Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255956 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168361 Mar 19, 2013
MUQ wrote:
It is interesting to watch our "Lay Preacher and Bible Thumper" Paul WV discussing with two "Old Fashioned" Jews Eric and Frijoles.
Let him use the "blind statements" which he makes with Muslims about Bible with these two gentlemen.
I doubt if he can stand more than four or five posts.!!
I doubt if any Christian worth his or her name can argue with any Knowledgeable Jews and "prove" to them that OT books portray Jesus as the Messiah.
Besides Christians, it is ONLY Quran which recognizes Jesus as Messiah.
No Jew, no Hindu, No Buddhist, No Sikh, no Jain , none of the followers of thousands of religions in the world, recognizes Jesus as a prophet or a Messiah, or that he was born without a human father, or that he will come back to earth.
It is only Muslims who accept and recognize these facts, but it is Muslims whom Christians take as their "worst enemies"!!
If you send it to Mr. Ripley the Believe it or not guy, even he will refuse to accept it. But it is fact!!
True.
Muslims have been a free resource to stand up for Jesus while getting "beaten" up by Christians who insult our prophet.
That's why we need to ditch BJ of NT.
Jesus pbuh of Quran is not exactly present in the NT as peddled today.
Islam and Muslims don't need BJ.
The Christians will be a tiny number if we walk away from our vote in favour of BJ.
Then the "Christians" will beg for approval.
The RCC is doing a good job dismantling Paul's christianity.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168362 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>That was point.
Same sex preference, male teenagers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...

Gay priests and homosexuality

According to the John-Jay-Report 80.9% of the alleged abuse victims in the United States were male.[63] This led to William Donohue of the Catholic League to opine: "I maintain it has been a homosexual crisis all along."[236]

This was described as “an unwarranted conclusion” to assert that the majority of priests who abused male victims are gay. Though “the majority of the abusive acts were homosexual in nature [...] participation in homosexual acts is not the same as sexual identity as a gay man.”

She further stated that "the idea of sexual identity [should] be separated from the problem of sexual abuse...[A]t this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now.”[170] Research on pedophilia in general shows a majority of abusers identify themselves as heterosexual.[237][238] The Causes and Context Study of the John Jay Institute found no statistical support for linking homosexual identity and sexual abuse of minors.[235]

Additionally The New York Times reported "the abuse decreased as more gay priests began serving the church."[239]

-----

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/18/new-c...

New Catholic Sex Abuse Findings: Gay Priests Are Not the Problem

BALTIMORE -- For much of the past decade it has been an article of faith for many, bolstered by the testimony of thousands of victims, that the Catholic priesthood is a haven for child molesters and that the Catholic bishops have been particularly guilty of covering up for those abusers.

But preliminary results from a sweeping study of sexual abuse in the priesthood show that the Catholic Church has been much like the rest of society in terms of the incidence of abuse and the response by its institutional leaders.

The data, which was presented to the U.S. hierarchy on the second day of their annual meeting here, also appears to contradict the widely held view that homosexuals in the priesthood were largely responsible for the abuse.

"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse," said Margaret Smith, a researcher from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, which is conducting an independent study of sexual abuse in the priesthood from 1950 up to 2002. "At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and an increased likelihood of sexual abuse."..........
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168363 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Injustice, like charity, starts at home.
Clean up your own backyard first.
FRijoles---Injustice, like charity, starts at home.

HughBe--- talking your usual CS, I see.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168364 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
"I and the father are at one" or this is more the case..
You know "I AM"
That I AM and my God(wrongly described as father) are one and same.
More to the point:
Please produce PROOF from Jesus making a DIRECT claim...
"I am Jesus. I am your God who came to earth in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross so that through belief in my unconditional/loving/willing sacrifice you can have eternal life. Worship me.(Bonus points: Worship and kiss the phallic cross and get your pope to kiss it and carry it with him)"
Shame on you Alex jerking off on this thread.
What you think people are morons like you.
You want to piss in your pants, you piss in your pants in the private of your home.
Grow up Alex.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#168365 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more alter boys than alter girls
I did not mean it's so because they are homosex
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168366 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
In other words, the disorder is not about being gay or straight, but being attracted to children.
Nevertheless being gay is a serious psychological and psychiatric disorder.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168367 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Take four evangelists with you and go through the purification rites, sacrifice a goat at the Vatican and after that, all of you sit down and count how many millions of Jews were killed by Christians over centuries and compare with the number of Christians killed by Muslims.
Can a single Christian be like his Christ? Answer: Definitely no!
They can't even invite Jesus to their homes for his own birthday meal on 25 December because Jesus won't be able to eat their turkey/bacon non kosher meal!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168368 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Give me your million dollars Alex.
Questions for the JW's:
1.What was it that Jesus had said or done that caused the Pharisees to say that He was claiming to be God in John 10:33?
2.What was it about what Jesus said in John 8:58 that caused the Pharisees to want to kill Him?
3.From the New World Translation perspective, what is it about saying, "I have been" (John 8:58) that would motivate the Jews to want to kill Jesus?
4.Do we see any prior account of anyone in the Bible being killed for claiming to pre-exist if Jesus was merely claiming pre-existence?
5.Could you please explain what it was the Pharisees misunderstood and what they were misunderstanding to cause them to say what they did about Jesus' claim?
6.If a JW cannot answer the questions above, then A.Doesn't that mean he doesn't understand the text since he cannot answer the question?
B.If he doesn't understand this text about Jesus, then how can he understand the rest of the Bible since the Bible is about Jesus (John 5:39) and this passage is about Jesus' own teaching?
Jesus claimed He was the Son of God and proved it.
guessing game with innuendos!!
now you see it...now you don't...
he said it...he didn't!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168369 Mar 19, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Just come back from the hospital where I was kept under observation for 24 hours by the doctors. The swelling is less. The force worked to quite an extent to reduce the pain yesterday...resting.
Did they say why the swelling appeared?
Take care.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168370 Mar 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are not valid and applicable questions.
All that was written four hundred years later. The Pharisees were not stupid like you Christians.
It is all made up stuff that you read, Shamma.
Our 2 million dollars are safe...and they will NEVER get Jesus pbuh to confirm such nonsense.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168371 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this one...as part of your multi...
You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.
Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!
Fair enough?
Go for it truth speaker!
PS:
---I know you get cheap thrills, without proof, about a 63 year old man being poisoned to death when average life expectancy was a maximum of 48years!
---At the same time I know you ignore the most humiliating death of a 33 year old man cut off from the prime of his life, beaten to a pulp, stripped naked, insulted, spat on, nailed to a pole and left to die according to your own “holy” books!!
No one claims the Holy Bible was written by one person. You claim your quran was written by mohammad but there is no proof of it. Prove the koran you now use is the same one dictated by mohammad.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168372 Mar 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a pity the Pope could not declare money laundering by Vati bank is a huge sin.
It is a sin, the Pope does not have to declare it, you can find it in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church. Oh, right, you can't understand the Holy Bible so you probably will not understand the Cathecism.

Location hidden

#168373 Mar 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless being gay is a serious psychological and psychiatric disorder.
only if you repress it - as you obviously do

That is a truthful comment - not intended as a barb
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168374 Mar 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The text proved that Jesus is the Son of God.
And that was it's purpose.
Capital "S" too?!
Dear skeptic...
God does NOT have a son.
God has countless creations that can all be seen as "son/daughters/toys! "

Location hidden

#168375 Mar 19, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not mean it's so because they are homosex
In any case, its an ugly subject for sure, and the only reason I went into it was Skeptics idiocy of linking one with another. And I see that Hughbe is quick to follow up on his heels.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168376 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
HUGHBE, in the past you have demonstrated you are incapable of causal conversation regarding religion. That is why I directed you to google.
If you are interested in my personal practice - then go google modern orthodox Judaism and conservative Judaism - I am somewhere in the middle in practice...
Frijoles---HUGHBE, in the past you have demonstrated you are incapable of causal conversation regarding religion.

HughBe--- What is the name of this thread? Is it related to RELIGION?

YOU started this round of exchanges with the introduction of the Passover video called "Who let the Jews out/Passover". Have you forgotten it so quickly sieve brain?

So why do you now talk CS i.e. I am "incapable of causal conversation regarding religion."

Later.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#168377 Mar 19, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No one claims the Holy Bible was written by one person. You claim your quran was written by mohammad but there is no proof of it. Prove the koran you now use is the same one dictated by mohammad.
Hello Satanic mangod worshipping liar and a deceiver.
Stop talking about circumcised men and start worshipping GOD.

When did I ever claim that THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, wrote the MOST HOLY QURAN?

THE MOST HOLY QURAN in its present form will be EXTREMELY familiar to THE MOST HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH, if he were to return to planet earth today.

Jesus PBUH, on the other hand will NOT recognise MOST of your NT!!

More to the point....

You said, the Quran in its present form has been around since 652AD (632AD when the holy prophet died + 20years of collation). This is being used by an OVERWHELMING majority of Muslims even today.

Now please produce a complete set of your Holy Bible that has been exactly the same since THAT date (652AD) and being used by a SIMPLE majority of Christians!!

YOU WON'T!!!!!
Go for it truth speaker!
uhuh

Spain

#168378 Mar 19, 2013
the Father (YHWH) has always been INVISIBLE

idolaters just couldn't have faith in the unseen; they need to have something they can see and touch

so now, Jesus is the VISIBLE image of YHWH
uhuh

Spain

#168379 Mar 19, 2013
"He has made Him to be sin for us" (2Cor 5:21), "in a sinful flesh" (Rom 8:3)

the Father created Jesus to be a sinful flesh..
tsk tsk

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168380 Mar 19, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abu...
Gay priests and homosexuality
According to the John-Jay-Report 80.9% of the alleged abuse victims in the United States were male.[63] This led to William Donohue of the Catholic League to opine: "I maintain it has been a homosexual crisis all along."[236]
This was described as “an unwarranted conclusion” to assert that the majority of priests who abused male victims are gay. Though “the majority of the abusive acts were homosexual in nature [...] participation in homosexual acts is not the same as sexual identity as a gay man.”
She further stated that "the idea of sexual identity [should] be separated from the problem of sexual abuse...[A]t this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now.”[170] Research on pedophilia in general shows a majority of abusers identify themselves as heterosexual.[237][238] The Causes and Context Study of the John Jay Institute found no statistical support for linking homosexual identity and sexual abuse of minors.[235]
Additionally The New York Times reported "the abuse decreased as more gay priests began serving the church."[239]
-----
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/18/new-c...
New Catholic Sex Abuse Findings: Gay Priests Are Not the Problem
BALTIMORE -- For much of the past decade it has been an article of faith for many, bolstered by the testimony of thousands of victims, that the Catholic priesthood is a haven for child molesters and that the Catholic bishops have been particularly guilty of covering up for those abusers.
But preliminary results from a sweeping study of sexual abuse in the priesthood show that the Catholic Church has been much like the rest of society in terms of the incidence of abuse and the response by its institutional leaders.
The data, which was presented to the U.S. hierarchy on the second day of their annual meeting here, also appears to contradict the widely held view that homosexuals in the priesthood were largely responsible for the abuse.
"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse," said Margaret Smith, a researcher from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, which is conducting an independent study of sexual abuse in the priesthood from 1950 up to 2002. "At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and an increased likelihood of sexual abuse."..........
You report is bogus.
Same sex whether its female or male and children is a homosexual trait.
Their minds are distorted.
They see no wrong in the wrong they do.
The parallel is hetero sex with out regard of responsibility
But there is a distinction, hetero sex is between a male and female.

Sexual abuse is sexual abuse, whether its same sex or irresponsible
hetero sex.

Where you are misguided is in portraying the gay life style as normal in comparing it with the irresponsible life style of hetero sexual sex.
Both life styles are irresponsible sex.

It foster sexual and emotional distress on the individuals causing health problem within both life styles..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Sat Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov 4 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct '16 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct '16 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
More from around the web