Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256489 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169611 Mar 27, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
what the hell does it mean you clown?
before abraham was born, i am (a clown)?
Before I was born Abraham was (born)....makes a tiny bit more sense.
Any human being can make that claim....the atoms/subatomic particles that make us have been there before abraham was born as a human being.
Good evening, Alex! It is nice to see you again. Many things religionists (theologians) say one must stand back and say "whaaa??" Yes - to distort a phrase ("I AM"??) and then say that means what it does not, does not make much sense (to me). Jesus never said he was the "Great I AM."

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#169612 Mar 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, you still have some time before you burn in hell for all eternity.
Hello, Frijoles!:-) Who knows how much time?:-)

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169613 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God. Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.
John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
Explain your post.
Why did Jesus say: Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father:
Why was it important for Jesus to leave and ho to the Father?
The key in that verse is "I go away, and come again unto you"
What is Jesus saying in that verses?
You need to explain what you refute?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169614 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening, Alex! It is nice to see you again. Many things religionists (theologians) say one must stand back and say "whaaa??" Yes - to distort a phrase ("I AM"??) and then say that means what it does not, does not make much sense (to me). Jesus never said he was the "Great I AM."
It is evident you are just as ignorant as Alex.
You make statements you cannot back up with rational reasoning.
Is Jesus the second person of the Holy Trinity?
If Not, explain who Jesus is?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169615 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, Frijoles!:-) Who knows how much time?:-)
Joel probably knows

Hey there - long time no read!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169616 Mar 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Maybe we could take a day away from our current course of accentuating our differences, and try posting how we believe the same. The above is an example. Confession of sin. We don't have to talk about the difference in methodology. But it's nice to understand that confession of sin is important to all of us.
Chag sameach!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169617 Mar 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said He is God and the Jews wanted to stone Him for it; it is documented.
You are lying again.
READ the rest of the verses...
If BJ went around talking rubbish even the Hindus would have stoned him!
"before abraham was i am"!!!
If the Jews heard him say such rubbish about their Father Abraham they would kick BJ's ass.

Was it broken english or broken greek (greece for shamma!) or
was it a broken nose he was asking for!

If you pick your way through these verses written long after Jesus so they could promote BJ the clown as "god", you can still see how truth is being suppressed...
John 10:

31 Then the JEWS took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from from god; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself (like) god.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, YE ARE GODS?

After getting rid of "upper cases" it is quite obvious Jesus was suggesting he was a "son" of JEWS who were "godly men"

No big deal there.
End of...
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169618 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All the books of the New Testament were edited and forged during the period 325-561 AD.
Absurd and meaningless verses were added and such verses came from the early Church fathers, who wanted to show Jesus as God.
So true brother!
They further confused it with broken greek latin english and gibberish!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169619 Mar 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was trying to speak in broken Greek. lol!
LOL!!!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169620 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
Bow to Allah ....What a joke.... Where was Allah when Saddam Hussein Called on Him? Surely a King with a Royal Bloodline that goes all the way back to Nebucanezzar....would suely have Favor With His God.... So What Happened ? where was Allah? BOY, when they were Passing out Gods You Must have been Out taking a WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
Hello learned person...
Same "logic" can be used for the MESSIAH HITLER from Christian Germany who chased off money lenders with his "whip".
Where was his "god" when he was burning in the bunker?
Good mental health.
John

Australia

#169621 Mar 28, 2013
Hey muztards, why is every muztard country on earth a sickening hell hole???
Why does every species of cruelty and poverty and stupidity and tyranny flourish in the muztard countries???
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169622 Mar 28, 2013
John wrote:
Hey muztards, why is every muztard country on earth a sickening hell hole???
Why does every species of cruelty and poverty and stupidity and tyranny flourish in the muztard countries???
Salaamz & Salutationz Islamophobic muztard hater. Why does every pristine(crosstian) country deny the fact that they all have 3rd world Ghettos right in their back yards,yet for some unseen and inexplicable reason they must save all those in poverty and squaller where there is an abundance of natural resources in those foreign countries? LOL! Hippocrites! the Lot! LMAO! Cheerz
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#169623 Mar 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex your god Allah is not the God of the Bible.
Muslims have no connections to the God of the Bible.
Ishmael strayed from worshiping the God of Abraham and Moses.
In this article we would like to point out that the Holy Bible contradicts the Muslim assertion that the Ishmaelites were worshiping the true God Yahweh. We read in the 83rd chapter of the Psalms that the Ishmaelites did not worship Yahweh God:
"O God, do not keep silence; do not hold your peace or be still, O God! For behold, your enemies make an uproar; those WHO HATE YOU have raised their heads. They lay crafty plans against your people; they consult together against your treasured ones. They say,‘Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!’ For they conspire with one accord; AGAINST YOU they make a covenant - the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites, Gebal and Ammon and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; Asshur also has joined them; they are the strong arm of the children of Lot. Selah Do to them as you did to Midian, as to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon, who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground. Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb, all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna, who said,‘Let us take possession for ourselves of the pastures of God.’ O my God, make them like whirling dust, like chaff before the wind. As fire consumes the forest, as the flame sets the mountains ablaze, so may you pursue them with your tempest and terrify them with your hurricane! Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek your name, O LORD. Let them be put to shame and dismayed forever; let them perish in disgrace, that they may know that you alone, whose name is the LORD, are the Most High over all the earth. Psalm 83:1-18
The Psalm is part of collection of Psalms which are attributed to Asaph. Asaph lived about 1000 BC, and was a leader of David’s Levitical choirs, and had descendants from his line who continued as singers for many centuries. Some think that Psalm 83 was composed in 1040 BC., others at 800 BC., others claim it dates from 600 BC., and still others that date it from 400 BC.
The implication this Psalm has on the Muslim claims is quite devastating. According to this Psalm the Ishmaelites, at least from the period between 1000-400 BC., were part of the nations who hated both the true God and his covenant people. The Psalmist asks God to bring utter destruction upon these nations so that they may come to the realization that Yahweh alone is the Most High God over the earth. This means that if the Muslim claims regarding the Meccan Arabs being descendents of Ishmael are correct, then the Allah of pre-Islamic Mecca was a false god. He couldn’t have been the same God worshiped by Jews and Christians.
In fact, there is evidence which points to Baal being the high god worshiped by the Meccans!
Muslims are just big bullies that force their words as truth without the truth to back up their words.
You need to do some research Alex on your religion of Muhammad's religion.
Muslims are too lazy to research their religion.
Muhammad was not a prophet of the God of the Bible.
Salaamz Shamma & Pardon my intrusion but I believe you to be in error. Inspite of all your scriptural ranting and postuering.Inspite of all the nefarious and humorous activities of clueless humanbeings thru history. It is God who remains the same! you may refer to Him as Adonai,or ALLAH,or the Almighty,or Hashem,or Jehoveh,or any of the miriad of names He has been given by men that they may attempt to understand and describe what is beyond their finite understanding.LOL! Therefore your statement that ALLAH is not god,is somewhat shortsighted and incorrect. May you be Guided to more factual proofs concerning the realistic identity of The Divine And Most Eternal Creator. Cheerz
Carl Michael

Upminster, UK

#169624 Mar 28, 2013
Alex 123 WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello learned person...
Same "logic" can be used for the MESSIAH HITLER from Christian Germany who chased off money lenders with his "whip".
Good mental health.
Good mental health? Wogy, are you really saying good mental health? lol
Redneck Reb

United States

#169625 Mar 28, 2013
Bow to Allah ....What a joke.... Where was Allah when Saddam Hussein Called on Him? Surely a King with a Royal Bloodline that goes all the way back to Nebucanezzar....would suely have Favor With His God.... So What Happened ? where was Allah? BOY, when they were Passing out Gods You Must have been Out taking a WHIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!
For Some TRUE Perspective on Allah and Mohammad ....GO Now and Read
"THE SATANIC VERSES" -By Salmon Rushdie
The Book is Available on AMAZON.COM or EBAY

-He is very Knowledgeable on this Subject!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169627 Mar 28, 2013
Carl Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello wog!
You are back are you?
Scared little boy who ran off last time from a rugby encounter!
ARE YOU ASHAMED TO BE A WOG?
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169628 Mar 28, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
For Some TRUE Perspective on Allah and Mohammad ....GO Now and Read
"THE SATANIC VERSES" -By Salmon Rushdie
The Book is Available on AMAZON.COM or EBAY
-He is very Knowledgeable on this Subject!
Hello learned person...
Good mental health.
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169629 Mar 28, 2013
Carl Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...this wog is using an appropriate name!
Alex 123 WM

London, UK

#169630 Mar 28, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
<quoted text> Salaamz Shamma & Pardon my intrusion but I believe you to be in error. Inspite of all your scriptural ranting and postuering.Inspite of all the nefarious and humorous activities of clueless humanbeings thru history. It is God who remains the same! you may refer to Him as Adonai,or ALLAH,or the Almighty,or Hashem,or Jehoveh,or any of the miriad of names He has been given by men that they may attempt to understand and describe what is beyond their finite understanding.LOL! Therefore your statement that ALLAH is not god,is somewhat shortsighted and incorrect. May you be Guided to more factual proofs concerning the realistic identity of The Divine And Most Eternal Creator. Cheerz
Salaams Rabbeen Al Jihad...very well said!
Man represents imperfection.
Allah is perfect in every way.
Salaams
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169631 Mar 28, 2013
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>

Good evening, bmz! Just stopping by to say hi. Jesus never did say he was God.

Because he knew he was not God. He prayed TO God, not himself. He did not pray to himself in another form.

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
In other places, Jesus said:

1) "I and my father are one."

2) "Be ye as perfect as thy heavenly father."

3) "The kingdom of heaven is within you."

So?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fossilised tooth Feb 10 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb 8 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb 7 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan 25 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan 23 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec '16 Lucifer 9
More from around the web