Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
156,421 - 156,440 of 200,126 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166576
Mar 9, 2013
 
The realms, laws and phenomena based on the higher causation stand high above G-d, God, prophet, scripture and rituals.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166577
Mar 9, 2013
 
The most unitelligent posters - BMZ (Singapore), MUQ, Alex, Paul and Shamma.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166578
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

The most UNINTELLIGENT posters - BMZ (Singapore), MUQ, Alex, Paul and Shamma.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166579
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

JOEL wrote:
The teachings of Jesus were in Aramaic not Greek.
Thanks a million
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166580
Mar 9, 2013
 
The most fanatical posters - Shamma, MUQ and Paul.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166581
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a jinn MUQ?
jinns are ignorant of truth.
And you show you are ignorant MUQ.
By posting the fraudulently copy of Barnabas
[Arabic jinn, demonic, demon, from jinn, demons, from janna, to cover, conceal; see gnn in Semitic roots.]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
jinni, jinnee, djinni, djinny [d&#658;&#618;&#71 2;ni&#720; &#712;d&#658;&#618 ;n&#618;]
n pl jinn, djinn [d&#658;&#618;n]
(Non-Christian Religions / Islam) a being or spirit in Muslim belief who could assume human or animal form and influence man by supernatural powers
[from Arabic]
You can pin any label on any one, you are masters of that, but to carry out logical discussion with any one is beyond your capabilities.

I pinpointed the source of your problem, work on it and you will reach the truth.

One drop of acid dropped in one hundred thousands of pure milk would spoil the whole milk.

That is what one false hypothesis does to your entire religion. Remove Paul and you might still find the truth!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166582
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-69

Chapter 148 Who is a real Pharisee ?

'Tell me now: the Pharisees of today, are they [really] Pharisees? are they servants of God? Surely not! Yes, and I say to you truly, that there is nothing worse here upon earth than [when] a man covers himself with [the] profession and garb of religion [in order] to cover his wickedness. I will tell you one single example of the Pharisees of old time, in order that you may know the present ones. After the departure of Elijah, because of the great persecution by idolaters, that holy congregation of Pharisees was dispersed. For in that same time of Elijah more than ten thousand prophets who were true Pharisees were slain in one year.

Two Pharisees went into the mountains to dwell there, and one [of them] abode fifteen years knowing nothing of his neighbour, although they were but one hour's journey apart. See then if they were inquisitive! It came to pass that there arose a drought on those mountains, and so both set themselves to search for water, and so they found each other. The more aged [one] said - for it was their custom that the eldest should speak before every other, and they held it a great sin for a young man to speak before an old one - the elder, therefore, said:'Where do you dwell, brother?' He answered, pointing out the dwelling with his finger:'I dwell here'(for they were near to the dwelling of the younger.)

The elder said:'How long [have] you dwelt here, brother?' The younger answered:'Fifteen years.' The elder said:'Perhaps you came [here] when Ahab slew the servants of God?''Even so,' replied the younger. The elder said:'O brother, do you know who is now king of Israel?' The younger answered:'It is God that is King of Israel, for the idolaters are not kings but persecutors of Israel.''It is true,' said the elder, "but I meant to say, who is it that now persecutes Israel?'

The younger answered:'The sins of Israel persecute Israel, because, if they had not sinned,[God] would not have raised the idolatrous princes up against Israel.' Then the elder said:'Who is that infidel prince whom God has sent for the chastisement of Israel?' The younger answered:'How should I know, seeing [that for] these fifteen years I have not seen any man except you, and I do not know how to read so no letters are sent to me?' The elder said:'[But] how new are your sheepskins! Who has given them to you, if you have not seen any man?'

(Abridged)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166583
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews havent neutralized Christianity - rather Christianity has neutralized itself by being irrelevant to the problems of the modern world.
Judaism, on the other hand, has always embraced intellectual inquiry and debate, so modernism has never been a real threat to the practice of the religion.
Do not teach me the history....for many centuries , no Jew could speak his mind in Europe...

Now no Christian priest can engage any Jews in any debate for even five minutes.

All they are doing these days is to apologize for their past misdeeds....one after the other and it never seems to end.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166585
Mar 9, 2013
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Thanks a million.
How unintelligent on your part to seek support in numbers.

Whether one person or ten million people say or believe in a certain thing is irrelevant.

What matters is the verfiable fact.

A fact is not partisan but stands upright on its own foundation.

Did you get it? Ok, then.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166586
Mar 9, 2013
 
I have to go out. Bye.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166587
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pin any label on any one, you are masters of that, but to carry out logical discussion with any one is beyond your capabilities.
I pinpointed the source of your problem, work on it and you will reach the truth.
One drop of acid dropped in one hundred thousands of pure milk would spoil the whole milk.
That is what one false hypothesis does to your entire religion. Remove Paul and you might still find the truth!!
You are ignorant of what the Quran says about the Holy Bible of God.
The Quran confirms its trust worthlessness.

What are the Jewish and Christian Scriptures?

From the time of Jesus, the Jews and Christians have always shared the same holy book. In Judaism it is called the Tonach or Hebrew Bible, and in Christianity, the Old Testament. In this book are the Torah, the Prophets, and the Psalms. These are the scriptures of the Jewish Prophets before Jesus. Christians have always honoured and read this scripture that first came to the Jews. This scripture is the first section of the Christian Bible.

There is another book of scripture about which many Jews and Christians do not agree. This book too has been given various names in different cultures. It has been called The Gospel or the New Testament or the New Covenant. Christians accept the Gospel as scripture. This book is the second section of the Bible.

Thus all the scriptures of the Jews and Christians are found in the Bible. There exists today ancient Bibles from the time of Muhammad and hundreds of years before his time. Scholars use these ancient scriptures to show that modern Bibles are genuine.

Some people claim that when the Qur'an refers to the Torah or the Gospel that it is not referring to the books Jews and Christians have today. However the Qur'an does not claim this. When the Qur'an speaks of the Torah and the Gospel it is referring to the books which the Jews and Christians possessed at the time of Muhammad.

Those who follow the Messenger (Mohammed), the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them (7:157 MP).

And when there cometh unto them (Jews) a Scripture (the Qur'an) from Allah, confirming that in their possession (2:89 MP).

Muhammad lived during the 6th/7th century A.D. We have Bibles from before, during and after this time. This archaeological evidence allows us to be sure that the Torah and Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an are the same books that are found in the Bible today.

This fact is also confirmed by Ibn Ishaq who wrote the earliest biography (Sirat) of Muhammad. He clearly indentifies the Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an as what Christians call the New Testament.

Among the things which have reached me about what Jesus the Son of Mary stated in the Gospel which he received from God for the followers of the Gospel, in applying a term to describe the apostle of God, is the following. It is extracted from what John the Apostle set down for them when he wrote the Gospel for them from the Testament of Jesus Son of Mary (Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", translated as "The Life of Muhammad", by A. Guillaume, Karachi: Oxford, 1998, pp. 103-104, bold added.)

Here we see Ibn Ishaq refer to the Apostle John and the Gospel that he wrote. This is simply what Christians call the Gospel according to John and it is part of the New Testment.

So there is no corruption of the Holy Bible.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166588
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How unintelligent on your part to seek support in numbers.
Whether one person or ten million people say or believe in a certain thing is irrelevant.
What matters is the verfiable fact.
A fact is not partisan but stands upright on its own foundation.
Did you get it? Ok, then.
Fool, I did not seek any support from an unintelligent and crude poster like you. I just appreciated your once in a blue moon good post.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166589
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Shamma wrote:
There is another book of scripture about which many Jews and Christians do not agree. This book too has been given various names in different cultures. It has been called The Gospel or the New Testament or the New Covenant. Christians accept the Gospel as scripture. This book is the second section of the Bible.
Carry on lying, Doc!

And the Jews DO NOT agree with any Christian book.

Please note that they do not even read and recite Christians' Old Testament, which is a forged copy of their Scripture.

Qur'aan does not mention the words Bible, Gospel and the New Testament.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166590
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Shamma wrote:
Muhammad lived during the 6th/7th century A.D. We have Bibles from before, during and after this time. This archaeological evidence allows us to be sure that the Torah and Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an are the same books that are found in the Bible today.

This fact is also confirmed by Ibn Ishaq who wrote the earliest biography (Sirat) of Muhammad. He clearly indentifies the Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an as what Christians call the New Testament.
Among the things which have reached me about what Jesus the Son of Mary stated in the Gospel which he received from God for the followers of the Gospel, in applying a term to describe the apostle of God, is the following. It is extracted from what John the Apostle set down for them when he wrote the Gospel for them from the Testament of Jesus Son of Mary (Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", translated as "The Life of Muhammad", by A. Guillaume, Karachi: Oxford, 1998, pp. 103-104, bold added.)

Here we see Ibn Ishaq refer to the Apostle John and the Gospel that he wrote. This is simply what Christians call the Gospel according to John and it is part of the New Testment.
So there is no corruption of the Holy Bible.
Keep on lying like the Church did for centuries, Doc!

Ibn Ishaq was an idiot just like the writers of the four gospels, who wrote the atles based on hearsay.

His book cannot be found. And some work was re-written by his deputy, Ibn Hisham. There is no mention of any John or the gospel or the New Testament in his works.

We have been showing you corruptions and forgeries in your Bible daily. How can you say taht there is no corruption in your Bible?

The problem is that you have not really read your corrupt Bible, we have. Forgeries were rampant in the first four centuries and that 'tradition' was always maintained by the Church. Forgeries only stopped after the 18th Century.
Alex

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166591
Mar 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
All they are doing these days is to apologize for their past misdeeds....one after the other and it never seems to end.
At least they have the integrity to admit their mistakes and apologise for them something that muslims could never do because of their arrogance and double standards

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166592
Mar 9, 2013
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on lying like the Church did for centuries, Doc!
Ibn Ishaq was an idiot just like the writers of the four gospels, who wrote the atles based on hearsay.
His book cannot be found. And some work was re-written by his deputy, Ibn Hisham. There is no mention of any John or the gospel or the New Testament in his works.
We have been showing you corruptions and forgeries in your Bible daily. How can you say taht there is no corruption in your Bible?
The problem is that you have not really read your corrupt Bible, we have. Forgeries were rampant in the first four centuries and that 'tradition' was always maintained by the Church. Forgeries only stopped after the 18th Century.
You are a loser, and have no shame of bring an ignorant fool.

You are the exhibit of the re-incarnation of Muhammad.
A man who claimed himself to be God.
huhu

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166593
Mar 9, 2013
 
Q: What do priests (and SEXtons) use a PEDOmeter for?
JIL

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166594
Mar 9, 2013
 
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep on lying like the Church did for centuries, Doc!
Ibn Ishaq was an idiot just like the writers of the four gospels, who wrote the atles based on hearsay.
His book cannot be found. And some work was re-written by his deputy, Ibn Hisham. There is no mention of any John or the gospel or the New Testament in his works.
Its amazing to see Muslims continuously whip out this baseless retort about the Gospels being corrupt. Your Quran confirms the Torah and our New Testament as being authentic, yet you assert that it has been forged throughout the centuries? lol, do you realize you're contradicting your own religion?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166595
Mar 9, 2013
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews havent neutralized Christianity - rather Christianity has neutralized itself by being irrelevant to the problems of the modern world.
Judaism, on the other hand, has always embraced intellectual inquiry and debate, so modernism has never been a real threat to the practice of the religion.
You are right to a point; that Christianity is no more relevance in the modern world, and has been replaced by intellectual inquiry that promotes debate on how to help the ignorance of people remain in their ignorance so that liberals can feel good about them self in finding ways to fund the needs of the ignorant.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166596
Mar 9, 2013
 
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant of what the Quran says about the Holy Bible of God.
The Quran confirms its trust worthlessness.
What are the Jewish and Christian Scriptures?
From the time of Jesus, the Jews and Christians have always shared the same holy book. In Judaism it is called the Tonach or Hebrew Bible, and in Christianity, the Old Testament. In this book are the Torah, the Prophets, and the Psalms. These are the scriptures of the Jewish Prophets before Jesus. Christians have always honoured and read this scripture that first came to the Jews. This scripture is the first section of the Christian Bible.
There is another book of scripture about which many Jews and Christians do not agree. This book too has been given various names in different cultures. It has been called The Gospel or the New Testament or the New Covenant. Christians accept the Gospel as scripture. This book is the second section of the Bible.
Thus all the scriptures of the Jews and Christians are found in the Bible. There exists today ancient Bibles from the time of Muhammad and hundreds of years before his time. Scholars use these ancient scriptures to show that modern Bibles are genuine.
Some people claim that when the Qur'an refers to the Torah or the Gospel that it is not referring to the books Jews and Christians have today. However the Qur'an does not claim this. When the Qur'an speaks of the Torah and the Gospel it is referring to the books which the Jews and Christians possessed at the time of Muhammad.
Those who follow the Messenger (Mohammed), the Prophet who can neither read nor write, whom they will find described in the Torah and the Gospel (which are) with them (7:157 MP).
And when there cometh unto them (Jews) a Scripture (the Qur'an) from Allah, confirming that in their possession (2:89 MP).
Muhammad lived during the 6th/7th century A.D. We have Bibles from before, during and after this time. This archaeological evidence allows us to be sure that the Torah and Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an are the same books that are found in the Bible today.
This fact is also confirmed by Ibn Ishaq who wrote the earliest biography (Sirat) of Muhammad. He clearly indentifies the Gospel mentioned in the Qur'an as what Christians call the New Testament.
Among the things which have reached me about what Jesus the Son of Mary stated in the Gospel which he received from God for the followers of the Gospel, in applying a term to describe the apostle of God, is the following. It is extracted from what John the Apostle set down for them when he wrote the Gospel for them from the Testament of Jesus Son of Mary (Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", translated as "The Life of Muhammad", by A. Guillaume, Karachi: Oxford, 1998, pp. 103-104, bold added.)
Here we see Ibn Ishaq refer to the Apostle John and the Gospel that he wrote. This is simply what Christians call the Gospel according to John and it is part of the New Testment.
So there is no corruption of the Holy Bible.
Quran NEVER uses the word Bible!!

It speaks of Torah, the revelation which was given to Prophet Moses, PBUH.

It speaks of ZABUR, the revelation which was given to Prophet David, PBUH

It speaks of of Injeel, the revelation which was given to Prophet Jesus, PBUH.

It speaks of the revelation which was given by God to other prophets of Jews.

But it NEVER speaks about Bible.

Torah is NOT the first five books of Holy Bible.

Injeel is NOT the four Gospels.

And ZABUR is not the current book of Psalms!!

First learn about Quranic terminology before opening your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••