Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,756)

Showing posts 155,101 - 155,120 of198,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't allah save mohammad from the poison his enemies feed him?
Jesus was struggling to get his mission going. It risked being a total failure. He was saved from a disgraceful ending.
Holy Prophet Muhammed accomplished his task including saving Jesus by stopping 2billion people from accidentally worshipping him and making him a bigger sinner!
A human HAS to die.
You are a foolish person.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.givingananswer.org/articles/deityi...
Read it Alex.
Or do you want me to post the full article on this forum so other Muslims can read it too?
You have been proven wrong!
I really don't need your links skeptic.

I know....

By saying that a man is your "lord god almighty" you clearly display your trust in your lord of the demons of hell!!

Get this: Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. That should be enough for any person with a brain!

John 8:24....may be referring to something simple..."if you do not believe that I am that messenger/prophet/messiah, you risk committing sin"

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't need your links skeptic.
I know....
By saying that a man is your "lord god almighty" you clearly display your trust in your lord of the demons of hell!!
Get this: Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. That should be enough for any person with a brain!
John 8:24....may be referring to something simple..."if you do not believe that I am that messenger/prophet/messiah, you risk committing sin"
No! Alex refusing to look at the facts shows you are not interested in knowing the truth.

You prefer acting like an idiot.
Posting questing you don't want answers too.

You are what I call Alex, "a big mouth shit-the pants Muslim"
You shit all over these forums Alex with your posting that you don't want answers too.

And when you are given answers to your post, you shit some more Alex in refusing to read them.

But I love you Alex, for being the "Shit the Pants" poster image for the Muslims.

You express the true "Shit the Pants" image of Muslims.
Alex123 aka WM

Dagenham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..!!
If that is solid evidence then you don't know what you are talking about.
I was involved in that work.
Nope it is no evidence boy but "blind hope".
So please shut up.
I was not just involved in the work of the Shroud of Turin, I created it and left my signature on the right corner of it so that no one will claim my masterpeice as its own. lol
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a stretch to call Hughbe anything but an expert on preoccupation and repression. He is so obviously gay, but can not come to terms with it because of his literalist religion.
<quoted text>
TMI
though now you have an opportunity to act on that
I like your comments and I found them funny.

Much love HughBe

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron....
When did Jesus say "I died on the cross and now I have risen from the grave"
Show some scriptural evidence or shut up.
Read it Alex.
Or do you want me to post the full article on this forum so other Muslims can read it too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was struggling to get his mission going. It risked being a total failure. He was saved from a disgraceful ending.
Holy Prophet Muhammed accomplished his task including saving Jesus by stopping 2billion people from accidentally worshipping him and making him a bigger sinner!
A human HAS to die.
Read it Alex.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
BJ the naked man?
Read it Alex.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

JOEL wrote:
Given my striking good looks and tremendous poise, I am God's gift to girls and gays.
Hugh dear, where art thou?
(smiles)
I am here dear and I am not seeing the link between your opening sentence and your question.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
A human HAS to die.
rabbee: well the truth is, in a world of all liars. the struggle is going to be, much greater refusing to lie. but the fact is, you have all failed TheGan Eden entrance exam again. and because you have all failed, does not constitute my being the total failure that you all are. when a lie is always, a wrong answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

There are those who deny the Deity of Christ. Of those, there are some who believe in the inerrant Word of God, yet allege that Jesus Himself never claimed to be God. Those who would make such a claim are simply wrong. Either they have never read the New Testament or simply refuse to acknowledge the abundance of evidence of Jesus’ claims of Divinity.

Jesus certainly did claim to be God; both indirectly and directly. The scope of this study will be on the Gospel of John and deal with the direct saying of Jesus as recorded by His apostle John.
Indirect References to Deity

The Gospel of John is full of saying of Jesus in which He indirectly claims Divinity. Of these are His sayings regarding His authority over temporal life and death, His authority over eternal life, His heavenly origin, His claims to be the Messiah, His power to forgive sins, the titles of Divinity He claimed for Himself, His authority over the Holy Spirit, and His equality with the Father.
Power over Life and Death

God is life itself.
All living things owe their existence to Him and Him alone.“God created ... every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds”(Gen. 1:21). God told the Israelites in a song that He Himself wrote “I put to death and I bring to life”(Deut. 32:39). Nehemiah writes “You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you”(Neh. 9:6).

Jesus’ claims over life.
How can anyone have power of life and death but God? There are instances of prophets of God in both the Old and New Testaments who raised the dead, but in all instances it was God working through the prophet. The prophet had no power of life and death. No prophet ever even suggested such a thing. Jesus however did claim authority over life and death. When the Jews demanded a miraculous sign, Jesus replied “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days”(John 2:19). John then says “But the temple he had spoken of was his body”(John 2:21). Notice here that Jesus said I will raise it. Jesus is claiming to have the power to raise the dead.
Jesus claims this power in a number of other passages in the Book of John. In John 5:21, Jesus says “For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.” Jesus could not possibly be clearer about His power to raise the dead; He claims the power to raise whomever He wishes. He reiterates this again in John 10:17-18,“The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” So Jesus claims the authority over both life and death.
Authority over Eternal Life
Not only did Jesus claim authority over temporal life, He also claimed authority over eternal life. Jesus told the woman at the well “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”(John. 4:13-14). He also told a large crowd “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”(John 6:40). Here Jesus is telling the crowd that their eternal destiny is in His hands. Notice here that Jesus did not say “My Father will raise him up,” instead He says I will raise him up.
We find further support for Jesus’ authority over eternal life in the words He told Martha after Lazarus died,“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die”(John 11:25-26). So Jesus has authority over this life and the life to come.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Alex refusing to look at the facts shows you are not interested in knowing the truth.
You prefer acting like an idiot.
Posting questing you don't want answers too.
You are what I call Alex, "a big mouth shit-the pants Muslim"
You shit all over these forums Alex with your posting that you don't want answers too.
And when you are given answers to your post, you shit some more Alex in refusing to read them.
But I love you Alex, for being the "Shit the Pants" poster image for the Muslims.
You express the true "Shit the Pants" image of Muslims.
skeptic...
This is not about me, but about your DELUSION.

PROVE to me that Jesus is your god!

Don't give me ANY links.

Just show me the verses from your holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am GOD, I have come in human form to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

If you can't show a CLEAR statement from Jesus please move on.
Thank you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking the wrong guy here. That inquiry should rightfully be directed to the Jamaican who specializes in that topic.
Joel---When I was 3 or 4, I got an erection as my nanny massaged me with oil and I made it a point to caress my erect dick in her presence and wanted her to hold it and massage it with the oil that she was rubbing over my body. Luckily, I was clothed in tiny shorts at that time. She was aware of my arousal and laughed away.

What do you have to SAY about this sexual awakening that I had at age 3 or 4?

Frijoles---You are asking the wrong guy here. That inquiry should rightfully be directed to the Jamaican who specializes in that topic.

HughBe--- Correct, dear Frijoles and as you know I specialize in Vaginal sex.

Now, for your information and to answer Joel's question it is called NORMALCY. Joel was NORMAL. No one had to tell him to get a ROOSTER stand, it happened naturally.

Had the woman engaged him chances are Joel would have feathered her. In other words he would not still be a virgin today and this is a condition I am hoping will be corrected soon.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it Alex.
Dear Skeptic!
Why don't you understand that God is not an author of confusion?

PROVE to me that Jesus is your god!

Don't give me ANY links.

Don't give me pages of garbage.

Just show me the verses from your Holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am your GOD, I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

If you can't show a CLEAR statement from Jesus please move on.

Thank you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I sprayed my tea.
lol! When you were 3 or 4? Man, you must have been SOME kid.
JOEL wrote----I still remember in vivid detail that first sexual arousal when I was 3 or 4.

BMZ--Oh, I sprayed my tea.

lol! When you were 3 or 4? Man, you must have been SOME kid.

HughBe--- a NORMAL kid

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Try fulfilling the need to respect the dignity of person hood of those you disagree with.
Stop spamming us with your religious beliefs and just maybe I'll get around to the respect part
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
... His claims to be the Messiah, His power to forgive sins, the titles of Divinity He claimed for Himself, His authority over the Holy Spirit, and His equality with the Father.

..... When the Jews demanded a miraculous sign, Jesus replied “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days”(John 2:19).
John then says “But the temple he had spoken of was his body”(John 2:21). Notice here that Jesus said I will raise it. Jesus is claiming to have the power to raise the dead.

.....Authority over Eternal Life..
.... Jesus told the woman at the well “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”(John. 4:13-14).
You continue to prove to me that you are a gullible peasant!
You are coming up with utter nonsense and now raising a question about Mar, Matt and Luke that were written long before John written by a bunch of conmen around 100+ years after Jesus.

I have asked you to produce proof and what do you do? come up with rubbish.

Does Jesus make this claim?

"I am your GOD, I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

A RESOUNDING NO!!!!

Why didn't the synoptic gospels remember to tell us Jesus was god?
About his claim to be messiah, that is what we would expect him to claim. who told you that the Jews were expecting god to turn up as messiah? you have been misinformed here.

About forgiving sins..why did he not forgive all sins instead of dangling off a pole?lol...

There was no equality with God. The synoptic gospels make it abundantly clear that he was indeed a servant of God.

No wonder the jews laughed at him when he told them to destroy the temple. If they didn't believe him, he could have destroyed and rebuilt i to show them! They knew BJ was talking rubbish...and more importantly these are insertions and interpolations of "john". All you have is "john"!!
He was making a sexual proposal to the poor lonely woman at the well. READ it again and you will find that it is offer to drink each other's sexual fluids.

Now be gone.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol........
You don't know he is god!!
You THINK that he is god because you are VER deluded.
Jesus NEVER told a single soul that he was god.
That would have been a huge sin sending him straight to hell without stopping to collect £200 when passing "GO".
Jesus is God the second person of the Most Holy Trinity!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey idiotic person...please name the disciples who survived st killer paul's onslaught?
The REAL disciples of Jesus were not clowns. They were men of God who accepted Jesus as Messiah. They did NOT try to change Judaism besides accepting Jesus as the expected Messiah!!
The cooked up disciples that you talk about are very shady characters.
When did any REAL disciple say "Jesus is God"?
Who worshipped Jesus among his disciples?
You do talk rubbish.
Jesus' disciples were all Jews and they spread His Word throughout the world and even to the gentiles. Praise be our Lord and God Jesus the Christ!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron....
When did Jesus say "I died on the cross and now I have risen from the grave"
Show some scriptural evidence or shut up.
Because you are a fundi muslim, does not mean everyone is a buffoon. The Holy Bible itself says not everything Jesus said and did was written down, in fact if they were the whole world probably could not contain the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,101 - 155,120 of198,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
Great Circle dig wowing archaeologists Jun 30 Duke for Mayor 3
Remains of ancient child reburied in Montana Jun 29 Quiet Transplant 2
Relics: Modern Heuristics Jun 19 Abishai100 1
•••
•••