Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169530 Mar 27, 2013
Asif Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is the only truest religion that can save mankind from hell.
Read the Quraan with an open mind and heart.
Accept Islam today.
God Bless you and the whole mankind
What makes islam the truest religion?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169531 Mar 27, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i know that you, are one of the bad guys pretending to be a good guy. and i am not interested, in your lust-hate codependent relationships. and you have already expressed, your undying hatred of G-D and HisSon. since neither G-D nor HisSon, acts and does the way you demand.
Well said, Rabbe

Shamma is very Lee Van Cleef.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169532 Mar 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The worship of the one and the only LORD Almighty God Allah. Jesus also testified to that.

Can Christianity claim the same? Obviously not!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169533 Mar 27, 2013
Asif Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept Islam today.
rabbee: well alleged as islam has already failed to save this world from the hell you are all in now. it is just another reason, why this whole world is getting hell now from G-D.

eeslam has failed to bring peace to themselves, more or less the whole world for more than 1400 years. i also reject, baal hamolech, so therefore i also reject eeslam.

why should i accept anything as true, from liars that don't even know how to spell and pronounce Adam, Chaooah, Eeshmael, Yeetzak, or Avraham? liars against G-D cannot bring, any peace to this world. they only are the cause, of getting more hell from G-D.
polo

London, UK

#169534 Mar 27, 2013
Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."
Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."
Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah and all submit to the religion of Allah alone."
This is from your holly book.
Want more quotes?
Your allah promise non-muslims to dwell in hell for eternity.
your prophit muhamid killed, raped and enslaved many people.
And you want me to believe your evil god and respect your bloody prophet?
Get real!!!
please tell us what the context of 9:5 why stop on verse 5 go on to verse 6 let us know what verse 6 says
polo

London, UK

#169535 Mar 27, 2013
One of these is the verse:“But when the forbidden months are past, then fight the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them and beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war). But if they repent and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for Allah is oft-forgiving, most merciful.”[Surah al-Tawbah: 5]

The people being referred to by this verse are the pagan Arabs who had been waging war against the Prophet (peace be upon him) and who had broken their covenant and treaties with him. This verse is not speaking about the other pagan Arabs who did not break their treaties and take up arms against the Muslims. It is also most definitely not speaking about the Jews or Christians, or, for that matter, the pagans who were living outside of Arabia.

If we look at the verses in Surah al-Tawbah immediately before and after the one under discussion, the context of the verse becomes clear.

A few verses before the one we are discussing, Allah says:“There is a declaration of immunity from Allah and His Messenger to those of the pagans with whom you have contracted mutual alliances. Go then, for four months, to and fro throughout the land. But know that you cannot frustrate Allah that Allah will cover with shame those who reject Him.”[Surah al-Tawbah: 1-2]

In these verses we see that the pagans were granted a four month amnesty with an indication that when the four months were over, fighting would resume. However, a following verse exempts some of them from the resumption of hostilities. It reads:“Except for those pagans with whom you have entered into a covenant and who then do not break their covenant at all nor aided anyone against you. So fulfill your engagements with them until the end of their term, for Allah loves the righteous.”[Surah al-Tawbah: 4]

So when Allah says:“But when the forbidden months are past, then fight the pagans wherever you find them, and seize them and beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)”, we must know that it is not general, since the verse above has qualified it to refer to the pagan Arabs who were actually at war with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and those who broke their covenants of peace.

This is further emphasized by a few verses later where Allah says:“Will you not fight people who broke their covenants and plotted to expel the Messenger and attacked you first?”[Surah al-Tawbah: 13]

Ibn al-Arabi, in his commentary on the Quran, writes:“It is clear from this that the meaning of this verse is to kill the pagans who are waging war against you.”[Ahkam al-Quran:(2/456)]

Allah also say right after the verse under discussion:“How can there be a covenant before Allah and His Messenger with the pagans except those with whom you have made a treaty near the Sacred Mosque? As long as they stand true to you, stand true to them, for Allah does love the righteous.”[Surah al-Tawbah: 7]

Another misunderstood text is the hadîth where the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:“I have been commanded to fight the people until they bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that I am Allah’s Messenger. If they do so, then there blood and their wealth are inviolable except in the dispensation of justice, and their affair is with Allah.”[Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslims]

There can be no qualms about this hadîth’s authenticity, since it is recorded in both Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. However, this hadîth is also not to be taken generally, out of context, and in complete disregard to all the other textual evidence.

The term “people” here is not referring to all humanity. Ibn Taymiyah says:“It refers to fighting those who are waging war, whom Allah has permitted us to fight. It does not refer to those who have a covenant with us with whom Allah commands us to fulfill our covenant.”[Majmu al-Fatawa (19/20)]
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169536 Mar 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: some of the only truest liars i know, are all religiously muslem, christian, jewish, buddists, agnostics, and atheists.

well so much for finding, a kazillion people who knows the truth. when i have not yet, even found one person here in TheTorah again yet.

when i really hate the thought, of telling G-D i was wrong. because i cannot even find, one human being here in TheTorah today. with just a bunch of talking critters, all following mr lizard lips not here in TheTorah advice and counsel again.

when just pretending to not be here, in TheTorah. does not really get anyone, out of being here in IT. but only serves to increase, the amount of hell we all get from G-D.

i mean with about, seven billion alleged as people in this world thrice again. what are the chances, i can't even find one true to G-D, here and now in TheTorah just again?

when we can't even get past, this story of ThePhysical Creation, G-D has already given between three to four million times. so it is obvious, G-D is not going to change this story to suit the worlds demands.
polo

London, UK

#169537 Mar 27, 2013
Cont.
Islam commands the Muslims to be just with people of other faiths, whether they be Jews, Christians, or pagans. Islam calls us to treat them kindly and try to win their hearts as long as they do not take up arms against us. Allah says:“Allah forbids you not with regard to those who neither fight against you for your faith nor drive you out of your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them, for Allah loves those who are just.”[Surah al-Mumtahanah: 9-10]

Allah commands Muslims to respect their non-Muslim parents and to accompany them in this world in a good manner.

The Quran commands us to argue with them in the best manner. Allah says:“Argue with the People of the Scripture in the best manner except those among them who act oppressively. Say: We believe in the revelation that has come down to us and in that which came down to you. Our God and your God is one, and it is to Him we submit ourselves as Muslims.”[Surah al-Ankabût: 46]

We are ordered to uphold our covenants with the non-Muslims and not betray them or transgress against them. The Prophet (peace be upon him) gave a stern warning to us against killing a non-Muslim with whom we are at peace. He said:“Whoever kills one with whom we have a covenant will not smell the scent of Paradise.”[Sahih Muslim]

The faith of a Muslim is not acceptable unless he believes in all of the Prophets who were sent before (peace be upon them all). Allah says:“O you who believe! Believe in Allah, His Messenger, the scripture that He revealed to His messenger and the scripture that he revealed before. Whoever disbelieves in Allah, His angels, His books, His Messengers, and the Last Day has gone far astray.”[Surah al-Nisa]

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169538 Mar 27, 2013
Asif Iqbal wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept Islam today.
Islam is the Anti-Christ.
Antichrist
The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist. Studying these verses, we learn that many antichrists (false teachers) will appear between the time of Christ's first and Second Coming, but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it. He will deny that Jesus is the Christ. He will deny both God the Father and God the Son. He will be a liar and a deceiver.
1 John 4:1-3 says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (NKJV)

By the end times, many will easily be deceived and embrace the antichrist because his spirit will
polo

London, UK

#169539 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well alleged as islam has already failed to save this world from the hell you are all in now. it is just another reason, why this whole world is getting hell now from G-D.
eeslam has failed to bring peace to themselves, more or less the whole world for more than 1400 years. i also reject, baal hamolech, so therefore i also reject eeslam.
why should i accept anything as true, from liars that don't even know how to spell and pronounce Adam, Chaooah, Eeshmael, Yeetzak, or Avraham? liars against G-D cannot bring, any peace to this world. they only are the cause, of getting more hell from G-D.
AND REMEMBER THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION TRUTH STANDS OUT CLEAR FROM ERROR.

O seeker of truth, if you really seek the truth put aside all preconceived notions, and open your heart….do not let others judge or make a decision for you.

And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge.(Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself.(In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. " (Quran17:36)

Pray to Allah,God,Dieu,Dios etc. by whatever name you know Him.
Pray to your Creator, the Creator of the universe and everything in-between with sincerity ask Him to guide you in your heart and in your mind to the religion of Truth and to make you pleased with it and you will find if you are sincere He will answer your Prayer and you will find the religion of truth enters your heart.

Location hidden

#169540 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i know that you, are one of the bad guys pretending to be a good guy. and i am not interested, in your lust-hate codependent relationships. and you have already expressed, your undying hatred of G-D and HisSon. since neither G-D nor HisSon, acts and does the way you demand.
You are the Anti-Christ rabbee.
Antichrist
The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7. The Apostle John was the only Bible writer to use the name antichrist. Studying these verses, we learn that many antichrists (false teachers) will appear between the time of Christ's first and Second Coming, but there will be one great antichrist who will rise to power during the end times, or "last hour," as 1 John phrases it. He will deny that Jesus is the Christ. He will deny both God the Father and God the Son. He will be a liar and a deceiver.
1 John 4:1-3 says, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (NKJV)

By the end times, many will easily be deceived and embrace the antichrist because his spirit will

Location hidden

#169541 Mar 27, 2013
polo wrote:
<quoted text>
AND REMEMBER THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION TRUTH STANDS OUT CLEAR FROM ERROR.
O seeker of truth, if you really seek the truth put aside all preconceived notions, and open your heart….do not let others judge or make a decision for you.
And do not follow (blindly) any information of which you have no (direct) knowledge.(Using your faculties of perception and conception, you must verify it for yourself.(In the Court of your Lord,) you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning. " (Quran17:36)
Pray to your Creator, the Creator of the universe and everything in-between with sincerity ask Him to guide you in your heart and in your mind to the religion of Truth and to make you pleased with it and you will find if you are sincere He will answer your Prayer and you will find the religion of truth enters your heart.
Alah is the Anti-Christ.
Muslims follow the Anti-Christ.
Antichrist

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169542 Mar 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Rabbe
Shamma is very Lee Van Cleef.
rabbee: well i am not sure, it is a good idea to insult the more honest Lee Van Cleef that way.

when being more honest, than shamma is not necessarily a real compliment either. nor is being honest, in another dishonest direction also.

i had no idea, how hard it would be. to find even one honest person, here in TheTorah again. more or less the kazillion i told G-D, i could find. so i guess that is why, G-D sent me on a fools errand, to try and find even one. to bring with me, to meet with THEM.

i got scared when i heard about, G-D coming to visit with me for the second time again. cause i had failed, to find even one true person to bring with me to visit with HIM. i was still a alone, without a true friend here in TheTorah from G-D again.
polo

London, UK

#169544 Mar 27, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam
Please tell me in your opinion has the religion you are following been able to do just that?
polo

London, UK

#169545 Mar 27, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Alah is the Anti-Christ.
Antichrist
First of all, it is important to note that “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible, you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”. Additionally, the word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of God.
To say that Muslims worship a different “God” because they say “Allah” is just as illogical as saying that French people worship another God because they use the word “Dieu”, that Spanish-speaking people worship a different God because they say “Dios” or that the Hebrews worshipped a different God because they sometimes call Him “Yahweh.” Certainly, reasoning like this is quite ridiculous! It should also be mentioned, that claiming that any one language uses the only the correct word for God is tantamount to denying the universality of God’s message to mankind, which was to all nations, tribes and people through various prophets who spoke different languages.
You think all normal people say God?
YOU THINK ALL CHRISTIAN SAY GOD?
How many of you think Christian Say God?
You know better bcoz the majority of Christian do not speak English and its for sure NO PROPHETS NEVER USE THAT WORD AND JESUS HIMSELF NEVER USED THAT WORD.
ITS AN ENGLISH WORD. THERE WAS NO ENGLISH LANGUAGE UNTIL THE NORMAN INVADED THE SAXON IN THE YEAR 1066 AD. A thousand years after the MESSIAH JESUS (PBUH). But the word Allah was Here because the word Allah is part of the Semitic Language.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169546 Mar 27, 2013
polo wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well so far, it is all your indirect knowledge vs my direct knowledge directly from G-D. besides G-D, there were lots of Angels and angels also there in attendance that day. so i have a lot more, than your mere conjecture that you are the truth.

and there is no such thing, as any religion true to G-D here on earth again today. even though the whole earth, has all been physically born again.

and when G-D, takes off for the day of rest. i shall be TheOne, answering all true prayers to G-D. which should be a pretty easy assignment, cause their have been no true prayers to G-D for a long long time now.

because all your untrue prayers, are all directed to the devils in prayer forwarding. aka the suicide, hot line against G-D. so go ahead and show me and G-D up in your rebellion, cause it's committing suicide here in TheTorah. and all your pestilence, plague, and famine, for your rebellion is just more suicide.
polo

London, UK

#169547 Mar 27, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Alah is the Anti-Christ.
Antichrist
"Let not your heart be troubled, you believe in god, believe also in me ... I go to prepare a place for you ... and I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter (Greek parakleetos), that he may abide with you for ever: even the spirit of truth." (John 14:1, 16, 17)Jesus says that the prophet who would come after him would be a true messenger commissioned by God who, like Jesus, would possess a heavenly Revelation from God, teaching, not words of his own composition, but whatever God gave him to speak:
"But when he, the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide U in all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear (from God) that shall he speak: N he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine and shall show unto you." (John 16:13, 14)
In the Gospel according to John 14:16, Jesus is quoted as saying,
“And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Comforter to be with you for ever.”(John 14:16)
1.“Another Comforter”: So many Comforter had come and another 1 was to come
2.“that he may abide with you forever”: as there was no need for another one 2 come after him, and he was the seal of all Prophets. The teaching will abide for ever, will remain intact. In fact the Holy Qur’an and all his teachings remain as they were 1426 years ago.
John 15:26-27 -
"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me And you also shall bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning."
In the words of the Master himself.
Therefore I say un2 you (Jews), The Kingdom of God shall be taken away from U (Jews), and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 21: 43
Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise frm the end of the earth ...(Isaiah 42:10).
A new song may be a reference to a new scripture in a language other that the language of the Israelite scriptures. This interpretation seems consistent with a more explicit mention of someone who will be speaking to people not in Hebrew or Aramaic but in Arabic. The praise of Gd and His messenger Muhammad (pbuh) is chanted five times daily from the minarets of millions of mosques all over the world. The other aspect of Prophet Jesus’ message was his invitation of people 2 follow his ‘way’, Prophets brought divine laws or confirmed those brought by previous prophets, and invited people to worship God by obeying the divinely revealed laws. They also practically demonstrated for their followers how 1 should live by the law. Consequently, they also invited those who believed in them to follow their way as the correct way 2 come close to God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169548 Mar 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The worship of the one and the only LORD Almighty God Allah. Jesus also testified to that.
Yes it can!!! You don't worship the one true Lord Almighty God, you worhsip allah; the alter ego of mohammad.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169549 Mar 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Lord Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the Great I Am. allah was a pagan moon god that mohammad named his alter ego.

Location hidden

#169550 Mar 27, 2013
polo wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it is important to note that “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible, you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”. Additionally, the word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of God.
To say that Muslims worship a different “God” because they say “Allah” is just as illogical as saying that French people worship another God because they use the word “Dieu”, that Spanish-speaking people worship a different God because they say “Dios” or that the Hebrews worshipped a different God because they sometimes call Him “Yahweh.” Certainly, reasoning like this is quite ridiculous! It should also be mentioned, that claiming that any one language uses the only the correct word for God is tantamount to denying the universality of God’s message to mankind, which was to all nations, tribes and people through various prophets who spoke different languages.
You think all normal people say God?
YOU THINK ALL CHRISTIAN SAY GOD?
How many of you think Christian Say God?
You know better bcoz the majority of Christian do not speak English and its for sure NO PROPHETS NEVER USE THAT WORD AND JESUS HIMSELF NEVER USED THAT WORD.
ITS AN ENGLISH WORD. THERE WAS NO ENGLISH LANGUAGE UNTIL THE NORMAN INVADED THE SAXON IN THE YEAR 1066 AD. A thousand years after the MESSIAH JESUS (PBUH). But the word Allah was Here because the word Allah is part of the Semitic Language.
The word Allah is the pagan Arab moon god called Allah.
Muhammad made that moon god the only god for Muslims to worship.

You need to research Muhammad's religion Muslim.
Muhammad worshiped jinn devils.
http://religionresearchinstitute.org/Mohammad...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web