That poor man could not find many educated, intelligent, courageous, honest, proficient students!<quoted text>
And that is why Jesus built His Catholic Church upon St Peter.(sarcasm)
St Peter was a leader of Jesus' Catholic Church as once more we can see in Acts 15.
The First pope was:
- A coward (fled at first sign of trouble)
- A liar (denied the poor teacher several times)
- Incompetent fisherman (relied on teacher's miracles to catch fish!)
- Terrible warrior (chops off ear of defenceless temple servants)
- Immodest ( hangs around naked fishing)
- Uneducated (clueless)
- Satan (The teacher himself called him by that name)
- More bothered about this world than the hereafter (The teacher himself accused him of this)
Yes, a great "church"(pagan temple) rock and an honest key holder of "heaven" (heel in reality)?