Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253917 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169664 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think "going to father" means I am gonna die?
May be BJ was parabling along:"I sincerely hope that god will keep me in suspended animation until he chooses to send me back to salvage my fail mission"
boom..boom..
rabbee: everyone else being a failure at the time, does not mean They were the failure. everybody else's failure, only resulted in Adam, being returned as adam and his mate again. and it is still all your failures that cost them, GanEden as well.
uhuh

Spain

#169665 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Antichrist? here is Antichrist...
Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me"
ah so the wimp issued an ultimatum: either you are with me, or against me
Shamma wrote:
1 John 4 says, "Every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist"
either you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, or you are an Antichrist
muslims, jews, hindus, atheists... so many Antichrists
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#169666 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
Really glad to see you, NQ and thanks for your thoughts.

Jesus always kept God Almighty high above himself and considered himself one, who was sent by God.

He had never said, "I am God in flesh or God". The ignorant fools, who wanted to appease and please the Roman pagans, caved in to the liars, who promoted the absurd Trinity.

John 17:3 destroys the lie that Jesus was God.

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

He said himself acknowledging: "that they know you, the only true God".

In other words, it is not me.

I don't know how can the trinitarians accept that Jesus was God.

Salaams
BMZ
POLO

London, UK

#169667 Mar 28, 2013
First of all, it is important to note that “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible, you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”. Additionally, the word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of God.
To say that Muslims worship a different “God” because they say “Allah” is just as illogical as saying that French people worship another God because they use the word “Dieu”, that Spanish-speaking people worship a different God because they say “Dios” or that the Hebrews worshipped a different God because they sometimes call Him “Yahweh.” Certainly, reasoning like this is quite ridiculous! It should also be mentioned, that claiming that any one language uses the only the correct word for God is tantamount to denying the universality of God’s message to mankind, which was to all nations, tribes and people through various prophets who spoke different languages.
You think all normal people say God?
YOU THINK ALL CHRISTIAN SAY GOD?
How many of you think Christian Say God?
You know better bcoz the majority of Christian do not speak English and its for sure NO PROPHETS NEVER USE THAT WORD AND JESUS HIMSELF NEVER USED THAT WORD.
ITS AN ENGLISH WORD. THERE WAS NO ENGLISH LANGUAGE UNTIL THE NORMAN INVADED THE SAXON IN THE YEAR 1066 AD. A thousand years after the MESSIAH JESUS (PBUH). But the word Allah was Here because the word Allah is part of the Semitic Language.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169668 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the Hebrews borrowed their deity, El, from the older Baal-Molech cultures of the region.
El worship existed since the days of Ugarit or earlier (that was later taken up by Abraham) is a form of Baal-Molech (Moloch) worship based on violence, murder, war, bigotry and other negatives.
So, your god is El, who, like Allah, is an asura (adverse being).
LOL.
I am well aware of what you are saying.
That is why the God in the Bible makes sense to me.
The God in the Bible is the only God that makes any rational sense.
The Jews got them self mixed in with the demon gods and demon rituals.
The God of the Bible tries to set the Jews straight but the Jews them selves kept going back to their demon gods and rituals.
This link is a history of the Jews.
It has hours of study if you care to study all of it.
It goes back to the Hindu's and the Jews.
http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/jewish_sacrifi...
bmz

Singapore

#169669 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Explain your post.
Why did Jesus say: Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father:
Why was it important for Jesus to leave and ho to the Father?
The key in that verse is "I go away, and come again unto you"
What is Jesus saying in that verses?
You need to explain what you refute?
I want to borrow your style.

Shamma, you are ignorant. You are a fool. You cannot read and understand what you write yourself.

Explain why could you not understand NQ's easy-to-understand post?

NQ wrote this:

" Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."

Read this part from John 14:

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Jesus the Way to the Father

5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Jesus said, "You know the way to the place where I am going." Now watch and see what Thomas, your twin, said. Thomas said, " “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus was simply telling them that he was going to die. That was the only way to the Father.

And the fools could not understand anything. And note Jesus did not show and tell them any way.
bmz

Singapore

#169670 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is evident you are just as ignorant as Alex.
You make statements you cannot back up with rational reasoning.
Is Jesus the second person of the Holy Trinity?
If Not, explain who Jesus is?
You are as ignorant as Thomas.

Since the unholy Trinity does not exist, how can you give Jesus a 2nd place in that absurdity?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169671 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really glad to see you, NQ and thanks for your thoughts.
Jesus always kept God Almighty high above himself and considered himself one, who was sent by God.
He had never said, "I am God in flesh or God". The ignorant fools, who wanted to appease and please the Roman pagans, caved in to the liars, who promoted the absurd Trinity.
John 17:3 destroys the lie that Jesus was God.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
He said himself acknowledging: "that they know you, the only true God".
In other words, it is not me.
I don't know how can the trinitarians accept that Jesus was God.
Salaams
BMZ
Of course, trinitarians will say it is a mystery. Yet even when Jesus said he was one with the Father, that is not difficult for a person to understand, IF they have the right attitude. To say it means that he IS God is completely without understanding, in my opinion.:-) Peace to you as well, bmz. It is like a representative of an administration to say he IS the administration. Enough to have him removed...
bmz

Singapore

#169672 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Antichrist? here is Antichrist...
Matt 12:30 "He that is not with me is against me" I do not have to tell You that Jews are God's Chosen people.
You can read AMOS and know of God's disgust with his people, But God will always consider Israel as his own! He will defend it...now that it has returned as a nation.
Israel WAS, IS, and will ALWAYS BE!!!!!
ISRAEL ...The Apple of God's Eye.....
Here Jesus sounds like George Bush.

Matthew 12:30-32 is clearly a forgery and one can notice that it does not fit in. It is a post 450 AD forgery. The following is totally and hopelessly out of place.

30 “This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you’re not on my side, you’re the enemy; if you’re not helping, you’re making things worse.

31-32 “There’s nothing done or said that can’t be forgiven. But if you deliberately persist in your slanders against God’s Spirit, you are repudiating the very One who forgives. If you reject the Son of Man out of some misunderstanding, the Holy Spirit can forgive you, but when you reject the Holy Spirit, you’re sawing off the branch on which you’re sitting, severing by your own perversity all connection with the One who forgives."

bmz

Singapore

#169673 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said,“But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
Look at the question in verse 22.

And note that Jesus did not provide any answer at all. Verse 23 shows an off-topic answer.

So, we call them meaningless verses fitted in by scribes and editors.
bmz

Singapore

#169674 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, trinitarians will say it is a mystery. Yet even when Jesus said he was one with the Father, that is not difficult for a person to understand, IF they have the right attitude. To say it means that he IS God is completely without understanding, in my opinion.:-) Peace to you as well, bmz. It is like a representative of an administration to say he IS the administration. Enough to have him removed...
Indeed, NQ! Well said.

I have yet to see a cognizant trinitarian, who can explain the worst and the most ridiculous doctrine of trinitarian Christianity.

Salaams, NQ

Location hidden

#169675 Mar 28, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
ah so the wimp issued an ultimatum: either you are with me, or against me
<quoted text>
You state:
That is true.
Christianity is the only belief in God that makes any rational sense.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169676 Mar 28, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Google? LOL.
Go and check the libraries and book stores to find the rabid views as expressed in the writings of the satanic Zionists.
In other words you have nothing but cut and pastes from hate sites.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169677 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I've been away, just decided to check in and see how things are going.:-) No one's changed anyone's mind yet,:-)?
pathetic, isnt it?

Skeptic has risen now as SHAMMA

Location hidden

#169678 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma, you are ignorant. You are a fool. You cannot read and understand what you write yourself.
NQ wrote this:
" Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.
John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I."
14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
5 Thomas said to him,“Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
Jesus said, "You know the way to the place where I am going." Now watch and see what Thomas, your twin, said. Thomas said, " “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus was simply telling them that he was going to die. That was the only way to the Father.
And the fools could not understand anything. And note Jesus did not show and tell them any way.
You did not try to understand what I posted.
You are just a babbling idiot.

23 Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Jesus gave you the answer in verse 23. and you ignored his teaching.

Jesus revealed Himself to the word and they did not love him, for they did not accept his teaching.

Only those that accept Jesus teaching love Jesus.
And only those that accept Jesus as he reveals himself to us will inter in the Kingdom of God.

Those that don't accept Jesus will perish.

That is what Jesus is talking about.
It amounts to, if only one person accepts Jesus and the rest of the world rejects Jesus, all the rest of the world will perish.

Location hidden

#169679 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, NQ! Well said.
I have yet to see a cognizant trinitarian, who can explain the worst and the most ridiculous doctrine of trinitarian Christianity.
Salaams, NQ
It is sad to me that it is one of the most pervasive teachings of those who say they believe in Jesus re: the Bible. I have read some of the writings of the church "fathers," yet they went far beyond what the scriptures say about Jesus and who he is concerning God. Because never did Jesus intimate that he was God. In fact, everything he said alluded to the fact that he was NOT God, but was God's messenger. It is also a sad thing that scholars themselves at at variance, take that to mean disagreement, among themselves as to what the Greek really means. But there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is not God, never said he was God, and most particular, never spoke of a trinity within him.:-) Peace again.

One more thing regarding teachings of theologians and religionists: Here is what Jesus said, yet who would say they follow this (a rhetorical question):

Luke 6:46 - And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Again, sadness fills my mind and heart, because it is so obvious that many simply do not understand this statement at all.

May you have peace, bmz.

Location hidden

#169680 Mar 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
pathetic, isnt it?
Skeptic has risen now as SHAMMA
ROFL, it's really all pathetic in most cases. Again, the words of Handel's Messiah comes to mind -- Verily mankind walketh in a vain show.

Location hidden

#169681 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
NQ wrote this:
Be careful, bmz. You might teach him to become a Christian.:-)
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169683 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams Rabbeen Al Jihad...very well said!
Man represents imperfection.
Allah is perfect in every way.
Salaams
Salaamz A123WM. Thanks for your pious and humble support.Especially in recognizeing the frailty of men,who,so often complicate the simplist of issues with dogmatic rantings that usually end up in the farthest reaches of deep space.Usually the space between their ears!LOL! CheerZ
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169684 Mar 28, 2013
Good night.

(smiles)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web