Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169867 Mar 29, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>

Please stop talking idiotic bullshit.
Trance and OBE are the only logical methods that could have been used by Jesus to explain the post-crucifixion events.

These are common methods used by mystics at times. Nothing too complex.

Is there any other logical explanation to account for Jesus' so-called death and revival? NDE, perhaps? But, then a NDE, in the case of a mystic like Jesus, would also would have to take the same route of deep trance accompanied by an OBE. So, there's no other logical explanation.

If not trance, OBE or NDE via trance and OBE, then what else?

Give the detailed mechanism of your beliefs concerning the so-called death and revival of Jesus.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169868 Mar 29, 2013
Raz, You left this out, though, from your explanation:(taken from the Catholic Encyclopedia website, newadvent.org ) First under the section "Easter," it says that the English term, according to the Ven. Bede (De temporum ratione, I, v), relates to Estre, a Teutonic goddess of the rising light of day and spring, which deity, however, is otherwise unknown, even in the Edda (Simrock, Mythol., 362); only THEN does it go into the Saxon word, and so forth. No lie, unless you want to say the Catholic Encyclopedia is lying. It says, Easter = relating to Estre, Teutonic goddess. Check it out. http://newadvent.org/cathen/05224d.htm
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169869 Mar 29, 2013
Had Jesus severed the slender force link connecting his disembodied consciousness with his cataleptic body, then, well, it would have been impossible for his disembodied consciousness to have re-entered his body. During an OBE, the fine force link that glows like a silver thread (connecting the disembodied consciousness with the cataleptic body) is always maintained intact, but if the force link snaps then it becomes impossible for the disembodied consciousness to enter the body.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169870 Mar 29, 2013
These are minor yogic powers.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169871 Mar 29, 2013
During an OBE, the fine force link that glows like a silver thread is always maintained intact, but if the force link connecting the disembodied consciousness with the cataleptic body snaps then it becomes impossible for the disembodied consciousness to enter the body.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169872 Mar 29, 2013
Spontaneous OBE is a much lower stage than a willed OBE.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#169873 Mar 29, 2013
The catholic church called Easter Pasqua from the latin for resurrection derived from the hebrew-greek, from your link which you havent properly read:

'The respective terms used by the Latins are Pascha resurrectionis and Pascha crucifixionis. In the Roman and Monastic Breviaries the feast bears the title Dominica Resurrectionis; in the Mozarabic Breviary, In Lætatione Diei Pasch Resurrectionis; in the Ambrosian Breviary, In Die Sancto Paschæ. The Romance languages have adopted the Hebrew-Greek term: Latin, Pascha; Italian, Pasqua; Spanish, Pascua; French, Pâques. Also some Celtic and Teutonic nations use it: Scottish, Pask; Dutch, Paschen; The correct word in Dutch is actually Pasen Danish, Paaske; Swedish, Pask; even in the German provinces of the Lower Rhine the people call the feast Paisken not Ostern.'

It is only in english that it was translated as easter and it only Beden who lived around 700ad thought that it derived from un unknown Goddess. However recent research shows that it originates from the the anglo saxon germanic word for resurrection.

Location hidden

#169874 Mar 29, 2013
Again, word derivations are certainly interesting. And the word Easter comes from a Teutonic origin (Saxon), switched from the original to somehow bear a resemblance (like Easter eggs and bunnies) to Jesus. Passover and Pascha have nothing to do (unless others decide it does) with the word "Easter." Unless, of course, someone decides it does.:-) Yet the word origin is unmistakable. If you want to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and call it "Easter," by all means, do it. It does not take away from the origin and switching of the word. Many words evolved that way. Really, who cares? You do what you want, just as others do what they want. Truth is truth, fortunately some of it is available for some.

Taken from http://www.stisidore-yubacity.org/wordeaster....
"The English word Easter is from the Anglo-Saxon word Eastre, a pagan goddess whose festivals (called Eastron) were in the spring season. The festival represented the rising of the sun, new life and a new beginning. Also related are the words East, the directions of the rising sun and yeast, a substance which makes bread rise.
When Christianity came to northern Europe, the resurrection of the Lord fit into the tradition of new life and a rising and hence called Eastre of Easter by the people. The German word for Easter, "Osteren" is also similar in origin, Ost being East."

It was conveniently transferred from a popular pagan tradition.

Location hidden

#169876 Mar 29, 2013
For Eric and Frijoles, and others that I have had the good pleasure of meeting:
Raz, If you like Bach, here's a great rendition of a Gigue played on a fabulous instrument I just discovered, played by a most wonderful musician.
&pl aynext=1&list=PLD6C82CED77 54A4E0&feature=results_mai n
It should make a person happy to hear it, and rejoice in what God has allowed us to enjoy.
There are to be new heavens, and a new earth, in which righteousness is to dwell.
Now here is some Handel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hallelujah!
The time is coming when superstition and idolatry will be NO MORE. It will be taken out of even the great artworks! Made better! Amen, and amen, Lord God of the Universe!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169877 Mar 29, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
Again, word derivations are certainly interesting. And the word Easter comes from a Teutonic origin (Saxon), switched from the original to somehow bear a resemblance (like Easter eggs and bunnies) to Jesus. Passover and Pascha have nothing to do (unless others decide it does) with the word "Easter." Unless, of course, someone decides it does.:-) Yet the word origin is unmistakable. If you want to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and call it "Easter," by all means, do it. It does not take away from the origin and switching of the word. Many words evolved that way. Really, who cares? You do what you want, just as others do what they want. Truth is truth, fortunately some of it is available for some.
Taken from http://www.stisidore-yubacity.org/wordeaster....
"The English word Easter is from the Anglo-Saxon word Eastre, a pagan goddess whose festivals (called Eastron) were in the spring season. The festival represented the rising of the sun, new life and a new beginning. Also related are the words East, the directions of the rising sun and yeast, a substance which makes bread rise.
When Christianity came to northern Europe, the resurrection of the Lord fit into the tradition of new life and a rising and hence called Eastre of Easter by the people. The German word for Easter, "Osteren" is also similar in origin, Ost being East."
It was conveniently transferred from a popular pagan tradition.
So what is your gripe about Easter?
What are you complaining about?

Do you celebrate Easter?

Location hidden

#169878 Mar 29, 2013
Song at the feet of Jesus.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169879 Mar 29, 2013
JOEL wrote:
During an OBE, the fine force link that glows like a silver thread is always maintained intact, but if the force link connecting the disembodied consciousness with the cataleptic body snaps then it becomes impossible for the disembodied consciousness to enter the body.
Jargon again!

Cataleptic body of Jesus? Was Jesus epileptic and had seizures?

Cataleptic body is never a dead body.

You should not use words, which you do not understand, fool.

It is common knowledge that people, who use jargon, cannot be trusted. You can write the junk and the jargon stuff on OBE forums, if there are any.

Jargon should only be used where others are using jargon and the person speaking the worst jargon, prevails.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169880 Mar 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So what is your gripe about Easter?
What are you complaining about?
Her gripe is: Why was it named after a Goddess of pagan?

And that is mine too?

A gripe of mine: Why was the word Trinity borrowed from pagans?

According to you trinitarians, trinity can be found in the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Right? What is the word for Trinity in Hebrew or Aramaic?

Location hidden

#169881 Mar 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is mine too?
According to you trinitarians, trinity can be found in the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Right? What is the word for Trinity in Hebrew or Aramaic?
LOL, you made me laugh, bmz! because I didn't want to say it -- but you said it for me! You got the point. Thanks. Maybe one really means three?

Location hidden

#169882 Mar 29, 2013
Song The old rugged cross.

Location hidden

#169883 Mar 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is mine too?
You pagans have your own meaning of Easter, while Christians have their own meaning.

The Muslim meaning of Easter is this:
http://www.granddeception.com/#sthash.aqi1hOp...

Location hidden

#169884 Mar 29, 2013
Some things really do go against my grain. :-) Everything associated with false religion will be done away with. E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. That means -- that everything associated with what is displeasing to God in any form, shape, or sound -- will be D-O-N-E A-W-A-Y W-I-T-H. It just can't get any clearer than that. If you look at the Hubble Telescope photos and see the universe -- they are incredible, speaking of the glory of God, His majesty. There is NO ONE like Him, that can check his hand. I cannot explain Him. I only know what He permits me to know. Good night everyone. Thanks, bmz, keep well. And you all, too.

Location hidden

#169885 Mar 29, 2013
OK, Shamma, I peeked. Not to put Loretta Lynn down -- but I can't imagine her with a crown. sorry. OK, the next war is starting..I think she'll be happy if she's "saved." And if she ain't, she ain't. Next up -- Raz. Show your Christian faces. I don't like wars. Maybe I'll be back later for a while while you duke it out.

Location hidden

#169886 Mar 29, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you made me laugh, bmz! because I didn't want to say it -- but you said it for me! You got the point. Thanks. Maybe one really means three?
Easter means this:
http://www.granddeception.com/#sthash.aqi1hOp...
This brings joy and a smile on your face knowing Christians are being murdered by Muslims for believing in the Holy Trinity,

Location hidden

#169887 Mar 29, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
OK, Shamma, I peeked. Not to put Loretta Lynn down -- but I can't imagine her with a crown. sorry. OK, the next war is starting..I think she'll be happy if she's "saved." And if she ain't, she ain't. Next up -- Raz. Show your Christian faces. I don't like wars. Maybe I'll be back later for a while while you duke it out.
You talk out of your ass, you love the murdering of Christians by Muslims.
That's why you brought up that pagan meaning of Easter.
You want to start war.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan 15 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web