Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256502 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165418 Feb 27, 2013
The universe is a partial manifestation of the unified field of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165419 Feb 27, 2013
When the energy aspect of the unified field enters a state of dormancy or of unmanifestation, then only pure consciousness remains as the dominant aspect of the ultimate reality.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165420 Feb 27, 2013
JOEL wrote:
The universe is a partial manifestation of the unified field of consciousness-energy.
How did it become into existence, since total consciousnesses is emptiness?
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165421 Feb 27, 2013
QUESTIONS OF JOE ABOUT ISLAM

Who=Joe Honest questions to all Muslims...
Why do you continue following Islam? Why is it important for you to remain Muslim? What is your relationship to God? What is God's relationship to you? What is the outcome of your faith? How does a Muslim deal with sin? Finally, what is the nature of God?[Please describe Him]
Thank you

Who Mengal.
Dear Joe,
1- Because there is no other alternative but to obey the creator whom we called Allah as same is evident from His last message the holy Quran. As you know that word Islam means once surrendering His will before the creator UN conditionally and carry His ordains. Is in your Opinion the creator of this universe is not deserve to be obeyed? Or having no power or ability to fulfill his words or transmit it in to actions..

2-For two reasons, first He is the only power, creator, cherisher to be worshiped and It is His right, Second for our own benefit because that Power in his last Message clearly has mentioned that he who did not obey him he will deprive him in next life from Paradise which He has prepared for those who obey Him and spent their life according to His teachings And further also sent him to Hell fire which He prepared for those who reject Him and not accept Him. Dear Joe, if this claim becomes true, on tomorrow and we human beings really would arisen by this power or creator than please tell me who will be in Loss. so Why we spent un necessary a life or cling any ideology which having no hope of paradise or fear of Hell fire, Therefore best way being an intellectual is that we die on this idea or religion if that not tomorrow becomes, true even than we get no any loss but if same becomes true than tell what happen with rejecters they surely will burn in Hell fire.
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165422 Feb 27, 2013
3-We are no more than a slave or servant or a little creature and looking His mercy to forgive our fault or shortcomings, and on the day of judgment raise us with his those slaves or servants to whom He pleased and deserved them to enter in to Paradise. While to save us from those who earned His wrath in this world, and their abode will become Hell fire for ever.

Say [O Muhammad (SAW)]
"He is Allah,(The) One."

Allah the Self-Sufficient, Master.
Whom all creatures need,
(He neither eats nor drinks)

He begets not,
Nor was He begotten.

And there is none co-equal
Or comparable unto Him.

Say [O Mohammad (SAW)]
Invoke Allah or invoke the (most
Gracious) Rahman by whatever name
You invoke Him (It is the same),
For to Him belong the best names.

So as in chapter 7 verse 180 Quran says :

And (all) the Most beautiful
Names belong to Allah,
So call on Him by them.

In Chapter 59 verse 24 Quran Says

He is Allah, the creator,
The Inventor of all things,
The Bestowal of forms,
To Him belong best Names.

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

S-1, 1-15 Holy Quran
Praise be to Allah
The cherisher & sustainer of
The world;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the day of Judgment
Thee do we worship,
And thine aid we seek
Show us the straight-way;
The way of those on whom
Thou hast bestowed the grace,
Thou whose (portion)
Is not wrath;
And who go not astray.

Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165423 Feb 27, 2013
4- Supreme success is that if lord almighty god make us success in the test of this world and include us in those, from whom He pleased and they carry His orders obeyed him as He ordained .than naturally enter us on the day of judgment in to Paradise or heaven where there will be no more any further toil and a believer will get every thing whatever he wishes. And rejecter will burn in hell fire for ever .

5-Sin is a sin and only way to repent before God that O God I had made mistake and did wrong with my self so Please God Allah the Almighty forgive me, So any one who sincerely repent and ask Allah to for give him Than Allah forgives him and make him deserve to enter in to paradise, So a sincere repent washes all the sin and than man includes one to whom Allah pleased and make them success. As such sin has no value if one really repents and asks Allah to forgive him.

6. 4-God is our Master and master of whole universe. He is one and only one, there is nothing like un to Him. This is our idea for Him, read.

7- Please read the para 4 with following,

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
No slumber can seize Him
In His presence except.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

Holy Quran S. 24 -35
Allah is the light
Of the heavens and earth.
The parable of His light
Is as if there were a niche
And with in it a lamp!
The lamp enclosed in glass;
The glass as it were
A brilliant star;
Lit from a blessed tree
An olive, neither of the east
Nor of the west.
Whose oil is well nigh
Luminous,
Though fire scarce touched it;
Light upon light !
Allah doth guide
Whom He will
To His light
Allah doth set for the parables
For men: and Allah
Doth no all things.

Please these are brief answers of your Questions.
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165424 Feb 27, 2013
WHO IS GOD (ALMIGHTY ALLAH)

Suppose one say this is a pen, while one who if reject the claim that is not pen. Than it is compulsory for that one who rejects the claim, should know the definition and meaning of the pen. Therefore, one has to accept or believe a God than that person should know the definition and meaning of God. Why I do not believe concept of God out of Islam, because of concept of God these people have is wrong.
Being Muslim it is my duty to give true and correct concept of God Almighty Allah. The best definition one can give of Allah (the Almighty God) it is mentioned in the Holy Quran Sura Ikhlas Ch: 112 which says
Allah is the absolute and eternal: He has no beginning, He has no end. He is the One who helps other people but does not require help, Allah the absolute and Eternal! He begets not nor is He begotten: He has not father and mother. He has got no children, no begotten children. And there is nothing unto him like in this world: There is nothing comparable to him in this world. Surah 112: The moment you can compare Allah any one, He is not Allah. If any one who claim to be God Almighty if he fits above definition we Muslim have got no objection to accept him as God Almighty.
Admittedly Jesus P.B.U.H was the mightiest messenger of Allah. He born miraculously and cured the lepers, blinds and did other miracles with permission of Allah. However Jesus too, does not fit in the above Quranic definition. Jesus was born with flesh and bones. He also required food to live like other human being, even otherwise he never unequivocally claim as God or ask his followers to worship him as a God. He never claims divinity, or any word trinity, existed in bible. Apostle Jesus P.B.U.H being mightiest messenger of Allah came only for Jews, and for that period as same is evident from bible. He had come for the last sheep of Israel.

But amazingly Christians from there own self raised him on a status of God Almighty, That is why Jesus P.B.U.H on his second coming to this world clearly would reject his those followers who worship him as God, According to Gospel in Second coming of Jesus his followers would gather and say to him O! Master, O! Master we did wonders and miracles to thy name but Jesus reject them saying, O! Man of in equity I do not know ye and identify ye go away and depart from me.

Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165425 Feb 27, 2013
Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) is being started, from page 33 of topix this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located.So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam.

Location hidden

#165426 Feb 28, 2013
Mengal wrote:
4- Supreme success is that if lord almighty god make us success in the test of this world and include us in those, from whom He pleased and they carry His orders obeyed him as He ordained .than naturally enter us on the day of judgment in to Paradise or heaven where there will be no more any further toil and a believer will get every thing whatever he wishes. And rejecter will burn in hell fire for ever .
5-Sin is a sin and only way to repent before God that O God I had made mistake and did wrong with my self so Please God Allah the Almighty forgive me, So any one who sincerely repent and ask Allah to for give him Than Allah forgives him and make him deserve to enter in to paradise, So a sincere repent washes all the sin and than man includes one to whom Allah pleased and make them success. As such sin has no value if one really repents and asks Allah to forgive him.
6. 4-God is our Master and master of whole universe. He is one and only one, there is nothing like un to Him. This is our idea for Him, read.
7- Please read the para 4 with following,
Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
No slumber can seize Him
In His presence except.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).
Holy Quran S. 24 -35
Allah is the light
Of the heavens and earth.
The parable of His light
Is as if there were a niche
And with in it a lamp!
The lamp enclosed in glass;
The glass as it were
A brilliant star;
Lit from a blessed tree
An olive, neither of the east
Nor of the west.
Whose oil is well nigh
Luminous,
Though fire scarce touched it;
Light upon light !
Allah doth guide
Whom He will
To His light
Allah doth set for the parables
For men: and Allah
Doth no all things.
Please these are brief answers of your Questions.
You are mus-guided by the scripture in the Quran.
The forgiveness of mans sins is not based on the righteousness of man doing good works.
secondly mans sins are not forgivable by God.
For God is Holy and pure and free from sin.
No one comes to God except through Jesus Christ.
Muslims are screwed by Muhammad.
Muhammad rejected Gods Son Jesus Christ.
That means Muslims have no mediator between God and them.
That means Muslims are shut out from God.
The Muslim Allah god is Muhammad's own created god.

"You heard that I said to you,‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,'" (John 14:28).

Jesus said the Father was greater than He not because Jesus is not God, but because Jesus was also a man and as a man he was in a lower position. He was "... made for a little while lower than the angels ..." (Heb. 2:9). Also in Phil. 2:5-8, it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men ..."

Jesus has two natures. Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man. As a man, he was in a lesser position than the Father. He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9). He became a man to die for the sins people.

Only through excepting Jesus Christ as Gods Son can anyone be received by God the Father.

To get to God the Father, Muslims must first accept Jesus, the Son of God as the mediator between God and man.
The Quran holy book scripture is worthless.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#165427 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are mus-guided by the scripture in the Quran.
The forgiveness of mans sins is not based on the righteousness of man doing good works.
"You heard that I said to you,‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,'" (John 14:28).
Jesus said the Father was greater than He not because Jesus is not God, but because Jesus was also a man and as a man he was in a lower position. He was "... made for a little while lower than the angels ..." (Heb. 2:9). Also in Phil. 2:5-8, it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men ..."
Jesus has two natures. Jesus was not denying that He was God. He was merely acknowledging the fact that He was also a man. Jesus is both God and man. As a man, he was in a lesser position than the Father. He had added to Himself human nature (Col. 2:9). He became a man to die for the sins people.
Only through excepting Jesus Christ as Gods Son can anyone be received by God the Father.
To get to God the Father, Muslims must first accept Jesus, the Son of God as the mediator between God and man.
Thanks for the hilarious post.

And today's classic was: "secondly mans sins are not forgivable by God."

And this uncut, I mean crude gem from you: "No one comes to God except through Jesus Christ."

Looks like Jesus is the back door, I mean rear entrance.

You added: "Jesus has two natures."

Wrong! Can you make that three natures and add this one? Jesus was an animal, a 100% lamb.

Of course, the Father is greater and Jesus was a lot smaller.

Now the mother of all questions *****:

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE WORD FATHER APPEAR IN THE TANAKH KNOWN AS THE JEWISH HOLY SCRIPTURES?

Please do not give me the number from your Christian Bible.
bmz

Location hidden

#165428 Feb 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to the sacrement of Reconciliation and have no need to confess to you who can do nothing for me. It was through Jesus' death and resurrection that my sins can now be forgiven.
The Holy Spirit has not left me, I am a temple of the Holy Spirit.
You said the holy spirit is the mother of allah's three daughters, so is that why you think he left me?
You had said that he died for your sins and crimes.

I just want to know what were your sins and crimes that you committed, and the poor man had to pay for your crimes through his nose and throat.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165429 Feb 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to know what were your sins and crimes that you committed, and the poor man had to pay for your crimes through his nose and throat.
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. If you say you have no sins you are a liar. Jesus died for your sins and now gives you an opportunity to be saved. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and be baptized, by the authority of Jesus' Name, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Mengal

Quetta, Pakistan

#165430 Feb 28, 2013
who="Shamma"]<quo ted text>You are mus-guided by the scripture in the Quran.

Mengal

Shamma Dear is not this amazing that you are still cling a view which has been thrown out by Seventy(70) eminent scholars belonging of different sects of Christianity,being interpolation addition and distortion from Bible, as see the now king version of Bible, please do not argue about a religion who being distorted make Atheist of his followers in Millions and Millions,every prudent person or human know what be a relation of creator of universe to a man, how you stupidly saying or attributing a son to Majesty of God, Come and ask this from any grazer of goat i.e an illiterate even from a half-unsound man out of the Christianity, He immediately tell you that you are mad man does not understand and see what will be the relations of man with majesty or creator of universe. please if you are hat Islam that is your job but please do not plead Christianity and a foolish thought.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165431 Feb 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How does bowing down to mecca, kissing a stone or worshiping mohammad save you?

Location hidden

#165432 Feb 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the hilarious post.
And today's classic was: "secondly mans sins are not forgivable by God."
And this uncut, I mean crude gem from you: "No one comes to God except through Jesus Christ."
Looks like Jesus is the back door, I mean rear entrance.
You added: "Jesus has two natures."
Wrong! Can you make that three natures and add this one? Jesus was an animal, a 100% lamb.
Of course, the Father is greater and Jesus was a lot smaller.
Now the mother of all questions *****:
HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE WORD FATHER APPEAR IN THE TANAKH KNOWN AS THE JEWISH HOLY SCRIPTURES?
Please do not give me the number from your Christian Bible.
I am laughing very hard at your attempt to justify your ignorance.

Is the Muslim god Allah one person?
Explain your Muslim God?

bmz

Location hidden

#165433 Feb 28, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. If you say you have no sins you are a liar. Jesus died for your sins and now gives you an opportunity to be saved. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and be baptized, by the authority of Jesus' Name, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Just wanted to know what your sins were that had the poor man killed.

Such statements as "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.", can come only from men, who have sinned and are known as self-loathing sinners.

One does not have to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Jesus is a nobody, when we think of the LORD Almighty God Allah.

There is neither any Lord nor any Savior besides the LORD. That was declared directly by the LORD.

Either the LORD Almighty God is a liar or Jesus is a big time liar. Your choice! Choose one wisely.
bmz

Location hidden

#165434 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I am laughing very hard at your attempt to justify your ignorance.
Is the Muslim god Allah one person?
Explain your Muslim God?
God is not a person. No one has seen God. God is the LORD of the Universe and the Creator.

For us, it is: "There is only one God Almighty"

For you, it is: "There is only one Godhead."

Now, write the following line fifty times:

"There is only one God."

Can you write that?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165435 Feb 28, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>NO! You attacked my message without understanding the moral value it contained in my post to rabbee.
And you still don't understand it.
You attack my post in ignorance of the message it contains.
For instance: your "What if " question was questioning the moral truth of what I posted.
And I replied; Your "what if" question was poorly conceived in your mind.
You didn't consider my characterization of God being "love" to be true.
You volunteered the what if, not me.

Of course I questioned your characterizations, they have no evidentiary basis. Just because your "Bible" says so, is not objective evidence.

None of that has anything to do with moral foundations. I didnt say you were a bad person, or that you acted evil. Though I suppose lying could be construed as bad moral behavior.

Dont call me ignorant. I am not the one who can not prove the veracity of my theosophical statements.
thennian

Howell, MI

#165436 Feb 28, 2013
i learned in history class that nobody actually believed mohamad and was just using him for political gain and money from his trading skills.

and that is wy i don't take islam seriously..
thennian

Howell, MI

#165437 Feb 28, 2013
the founders of Islam are not even Muslim..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb 24 Pretty Pharts 12
Fossilised tooth Feb 10 Navigator 1
News 700-year-old poop found, still reeks (Apr '14) Feb 8 Ancient Phart 27
News Aglukkaq re-announces Franklin Centre for Gjoa ... Feb 7 stand on guard 4 ... 1
News The struggle to preserve Gaza's treasures (Feb '11) Jan '17 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 2
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Jan '17 Wally Hope 4
News Obama names Utah, Nevada monuments despite oppo... Dec '16 Off Topic 5
More from around the web