Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#166445 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it takes you months to understand a single sentence. I will try again:
Torah, the Scripture..........in Hebrew
Qur'aan, the Scripture..........in Arabic
So, those two can be called Scriptural languages, since the Scripture was revealed in them.
Now to Gospels, which were not revealed..........written in Greek.
So, I call Greek a non-scriptural language as no Scripture was revealed by God in that language.
Q. E. D
Your description is meaning less.
It seems you don't have the intelligence to understand God gave Scripture so that all languages can understand Gods words.

The Gospels freed man from likes of you, that hold yourself as king and we are your subjects and must believe your bull-shit.

Glory to God we are free from the bond of liars like you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#166446 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it takes you months to understand a single sentence. I will try again:
Torah, the Scripture..........in Hebrew
Qur'aan, the Scripture..........in Arabic
So, those two can be called Scriptural languages, since the Scripture was revealed in them.
Now to Gospels, which were not revealed..........written in Greek.
So, I call Greek a non-scriptural language as no Scripture was revealed by God in that language.
Q. E. D
Which god has revealed which revelation?

Do you really think that god, if ever existed, would humiliate itself so much by sending down flaw books like Torah, Quran and NT?

According to Quran god sent messengers to all the nations, and the hadiths say they were 144000 or something. This means Greek is a scriptural language, and that you contradict the Quran, as always.

It would be silly to suggest only Arabs and Hebrews have recorded the "revelations" in their language.

The only thing you can say is the Torah or Tanakh was not revealed in Greek.
Christian

Punchbowl, Australia

#166447 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are brainwashed people and Quran is a joke.
I don't understand why if someone critics a religion then the believer has to reverse the discourse against one of the antagonistic religions.
At the end of the day no matter what your belief is, believers are all in the same plain.
In the so called holy Bible you don't find WRITTEN any story of Lucifer disobeying to God and being the cause of the origin of sin. Don't make things up.
You have never studied the Bible so you wouldn't know.

I can tell you that Islam and all the other religions are all false. They offer no salvation from hell.

Only Jesus can save a person from hell.

Everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus is going to burn in hell.

Location hidden

#166448 Mar 9, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>You have never studied the Bible so you wouldn't know.
I can tell you that Islam and all the other religions are all false. They offer no salvation from hell.
I don't waste my time with those kind of books, but I admit I read it.

Depite all the arguings between you and them trying to push the other religion down and promote one's own, Christians and Muslims are not that different. You believe that all the other religions are false and who doesn't believe in the Nazarene is going to burn in hell. Muslims believe that Islam is the only true religion of god and who doesn't believe in Muhammad is going to burn in hell.

Ironic, isn't it.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#166449 Mar 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Mashiach: The Messiah
• The idea of mashiach (messiah) is an ancient one in Judaism
• The Jewish idea of mashiach is a great human leader like King David, not a savior
• There is much speculation about when the mashiach will come
• The Bible identifies several tasks that the mashiach will accomplish
I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the mashiach, and though he may tarry, still I await him every day.
- Principle 12 of Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith
The Messianic Idea in Judaism
Belief in the eventual coming of the mashiach is a basic and fundamental part of traditional Judaism. It is part of Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith, the minimum requirements of Jewish belief. In the Shemoneh Esrei prayer, recited three times daily, we pray for all of the elements of the coming of the mashiach: ingathering of the exiles; restoration of the religious courts of justice; an end of wickedness, sin and heresy; reward to the righteous; rebuilding of Jerusalem; restoration of the line of King David; and restoration of Temple service.
Modern scholars suggest that the messianic concept was introduced later in the history of Judaism, during the age of the prophets. They note that the messianic concept is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the Torah (the first five books of the Bible).
However, traditional Judaism maintains that the messianic idea has always been a part of Judaism. The mashiach is not mentioned explicitly in the Torah, because the Torah was written in terms that all people could understand, and the abstract concept of a distant, spiritual, future reward was beyond the comprehension of some people. However, the Torah contains several references to "the End of Days" (acharit ha-yamim), which is the time of the mashiach; thus, the concept of mashiach was known in the most ancient times.
The term "mashiach" literally means "the anointed one," and refers to the ancient practice of anointing kings with oil when they took the throne. The mashiach is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days.
Jesus was anointed by God to be the King of Jews.
Jesus is referred to in Scripture as "King of Kings, Lord of Lords".
You post like you are trained in the knowledge of the Scriptures, but you are not.
You are ignorant of Scripture.
You express that just because you are Muslim, non-Muslims must accept your lies.
You live in a Muslim fantasy world.
Why did you unload that rubbish? Was it necessary to litter the precious bandwidth?

I had just asked this:

Show me the word Messiah in the Torah. Ask the Holy Spirit to search for you and reveal that to you.

Just show me the word Messiah in the Torah.

Jesus, for the Church, was an unbranded 'Can of Stuff'. They put every label they could think of but that in my humble view is Horse Shit.
bmz

Location hidden

#166450 Mar 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your description is meaning less.

It seems you don't have the intelligence to understand God gave Scripture so that all languages can understand Gods words.

The Gospels freed man from likes of you, that hold yourself as king and we are your subjects and must believe your bull-shit.

Gospels freed man? You are crazy.

Gospels are like a drug store and turn an intelligent person into a drugged fool, who gets brainwashed with all absurdities and is unable to differentiate between right and wrong, and between truth and lies.

God's words cannot be full of hocus pocus and absurdities that fill the gospels. It was through these ridiculous books that Jesus was turned into a Moan God or a Man God.
bmz

Location hidden

#166451 Mar 9, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>You have never studied the Bible so you wouldn't know.
Please spare us the Horse Shit that only Jesus can save a person from hell. That is rubbish.

The man could not even save himself, so how can he save others? Jesus is no bloody savior, only the LORD Almighty is.
bmz

Location hidden

#166452 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god has revealed which revelation?
Do you really think that god, if ever existed, would humiliate itself so much by sending down flaw books like Torah, Quran and NT?
According to Quran god sent messengers to all the nations, and the hadiths say they were 144000 or something. This means Greek is a scriptural language, and that you contradict the Quran, as always.
It would be silly to suggest only Arabs and Hebrews have recorded the "revelations" in their language.
The only thing you can say is the Torah or Tanakh was not revealed in Greek.
It is the same God, who sent revelations. Why should sending messages be considered humiliating? 
Those were reminders. Why do you find it so difficult to understand?

Why should it bother you so much if God did not exist?

The figure 144,000 came from tales of Christianity. You know well that many ahaadith are as absurd as the New Testament.

Greek is NOT an scriptural language. Do you think the Greek Mythology was Scripture? If you do, then you are a fool!

For your information, the Jews have always had their scrolls in Hebrew. And Septuagint was translated from the first five books of the Jewish Scriptures. That translation was meant for some high-class Greeks to read. How can one say that Scripture was given in that language unfit for Scripture?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166453 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! And not at all. The gospels have not been proven true.
Let me show you how untrue the gospels are:
First the forgery known as Matthew 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "
And compare it with Acts 2:37-38
"When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what shall we do?”
Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Too many cooks spoiled the 'broth' of the NT.
So, brother Shamma, what would you do? Will you go with Matthew or Peter?
There is something else the NT thumpers expect us to forget:
The "long/cooked up/invented/inserted" ending 16:9-16 of MARK where this "great commision of error" finds a worthless home.

Matthew was copied from Mark and so was the "great commision of error".

MARK 16:15-18
15 He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

What happened to Father son and Ghost?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166454 Mar 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
A record in one Gospel is enough.
I agree.
You need just one Gospel!
Pick one!
Thanks.
bmz

Location hidden

#166455 Mar 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your description is meaning less.
Christianity and her books were only designed for ignorant fools.

Don't challenge my intelligence. Let me test your intelligence now, so do not run away from this, proving yourself to be a clueless fool, who can neither read nor understand.

This kind of ridiculous stuff can only be found in the gospels. Read now:

Matthew 28:19

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

Acts 2:38

"Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."

If Peter the Unschooled had been instructed to baptize in the name of the three, why did that ignorant fool baptize people only under Jesus' name?

Such absurdities are a very common feature of all the gospels. None is reliable.
bmz

Location hidden

#166456 Mar 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
You need just one Gospel!
Pick one!
Thanks.
LOL!

Oh, you made me spray my tea all over. let me clean the mess up.

Which one? All of them are full of absurdities, nonsense and contradictions.
bmz

Location hidden

#166457 Mar 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something else the NT thumpers expect us to forget:
The "long/cooked up/invented/inserted" ending 16:9-16 of MARK where this "great commision of error" finds a worthless home.
Matthew was copied from Mark and so was the "great commision of error".
MARK 16:15-18
15 He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
What happened to Father son and Ghost?
Yes, Mark was given a longer ending. That is why Thomas Jefferson, who was fed up of all the nonsense, cut short his Bible and ended it at "He rolled the stone shut and went home".

Actually, Matthew and Luke copied wholesale from Mark and John was taken care of by many Johns.
bmz

Location hidden

#166458 Mar 9, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
being one of only three witnesses of the "transfiguration", the apostle John would've related his extraordinary experience,
more than just a vague reference, "We beheld his glory as of the only begotten of a father" (John 1:14)
one of many reasons why the overwhelming majority of scholars concur that this 4th Gospel did not in fact come from the apostle John, but from an impostor "John"
Not just an impostor but many impostors wrote John.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166459 Mar 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I recollect some months ago an episode of The Simpsons was banned in Turkey, because they found it blasphemous. It's a well known fact that that cartoon is American, and the god in the episode was a sort of parody of the Christian god. What's the reason to ban and sanction the Turkish broadcaster CNBC if at the end of the end that god is not Allah?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/...
Therefore not just Christians say their god is the same god of Jews and Muslims but many Muslims think so.
Who needs to provide more evidence is a question of less importance, since I think each of you (Christians, Muslims, Jews, ect) has to give evidences.
Believe me, who makes extraordinary claim needs extraordinary evidence, is valid also for Islam.
Still you believe in anthropopatic god that creates things out of nothing. This alone is an extraordinary claim that is common in all 3 religions. Where is the extraordinary evidence?
I am afraid we seem to have the same language problem we had many moons ago. Correct enough, but I don't understand the double standard here.

This was your post:
The entire Islam is based on self claim of a person who said to have received revelations from god.
Muhammad's revelations: no eye witness
The angel messenger: no eye witness
The chapter's order of Quran is totally a mess.
And yet everything in Quran is Divine!!
Another case of pot calling kettle black.

My response was:
"christian" claim that their god is same as the god of jews, but they also claim that their god came as a man to die for the sins of humans including gentiles. This is an extra ordinary claim.

Who needs to produce more evidence?
Muslims who claim that they worship the same God who created Adam and who retains the same nature as accepted by Jews or the "christians" who have given a completely new "look" to God?

Those who make extra ordinary claim have to produce extra ordinary evidence to support their claim.

Jesus NEVER made any direct claim to divinity.

**** I am not sure why Turkey banned the program. A simple answer would be any program that insults any "god" of any people is offensive. Therefore, these should be banned.

**** You correctly say that
"Therefore not just Christians say their god is the same god of Jews and Muslims but many Muslims think so."

But Shamma and Paul WV don't agree with you.

I believe that GOD created the universe including the cosmos and mankind. GOD treats all creation fairly and all humans have equal access to GOD irrespective of their race, tribe, colour or nation.
GOD does not hate Jews or Gentiles.

I also believe that the "god" in the OT is an "edited" or "corrected" interpretation of GOD who created everything including the cosmos and mankind. This I believe is to justify the Jewish claim that GOD favours them above others.

I also believe that "Christians" mistakenly worship this "edited" god (who hates gentiles) in the form of a Jewish man called Jesus.

Location hidden

#166460 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the same God, who sent revelations. Why should sending messages be considered humiliating? 
Those were reminders. Why do you find it so difficult to understand?
Why should it bother you so much if God did not exist?
The figure 144,000 came from tales of Christianity. You know well that many ahaadith are as absurd as the New Testament.
Greek is NOT an scriptural language. Do you think the Greek Mythology was Scripture? If you do, then you are a fool!
For your information, the Jews have always had their scrolls in Hebrew. And Septuagint was translated from the first five books of the Jewish Scriptures. That translation was meant for some high-class Greeks to read. How can one say that Scripture was given in that language unfit for Scripture?
Why is there any god who sent revelations? According to you all god is perfect and has sent revelation to people. In the very moment you look at the so called holy texts you find mistakes and absurdities. Now either your god is perfect and he has no sent any revelation or your god is the ultimate joke.

You know well Quran says Allah sent messengers to all the nations. Useless forget it. If that is true Greeks had revelations as well, and your entire argument was destroyed by Quran.

The last time you discussed whether or not Greek language was unfit for holy scriptures, it turns out that you are pretty ignorant about Greek and their holy texts and that your brain is unfit to understand Greek.

Greek mitology was a Scripture? If you believe that Allah is god and that Quran is the word of god, then Zeus, Mithra, Brahma, The Nazarene are gods as well and their mithology can considered Scripture at par of Quran.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166461 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Oh, you made me spray my tea all over. let me clean the mess up.
Which one? All of them are full of absurdities, nonsense and contradictions.
lol...glad you liked it. Sorry you had to make a fresh pot/cup of tea!
I was kinda hoping that paul WV would go away to produce a consolidated gospel, thus leaving us in peace for 2000 years!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#166462 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mark was given a longer ending. That is why Thomas Jefferson, who was fed up of all the nonsense, cut short his Bible and ended it at "He rolled the stone shut and went home".
Actually, Matthew and Luke copied wholesale from Mark and John was taken care of by many Johns.
Definitely!
They used Mark's "great commission of errors" in 16:9-16, but forgotten to notice the omission of baptism in the name of daddy, sonny and ghosty...!!
john by many drunken johns is comical indeed.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166463 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All inspired and Sacred Scripture. What were those other two gospels you thought were in the Holy Bible? Was Aseop one of them?

I am waiting on those links backing your definition of what a scripture language is.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#166464 Mar 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity and her books were only designed for ignorant fools.
Don't challenge my intelligence. Let me test your intelligence now, so do not run away from this, proving yourself to be a clueless fool, who can neither read nor understand.
This kind of ridiculous stuff can only be found in the gospels. Read now:
Matthew 28:19
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
Acts 2:38
"Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."
If Peter the Unschooled had been instructed to baptize in the name of the three, why did that ignorant fool baptize people only under Jesus' name?
Such absurdities are a very common feature of all the gospels. None is reliable.
Put it to rest, that has been explained to you many times and yet you want to play the fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep 12 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
News Secret Tunnel Discovered Beneath the Ancient Te... Jul '17 La Femme Accident 1
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Jul '17 Resident 23
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... Jul '17 pshun2404 26
News Blackdom history little known (Feb '11) Jun '17 spydie 35
More from around the web