Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
155,301 - 155,320 of 199,647 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul was a prophet of God and God's messenger to the gentiles. However, even with his commission from God as a prophet of God he still recognized the AUTHORITY of the leaders of the Catholic Church and went up to Jerusalem to get their blessing on his ministry.
I am not a fundy and thus do not have to demonstrate anything using only the Holy Bible, for Sacred Tradition and the Holy Bible can not be separated; they form one whole.
Paul--even with his commission from God as a prophet of God he still recognized the AUTHORITY of the leaders of the Catholic Church and went up to Jerusalem to get their blessing on his ministry

HughBe--- 1.support your claim by quoting scripture.

2. Is it because he recognized their AUTHORITY why he had the following approach to them and their AUTHORITY?

Approach "I immediately prepared to do this work WITHOUT asking for ADVICE or HELP from anyone. I did NOT go to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was"

Paul--- Sacred Tradition and the Holy Bible can not be separated; they form one whole

HughBe--- man-made traditions maybe good but they should NEVER be equated to the words of God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Paul was a prophet of God? have you gone crazy? He was not even a prophet of Jesus.
St Paul was a prophet of God and God's messenger to the gentiles.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to compare anything to the kjv of the bible since king james had no authority from God to translate the Holy Bible into English. There are many links on the net that will explain the comparison between the Ten Commands as used by various churches. This thread is about "Who is allah" and I have no desire to be diverted into some Christian/Christian apologetics.
Recall, you spoke about documents being inspired by the Holy Spirit and as such I wanted to see your inspired works and to compare them with the KJV or the TANACH. Did you see the word TANACH?

Compare the 10 of your church with the TANACH 10 or the Septuagint 10

Trusting that you do not find fault with those versions as well.

Just curious, is your version older than the Septuagint?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please list up all your sins and crimes? Why did the Holy Spirit leave you?
I go to the sacrement of Reconciliation and have no need to confess to you who can do nothing for me. It was through Jesus' death and resurrection that my sins can now be forgiven.

The Holy Spirit has not left me, I am a temple of the Holy Spirit.

You said the holy spirit is the mother of allah's three daughters, so is that why you think he left me?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Help is being provided for you,Paul, out of Christian love.

Paul wrote---The pope in union with the bishops gave us the Holy Bible. It took all the available documents and declared through the Keys of St Peter which documents were inspired by the Holy Spirit and which were not.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall, you spoke about documents being inspired by the Holy Spirit and as such I wanted to see your inspired works and to compare them with the KJV or the TANACH. Did you see the word TANACH?
Compare the 10 of your church with the TANACH 10 or the Septuagint 10
Trusting that you do not find fault with those versions as well.
Just curious, is your version older than the Septuagint?
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr "Know It All" here
Fact is you don't have any better a clue than anyone else. And neither do I. The main difference between me and you is that I admit it and you don't. Real sign of intelligence is knowing your limits.
Sounds like I deflated your ego and you are trying to build it up again by personally attacking my moral integrity.

You are trying to apply Psychology in reverse instead of applying your intelligence to come to an understanding and meaning of the post I post

It appears to me you are trying to take away the intelligence I bring to this forum.

What is the Bible?
Is it not an invitation by God to have communion and converse with Him?

If that is not what the Bible is all about, then why did God inspire the prophets to write about Him?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like I deflated your ego and you are trying to build it up again by personally attacking my moral integrity.
You are trying to apply Psychology in reverse instead of applying your intelligence to come to an understanding and meaning of the post I post
It appears to me you are trying to take away the intelligence I bring to this forum.
What is the Bible?
Is it not an invitation by God to have communion and converse with Him?
If that is not what the Bible is all about, then why did God inspire the prophets to write about Him?
I didnt attack your moral integrity - I attacked your intelligence.

I dont follow the Bible - I am not Christian - so I dont care

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul wrote---At the Council of Jerusalem, Acts 15, the leaders of the Catholic Church blessed St Paul's mission to the gentiles and gave him advise on what he should require of his converts.
Shamma---Paul did not need teaching from the Apostles. Paul was instructed by Jesus.
HughBe--- I believe that it will be instructive if you reread my words with care.
Here are some of them, "NEITHER WAS I(Paul) TAUGHT it(gospel), but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
"I immediately prepared to do this work WITHOUT asking for ADVICE or HELP from anyone"
1. That is what is called intelligent communication.
That is not a teaching instruction of the Gospels from the Apostles.
That fell under the assignment of what Paul was to receive from the Apostles.

2. Yes, When Paul was baptized he received the Holy Spirit and was enlightened in wisdom and understanding of who Jesus Christ is.
And through the Holy Spirit Jesus instructed Paul in the knowledge of the Gospels.

3. That is correct.

4. So in all instances Paul's testimony in the Scriptures is correct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt attack your moral integrity - I attacked your intelligence.
I dont follow the Bible - I am not Christian - so I dont care
NO! You attacked my message without understanding the moral value it contained in my post to rabbee.

And you still don't understand it.

You attack my post in ignorance of the message it contains.

For instance: your "What if " question was questioning the moral truth of what I posted.

And I replied; Your "what if" question was poorly conceived in your mind.

You didn't consider my characterization of God being "love" to be true.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-62

Chapter 130 Parable of Debtors

Jesus said: "There was a man who had two debtors. The one owed to his creditor fifty pence, the other five hundred. Whereupon, when neither of them had wherewithal to pay, the owner, moved with compassion, forgave the debt to each. Which of them would love his creditor most?" Simon answered: "He to whom was forgiven the greater debt." Jesus said: "You have well said; I say to you, therefore, behold this woman and yourself; for you were both debtors to God, the one for leprosy of the body, the other for leprosy of the soul, which is sin. God our Lord, moved with compassion through my prayers, has willed to heal your body and her soul.

You, therefore, love me little, because you have received little as a gift. And so, when I entered your house you did not kiss me nor anoint my head. But this woman, lo! straightway on entering your house she placed herself at my feet, which she has washed with her tears and anointed with precious ointment. Wherefore truly I say to you, many sins are forgiven her, because she has loved much." And turning to the woman he said: "Go your way in peace, for the Lord our God has pardoned your sins; but see you sin no more. Your faith has saved you."

Chapter 131 On Pride

His disciples drew near to Jesus after the nightly prayer, and said: "O Master, how must we do to escape pride?" Jesus answered: "Have you seen a poor man invited to a prince's house to eat bread?" John answered: "I have eaten bread in Herod's house. For before I knew you I went to fish, and used to sell the fish to the family of Herod. Whereupon, one day when he was feasting, I having brought thither a fine fish, he made me stay and eat there."

Then Jesus said: "Now how did you eat bread with infidels? God pardon you, O John! But tell me, how did you bear yourself at the table? Did you seek to have the most honorable place? Did you ask for the most delicate food? Did you speak when you were not questioned at the table? Did you account yourself more worthy than the others to sit at table?"
John answered: "As God lives, I did not dare to lift up my eyes, seeing myself, a poor fisherman, ill-clad, sitting among the king's barons. Whereupon, when the king gave me a little piece of flesh, I thought that the world had fallen upon my head, for the greatness of the favour that the king did to me. And truly I say that, if the king had been of our Law, I should have been fain to serve him all the days of my life." Jesus cried out: "Hold your peace, John, for I fear lest God should cast us into the abyss, even like Abiram, for our pride!"

…As God lives, you sinned not, O John, in eating with Herod, for it was of God's disposition you did so, in order that you might be our teacher and [the teacher] of every one that fears God. So do," said Jesus to his disciples, "that you may live in the world as John lived in the house of Herod when he ate bread with him, for so shall you be in truth free from all pride."

MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Chapter 132 Parable of Sower

... He then opened his mouth and said:

"Behold, the Sower went out to sow, whereupon as he sowed some of the seed fell upon the road, and this was trodden under foot of men and eaten up of birds; some fell upon the stones, whereupon when it sprang up, because it had no moisture, it was burnt up by the sun; some fell in the hedges, whereupon when it grew up the thorns chocked the seed; and some fell on good ground, whereupon it. bare fruit, even to thirty, sixty, and an one hundredfold."

Again Jesus said: "Behold, the father of a family sowed good seed in his field: whereupon, as the servants of the good man slept, the enemy of the man their master came and sowed tares over the good seed. Whereupon, when the corn sprang up, there was seen sprung up among the corn a great quantity of tares. The servants came to their master and said: "O Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Wherefore then is there sprung up therein a great quantity of tares?" The master answered:'Good seed did I sow, but while men slept the enemy of man came and sowed tares over the corn.'

Said the servants: "Will you that we go and pull up the tares from among the corn?" The master answered: "Do not so, for you would pull up the corn therewith; but wait till the time of harvest comes. For then shall you go and pull up the tares from among the corn and cast them into the fire to be burned, but the corn you shall put into my granary.' "

…Again Jesus said: "There went forth two men to sell apples. The one chose to sell the peel of the apple for its weight in gold, not caring for the substance of the apples. The other desired to give the apples away, receiving only a little bread for his journey. But men bought the peel of the apples for its weight in gold, not caring for him who was fain to give them, no even despising him."

And thus on that day Jesus spoke to the crowd in parables. Then having dismissed them, he went with his disciples to Nain, where he had raised to life the widow's son; who, with his mother, received him into his house and ministered to him.

Note: Some of the parables are found in other Gospels also.-MUQ

(Abridged)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Muslims don't get it.
They are ignorant of what the OT, NT, Gods Holy Bible is all about.

We were made by God for God so that we may know God and love God.
God calls us to Himself by His love for us.

The problem is that Muslims don't have the spirit of God in them.
Muslims have the spirit of Muhammad in side of them.

Muhammad demanded every one obey him as prophet of his own religion.
"Believe Me" or I will kill you.
That is not the spirit of God.

God is not a religion.
Islam is a religion.

Christianity is not a religion.
Christianity is the relationship with God as our Father guiding us through this world into being with Him in His heavenly Kingdom.

God being invisible and unapproachable in his own state of Being, in wanting to have communion with us, who made us in His own image of Himself, found it necessary in order to have communion with us, His created, revealed Himself to us through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

Through our belief in Jesus Christ, Gods Son, Christians become children of God and belong to God as family members of Gods family.

Muhammad created his own religion, and forced Arabs to become members of his tribal god family, of which Muhammad is the father of his own religion.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

The ultimate reality is a system or a unified field of consciousnesses and energies and is not an anthropopathic being nor an impersonal being.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

The universe is a partial manifestation of the unified field of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

When the energy aspect of the unified field enters a state of dormancy or of unmanifestation, then only pure consciousness remains as the dominant aspect of the ultimate reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

JOEL wrote:
The universe is a partial manifestation of the unified field of consciousness-energy.
How did it become into existence, since total consciousnesses is emptiness?
Mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

QUESTIONS OF JOE ABOUT ISLAM

Who=Joe Honest questions to all Muslims...
Why do you continue following Islam? Why is it important for you to remain Muslim? What is your relationship to God? What is God's relationship to you? What is the outcome of your faith? How does a Muslim deal with sin? Finally, what is the nature of God?[Please describe Him]
Thank you

Who Mengal.
Dear Joe,
1- Because there is no other alternative but to obey the creator whom we called Allah as same is evident from His last message the holy Quran. As you know that word Islam means once surrendering His will before the creator UN conditionally and carry His ordains. Is in your Opinion the creator of this universe is not deserve to be obeyed? Or having no power or ability to fulfill his words or transmit it in to actions..

2-For two reasons, first He is the only power, creator, cherisher to be worshiped and It is His right, Second for our own benefit because that Power in his last Message clearly has mentioned that he who did not obey him he will deprive him in next life from Paradise which He has prepared for those who obey Him and spent their life according to His teachings And further also sent him to Hell fire which He prepared for those who reject Him and not accept Him. Dear Joe, if this claim becomes true, on tomorrow and we human beings really would arisen by this power or creator than please tell me who will be in Loss. so Why we spent un necessary a life or cling any ideology which having no hope of paradise or fear of Hell fire, Therefore best way being an intellectual is that we die on this idea or religion if that not tomorrow becomes, true even than we get no any loss but if same becomes true than tell what happen with rejecters they surely will burn in Hell fire.
Mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

3-We are no more than a slave or servant or a little creature and looking His mercy to forgive our fault or shortcomings, and on the day of judgment raise us with his those slaves or servants to whom He pleased and deserved them to enter in to Paradise. While to save us from those who earned His wrath in this world, and their abode will become Hell fire for ever.

Say [O Muhammad (SAW)]
"He is Allah,(The) One."

Allah the Self-Sufficient, Master.
Whom all creatures need,
(He neither eats nor drinks)

He begets not,
Nor was He begotten.

And there is none co-equal
Or comparable unto Him.

Say [O Mohammad (SAW)]
Invoke Allah or invoke the (most
Gracious) Rahman by whatever name
You invoke Him (It is the same),
For to Him belong the best names.

So as in chapter 7 verse 180 Quran says :

And (all) the Most beautiful
Names belong to Allah,
So call on Him by them.

In Chapter 59 verse 24 Quran Says

He is Allah, the creator,
The Inventor of all things,
The Bestowal of forms,
To Him belong best Names.

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

S-1, 1-15 Holy Quran
Praise be to Allah
The cherisher & sustainer of
The world;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the day of Judgment
Thee do we worship,
And thine aid we seek
Show us the straight-way;
The way of those on whom
Thou hast bestowed the grace,
Thou whose (portion)
Is not wrath;
And who go not astray.

Mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

4- Supreme success is that if lord almighty god make us success in the test of this world and include us in those, from whom He pleased and they carry His orders obeyed him as He ordained .than naturally enter us on the day of judgment in to Paradise or heaven where there will be no more any further toil and a believer will get every thing whatever he wishes. And rejecter will burn in hell fire for ever .

5-Sin is a sin and only way to repent before God that O God I had made mistake and did wrong with my self so Please God Allah the Almighty forgive me, So any one who sincerely repent and ask Allah to for give him Than Allah forgives him and make him deserve to enter in to paradise, So a sincere repent washes all the sin and than man includes one to whom Allah pleased and make them success. As such sin has no value if one really repents and asks Allah to forgive him.

6. 4-God is our Master and master of whole universe. He is one and only one, there is nothing like un to Him. This is our idea for Him, read.

7- Please read the para 4 with following,

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

Holy Quran S. 24 -35
Allah is the light
Of the heavens and earth.
The parable of His light
Is as if there were a niche
And with in it a lamp!
The lamp enclosed in glass;
The glass as it were
A brilliant star;
Lit from a blessed tree
An olive, neither of the east
Nor of the west.
Whose oil is well nigh
Luminous,
Though fire scarce touched it;
Light upon light !
Allah doth guide
Whom He will
To His light
Allah doth set for the parables
For men: and Allah
Doth no all things.

Please these are brief answers of your Questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Wed Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••