Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,546

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John

Brisbane, Australia

#169621 Mar 28, 2013
Hey muztards, why is every muztard country on earth a sickening hell hole???
Why does every species of cruelty and poverty and stupidity and tyranny flourish in the muztard countries???
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169622 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
Why does every species of cruelty and poverty and stupidity and tyranny flourish in the muztard countries???
Salaamz & Salutationz Islamophobic muztard hater. Why does every pristine(crosstian) country deny the fact that they all have 3rd world Ghettos right in their back yards,yet for some unseen and inexplicable reason they must save all those in poverty and squaller where there is an abundance of natural resources in those foreign countries? LOL! Hippocrites! the Lot! LMAO! Cheerz
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169623 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex your god Allah is not the God of the Bible.
Muslims have no connections to the God of the Bible.
Ishmael strayed from worshiping the God of Abraham and Moses.
In this article we would like to point out that the Holy Bible contradicts the Muslim assertion that the Ishmaelites were worshiping the true God Yahweh. We read in the 83rd chapter of the Psalms that the Ishmaelites did not worship Yahweh God:
"O God, do not keep silence; do not hold your peace or be still, O God! For behold, your enemies make an uproar; those WHO HATE YOU have raised their heads. They lay crafty plans against your people; they consult together against your treasured ones. They say,‘Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!’ For they conspire with one accord; AGAINST YOU they make a covenant - the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites, Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; Asshur also has joined them; they are the strong arm of the children of Lot. Selah Do to them as you did to Midian, as to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon, who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground. Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna, who said,‘Let us take possession for ourselves of the pastures of God.’ O my God, make them like whirling dust, like chaff before the wind. As fire consumes the forest, as the flame sets the mountains ablaze, so may you pursue them with your tempest and terrify them with your hurricane! Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O LORD. Let them be put to shame and dismayed forever; let them perish in disgrace, that they may know that you alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth. Psalm 83:1-18
The Psalm is part of collection of Psalms which are attributed to Asaph. Asaph lived about 1000 BC, and was a leader of David’s Levitical choirs, and had descendants from his line who continued as singers for many centuries. Some think that Psalm 83 was composed in 1040 BC., others at 800 BC., others claim it dates from 600 BC., and still others that date it from 400 BC.
The implication this Psalm has on the Muslim claims is quite devastating. According to this Psalm the Ishmaelites, at least from the period between 1000-400 BC., were part of the nations who hated both the true God and his covenant people. The Psalmist asks God to bring utter destruction upon these nations so that they may come to the realization that Yahweh alone is the Most High God over the earth. This means that if the Muslim claims regarding the Meccan Arabs being descendents of Ishmael are correct, then the Allah of pre-Islamic Mecca was a false god. He couldn’t have been the same God worshiped by Jews and Christians.
In fact, there is evidence which points to Baal being the high god worshiped by the Meccans!
Muslims are just big bullies that force their words as truth without the truth to back up their words.
You need to do some research Alex on your religion of Muhammad's religion.
Muslims are too lazy to research their religion.
Muhammad was not a prophet of the God of the Bible.
Salaamz Shamma & Pardon my intrusion but I believe you to be in error. Inspite of all your scriptural ranting and postuering.Inspite of all the nefarious and humorous activities of clueless humanbeings thru history. It is God who remains the same! you may refer to Him as Adonai,or ALLAH,or the Almighty,or Hashem,or Jehoveh,or any of the miriad of names He has been given by men that they may attempt to understand and describe what is beyond their finite understanding.LOL! Therefore your statement that ALLAH is not god,is somewhat shortsighted and incorrect. May you be Guided to more factual proofs concerning the realistic identity of The Divine And Most Eternal Creator. Cheerz
Carl Michael

Ilford, UK

#169624 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello learned person...
Same "logic" can be used for the MESSIAH HITLER from Christian Germany who chased off money lenders with his "whip".
Where was his "god" when he was burning in the bunker?
Good mental health.
Good mental health? Wogy, are you really saying good mental health? lol
Redneck Reb

United States

#169625 Mar 28, 2013
Bow to Allah ....What a joke.... Where was Allah when Saddam Hussein Called on Him? Surely a King with a Royal Bloodline that goes all the way back to Nebucanezzar....would suely have Favor With His God.... So What Happened ? where was Allah? BOY, when they were Passing out Gods You Must have been Out taking a WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
For Some TRUE Perspective on Allah and Mohammad ....GO Now and Read
"THE SATANIC VERSES" -By Salmon Rushdie
The Book is Available on AMAZON.COM or EBAY

-He is very Knowledgeable on this Subject!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169627 Mar 28, 2013
Carl Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello wog!
You are back are you?
Scared little boy who ran off last time from a rugby encounter!
ARE YOU ASHAMED TO BE A WOG?
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169628 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Bow to Allah ....What a joke.... Where was Allah when Saddam Hussein Called on Him? Surely a King with a Royal Bloodline that goes all the way back to Nebucanezzar....would suely have Favor With His God.... So What Happened ? where was Allah? BOY, when they were Passing out Gods You Must have been Out taking a WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
For Some TRUE Perspective on Allah and Mohammad ....GO Now and Read
"THE SATANIC VERSES" -By Salmon Rushdie
The Book is Available on AMAZON.COM or EBAY
-He is very Knowledgeable on this Subject!
Hello learned person...
Same "logic" can be used for the MESSIAH HITLER from Christian Germany who chased off money lenders with his "whip".
Where was his "god" when he was burning in the bunker?
Good mental health.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169629 Mar 28, 2013
Carl Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...this wog is using an appropriate name!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169630 Mar 28, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> Salaamz Shamma & Pardon my intrusion but I believe you to be in error. Inspite of all your scriptural ranting and postuering.Inspite of all the nefarious and humorous activities of clueless humanbeings thru history. It is God who remains the same! you may refer to Him as Adonai,or ALLAH,or the Almighty,or Hashem,or Jehoveh,or any of the miriad of names He has been given by men that they may attempt to understand and describe what is beyond their finite understanding.LOL! Therefore your statement that ALLAH is not god,is somewhat shortsighted and incorrect. May you be Guided to more factual proofs concerning the realistic identity of The Divine And Most Eternal Creator. Cheerz
Salaams Rabbeen Al Jihad...very well said!
Man represents imperfection.
Allah is perfect in every way.
Salaams
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169631 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>

Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God.

Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
In other places, Jesus said:

1) "I and my father are one."

2) "Be ye as perfect as thy heavenly father."

3) "The kingdom of heaven is within you."

So?
Redneck Reb

United States

#169632 Mar 28, 2013
Antichrist? here is Antichrist...

Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me" I do not have to tell You that Jews are God's Chosen people.
You can read AMOS and know of God's disgust with his people, But God will always consider Israel as his own! He will defend it...now that it has returned as a nation.
Israel WAS, IS, and will ALWAYS BE!!!!!
ISRAEL ...The Apple of God's Eye.....
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169633 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
lol...so the muztards can get the "limited suffering in hell" bit out of the way on planet earth, so they can enjoy heaven forever and ever!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169634 Mar 28, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>

It is God who remains the same! you may refer to Him as Adonai,or ALLAH,or the Almighty,or Hashem,or Jehoveh, or any of the myriad of names He has been given by men
INCORRECT.

The above names represent different beings.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169635 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain your post.
Why did Jesus say: Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father:
Why was it important for Jesus to leave and ho to the Father?
The key in that verse is "I go away, and come again unto you"
What is Jesus saying in that verses?
You need to explain what you refute?
Don't you think "going to father" means I am gonna die?
May be BJ was parabling along:"I sincerely hope that god will keep me in suspended animation until he chooses to send me back to salvage my fail mission"
boom..boom..
John

Brisbane, Australia

#169636 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...so the muztards can get the "limited suffering in hell" bit out of the way on planet earth, so they can enjoy heaven forever and ever!
But the followers of the raping butchering paedophile false prophet MooHamMad do not "enjoy heaven".
Wake up fool.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169637 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Antichrist? here is Antichrist...
Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me" I do not have to tell You that Jews are God's Chosen people.
You can read AMOS and know of God's disgust with his people, But God will always consider Israel as his own! He will defend it...now that it has returned as a nation.
Israel WAS, IS, and will ALWAYS BE!!!!!
ISRAEL ...The Apple of God's Eye.....
lol...
Chosen to kill BJ?
BJ is history because he upset the wrong mafia.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169638 Mar 28, 2013
Hey Hugh the Buffalo,

Where are you?

Performing black magic on young boys so as to get them to shower with you?

I remember you inviting me some months ago to shower with you.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169639 Mar 28, 2013
Take your meds and get back to shoe-shining, wog. LOL.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#169640 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
INCORRECT.
The above names represent different beings.
This shows how little you know.

The Jews were/are forbidden to call their god by its proper name, hence they came out with words like Adonai (our lord), Hashem (the name) ect, with the only purpose to not pronunce the name YHVH.

The word Jehovah is used mainly by a famous Christian denomination; it's just a deformation of the word YHVH with the arguable addition of vowels, and the exchange of Y with J.

The name Allah comes from the words Al Ilah (the god). Thus the arabic word Ilah is the same as the northwest semitic word El. El and Ilah being the same words with a slighty difference were used to mean god or deity and at the same time they were the proper name of the most powerful diety.

Then came Muhammad that for his own reason decided that the Ilah (god) worshiped by arabs by millenia was the same god of the Jews.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169641 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, Alex! It is nice to see you again. Many things religionists (theologians) say one must stand back and say "whaaa??" Yes - to distort a phrase ("I AM"??) and then say that means what it does not, does not make much sense (to me). Jesus never said he was the "Great I AM."
Hello NQ!!
How are you? I almost missed this post.
Very good to see you back here as we need as many safety nets as possbile to save skptic/shamma and paul wv from their gymnastics!
I agree!!
Jesus NEVER said he was GOD.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web