Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256264 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Buford Pusser

Hurricane, WV

#168011 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
My female servants rinse my arse after I defecate.
OK, you're JOEL PASTAKIA again, but I'm curious. Is it one or more female servants who rinse your "arse" after you defecate? I mean, at the same time. Also, is it just one female servant who washes your "almost supramentalized" pecker after you urinate, or is it like a tag team, where one female servant cleans your pecker and then "tags' another who then cleans your anal sphincter?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168012 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
Dont worry, someday they may let you out the special home and you will be able to do it yourself.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#168013 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron rabbe.
I exult God in the highest.
You are saying it wrong rabbe.
God said to be holy as I am holy.
so you are not so holy rabbee in saying things that are not so.
rabbee: and i keep telling you, that your witchraft only somewhat works. for those who do not believe, we are all here in TheTorah Happening. you can't decieve anyone with, witchraft or sorcery, who is here in TheTorah and knows it.

or that according to scripture, there is only one particular way i could be decieved. and i do not care, how effimate you try to be. you'll never, be her.

so quit opening yourself up, to the worship of halooseefer. that shall only make you worse, as a guy with girly qualities. you have no idea, of the furthering danger your putting yourself in.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#168014 Mar 17, 2013
What differentiates between the Lord God of Israel and Allah is the observance of the Sabbath. Muslims observe Friday, and Jews Saturday which is the seventh day. This honors the creator God, who created the universe in six days and rested on the seventh. We also don't know what Gods name is and we won't know until the Messiah (God) comes.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#168015 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"Greece is a language translated as Greek."
ellinika
How did the Greece get its name Greece?

Greeks (&#915;&#961;&#945 ;&#953;&#954;&#959 ;&#943;)

The modern English adaptation of Greek is derived from the Latin Graecus, which in turn originates from Greek &#915;&#961;&#945; &#953;&#954;&#972; &#962; (Graikos) the eponym of the &#915;&#961;&#945; &#953;&#954;&#959; &#943; (Graikoi), a Boeotian tribe that migrated to Italy in the 8th century BC, and it is by that name the Hellenes were known in the West. Homer, while reciting the Boeotian forces in the Iliad's Catalogue of Ships, provides the first known reference to a Boeotian city named Graea,[32] and Pausanias mentions that Graea was the name of the ancient city of Tanagra.[33] Cumae, a city lying to the west of Neapolis (now Naples) and south of Rome, was founded by Cymaeans and Chalkideans as well as Graeans who by coming into contact with Romans may very well be responsible for naming all Hellenic speaking tribes Graeci.

Aristotle, our oldest source mentioning the word, states that a natural cataclysm swept across central Epirus, a land where its inhabitants used to be called &#947;&#961;&#945; &#953;&#954;&#959; &#943; (Graecoi) and were later named Hellenes (&#904;&#955;&#955 ;&#951;&#957;&#949 ;&#962;).[34] In Hesiod, Graecus is a Deucalionid, and the word seems to be related with &#947;&#951;&#961; &#945;&#953;&#972; &#962; (geraius, anile), which was the title given to the priests of Dodona. They were also named &#931;&#949;&#955; &#955;&#959;&#943; (Selloi)-which shows the relation between the two basic names of the Greeks. The dominant theory on the colonization of Italy has it that part of the people living in Epirus crossed Dodona and migrated to Phthia, becoming infamous as Hellenes the tribe Achilles led to Troy. The remaining part merged with other tribes that arrived later, without losing its name. From there they traveled westwards to Italy, before the first wave of colonists in the 8th century BC arrived at Sicily and southern Italy.

As the Romans strove to dominate all spheres of public life-in their own right, the term 'Greek' took on a derogatory connotation. Horace used it admiringly, Graecia capta ferum victorem cepit et artes intulit agresti Latio (Greece, defeated, conquered its wild conqueror, and civilised the peasant Latins). But Virgil coined the expression, Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes (meaning "I fear the Greeks even when bearing gifts") which became known as 'beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Cicero delivered the coup de grace by coining the truly derogatory term, Graeculi,

Greece and the word Greek are synonym- meaning two words having the same meaning.

You cannot separate the word Greece from the word Greek without destroying the meaning of the word Greece.

And you cannot separate the word Greek from the word Greece with out destroying the meaning of the word Greek.

You keep showing Frijoles that you are illiterate.

Location hidden

#168016 Mar 17, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and i keep telling you, that your witchraft only somewhat works. for those who do not believe, we are all here in TheTorah Happening. you can't decieve anyone with, witchraft or sorcery, who is here in TheTorah and knows it.
or that according to scripture, there is only one particular way i could be decieved. and i do not care, how effimate you try to be. you'll never, be her.
so quit opening yourself up, to the worship of halooseefer. that shall only make you worse, as a guy with girly qualities. you have no idea, of the furthering danger your putting yourself in.
It is not witchcraft rabbee, its just that you are an idiot.
meaning you are unable to come the understanding of Gods words.

You keep introducing words into your post that do not relate to my wording in my post to you.

You come to a conclusion without understanding my post to you.

So you post with your emotions rather than with intelligence.
Eric

Bolingbrook, IL

#168017 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Greece and the word Greek are synonym- meaning two words having the same meaning.
You cannot separate the word Greece from the word Greek without destroying the meaning of the word Greece.
And you cannot separate the word Greek from the word Greece with out destroying the meaning of the word Greek.
You keep showing Frijoles that you are illiterate.
What of bunch of nonsense and BS. Nothing that you cut and paste above supports these statements. It's just another example of your inability to admit that you made a mistake. One of your severe character flaws, of which you have many.

Location hidden

#168018 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Still havent conquered that English thing yet, have you.
You poor soul.
You keep trying to express intelligence but you fail to do it.
moocaca

Saint Paul, MN

#168019 Mar 17, 2013
allah is a fake moon god... that is what the name means...

Location hidden

#168020 Mar 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What of bunch of nonsense and BS. Nothing that you cut and paste above supports these statements. It's just another example of your inability to admit that you made a mistake. One of your severe character flaws, of which you have many.
It is evident you cannot comprehend things you do not understand.

Greece and Greek are synonym.

Greece is derived from the word Greek.
There is no other meaning to describe the word Greece from the word Greek.

Greece is Greek, and Greek is Greece.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168021 Mar 17, 2013
JOEL PASTAKIA wrote:
Stop posting in my name, please.

I can barely walk. May have to visit a dictor.

Resting.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168022 Mar 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>

Does your quitting the integral yoga have anything to do with your Master letting you down, big time? Also, what joy is there for you in earning "big money" when you know that it's all an illusion?
More on this, later.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168023 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is not great.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168024 Mar 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

How did that happen? Put a lot of Burnol and let it heal. Take care.
Thank you.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168025 Mar 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Dont worry, someday they may let you out the special home and you will be able to do it yourself.
Papa, I'm in severe pain. A large part of the right foot has been burned. The scalded foot is hurting a lot and there's no one here to help me. The house helps will arrive any time now. I'll be visting the doc soon. Can't bear the discomfort. Bye.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168026 Mar 17, 2013
doctor not dictor.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#168027 Mar 17, 2013
Bye, everyone.
Eric

Bolingbrook, IL

#168028 Mar 17, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is evident you cannot comprehend things you do not understand.
Greece and Greek are synonym.
Greece is derived from the word Greek.
There is no other meaning to describe the word Greece from the word Greek.
Greece is Greek, and Greek is Greece.
Only in your warped mind set. Nothing you cut and pasted supports this statement. The fact that the two words are derived from the same root doesn't mean that they mean the same thing; i.e., that they are synonyms. One is the name of the country. One is the name of the cultural affects of that country; e.g., its LANGUAGE.

As I said, it's all a character flaw that is derived from your inability to admit your mistakes, including this instance and your misuse of CE to mean BC.

Location hidden

#168029 Mar 17, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your warped mind set. Nothing you cut and pasted supports this statement. The fact that the two words are derived from the same root doesn't mean that they mean the same thing; i.e., that they are synonyms. One is the name of the country. One is the name of the cultural affects of that country; e.g., its LANGUAGE.
As I said, it's all a character flaw that is derived from your inability to admit your mistakes, including this instance and your misuse of CE to mean BC.
What is the culture of Greece?
Answer-Its Greek.

The land of Greece is the land of the Greeks.
The land of the Greeks is the land of Greece.

In other Nations you are right, but you are wrong about Greece.

Sorry Eric, you need to make that distinction, and you have not done that.

Location hidden

#168030 Mar 17, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well exault yourself as g-d all you want. but i still ain't going to, worship you as a g-d. because it would really, piss-off TheG-D i do know.
so i am going to continue to say it all, in the same manner as G-D came and said it to me. i am going to do and say, as instructed by G-D. and that, is final.
you do not talk anything, like TheG-D i know. but you do talk a lot like, one of those three angels i have met. which gives me with suspicion, that your g-d is suspiciously one of those three angels. the one G-D hates, even more than hasatan. with a slight bi-polarism hint, toward hasatan.
I pity you rabbee, you are confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Jan 15 Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
More from around the web