Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#169123 Mar 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
well if you do not know, how that same old devil tricked you all and your grandmother the last two Torot times.
well then he has just, done it to you all again. but that's what you get, for not being here in The Living Torah, G-D is still giving again.
and you all and yo mama again, did not believe G-D. that mr lizard lips, really is that sneaky. so sneaky, you all don't even know he is actually here again in The Torah. got ya all wrong again, but he still gotcha all 100% wrong again.
What is the name of the God you worship rabbe?
Post the name of your God rabbee?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169124 Mar 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Disagree, I HATE all Christians.
Why?

Cleanliness begins at home. Right?

So, begin by hating your family and yourself before turning your hate-filled attention to others.

Your version of faith is a lot worse than what others like the Christians believe in.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#169125 Mar 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Allow me to correct your misspelling it should have been THINKER and not STinker.
The stinker is the stink.

Did you understand the simple logic in this statement, "thinker"?

(smiles)

Location hidden

#169126 Mar 23, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Worth a lot more than the bland, childish, borrowed and ridiculous teachings of that bastard, Jesus. Right?
Joe, you do not even know what Jesus and the Apostles taught.

A true Christian Joe is much more educated and knowledgeable in the arts of science, Academia, philosophy, Biology, Astronomy, and in the virtue of life.

It all begins from the teachings from within the Scriptures of the Gospels of Jesus Christ, and though out the writing of the Apostles.

Di you know what St.Peter taught?
No you don't know Joe.
St. Peter taught:

Self-control is achieved through the virtue of temperance. This is a very important virtue because it reflects the power of the Holy Spirit to control all our appetites, particularly chastity, which is a major challenge today. St. Peter wrote in his second letter:“For this very reason [Christians are ‘partakers of the divine nature.’] make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness [faithfulness], and steadfastness with goodliness [goodness], and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these things are yours and abound, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful (See: Jn 15:2) in knowledge [intimate union] of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these things is blind and shortsighted and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins [Baptism]. Therefore, brethren, be the more zealous to confirm your call and election [faithfulness], for if you do this you will never fall [because the grace of the Holy Spirit will protect you]; so there will be richly provided by you [by the Holy Spirit] an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”(2 Pet 1:5-11).
The person who lacks self-control is a slave to his unruly passions.

You are a slave Joe to your unruly passion of trying to put your self above men of virtue.

Jesus Christ was a man of virtue Joe.
Jesus had self control over every aspect of life and death, and time here on earth and the hereafter.

Your advice in your post Joe was not worth a penny compared to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Apostles.

Location hidden

#169127 Mar 23, 2013
Saudi Muslim converts to Christianity.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169128 Mar 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What is the name of the God you worship rabbe?
Post the name of your God rabbee?
rabbee? EloHeem aka: ElShaddae, YHVH, I-AM, I-Shall BE, THE G-D of all Totalities and Realms Physical and beyond, THE G-D of All That Is, my FATHER-AND-MOTHER In ONE, HOO VHEE, THE G-D of The-Story we are all here in again, THE Very Jealous G-D - to the third and fourth Torot, THE COMMANDER AND CHIEF - of Everything physical and beyond, THE GIVER of all pestilence - plague and famine to THEIR enemies, THE GIVER of all hells, heavens, Heavens, and HEAVEN. THE-ONES WHO is giving this whole world hell, for disbelief of being here in The Story again. THE G-D WHO Loves those that Love THEM, and hates those who hate THEM. THE Hater - of all lies.

Location hidden

#169129 Mar 23, 2013
Prostitution behind the veil

Location hidden

#169130 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee? EloHeem aka: ElShaddae, YHVH, I-AM, I-Shall BE, THE G-D of all Totalities and Realms Physical and beyond, THE G-D of All That Is, my FATHER-AND-MOTHER In ONE, HOO VHEE, THE G-D of The-Story we are all here in again, THE Very Jealous G-D - to the third and fourth Torot, THE COMMANDER AND CHIEF - of Everything physical and beyond, THE GIVER of all pestilence - plague and famine to THEIR enemies, THE GIVER of all hells, heavens, Heavens, and HEAVEN. THE-ONES WHO is giving this whole world hell, for disbelief of being here in The Story again. THE G-D WHO Loves those that Love THEM, and hates those who hate THEM. THE Hater - of all lies.
Then why are you still shackled in the grasp of Satan?
Why is your message a message of doom and gloom.
Why do you suppress the god news of Jesus Christ that sets a man free from the shackles of Satan?

Location hidden

#169131 Mar 23, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#169132 Mar 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Then why are you still shackled in the grasp of Satan?
Why is your message a message of doom and gloom.
Why do you suppress the god news of Jesus Christ that sets a man free from the shackles of Satan?
rabbee: well conjecture on your part, is not a fact on G-D'S part.

and the message is doom, because you all are. though i rather give a better message. you all made that, impossible to give. and you have no idea, to whom you are speaking, more or less who you are really talking about.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#169133 Mar 23, 2013
JOEL wrote:
DEAR SHAMMA,
Do you think BMZ (Singapore) is a crypto-Jew or a Zionist shill who's out here to stir up trouble among the Christians, Jews and Muslims?

How do you rate BMZ as a human being?
lol!

Has Shamma answered your questions?

Location hidden

#169134 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: well conjecture on your part, is not a fact on G-D'S part.
and the message is doom, because you all are. though i rather give a better message. you all made that, impossible to give. and you have no idea, to whom you are speaking, more or less who you are really talking about.
So you are the anti-Christ that has come to destroy Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#169135 Mar 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Has Shamma answered your questions?
You haven't answered this question yet.
The question is "What reason would God have to create the world and mankind"?

God does not need the world and mankind.
So why did God create the world and mankind?

You claim the Quran is Gods word, so the answer should be in the Quran.
Can from the Quran you answer that Question?
bmz

Location hidden

#169136 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't answered this question yet.
The question is "What reason would God have to create the world and mankind"?
God does not need the world and mankind.
So why did God create the world and mankind?
You claim the Quran is Gods word, so the answer should be in the Quran.
Can from the Quran you answer that Question?
I have already done that. Scroll back and find it. Your problem is that neither you answer any question nor do you read an answer.

I have already told you that the Bible has not answered that question, Qur'aan has.

According to Qur'aan, God created humans to worship God.

What does your Bible say on this question. Zilsch!
bmz

Location hidden

#169137 Mar 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>So you are the anti-Christ that has come to destroy Jesus Christ.
Rabbee is not anti-Christ.

It was the Father, who was the real Anti-Christ. Had him killed for no valid reason.

Location hidden

#169138 Mar 24, 2013

Location hidden

#169139 Mar 24, 2013
Obama's speech in Israel:

Location hidden

#169140 Mar 24, 2013
Clashes as Obama visits Israel:

Location hidden

#169141 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already done that. Scroll back and find it. Your problem is that neither you answer any question nor do you read an answer.
I have already told you that the Bible has not answered that question, Qur'aan has.
Why does God need worship?

Location hidden

#169142 Mar 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
For what purpose did God create the world?

In general, Scripture teaches us that God created the world and all that is in it for His own glory and because He desired to share His life with others.

The creation of all these things demonstrates His glory, His love, grace, mercy, wisdom, power, goodness, etc. Compare Psalm 19:1f; 8:1; 50:6; 89:5. Usually, people want to then know, why did God allow sin?

As a summary of some of the issues, the Bible teaches us God created both the angels and man with volition, or the freedom of choice. He created both as holy and without sin that they might not only serve Him as the Creator, but bring Him glory.

In particular, man, being created in God’s image (Gen. 1:26f), was created to have fellowship with God through the exercise of that image. Man was created to glorify God through the exercise of his personality—mind, heart, and will.

With his mind he was to know God, with his heart he was to love God, and with his will, in response to his understanding and love of God, he was to choose for God in obedience.

But God did not create robots. That would have brought very little glory to God. Because His creatures were not robots, there was the risk of a negative choice. But God, by His sovereign will, purpose, and foreknowledge, determined to allow this, indeed, He ordained it by His own eternal wisdom without Himself being the cause.

Many struggle with this, but in the process of all that has occurred, God’s glory is supremely revealed in all His Holy attributes—His holiness, righteousness, justice, mercy, grace, and love, veracity, truth, etc. God did not cause the creature to sin.

If the creature was to really have the freedom to know, love, and choose for God and respond in worship and obedience as a free and independent agent, he had to have true freedom of choice.

Thus, compare the temptation of Eve by the devil. He attacked her knowledge and understanding of God to get her to doubt God’s love, etc. The race fell because of Adam and Eve’s negative response to the grace of God.
But in the process, God’s character and glory is revealed in a more total or complete way.

So, through the cross, man’s sin, like diamonds reflecting the light against the backdrop of black velvet, reflects God’s love, mercy, grace, holiness and justice in infinite ways.

Finally, the Bible clearly shows us that God has perfectly provided for us so that we can be reconciled to Him, walk with Him and even overcome sin’s power through the finished work of Christ on the cross and the many blessing we have in Him.

In this regard, there are three aspects or phases to the salvation God offers us in Christ—the past—by faith in Christ, we are saved from the penalty of sin; the present—we are being delivered from the power of sin (if we will walk by faith and in fellowship in Him); and the future—saved once and for all from the presence of sin with the return of Christ.

So we can’t blame God. He has made more than sufficient provision for us and our sin problem even to the point of giving us His Son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 18 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov 5 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov 3 NOM s Waffle House 1
News Border walls are going up globally at a dizzyin... Oct 30 jarrfan 1
More from around the web