Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,607

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#167034 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
FFS retard, Jesus lived in Nazareth right in the middle of the "Galilee of the Gentiles". What language do you think Jesus was using when he preached to the Greek speaking people of this region??? Hmmm???
Greek.
The "language" which jesus would speak to "common people" would be the one which "common people" of the Jewish people spoke and it would be Aramaic or Hebrew and never Greek. Greek might have been the language of Romans but Not Jews.

Eli, Eli.....and other bits and pieces scattered in Greek Gospels tell us what language Jesus spoke.

Trying to prove black is white and square is a circle, do you?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#167035 Mar 11, 2013
John wrote:
What new angle???

Christ lived in a Hellenized world.

This has been known for 2000 years.
The Jews of the time of Christ spoke Greek.

The gospels were written in Greek.
The words "Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" are the only time he is quoted as speaking anything other than Greek, and then it is translated into Greek.

Face it wog, your bullshit about Greek being "non scriptural" is a joke.
Ans.

Do not put your own ideas and your own words in the mouth of Jesus.

That Jews had started using Greek might be true, but it was only for their "elites" (as happens everywhere, where the ruled classes "copy" the language and culture of the ruling class).

Bulk of people, speak their own native language, this can be seen in any country where there are foreign people ruling over r native people.

If Jesus' mission was to Non Jews and Jews combined, he might have used Greek to address both groups.

Since his mission was "only to the Lost sheep of the house of Isreal" why would he preach in Greek to the common Jews?

It does not make any sense, does it?

And Eli, Eli….is not the "ONLY" time Jesus spoke in Aramaic, there are many such phrases which come out of lips of Jesus "naturally".

So your idea that Jesus spoke in Greek is totally your own and you should not involve Jesus into it.

However St. Paul the Self Claimed Super Apostle addressed mostly to Non Jews, so his writings were in Greek and not in Hebrew or Aramaic.

And since his faction grew faster, they wanted to have their scriptures in Greek and not Aramaic or Hebrew.

So they translated Aramaic or Hebrew Gospels into Greek, or wrote new Gospels in Greek, some world or sentences here and there show the "real language" which Jesus spoke.

But it would not make any sense to you, will it?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#167036 Mar 11, 2013
Paul wrote:
So what are you saying. Jesus did not hand out the bible but established the Catholic Church.

To argue based solely on bible verses is a flawed approach to understanding Jesus and His mission to reconcile man to God and to open the gates of heaven.
Ans.

Jesus did not establish any "catholic church"…. I am sure he never even heard the term "Catholic" as he did not hear the name Jesus, or Christ or even Peter!!

Jesus' mission was to reform the Jewish religion which had become too ritualistic and to emphasize moral element.

His mission was also to give a "final warning" to Jews as well as to "announce" the nearness of Kingdom of Heaven, which would be in the form of "another comforter" that would come into the world after jesus left.

This is a brief history of Jesus' mission, it was that "Super Self Made Apostle Paul who turned every thing upside down" and replaced Jesus' Gospel with his Own Gospel.

Eric

Addison, IL

#167037 Mar 11, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Every religion preaches that a messiah will arise at the end times to vanquish evil and establish world peace.
Who will prevail - the Jewish Messiah, Jesus in his second coming, Mehdi Imam of the Muslims, Kalki of the Hindus or the Maitreya of Buddhism?
Will they all come together or one after the other?
When will this event take place?
(smiles)
What makes you think these are different people?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167038 Mar 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't believe Jesus or Mehdi or anybody else will be coming.
Yes, neither the Jewish Messiah nor Jesus nor Mehdi, Kalki nor Maitreya will arise in the world since the terrestrial nature is evolutionary and as such it will take millions of years for a minimal degree of perfection to be achieved in the terrestrial nature that would also be reflected in the natures of living beings.

These scriptural messiahs and prophecies are myths and most have been written by people with vested interests.

However, the Illuminati types could fake the end times by triggering off world war 3 by playing off Israel against Iran (they control both sides to every staged conflict) and they could also engineer massive HAARP-induced natural calamities that would decimate billions of people in the world and then the survivors in desperation would look up to these Illuminati types for help and at this point in time they could fake the second coming of Jesus using advanced hologram tech or whatever to portray a shining human form in the sky surrounded by angels and then an announcement would be made that so and so, maybe a Rothschild, was the incarnate form of Jesus who everyone should bow before. All this is a distinct possibility and work is underway to achieve this end and the intermediate results have been very promising to this global cabal.

Well, whatever, best regards to you.
Eric

Addison, IL

#167039 Mar 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where I sad such words?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TT8JHO8GH...
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Te NT is the final word of God to man.
All prophecy from the OT and NT will be fulfilled.
Zechariah 14:5 is yet to be fulfilled.
As are the final prophecy of revelations have not yet been fulfilled.
There is no more written prophecy in the OT nor the NT.
*God has spoken His final words to man.*
The NT is Gods final instructions.
Muhammad was no prophet of God.
emphasis added
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167040 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

What makes you think these are different people?
You mean what makes me think these are different beings, right?

They're distinct from each other given the vast differences in their teachings and deeds.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167041 Mar 11, 2013
Going out. Bye, folks.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#167042 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The "language" which jesus would speak to "common people" would be the one which "common people" of the Jewish people spoke and it would be Aramaic or Hebrew and never Greek. Greek might have been the language of Romans but Not Jews.
Eli, Eli.....and other bits and pieces scattered in Greek Gospels tell us what language Jesus spoke.
Trying to prove black is white and square is a circle, do you?
You to bed MUQ.
That was already discussed on this forum and shown that Jesus spoke Greek to the Hellenist Jews, who's spoken language was Greek instead of Hebrew an Aramaic.

Eric

Addison, IL

#167043 Mar 11, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean what makes me think these are different beings, right?
They're distinct from each other given the vast differences in their teachings and deeds.
but they have come yet; they have yet to teach; they have yet to do anything

why couldn't G-d give the same message to different people? Noah and Gilgamesh? All major religions have a rule of reciprocity. etc.
Eric

Addison, IL

#167044 Mar 11, 2013
that's haven't come yet

Location hidden

#167045 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Jesus did not establish any "catholic church"…. I am sure he never even heard the term "Catholic" as he did not hear the name Jesus, or Christ or even Peter!!
Jesus' mission was to reform the Jewish religion which had become too ritualistic and to emphasize moral element.
His mission was also to give a "final warning" to Jews as well as to "announce" the nearness of Kingdom of Heaven, which would be in the form of "another comforter" that would come into the world after jesus left.
This is a brief history of Jesus' mission, it was that "Super Self Made Apostle Paul who turned every thing upside down" and replaced Jesus' Gospel with his Own Gospel.
Your post is wishful thinking MUQ.
Jesus brought in the New Covenant down to the Jews, and the Jews rejected it by having the Roman's kill Jesus on the cross.

Jesus didn't come as Warner for the coming of Muhammad.
Jesus came and gave Gods last instructions to man.
Either you believe in Jesus as Gods Son or you will die in your sins.
That is the final message from God to mankind.
Either you accept it or you don't.

You are alive MUQ, because God is giving every one a last chance to except Jesus as Gods Son before the last judgment.
When you die then it is too late, you die in your sins.

The last judgment link.
read it MUQ for you are not aware of the teachings of Gods words from Gods Holy Bible.
this link:
http://biblelight.net/judgment.htm

Location hidden

#167046 Mar 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/TT8JHO8GH...
<quoted text>
emphasis added
Eric, what is there not to understand that that pertains to the coming of God before He comes.
Jesus gave the Jews the last warning;
John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not ...
bible.cc/john/8-24.htm
For if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."" ... For this reason I told you that you'll die because of your sins.... as the Messiah, the Jews suffered temporal ruin; and had they but believed that Jesus was the ... and did remain, and were yet in their sins, even until death, when they died in them, and for them,...

There is nothing more said by God in the scripture to man till Jesus comes back.

There is no new Revelations from God.
The NT is it.

You need to think Eric with your brain instead of your emotions.
You have a choice to make and only you can make that choice that Jesus gave to the Jews in Scripture.

God is preparing for the return of Jesus.
God is gathering the Jews back to Israel as scripture says God would before the return of Jesus.

I know you don't like it, but there is to much scripture in the OT and NT to deny it is happening.

You need to think, rebuilding the temple for animal sacrifice is out of the question.

The atonement for sins was done thru Jesus on the cross, once and for all time.

God is not going to reset the clock back in time to animal sacrifice.
Your intelligence should tell you that.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#167047 Mar 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You to bed MUQ.
That was already discussed on this forum and shown that Jesus spoke Greek to the Hellenist Jews, who's spoken language was Greek instead of Hebrew an Aramaic.
Now do not come forward and "claim" that as God Jesus knew every language of the world.

He could talk to Romans in Greek.

To common Jews in Aramaic.

To Serious Jews in Hebrew.

To Arabs in Arabic

To Hindus in Sanskrit.

To Chinese in Cantonize

Or he might be speaking in Gibberish and every one would understand in their own tongue (as happened during the feast of Pentecost)

You people have a very fertile mind. You can claim and prove any thing!!

When you can "convince" billions of Christians that Jesus appointed St. Paul as his apostle, any thing else is minor!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#167048 Mar 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is wishful thinking MUQ.
Jesus brought in the New Covenant down to the Jews, and the Jews rejected it by having the Roman's kill Jesus on the cross.
Jesus didn't come as Warner for the coming of Muhammad.
Jesus came and gave Gods last instructions to man.
Either you believe in Jesus as Gods Son or you will die in your sins.
That is the final message from God to mankind.
Either you accept it or you don't.
You are alive MUQ, because God is giving every one a last chance to except Jesus as Gods Son before the last judgment.
When you die then it is too late, you die in your sins.
The last judgment link.
read it MUQ for you are not aware of the teachings of Gods words from Gods Holy Bible.
this link:
http://biblelight.net/judgment.htm
Last I heard was Jesus saying "There are many things which I have to say, but you cannot bear them now, however when the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth shall come, he will guide you into all the truth...."

Does not look like some one delivering "Final message" to the world.

More like "I have to leave my job unfinished, wait for some one who will come after me" sort of parting worlds.

And "Eli, Eli Lama Sabaqtani" also looks like in the same category.

But you people have a very fertile mind. You can make any claim and make people believe in it.

When you can convince Billions of Christian, that it was Jesus who appointed St. Paul as his Apostle, there is nothing which is impossible for you!!
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#167049 Mar 12, 2013
who="SANTA-BANTA"] <quoted text>
Ever heard of Jyoti Basu,Former chief minister of West Bengal? He was a Marxist, an avowed atheist. Through out his life he spent more than half of his earnings for poor and needy. Not only that he donated his body to a medical college, that medical students can use it in their studies. I know many atheists personally who are very generous and compassionate and many religious people Hindus, Muslims and Christians who are real misers and self centered. So don't generalize.

[Mengal,

Beautiful SANTA_BANTA,

Who remembers the names of those who feel humanity and serve humanity, definitely SANTA_BANTA,
would a heart who feel the sorrows of others,

Dear you have raised a basic question which usually perplex the honest and loving man,

However it has many answers which a muslim know after reading Quran, kindly try to understand it through the teachings of Islam.-

-According to Quran there would be many persons who claim on the day of judgement that they did good works for humanity, But same would not be accepted,

Because
1-The authority to whom this kind of works having reward He does not accept the same ,as you have rejected Him, As such your these good deeds also would be rejected,

2-This person also do good deeds Not for creator but only for those people, either they say him good person or for any other benefit of his own, at least that people say him good person, so people in return praise him like you and me as such he got his reward in this world so he having no share on the next life,

3-Quran says that on the day of judgment creator only accepts the work of that one who did it only to please the creator, As such one who helps a needy person only with the object that creator has said to him help his fellow man, so this work has value.

4-Quran says that one should first must have faith or obey the creator than in obedience do good deeds.

Let we argue the same from an other angel for Example
Any master Directs his pupil he whoever inters in this class room from the front door he only be permitted to stay in class room but any one who inter in the class room from the behind door he would be not allowed to stay in class room, So Zaid despite of direction inters in class room the door exists behind of the class room, And he insists that as he interred in the room like other students who interred from the front door, than whether this students effort for entry in class room would be accepted, Definitely not, As he disobeyed the master.

5- Now come to Quran,

Quran says that Allah has bestowed from his own mercy one part to the all his creatures and kept 99/ of mercy with him that is why you see the horse(mare) who slowly bring low his leg that her now born kid may not harm.

So if you see Jyoti Basu doing good deeds it is not of his own faculty but it is bestowed mercy to him from creator. Otherwise he definitely would not give his money without any profit , And spent of his money not saving any thing for his children. He only can do who be an stupid or that who given this Quality by Creator so he becomes so emotional that cannot control upon himself and do good deeds, So for this person has no reward as he not spent his wealth in obedience of Lord Creator but He spoil the same.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167051 Mar 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do NOT confuse your confounded self any more. I am going to ask you to do something NEW i.e. THINK.
Do you understand what is meant by the STATES of the US?
What is the population of the smallest US STATE?
Wyoming is the smallest State with a population of 532668 persons. California the largest has 36,756, 666 persons.
I put it to you that ONLY a JACKASS would randomly speak to ONE or two persons in either California or Wyoming and use the views of that person to speak on behalf of almost 37 MILLION in the case of California.
To take 104 persons which is more than the 60 that your man said was good enough and to use the views of so few to speak for the millions in the whole of the US is DEMONIC or PURE EVIL.
http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/...
But that was not the sampling strategy they employed. What you are describing is called "systematic sampling".

What they conventionally do in surveying of that type is "stratified clustered sampling". Hence all my exciting posts.

Anyway, moving on. I have posted enough on this topic. Obviously you choose to be a fool.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#167052 Mar 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You to bed MUQ.
Funny you should say that, because after all those posts, NOT ONE demonstrated citing actually physical EVIDENCE that this was the case.

If you have EVIDENCE, not hypothetical possibility, feel free to post it.

Even your scholar (van Horst??) didnt cite physical evidence.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#167053 Mar 12, 2013
Santa Banta - the demented sardarji.

(smiles)
John

Brisbane, Australia

#167054 Mar 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that, because after all those posts, NOT ONE demonstrated citing actually physical EVIDENCE that this was the case.
If you have EVIDENCE, not hypothetical possibility, feel free to post it.
Even your scholar (van Horst??) didnt cite physical evidence.
"no less than 1,600 Jewish epitaphs -- funerary inscriptions -- are extant from ancient Palestine dating from 300 B.C. to 500 A.D"
1,600 Jewish epitaphs aren't enough "physical EVIDENCE" for you???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web