jesus the only begotten son.
God and his children have a very special relationship.
Unlike paul wv, I don't think that God accepts only the "yes to mangod" men as Children.
All are God's children (creation) including non believers.
It is not up to paul wv to tell me if I can or cannot be a child of God!
Peace.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169807 Mar 29, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: everyone else being a failure at the time, does not mean They were the failure. everybody else's failure, only resulted in Adam, being returned as adam and his mate again. and it is still all your failures that cost them, GanEden as well.
Dear rabbee...I was not there at the time.
Otherwise, I would have defended the poor man and got him to escape.
I cannot take ANY blame.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169808 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is evident you are just as ignorant as Alex.
You make statements you cannot back up with rational reasoning.
Is Jesus the second person of the Holy Trinity?
If Not, explain who Jesus is?
If you think that NQ and I are ignorant, we must be super intelligent/knowledgeable.
Thank you.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169809 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is the oldest religion that has excepted Satan as their Lord and master.
There is nothing new about that.
The Meccas worshiped Baal a demon as their god.
The worship of demons in the Arab/Muslim world is common practice Alex.
WORTH REPEATING A MILLION TIMES. SKEPTIC!!!!
AND I AGREE A MILLION TIMES!!!
"ISLAM IS THE OLDEST RELIGION THAT DID NOT INCLUDE SATAN AS LORD AND MASTER"!
Thank you.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169810 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is because you worship Satan.
Muslims are children of Satan.
They are the Anti-Christ.
Muhammad sold his soul to the devil.
Muslims are not worth being saved by Jesus Christ.
The Quran openly boast of being the Anti-Christ.
You worship the "one-eyed" naked pagan on a phallus begging to be eaten.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169811 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is God then how come, like little Allah, he's so ignorant about the basis, laws and phenomena of existence and their concomitant causal mechanisms? LOL.
You are ignorant of them.
Your Hinduism has screwed up your thinking.
You dropped your Yogis because you found out it was a dead end.

They didn't have the answers to life.
When Buddha died he said he is still seeking for truth.

You are trying to be a perfect person and you cannot attain it, so you fall back into being a bigot.

The only perfect world is in Gods Kingdom.
And you are arrogant about that because you want a perfect world right here and now.

The way into that perfect world Joe is through Jesus Christ.
And you are to stupid to realize it.
You want something better, but you are not willing to give up your prejudices and except the fact that you cannot become a better person without the help of God.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169812 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Continued:
4. Certain works of Christ show that He is God.
Jesus Christ has the power to forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7; Eph. 1:7), give eternal life (John 10:28; 17:2), judge the world (John 5:22, 27), and control nature (Matt. 8:26). Since only God can do these things, Christ must be God...
UTTER rubbish.
BJ is again turned into a joker by ignorant scribes!
Just because he says "your sin is forgiven" does not REALLY mean that sin is forgiven.
It is no different to the Pedo in the confessional "cubicle", saying "your sin is forgiven".

BJ COULD not forgive sin as ONLY GOD can forgive sin.
BJ is NOT God.

...Secondly, if BJ could forgive sin, then why did he not say to all the dumbasses...
"YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN, NOW.. LET's CANCEL THIS CRUCIFIXION....please...please ...please...pretty please"!!!!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169813 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot say that the Holy Trinity does not exist without claiming you are God.
Are you BMZ openly and publicly claiming you are GOD?
If you choose to worship a naked pagan dangling off a phallus begging you to bite his raw flesh and suck off his blood...why not worship fully clothed men like BMZ and Joel.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169814 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Yeh, the conceit of these muzzies is beyond belief.
They not only think they understand God, they think they own God.
It is impossible to "own" God or put God in your pocket like the
Demon worshippers who carry the naked pagan on a phallus anywhere.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169815 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>They mock God.
They use Satan's Sharia law to justify to them them self the rape, robbery, and murder of innocent non-Muslim.
You mock god by worshipping a naked pagan joker on a phallus.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169816 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
I'm off to the Taj pastry shop to buy myself some yummy hot cross buns to celebrate the impotence and failure of Little Jesus.
(smiles)
LOl...try making your own!
The chaps at taj may not be washing their hands.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169817 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>NQ is not a Christian.
NQ is an Anti-Christ.
NQ is not a ghost/demon worshipper.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169818 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not a good human being.
You're one hell of a crook and a pervert.
where is butteredbuttturdlickford? he would have said..
thus saith the lordy lord!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169819 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about your pedophile prophet who was a satanist?
are yogis not sex pests and perverts trying to release the kundalini off women's privates?
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169820 Mar 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is my brother and I am an adopted child of God. With Jesus I call God my Father who is in heaven.
Are you claiming that your Lord and God is your brother?
Wow....delusions of grandeur plus plus!
Is BJ also your significant other?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Wed The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul 31 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul 30 mICHEAL 24
need info on a artifact I found Jul '15 neyney 1
More from around the web