Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 243111 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168424 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Unless you are Skeptic.
But, like Skeptic, you're not intelligent or perceptive.

Both Skeptic and you are roughly on the same level of intelligence, culture, bias, upbringing and fanaticism.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168425 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Bias is inherent to all of life. Thats a red herring.
The question is street cred. You have none. You are a 20 or 30 something virgin. So your thoughts are merely academic and theoretical. Credibility diminished.
rabbee: biased with G-D, or biased with the devil. pick one one.

and remember that sitting on the fence, is still with the devil/s.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168426 Mar 19, 2013
Good night.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168427 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Satanic mangod worshipping liar and a deceiver.
You are clinging to books NEVER ever seen by that man Jesus.
You are claiming that a set of books written by all and sundry is from your "god"!!
Then you have the audacity to challenge the Quran with which the MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH IS MOST FAMILIAR!!
Now can you produce your "holy" books from 652AD that have been accepted and used by the majority of Christians today? LOL..
YOU CAN'T!
Give up perverted worship of naked Jewish men on phallic poles and start worshipping GOD.
When did I ever claim that THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, wrote the MOST HOLY QURAN?
THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today. I am sure he is familiar with it 100%.
Jesus PBUH, on the other hand will NOT recognise MOST of your NT!!
More to the point....
You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.
Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!
YOU WON'T!!!!!
Go for it deceiver!
mohammad never saw the koran you are using and you can't prove he would even recognize it as coming from his spirit.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168428 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
only if you repress it - as you obviously do
That is a truthful comment - not intended as a barb
As usual you have PERVERTED truth and called the barely recognizable truth.

I am straight. I am a PUSSYcat man.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168429 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE incapable. You exist here to preach.

I have noted your injection of the word PREACH and it shall be ignored. Reread the wisdom below.

What is the name of this thread? Is it related to RELIGION?

YOU started this round of exchanges with the introduction of the Passover video called "Who let the Jews out/Passover". Have you forgotten it so quickly sieve brain?

So why do you now talk CS i.e. I am "incapable of causal conversation regarding religion.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#168430 Mar 19, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
If the international readers are Muslims then they will deny any contradiction in Quran, but if they are not, then they will point out all the contradictions. Some of them:

HOW MANY ANGELS VISITED MARY ONE OR MORE? Quran 3:42 3:45 VS Quran 19:17

IS IBLIS AN ANGEL OR JINN (DEMON)?
Quran 7:11 Quran 18:50

HEAVENS OR EARTH? WHICH WAS CREATED FIRST?
Quran 2:29 (Earth first)

Quran 79:27-30 (Heaven first)

NOW THE SUPER CONTRADICTION (There is not first and then, they were joined together before they were split)

Quran 21:30 (no first no second)
The international readers will first look at the verses and their numbers and chapters.

They will see how the clueless ignorant fools, who come up with absurd conclusions, cherry pick
verses which form part of a particular section in the Surah and go to a far off Surah which has another message.

As an international reader, I would say, "Look at the fool how he compares!"

Compares 3:42-45 with 19:17 (16 chapters away) and does not know the subject discussed.

Compares 7:11 with 18:50 (11 chapters away) and does not know the subject discussed.

Compares 2:29 with 79:27-30 (77 chapters away), runs back to 21:30 and does not know the subject discussed.

I will do one for you now:

The international readers, who have read the entire translation of Qur'aan, will know that in Surah 3:42-45, the angels gave her the good news that she would have a son. There is no talk about Gabriel visiting her in the form of a man in 3:42-45.

In Surah 19, which is mostly about Maryam (Mary), the angel (Gabriel) comes as a man and tells her that she has been granted a son. Note that he did not come just to give the good news, he confirmed it.

Good night.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168432 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
gay lifestyle is normal. Please enter the 21th century
and I agree, abuse is abuse
Frijoles---gay lifestyle is normal. Please enter the 21th century

HughBe--- That explains why your rabbis are still sucking the cocKs of babies in the 21st century.

Was Aaron also a CocK sucker?

Do your rabbis suck other types of bleeding wounds?

If not, why not?

If not, is it because they ONLY love sucking DicKS?

Now chappy don't get emotional see the merits in my points.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168433 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote this Horse Shit? You or some other idiot?
If a sensible Christian reads the above bull shit, he/she will surely renounce Christianity
You don't no nothing about God in the Bible.
You act like its a shock to you to hear that the Jews understood what Jesus was saying to them.
Why did the Jews want to kill Jesus?
Because Jesus claimed He was God in the flesh, and they called it blasphemy, and wanted Jesus dead according to their laws.
And Jesus proved who He was by His resurrection, and His 40 day stay on earth after the Resurrection.

Location hidden

#168436 Mar 19, 2013
Mengal wrote:
WHO IS GOD (ALMIGHTY ALLAH)
Suppose one say this is a pen, while one who if reject the claim that is not pen. Than it is compulsory for that one who rejects the claim, should know the definition and meaning of the pen. Therefore, one has to accept or believe a God than that person should know the definition and meaning of God. Why I do not believe concept of God out of Islam, because of concept of God these people have is wrong.
Being Muslim it is my duty to give true and correct concept of God Almighty Allah. The best definition one can give of Allah (the Almighty God) it is mentioned in the Holy Quran Sura Ikhlas Ch: 112 which says
Allah is the absolute and eternal: He has no beginning, He has no end. He is the One who helps other people but does not require help, Allah the absolute and Eternal! He begets not nor is He begotten: He has not father and mother. He has got no children, no begotten children. And there is nothing unto him like in this world: There is nothing comparable to him in this world. Surah 112: The moment you can compare Allah any one, He is not Allah. If any one who claim to be God Almighty if he fits above definition we Muslim have got no objection to accept him as God Almighty.
Admittedly Jesus P.B.U.H was the mightiest messenger of Allah. He born miraculously and cured the lepers, blinds and did other miracles with permission of Allah. However Jesus too, does not fit in the above Quranic definition. Jesus was born with flesh and bones. He also required food to live like other human being, even otherwise he never unequivocally claim as God or ask his followers to worship him as a God. He never claims divinity, or any word trinity, existed in bible. Apostle Jesus P.B.U.H being mightiest messenger of Allah came only for Jews, and for that period as same is evident from bible. He had come for the last sheep of Israel.
But amazingly Christians from there own self raised him on a status of God Almighty, That is why Jesus P.B.U.H on his second coming to this world clearly would reject his those followers who worship him as God, According to Gospel in Second coming of Jesus his followers would gather and say to him O! Master, O! Master we did wonders and miracles to thy name but Jesus reject them saying, O! Man of in equity I do not know ye and identify ye go away and depart from me.
Mohammad was a liar, rapist, robber, and Murderer.
Muslims kill to protect the lies of Muhammad.

Location hidden

#168437 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
guessing game with innuendos!!
now you see it...now you don't...
he said it...he didn't!
That is you Alex, you do not understand Gods words in Gods Holy Bible.
You don;t inderstand the Bible at all.

Location hidden

#168438 Mar 19, 2013
Correction-understand.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168439 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammad was a liar, rapist, robber, and Murderer.
Muslims kill to protect the lies of Muhammad.
It is my understanding that some who call themselves "Christians" also rape, lie, murder and rob.

Having said this, those types of behaviour are condemned by the NT and the NT clearly teaches that they are NOT Christians and shall NOT make into life eternal.

Now there is another major religion whose leaders have for many many years condoned LYING, MURDER, RAPE and ROBBER providing these acts are done to the outside world but not to their own members.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168440 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to that sinful foreskin?
Alex, when last have your foreskin sinned.

Mine has NEVER sinned.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#168441 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The international readers will first look at the verses and their numbers and chapters.
They will see how the clueless ignorant fools, who come up with absurd conclusions, cherry pick
verses which form part of a particular section in the Surah and go to a far off Surah which has another message.
As an international reader, I would say, "Look at the fool how he compares!"
Compares 3:42-45 with 19:17 (16 chapters away) and does not know the subject discussed.
Compares 7:11 with 18:50 (11 chapters away) and does not know the subject discussed.
Compares 2:29 with 79:27-30 (77 chapters away), runs back to 21:30 and does not know the subject discussed.
I will do one for you now:
I gave the chapters and verses with their contents that you thought well to delete, so that anyone can read it and judge it. Your invented problems don't arise at all.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> The international readers, who have read the entire translation of Qur'aan, will know that in Surah 3:42-45, the angels gave her the good news that she would have a son. There is no talk about Gabriel visiting her in the form of a man in 3:42-45.
In Surah 19, which is mostly about Maryam (Mary), the angel (Gabriel) comes as a man and tells her that she has been granted a son. Note that he did not come just to give the good news, he confirmed it.
Good night.
In chapter 19th he came to confirm it? Have you ever read your holy book?

Let's look at the "confirmation" then at Quran 19:17-20 :

And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man.

She said, "Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you,[so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah ."

He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy."

She said, "How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste?"

It's clear by the verses there was no confirmation of any kind.

Your pathetic attempt to cover up the the contradictions are hilarious. Denying something doesn't make it true.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168442 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
mohammad never saw the koran you are using and you can't prove he would even recognize it as coming from his spirit.
Hello satanic mangod worshipper...You hide behind your NO EXISTENT "ghost" when challenged!!!

Unlike your naked pagan on a phallic pole...I believe that MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH is a man of GOD.
Every bit in the Quran today will be familiar to him

Now tell us, did Jesus the REAL Jewish man approve anything from your "holy" made up books??? NO is the answer!
You are clinging to books NEVER ever seen by that man Jesus.
You are claiming that a set of books written by all and sundry is from your "god"!!

Then you have the audacity to challenge the Quran with which the MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH IS FULLY FAMILIAR!!

Now can you produce your "holy" books from 652AD that have been accepted and used by the majority of Christians today? LOL..
YOU CAN'T!

Give up perverted worship of naked Jewish men on phallic poles and start worshipping GOD.

You LIED saying I believed that THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, wrote the MOST HOLY QURAN!! You LIED.

THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be FULLY accepted by THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today. I am sure he is familiar with it 100%.

Jesus PBUH, on the other hand will NOT recognise MOST of your NT!!
More to the point....

You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.

Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!
YOU WON'T!!!

You are a liar.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168443 Mar 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex, when last have your foreskin sinned.
Mine has NEVER sinned.
lol...
Good question HughBe.
I am following the man of God Jesus PBUH!
When one becomes a Muslim all the sins get forgiven and they are like a new born baby.
Using that logic, my foreskin is sin free!
Peace.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168444 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is you Alex, you do not understand Gods words in Gods Holy Bible.
I UNDERSTAND that you are UNABLE to produce anything solid from Jesus!!!

It is simple...and you will get $2M..If you please produce PROOF from Jesus making a DIRECT claim...

"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"

Thank you Skeptic.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168445 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That is you Alex, you do not understand Gods words in Gods Holy Bible.
Find me the holy bible!!
Which one is it?
Which version?
Go on tell me!!
I can then show you a version that differs!
There is nothing holy about a collection of books that are full of inconsistencies and translation errors plus many other types of errors.
you don't even have a copy of a copy of a copy of originals!

When did jesus use the word christianity!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168446 Mar 19, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the meaning of the word "stereotype" and its implications or do I have to educate you on the meaning of this simple term as well?
(smiles)
(frownsies)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Historic Graves Unearthed in St. Augustine, Flo... Jan 29 Respectdead 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jan 27 MUQ2 191
News Confederate flag's removal turns King Day into ... Jan 22 Sneaky Pete 4
News Expert weighs in on search for 12 Marines missi... Jan 17 Le Jimbo 1
News Singer Justin Bieber asked to leave Mexico's Tu... Jan 8 PLEASE 1
News Eve Was Created From Adam's Penis, Professor Cl... Jan '16 Chasm 1
News Kosovo hopes to join UNESCO; vows to protect Se... Dec '15 Srpski Radikali 21
More from around the web