Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250701 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Eric

Chicago, IL

#168159 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- Since your focus was on Jews as is stated in point 1 explain your point 3 and in particular ISRAELITE. Where is your mention of JEWS which is your focus or what you are disputing?
From the fact that I deleted from your original quotation all sentences but the one with only the statement concerning the JEWS.

The fact that I corrected a passing mention is because one should correct when they make mistakes. This appears a foreign idea to you and Shamma.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168160 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Eric dear, they would NEVER be called JEWS before the law. The name Jews is a man given name which came hundreds of years after the law. I thought that this was common knowledge especially among those who profess to be Jews.
Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Contrary to your original statement, they were not called the JEWS before the law.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/judaism/T...

"Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?"
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168161 Mar 18, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not love. It is a stupid reasoning.
It would have been a great suffering and a great sacrifice, if Jesus your God had remained dead.
If you go and die for your friend, you are supposed to remain dead. if you come back again, your friend will think you were never dead and cooked up a story.
So, same goes for Jesus, your Father.
If your friend thinks you 'cooked up a story' then your friend does not know you very well and realy is not your friend.

The Prophets had to be fulfilled and Jesus did this by suffering, dying and rising again.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168162 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
From the fact that I deleted from your original quotation all sentences but the one with only the statement concerning the JEWS.
The fact that I corrected a passing mention is because one should correct when they make mistakes. This appears a foreign idea to you and Shamma.
Allow me to help you again.

1.Eric said---You reverted to the word "Jew" which was not the GIVEN name. Which was MY POINT from the beginning.

Hugh--- Let me explain your words. You are saying that JEWS is NOT the given name. So you are disputing JEWS.

2.Eric--- I actually did a search and the term Israelite is used. Not as frequently, but it is used

HughBe--- You are NOW saying that ISRAELITES is the word used and your expression suggests that you accept that you were WRONG.

You are effectively saying that they were called JEWS but the word used is ISRAELITES. These are the meanings of your words.

The meaning is supported by the fact that JEWS is being disputed and yet you made no mention of the word instead you seem to support my point.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168163 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Contrary to your original statement, they were not called the JEWS before the law.
"Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?"
Eric Eric, in all your getting get understanding. The sentence before that one explained my use of JEWS and it did this when I wrote JEWS/Israelites.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168164 Mar 18, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello clueless person..
WHEN did Jesus tell anybody that he was indeed "Emanuel"?
There are many Emanuels..immanuels and more today!!
Do you worship them too?
What is the female version of your "god"?
Emmannuelle?
CARRY ON LYING!!!,
http://www.imdb.co.uk/title/tt0077300/
Jesus, God, said He will not leave His children orphanes but will remain with them, God with us, Emanuel, always.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168165 Mar 18, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear deluded demented pagan mangod worshipper!
ONLY "free will" that BJ gave was to for Roman soldiers and some disgruntled Jews to "choose" when/where/how to beat the Cr&p out of him, nail him and leave him to "die".
GOD gives free CHOICE to creation.
The WILL ALWAYS rests with GOD.
GOD is NOT a circumcised man.
BJ has NO authority whatsoever to play "god".
Jesus PBUH NEVER tried to play God because he was a pious human being who submitted to the WILL of GOD.
Jesus is God and was in glory with the Father from before the world began. Before Abraham He was. St Thomas on seeing the rising Lord exclaimed: "My Lord and my God!!!"
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168166 Mar 18, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

The Prophets had to be fulfilled and Jesus did this by suffering, dying and rising again.
And what of the Prophets that said the Messiah would bring an end to war and sickness; and those that said that the Messiah would be the whole world to worship the monotheistic G-d of Abraham; etc.? Did they have to be fulfilled?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168167 Mar 18, 2013
Taken from Eric's post 168109

Eric in prior post---Actually they weren't. They were Hebrews at this time. Even though they were technically and more properly Israelites, I don't think the term was used.

In 168109 Eric said--I actually did a search and the term Israelite is used. Not as frequently, but it is used

HughBe--- I am once again saying that Eric is effectively saying that they were called JEWS but the word used is ISRAELITES
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168168 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric Eric, in all your getting get understanding. The sentence before that one explained my use of JEWS and it did this when I wrote JEWS/Israelites.
Hugh, you keep telling that to yourself. Eventually even you might believe it. The rest of us are content with the truth--which you can't handle. Along with Shamma.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168169 Mar 18, 2013
Post 168109 is the COMPLETE post so the context is clear.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168170 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---The fact that I corrected a passing mention is because one should correct when they make mistakes. This appears a foreign idea to you and Shamma.

Hugh--- I am waiting on your correction for the CS below. Don't be like others.

Eric---Second, they were not called JEWS/Israelites before the law

Hugh--- Utter RUBBISH and TOTALLY FALSE.

Proof ""And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the ISRAELITES dead" Exodus 9:7
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168171 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh, you keep telling that to yourself. Eventually even you might believe it. The rest of us are content with the truth--which you can't handle. Along with Shamma.
HughBe---Eric Eric, in all your getting get understanding. The sentence before that one explained my use of JEWS and it did this when I wrote JEWS/Israelites.

Eric---Hugh, you keep telling that to yourself. Eventually even you might believe it. The rest of us are content with the TRUTH--which you can't handle. Along with Shamma.

HughBe--- You have a TWISTED concept of TRUTH. The TRUTH of which I speak is below and the link supports it.

Do YOU understand that the people were called JEWS/Israelites?

Do you understand that they were Jews before the giving of the law?

Eric

Chicago, IL

#168172 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---The fact that I corrected a passing mention is because one should correct when they make mistakes. This appears a foreign idea to you and Shamma.
Hugh--- I am waiting on your correction for the CS below. Don't be like others.
Hugh, where in the quoted verse do you find the phrase "JEWS/Israelites". Or anything referring to Jews?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168173 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe---The sentence before that one explained my use of JEWS and it did this when I wrote JEWS/Israelites.

Eric---Hugh, you keep telling that to yourself. Eventually even you might believe it. The rest of us are content with the TRUTH--which you can't handle

HughBe---Eric dear, which sentence comes before the other one?

Help, is it the one with JEWS or the one with JEWS/Israelites? Note the order of the sentences are as they appear in the original post.

Eric

Chicago, IL

#168174 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

See, you said it again.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#168175 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And what of the Prophets that said the Messiah would bring an end to war and sickness; and those that said that the Messiah would be the whole world to worship the monotheistic G-d of Abraham; etc.? Did they have to be fulfilled?
Jesus the Messiah is not dead and is working on fulfilling these prophecies through His Mystical Body, the Catholic Church.

Catholic means universal, that is God established His Church for the whole world. The Catholic Church worships the one true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Eric

Chicago, IL

#168176 Mar 18, 2013
HughBe wrote:
No they were not. They were not called JEWS/Israelites. They were not Jews before the giving of the law.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168177 Mar 18, 2013
Eric ---Actually they weren't. They WERE HEBREWS at this time.

Eric --I actually did a search and the term ISRAELITE is used.

HughBe--- Clearly, Eric is effectively saying that they were called JEWS but the word he used is ISRAELITE.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#168178 Mar 18, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you said it again.
HughBe---The sentence before that one explained my use of JEWS and it did this when I wrote JEWS/Israelites.

Eric---Hugh, you keep telling that to yourself. Eventually even you might believe it. The rest of us are content with the TRUTH--which you can't handle

HughBe---Eric dear, which sentence comes before the other one?

Help, is it the one with JEWS or the one with JEWS/Israelites? Note the order of the sentences are as they appear in the original post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) Sun Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
Identity Through Architecture & Arts (ITAA) Mar '16 moabdallah 1
News The 'first four' and their fight from slavery t... Mar '16 White and Right 1
More from around the web