Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165726 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxidation and the elements in the periodic table?
LOL.
Tell me more about oxidation, reduction and redox reactions?
(smiles)
You must first admit you made a big cock up without knowing how iron ended up on planet earth...
Don't switch.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165727 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Quran claims without proof to be an infallible book of God sent to humankind via his so-called perfect Messenger, Muhammad, then, whenever it attempts to tackle a topic on cosmology or on any of the scientific facts, why does it make so many errors and assert so many falsehoods that can easily be debunked with Allah and the prophet being made fools of?
Shouldn't a book of God be error-free?
You will see error in a straight line!
lol..
Give us your perfect view of life with PROOF.
Don't come up with a million assumptions.
Prove every claim you make about your own philosophy.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165728 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxidation and the elements in the periodic table?
LOL.
Tell me more about oxidation, reduction and redox reactions?
(smiles)
So knowing the PT, you made those silly comments about platinum gold and iron?
oh well..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165729 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
My Vedic texts? LOL.
I am not a Vedist or a Hindu.
There are Vedic texts dealing with technology and physical facts.
Quran attempts to deal with a few elementary physical facts and makes a big mess since the God and his messenger (Muhammad) were/are not competent.
Primarily, the Vedas are concerned with the nature of reality based on monism and they lay out the methods of achieving the union in consciousness of the subject with the object.
Go on give us a laugh ....
What sort of technology the vedic texts give you?

1. "Sun is full of light and knows all the human bei
ngs, so his horses take
him to sky to look at the world" (Rig Ved 1/50/1)

Wish the horses were proper rockets!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165730 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
May be the earth itself did not separated from sun (as is the usual belief) composition of earth is different from that of sun.
Sun is mostly hydrogen, helium and carbon, while on earth these things are not that abundant.
May be earth came from some another system and was "captured by Sun's gravitational field" to become its planet?
The more you research, the more truth shall come out and prove how little we know of these matters.
Allah knows Best.
Thank you brother. Nothing is 100% in science.
Your comments are very valid.
The more we learn the more there is to learn!!
Allah knows Best.
Salaams.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165731 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions of nutcases like you who say that "god" told them to do this and that!!
Why did this bumbling "god" send prophets? what a failure!
no wonder he abandoned his "son" to die!
rabbee: well i guess that blows your insulting case, for muhammed being a prophet of g-d.

and how can i be dead, since i am again alive here as promised? as i believe that your theory of my demise, is highly mythicized and fantacized in your own deluded mind.

as obviously i have not been, as abandandoned by G-D as your delusion falsly projects. and so your being a failure, trying to place your being a failure blame on me is worth what. my name is still in TheBook of Life and your's is for not there.

so you are still guilty of, lying to your own family against G-D. in this visitation of the sins of fathers, against their children and childrens children. but this story that has all been happening exactly as G-D Say here in TheTorah. is going to continue to happen exactly as G-D says here in TheTorah, with or without your approvial. as your vain prejudice, is your own worst enemy against G-D.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165732 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you wish me to?

I thought you don't believe in them.
Go ahead but give the accurate translations.

I don't believe in anything until it makes sense and I get some supporting proof.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165733 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

You must first admit you made a big cock up without knowing how iron ended up on planet earth...

Don't switch.
Switch?

I thought my post made that clear not only about Fe but about the post-Fe series of heavy elements.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165734 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

You will see error in a straight line!

lol..

Give us your perfect view of life with PROOF.

Don't come up with a million assumptions.

Prove every claim you make about your own philosophy.
To begin with a philosophy should not center on mumbo jumbo like creation from nothing before it can be taken up for further scrutiny. Everything in the argument should be based on verifiable tangibles like say consciousness, energy and matter and not on something that does not exist in the materio-force sense. Next, the explanations should take into consideration real universal principles like causation, unity in variety and conservation.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165735 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Not forgetting the huge iron laden asteroid that banged into evolving planet earth around 4.54BILLION years ago...that pushed the bulk of iron into the core.
rabbee: that is a lie, since for thousands and thousands of third or fourth visitations. the physical earth and the physical universe, has never exceeded 6818 years old.

it is all made new again, just like G-D says in TheTorah. because time is reset back to the beguinning, with all you having failed to make it to GanEden. so play it, again sam. in this world making all the same old mistakes, and expecting as if new different results.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165736 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

1. "Sun is full of light and knows all the human beings, so his horses take him to sky to look at the world" (Rig Ved 1/50/1)

Wish the horses were proper rockets!!
Give the accurate translations and be familiar with the symbolisms used as for istance horse is compared to the restless vital-mind, while sun is a symbol of the inner light and so on.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165737 Mar 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Jesus: "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Amen amen I say to you, unless a grain of wheat dies, it will not bear fruit..."
He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die.(John 12)
Jesus is a god which is of no use alive
a good god is a dead god
"why you call me good?"
rabbee: you've mistranslated, Benee Adam: should be Son of Adam and not son of man.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165738 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Talk to the people at BHU-IT, IIT, Nasa and other places and they'll tell you. I'm talking about the genuine ancient sanskrit texts and not of those offshoots or made up books of modern origin.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165739 Mar 2, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

So knowing the PT, you made those silly comments about platinum gold and iron?

oh well.
What is the mistake that I made?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165740 Mar 2, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What about nickel, gold, platinum and other siderophile elements in the inner core of the earth?
The fact that precious metals and other heavy elements are so much more abundant in the earth's inner core than in its crust is explained by the theory of the so-called iron catastrophe, an event that occurred before the first eon during the accretion phase of the early Earth.
No mention of solid inner and liquid outer core and of temperature and pressure conditions?
Muslim retard.
ROFL.
rabbee: well according to alleged as, scientific theory. the densest atom produced in normal stars is nickel 56 which rapidly decays into iron 55. the rest are allegedly formed by neutron stars, nova, and supernova. with the denser elements, formed by supernova by hyperdensification implosion method. but i seriously doubt, this is how the bulk of the higher atoms are actually formed.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165741 Mar 2, 2013
Sister Mary Jo wrote:
No, No, No!
`
`
The earth, which is 6,234 years old is a composite of perhaps earlier experiments by God at prison planet building. God had to make a number of attempts to get it just this way so that the prisoners could be sent to a place that could hold them and in which they might appear to evolve and appear to thrive at the expense of the environment and eventually exhaust that environment and have no place to escape to left. That is the sentence and we are carrying it out. This is all on page six of the bible. In code, to be sure, but it is there; you have but to SEE it and hear your inner voice speak the truth. Yeah, verily!!!
rabbee: the present current age of earth, is 5773 near the end of the sixth day again. and at the present rate, of earths immorality. it shall end in the year 6818, when G-D returns from TheDay of Rest. and and beguins again day one with Noach and HisFamily and the 144,000 animals with day one to day seven again. G-D does not make mistakes, that we all mentally do.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165742 Mar 2, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>

rabbee: well according to alleged as, scientific theory. the densest atom produced in normal stars is nickel 56 which rapidly decays into iron 55.
You mean Fe-56. A star that becomes a supernove does so after all its core is converted into Fe-56 with the bulk trigerring off electron capture...Fe-56 is of particular interest to scientists as it is the climax of nucleosynthesis.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165743 Mar 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
May be the earth itself did not separated from sun (as is the usual belief) composition of earth is different from that of sun.
Sun is mostly hydrogen, helium and carbon, while on earth these things are not that abundant.
May be earth came from some another system and was "captured by Sun's gravitational field" to become its planet?
The more you research, the more truth shall come out and prove how little we know of these matters.
Allah knows Best.
rabbee: everytime G-D made the physical earth and physical universe. THEY/BOTH have made it exactly, the way THEY have said it in TheTorah. and have previously done this, for thousands and thousands of third or fourth times. so the apparent age, is not the same as actual age of the earth and universe. so you need to be carfull of paralax error, in calculating earths present age. since it is a lot younger again, than you have been misled to think.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165744 Mar 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is indeed a correct assessment.
That is exactly how Christianity was developed.
Thanks
rabbee: being politically correct in your own mind, does not automaticly make either of you correct according to G-D.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#165745 Mar 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The koran in English calls itself a book. So all arabic translators have it wrong but you? Why don't you be honest with yourself for once?
People; who believe in the absurdity and idiocy that God has a son and that God is triune, being dishonest themselves think that others, who do not believe in their junk and stuff; are dishonest.

When have you ever been honest about your own absurd scripture and your false and crooked belief system?

You do have an absurd book called the Book of Revelation. Right? Was that absurd revelation given to John in the form of a book? 

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr 15 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar 27 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb '17 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb '17 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb '17 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
More from around the web