Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 204,013

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165211 Feb 25, 2013
There are those who deny the Deity of Christ. Of those, there are some who believe in the inerrant Word of God, yet allege that Jesus Himself never claimed to be God. Those who would make such a claim are simply wrong. Either they have never read the New Testament or simply refuse to acknowledge the abundance of evidence of Jesus’ claims of Divinity.

Jesus certainly did claim to be God; both indirectly and directly. The scope of this study will be on the Gospel of John and deal with the direct saying of Jesus as recorded by His apostle John.
Indirect References to Deity

The Gospel of John is full of saying of Jesus in which He indirectly claims Divinity. Of these are His sayings regarding His authority over temporal life and death, His authority over eternal life, His heavenly origin, His claims to be the Messiah, His power to forgive sins, the titles of Divinity He claimed for Himself, His authority over the Holy Spirit, and His equality with the Father.
Power over Life and Death

God is life itself.
All living things owe their existence to Him and Him alone.“God created ... every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds”(Gen. 1:21). God told the Israelites in a song that He Himself wrote “I put to death and I bring to life”(Deut. 32:39). Nehemiah writes “You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you”(Neh. 9:6).

Jesus’ claims over life.
How can anyone have power of life and death but God? There are instances of prophets of God in both the Old and New Testaments who raised the dead, but in all instances it was God working through the prophet. The prophet had no power of life and death. No prophet ever even suggested such a thing. Jesus however did claim authority over life and death. When the Jews demanded a miraculous sign, Jesus replied “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days”(John 2:19). John then says “But the temple he had spoken of was his body”(John 2:21). Notice here that Jesus said I will raise it. Jesus is claiming to have the power to raise the dead.
Jesus claims this power in a number of other passages in the Book of John. In John 5:21, Jesus says “For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.” Jesus could not possibly be clearer about His power to raise the dead; He claims the power to raise whomever He wishes. He reiterates this again in John 10:17-18,“The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.” So Jesus claims the authority over both life and death.
Authority over Eternal Life
Not only did Jesus claim authority over temporal life, He also claimed authority over eternal life. Jesus told the woman at the well “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”(John. 4:13-14). He also told a large crowd “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”(John 6:40). Here Jesus is telling the crowd that their eternal destiny is in His hands. Notice here that Jesus did not say “My Father will raise him up,” instead He says I will raise him up.
We find further support for Jesus’ authority over eternal life in the words He told Martha after Lazarus died,“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die”(John 11:25-26). So Jesus has authority over this life and the life to come.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165212 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Alex refusing to look at the facts shows you are not interested in knowing the truth.
You prefer acting like an idiot.
Posting questing you don't want answers too.
You are what I call Alex, "a big mouth shit-the pants Muslim"
You shit all over these forums Alex with your posting that you don't want answers too.
And when you are given answers to your post, you shit some more Alex in refusing to read them.
But I love you Alex, for being the "Shit the Pants" poster image for the Muslims.
You express the true "Shit the Pants" image of Muslims.
skeptic...
This is not about me, but about your DELUSION.

PROVE to me that Jesus is your god!

Don't give me ANY links.

Just show me the verses from your holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am GOD, I have come in human form to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

If you can't show a CLEAR statement from Jesus please move on.
Thank you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#165213 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking the wrong guy here. That inquiry should rightfully be directed to the Jamaican who specializes in that topic.
Joel---When I was 3 or 4, I got an erection as my nanny massaged me with oil and I made it a point to caress my erect dick in her presence and wanted her to hold it and massage it with the oil that she was rubbing over my body. Luckily, I was clothed in tiny shorts at that time. She was aware of my arousal and laughed away.

What do you have to SAY about this sexual awakening that I had at age 3 or 4?

Frijoles---You are asking the wrong guy here. That inquiry should rightfully be directed to the Jamaican who specializes in that topic.

HughBe--- Correct, dear Frijoles and as you know I specialize in Vaginal sex.

Now, for your information and to answer Joel's question it is called NORMALCY. Joel was NORMAL. No one had to tell him to get a ROOSTER stand, it happened naturally.

Had the woman engaged him chances are Joel would have feathered her. In other words he would not still be a virgin today and this is a condition I am hoping will be corrected soon.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165215 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.givingananswer.org/articles/deityi...
Read it Alex.
Or do you want me to post the full article on this forum so other Muslims can read it too?
You have been proven wrong!
Dear Skeptic!
Why don't you understand that God is not an author of confusion?

Don't give me ANY links.

Don't give me pages of garbage.

Just show me the verses from your Holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am your GOD, I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

Thank you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#165216 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I sprayed my tea.
lol! When you were 3 or 4? Man, you must have been SOME kid.
JOEL wrote----I still remember in vivid detail that first sexual arousal when I was 3 or 4.

BMZ--Oh, I sprayed my tea.

lol! When you were 3 or 4? Man, you must have been SOME kid.

HughBe--- a NORMAL kid

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165217 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Try fulfilling the need to respect the dignity of person hood of those you disagree with.
Stop spamming us with your religious beliefs and just maybe I'll get around to the respect part
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165218 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
... His claims to be the Messiah, His power to forgive sins, the titles of Divinity He claimed for Himself, His authority over the Holy Spirit, and His equality with the Father.

..... When the Jews demanded a miraculous sign, Jesus replied “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days”(John 2:19).
John then says “But the temple he had spoken of was his body”(John 2:21). Notice here that Jesus said I will raise it. Jesus is claiming to have the power to raise the dead.

.....Authority over Eternal Life..
.... Jesus told the woman at the well “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”(John. 4:13-14).
You continue to prove to me that you are a gullible peasant!
You are coming up with utter nonsense and now raising a question about Mar, Matt and Luke that were written long before John written by a bunch of conmen around 100+ years after Jesus.

I have asked you to produce proof and what do you do? come up with rubbish.

Does Jesus make this claim?

"I am your GOD, I have come in human form as my own son to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!

A RESOUNDING NO!!!!

Why didn't the synoptic gospels remember to tell us Jesus was god?
About his claim to be messiah, that is what we would expect him to claim. who told you that the Jews were expecting god to turn up as messiah? you have been misinformed here.

About forgiving sins..why did he not forgive all sins instead of dangling off a pole?lol...

There was no equality with God. The synoptic gospels make it abundantly clear that he was indeed a servant of God.

No wonder the jews laughed at him when he told them to destroy the temple. If they didn't believe him, he could have destroyed and rebuilt i to show them! They knew BJ was talking rubbish...and more importantly these are insertions and interpolations of "john". All you have is "john"!!
He was making a sexual proposal to the poor lonely woman at the well. READ it again and you will find that it is offer to drink each other's sexual fluids.

Now be gone.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165219 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol........
You don't know he is god!!
You THINK that he is god because you are VER deluded.
Jesus NEVER told a single soul that he was god.
That would have been a huge sin sending him straight to hell without stopping to collect £200 when passing "GO".
Jesus is God the second person of the Most Holy Trinity!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165220 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey idiotic person...please name the disciples who survived st killer paul's onslaught?
The REAL disciples of Jesus were not clowns. They were men of God who accepted Jesus as Messiah. They did NOT try to change Judaism besides accepting Jesus as the expected Messiah!!
The cooked up disciples that you talk about are very shady characters.
When did any REAL disciple say "Jesus is God"?
Who worshipped Jesus among his disciples?
You do talk rubbish.
Jesus' disciples were all Jews and they spread His Word throughout the world and even to the gentiles. Praise be our Lord and God Jesus the Christ!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165221 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hey moron....
When did Jesus say "I died on the cross and now I have risen from the grave"
Show some scriptural evidence or shut up.
Because you are a fundi muslim, does not mean everyone is a buffoon. The Holy Bible itself says not everything Jesus said and did was written down, in fact if they were the whole world probably could not contain the book.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165222 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was struggling to get his mission going. It risked being a total failure. He was saved from a disgraceful ending.
Holy Prophet Muhammed accomplished his task including saving Jesus by stopping 2billion people from accidentally worshipping him and making him a bigger sinner!
A human HAS to die.
You are a foolish person.
Why didn't allah save mohammad from the poison his enemies feed him?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165223 Feb 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God the second person of the Most Holy Trinity!!!
Jesus told you, right?
Now please show it from the NT!!!
Stop lying.

You THINK that he is god because you are VERY deluded.
That would have been a huge sin sending him straight to hell without stopping to collect £200 when passing "GO".

Also the third person of your most holy trinity(HG) had to wait till the second person(BJ) returned before he could cast his spooky shadow on earth!!!
This means that the 2nd person(BJ) never had any third person(HG) in him!!!
Dreadful indeed that BJ had no HG in him!!!!
while the 3rd person is here the first person also is devoid of HG!!!
LOL...
You really are a clueless person...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165224 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..!!
If that is solid evidence then you don't know what you are talking about.
I was involved in that work.
Nope it is no evidence boy but "blind hope".
So please shut up.
The Shroud of Turin is solid evidence Jesus died and layed in the tomb before He gave Himself back life. There were also many witnesses to His death, resurrection and ascention into heaven.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165225 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was struggling to get his mission going. It risked being a total failure. He was saved from a disgraceful ending.
Holy Prophet Muhammed accomplished his task including saving Jesus by stopping 2billion people from accidentally worshipping him and making him a bigger sinner!
A human HAS to die.
You are a foolish person.
mohammad was a failure in being poisoned by his enemies and died. allah, mecca, Gabrial, the black stone, the three goddesses could not save him. He rotted in the grave.
John

Australia

#165226 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
skeptic...
This is not about me, but about your DELUSION.
Don't give me ANY links.
Just show me the verses from your holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am GOD, I have come in human form to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!
Thank you.
Oh no, this is about your DECEIT.
You push the sickest vilest cult in human history, the laughable bullshit of a self confessed raping murdering paedophile.
Then you drivel some crap about Christianity posting rubbish from the fake medieval "Gospel Of Barnabas".
Then you say prove that Jesus is God.
This is RELIGION moron. No religion can be proved, otherwise it would be science.
Of all the religions in the world, the only one that evokes horror and disgust is islam.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165227 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told you, right?
Now please show it from the NT!!!
Stop lying.
You THINK that he is god because you are VERY deluded.
Also the third person of your most holy trinity(HG) had to wait till the second person(BJ) returned before he could cast his spooky shadow on earth!!!
This means that the 2nd person(BJ) never had any third person(HG) in him!!!
Dreadful indeed that BJ had no HG in him!!!!
while the 3rd person is here the first person also is devoid of HG!!!
LOL...
You really are a clueless person...
The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us, and when she speaks God speaks.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#165228 Feb 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church is Immanuel, God with us, and when she speaks God speaks.
It is my hope that your post was meant to entertain.

regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165229 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Dear Joel, short answer would be "Christians(customers) have no idea of their own religion(product) and the Salesmen(Church) don't believe in their product"

Some post 19th century reasons:

- The ability to question the establishment and their belief system without being put to death.

- No time to worry about invisible gods while while chasing after visible gods - money/wealth, power, beauty, connection, film/sports/musical stars

- Science seems to offer the answers to some people in its own way
- The Church itself is lost without clear leadership ready to change course at a drop of a hat thus reflecting/confirming their past behaviour pattern. RC Church has been swamped by pedophiles.
Even as I write this we have lost our MOST SENIOR CATHOLIC Cardinal O'Brien for molesting priests!!! This is no longer shocking. We expect the Church to be totally corrupt. This perception cannot be changed.
- We know it's happening without being able to explain away the process
- Those who wish to cling to history are being overtaken by those who wish to embrace modernity.

- The Industrial revolution, the great sociological upheavals including the Communist revolutions have helped to quicken the pace of decline.

- There is no question that Church attendance has
declined by atleast 30% in Britain since 1980. Similar patterns can be seen in France, Belgium, Netherlands and others. The number of Europeans who are Catholic has around 33% since 1980.

- Backing/remaining silent on Nazis, Fascists and even Franco's oppressive regime in Spain
- Refusing to take action against the Irish pedophiles priests recently made sure that the Church remained a secretive and an oppressive force playing on an equally secretive and oppressive God who is very much to be feared.

- The acceptance today by the Christian establishment that it is a minority force compared with a few centuries ago when it dominated Europe and European way of life.

- More than 50% of UK, France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands say religion is not important to them. Even Governments are breaking official links with the faith that has been so closely linked to European history post 4th century conversion of Constantine.

- Even EU, while referring to "spiritual impulse" in Europe's "heritage", makes no mention of God or Christian heritage!
- Also the decline of "traditional" family, mobility of labour, sexual revolution, falling birth rates and several years of Communism in Eastern Europe have contributed to the decline.
- Catch22 situation where some “sects”/denominations refuse any form of "modernization" while others would do anything to increase the number of attendees, means...the "customer" is getting mixed signals. He takes the easy option...AVOID!

Thank you.
Thank you, dear Ex-Father.

What %age of the English are atheists or are simply uninterested in formal religion of any kind given the limitations, mumbo jumbo rituals and superstitions of faith and the failure of the prophets of all times to solve the problems facing humankind? This much is obvious that religious teachings, the rituals and the earth mission of all the prophets put together have been resounding failures. Besides, religion straitjackets the mind and pushes people into a dark hole of irrationality, sectarianism and violence. People have noticed all this and are staying away from religion. Please comment. How big is religion in, say, Italy, the seat of the Catholic Church?

Feel free to ignore this question.

Thank you.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165230 Feb 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my hope that your post was meant to entertain.
regards.
When the pope in union with the bishops binds or loses something on earth the matter is bond or loosed in heaven. In other words in this matter the Catholic Church is speaking for Immanuel, God with us. We can now say we are taught by God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165231 Feb 25, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- a NORMAL kid.
Your definition of normal is abnormal.

Male-female and male-male attraction are natural aspects of sexual orientation that are determined by personality factors.

Anal sex is damaging in man-woman and in man-man relationhsips as this rear act unbalances the spinal nerve currents leading to the brain centers as explained in my previous posts on the subject.

These days procreation is not such a big issue in view of the advent of modern technolgies that do away with the sexual act itself in order to produce offpring under controlled conditions in the lab.

The fact that this can be done now indicates a tremendous evolution of the mental grade of consciousness that till say a century or less ago would not have been possible.

Nature has at last unveiled via an act of evolution in the mental consciousness of human beings the way beyond the retrograde animalistic sexual method of procreation through invitro and cloning. Sexual reproduction, in most ways, serves as a catharsis or as a conduit for many of the most perverse personality traits in man-woman to be passed on to the zygote in activated form.

In the past, labels like normal or unnatural were in vogue owing to deficiency in the knowledge in the intellectual sphere that made people ignorant about the genetic basis of sexual orientation or for that matter about the genetic basis of any personality trait and the ignorance about lab methods of procreation sans sex made people rigid, myopic and biased.

Nature's gift in the form of modern technology has rendered the sexual act redundant where reproduction is concerned.

Evolution of consciousness in matter has taken humankind to greater intellectual heights.

The advanced yogis go far ahead in this respect where asexual reproduction is concerned and have been known to materialize a human being by simply calling down a psychic from the psychic plane and causing it to materialize in the womb or directly in the environment without need of directing it into a womb.

So, Mon, please be very careful with the usage of words like normal and the like since you're way behind in the reasoning/knowledge department and are still clinging like a limpet to warped ideas of personality based on stone age reasoning as found in your Bible and in backward Jamaica.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amphipolis tomb mosaic depicts abduction of Per... Oct 25 -Persephone- 2
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Oct 18 Old Pom 5
History is boring Oct 18 llortraob 1
AMPHIPOLlS (upd) Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Oct 12 Barnsweb 101
Israeli archaeologists find inscriptions of Aus... Oct 11 Stan Dandyliver 5
Paleolithic relics unearthed at China's Nihewan... Oct 5 RayH 1

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE