Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255958 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#169271 Mar 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "He" Jesus...just Jesus..and "he"!!
Jesus is NOT G-d.
You try to sneak in your pagan mangod by calling him messiah!!
you are a bunch of liars.
The Holy Scriptures speak of Jesus theMessiah from Genesis through Revelation.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169272 Mar 24, 2013
Redneck Reb wrote:
You believe in God as a Burning Bush? But you cant believe God becoming Flesh?
The creator of the Universe cannot appear as a Man? Im Glad my God is not limited as Your God!
No, we do not believe that God appeared as a burning bush.

Also, we do not have Jesus on record for saying, "I was the burning bush and I spoke to Moses."

bmz

Location hidden

#169273 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Scriptures speak of Jesus theMessiah from Genesis through Revelation.
No!

There is no mention of a messiah in the Torah.

bmz

Location hidden

#169274 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews did not recognize the Messiah then and they don't recognize Him now: Jesus!
That is correct. They did not because he did not fulfill the requirements.

bmz

Location hidden

#169275 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The BV Mary was a descendent of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
No! Another piece of misinformation.

bmz

Location hidden

#169276 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Jesus is the Son of God.
That is a lie, Shamma.

bmz

Location hidden

#169277 Mar 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course St Peter and St Paul taught Jesus was our Lord and our God. It came to us through Sacred Tradition.
This so-called Sacred Tradition is just an opinion of ignorant and confused fools, who never sat in the company of Jesus or his disciples or their grandchildren.

It is not reliable and trustworthy at all. It is like the laughing gas.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#169278 Mar 24, 2013
Hey bmz, you can either follow Jesus the Son Of God or you can follow a mass murdering rapist, thief and paedophile.
Take you pick.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169279 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie, Shamma.
You can say its a lie. but the truth is Jesus is the Son of God.
Blessed be God
Blessed be His Holy Name Jesus.

"I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. I have come in my Father's name and you do not accept me, but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him."

—John 5:42-43

Muslims accept Muhammad as their God.

bmz

Location hidden

#169280 Mar 24, 2013
John wrote:
Hey bmz, you can either follow Jesus the Son Of God or you can follow a mass murdering rapist, thief and paedophile.
Take you pick.
Jesus, the Son of God? What kind of shit is that? Is that a Bull Shit or a Horse Shit?

Seems to me like a pile pf both!

Location hidden

#169281 Mar 24, 2013
Jesus last words to the Disciples:

39 days after his resurrection from the dead Jesus was taken up to heaven before the very eyes of his disciples. His last words to them were:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age."
—Matthew 28:18-20

Location hidden

#169282 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, the Son of God? What kind of shit is that? Is that a Bull Shit or a Horse Shit?
Seems to me like a pile pf both!
You cannot blot out the truth; Jesus is the Son of God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169283 Mar 24, 2013
Quran 51:56

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me."

COMMENTS:

Megalomaina personified. The inferior beings of the lower planes like El, YHVH, Baal, Molech, Allah and others want their respective followers to worship them failing which punishments follow in thiis world and in the afterlife. The followers of these petty beings are a deluded lot.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169284 Mar 24, 2013
VIOLENT WORDS OF ANOTHER INFERIOR BEING - JESUS:

1)“36…… and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

- Luke, 22/36

2) Christ also declared in the New Testament (Matthew, 10/34) that he has come not for peace but to wield a sword.

3) Jesus also says in another chapter of the New Testament (John, 15/6) that one who does not seek shelter in him, will be thrown like a withered branch of tree fit to be burnt in fire.

4) Christ categorically says in the New Testament (Mark, 16/16) that he who believes and is baptized, shall be saved, while he who does not believe (in Christ and Christianity) shall be damned.

5)“27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke, 19/27

And, ironically, Jesus is called the Prince of Peace. He was a fanatic and a man of violent and megalomanical tendencies. Shame.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169285 Mar 24, 2013
Moses, Jesus and Muhammad - deluded rascals.

Location hidden

#169286 Mar 24, 2013
"Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"
—John 8:46
Muslims are sometimes taught that all prophets of God were sinless. That again is a deviation from the facts. Only Jesus is called sinless or holy (Surat 19:19), while we read of the sins of Adam (Surat 7:22-23), Moses (28:15-16), Abraham (26:82), Jonah (37:141-144), David (38:24-25), and also of Muhammad (40:55, 47:19, 48:1-2).
For us to do the work of God includes believing in Jesus:
"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
—John 6:29
To reject Jesus is to reject God.
"He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
—Luke 10:16

Location hidden

#169287 Mar 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Moses, Jesus and Muhammad - deluded rascals.
The only rascal is Muhammad.

Location hidden

#169288 Mar 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
VIOLENT WORDS OF ANOTHER INFERIOR BEING - JESUS:
1)“36…… and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”
- Luke, 22/36
2) Christ also declared in the New Testament (Matthew, 10/34) that he has come not for peace but to wield a sword.
3) Jesus also says in another chapter of the New Testament (John, 15/6) that one who does not seek shelter in him, will be thrown like a withered branch of tree fit to be burnt in fire.
4) Christ categorically says in the New Testament (Mark, 16/16) that he who believes and is baptized, shall be saved, while he who does not believe (in Christ and Christianity) shall be damned.
5)“27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke, 19/27
And, ironically, Jesus is called the Prince of Peace. He was a fanatic and a man of violent and megalomanical tendencies. Shame.
1. It is a parable.
For no ware in Scripture does it say that the disciples used a sword to defend them self against an enemy.

Our Lord gave notice of a very great change of circumstances now approaching. The disciples must not expect that their friends would be kind to them as they had been. Therefore, he that has a purse, let him take it, for he may need it. They must now expect that their enemies would be more fierce than they had been, and they would need weapons. At the time the apostles understood Christ to mean real weapons, but he spake only of the weapons of the spiritual warfare. The sword of the Spirit is the sword with which the disciples of Christ must furnish themselves.

Luke 22:35 Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered.

2. A spiritual sword, the sword of truth.

3.Meaning if you do not cling to the truth I have given you, you will be weak like a whethered branch of tree fit to burnt in the fire.

4. For they reject God who sent Jesus.

5. Those that don't want Jesus to be King will be brought before Jesus at the last judgment and slain in front of Jesus and will be thrown in the the Fires of hell.

While we live God gives every one the opportunity to come to him by our own free will.

That is the justice of God.
No one is forced to come to God nor is anyone forced to reject God.

You make up your own choice.

You may think its unfair but:
The realization is we cannot escape that reality that confronts us in our life.

When God created us He created us with out sin and intended for us to live having a communion relationship with Him for ever.

But Satan and Adam and Eve screwed things up.

bmz

Location hidden

#169289 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot blot out the truth; Jesus is the Son of God.
That Jesus is the son of God, is really bull shit, Shamma.

Location hidden

#169290 Mar 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That Jesus is the son of God, is really bull shit, Shamma.
Allah being one cannot be every where at the same time.
Allah being one cannot hear or see all things.
Allah is limited in is powers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct '16 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct '16 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
More from around the web