Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230762 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165236 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
skeptic...
This is not about me, but about your DELUSION.
PROVE to me that Jesus is your god!
Don't give me ANY links.
Just show me the verses from your holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am GOD, I have come in human form to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!
If you can't show a CLEAR statement from Jesus please move on.
Thank you.
Read my post Alec:
Claims Equality with God

Jesus puts Himself on the same level as God by directly associating Himself with the Father. This is demonstrated by claiming that He is due the same honor as the Father:“that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him”(John 5:23). Jesus even makes it clear that you cannot honor the Father unless you honor the Son. When Jesus comforts His disciples about His leaving, He tells them “If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” The inference is obvious; to know Jesus is to know God. Jesus even claims that all that belongs to God belongs to Him. Jesus tells His disciples “All that belongs to the Father is mine”(John 16:15).

Since no mere prophet would make these claims of Divinity, and since God would certainly not authenticated a message from a false prophet, the only explanation is that Jesus is God.
Direct References to Deity

In addition to the indirect claims of Deity, on a number of occasions Jesus directly claimed to be God. There is a clear example of this in John 8:58. In this instance, the Jews accused Jesus of being demon possessed for claiming that whoever keeps His commands “will never see death”(John 8:51). When the Jews mocked Him for claiming to be greater than Abraham, Jesus replied “‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered,‘before Abraham was born, I am!’” This was a direct claim to Divinity. This was a reference to the Old Testament when Moses asked God His name. God responded with “‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:“‘I AM has sent me to you’”(Ex. 3:14). So here Jesus is ascribing the very name of God to Himself. The Jews clearly understood exactly what Jesus was saying which is why “they picked up stones to stone him”(John 8:59).

This was not an isolated incident. Again in John 10:30 Jesus claims to be God when He told the Jews “I and the Father are one.” And again the implication was clear to the Jews who responded to Jesus’ statement by again trying to stone Him “for blasphemy,” they explained their attempt to stone Him by telling Him:“because you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33).

In yet another incident, the Jews persecuted Jesus for healing on the Sabbath. He told them “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working”(John 5:17). The Jews took this is a direct claim to be God. John records their response:“For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God”(John 5:18).

So we see that Jesus directly claimed to be God. His claims were not veiled in mystery, but open and clearly understood by those He addressed.

Location hidden

#165237 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
skeptic...
Don't give me ANY links.
Just show me the verses from your holy NT, where Jesus himself says "I am GOD, I have come in human form to die for the sins of gentiles on a roman cross. Through me and by believing in me you will have eternal life"!!!
Thank you.
Read my post Alex:
Claims Equality with God

Jesus puts Himself on the same level as God by directly associating Himself with the Father. This is demonstrated by claiming that He is due the same honor as the Father:“that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him”(John 5:23). Jesus even makes it clear that you cannot honor the Father unless you honor the Son. When Jesus comforts His disciples about His leaving, He tells them “If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” The inference is obvious; to know Jesus is to know God. Jesus even claims that all that belongs to God belongs to Him. Jesus tells His disciples “All that belongs to the Father is mine”(John 16:15).

Since no mere prophet would make these claims of Divinity, and since God would certainly not authenticated a message from a false prophet, the only explanation is that Jesus is God.

In addition to the indirect claims of Deity, on a number of occasions Jesus directly claimed to be God. There is a clear example of this in John 8:58. In this instance, the Jews accused Jesus of being demon possessed for claiming that whoever keeps His commands “will never see death”(John 8:51). When the Jews mocked Him for claiming to be greater than Abraham, Jesus replied “‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered,‘before Abraham was born, I am!’” This was a direct claim to Divinity. This was a reference to the Old Testament when Moses asked God His name. God responded with “‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:“‘I AM has sent me to you’”(Ex. 3:14). So here Jesus is ascribing the very name of God to Himself. The Jews clearly understood exactly what Jesus was saying which is why “they picked up stones to stone him”(John 8:59).

This was not an isolated incident. Again in John 10:30 Jesus claims to be God when He told the Jews “I and the Father are one.” And again the implication was clear to the Jews who responded to Jesus’ statement by again trying to stone Him “for blasphemy,” they explained their attempt to stone Him by telling Him:“because you, a mere man, claim to be God”(John 10:33).

In yet another incident, the Jews persecuted Jesus for healing on the Sabbath. He told them “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working”(John 5:17). The Jews took this is a direct claim to be God. John records their response:“For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God”(John 5:18).

Location hidden

#165238 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
skeptic...
Don't give me ANY links.
Thank you.
Read my post Alex:
Conclusion

Surely there can be no doubt that Jesus made numerous direct and indirect claims to be God. Indirectly He claimed His Divinity by claiming to be the Messiah. Old Testament writings make it clear that the Messiah is God. Jesus claimed to have authority over life and death. In fact He even claimed to be Life as well as the light of the world. He also claimed to be from heaven where He enjoyed the glory of the Father. He told His followers to honor Him just as they honor Father.

Jesus also made a number of direct claims to Deity. He claimed to be the God of the Old Testament by ascribing the sacred name “I AM” to Himself. He also claimed to be one with the Father. The audiences clearly understood that He was claiming to be God. John records that the Jews tried to stone Jesus on more than one occasion for the blasphemy of being equal to God.

Just from the Gospel of John alone the evidence is undeniable. Jesus claimed to be God in a number of passages, under a number of circumstances, to a number of different audiences. No one can read the Gospel of John and deny that Jesus absolutely considered Himself God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165239 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Good night.
I wish you well.
May you have sweet dreams of Jesus, the Son of God in your dreams.
I write so much about him that he comes quite frequently in my dreams.

However, the dreams are not sweet. We argue and reason. Sometimes he does not answer many questions I ask. Instead, he talks about other things, which are off-topic.

During one dream session, I asked Jesus , "Did you Jesus, son of my dearest mother Maryam, tell anyone that you were God or God in person?

Jesus replied, "BMZ, you are an intelligent man. I know you are well-read. It is a great pleasure to discuss with you and that is why I prefer to walk into your dreams.

BMZ, so many lies have been spread against me that I go no where else.

I did not even say openly that I was the messiah, so how could I have said such rubbish? I never made any absurd statement, BMZ."

I replied: "Jesus, truth will set them free one day and all of your misguided followers will return to the one true God of Abraham, whom you worshipped."

Jesus said, "Amen to that" and vanished.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#165240 Feb 25, 2013
Allah is the Muslim name for God and his messiah is called the Mahadi. Hindus and Buddhists also believe in a coming redeemer in the latter years which we are living in. This person (who I believe is God incarnate) will unite the righteous against the wicked. He is called Mashiach by the Jews and Antichrist by the Christians
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#165241 Feb 25, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-60

Chapter 126 Jesus sends his Disciples

Jesus having called together his disciples, sent them forth by two and two through the region of Israel, saying: "Go and preach even as you have heard." Then they bowed themselves and he laid his hand upon their heads, saying: "In the name of God, give health to the sick, cast out the demons, and undeceive Israel concerning me, telling them that which I said before the high priest."

They departed therefore, all of them save him who writes, with James ;and John;; and they went through all Judea, preaching penitence even as Jesus had told them, healing every sort of sickness, insomuch that in Israel were confirmed the words of Jesus that God is one and Jesus is prophet of God, when they saw such a multitude do that which Jesus did concerning the healing of the sick.

But the sons of the devil found another way to persecute Jesus, and these were the priests and the scribes. Whereupon they began to say that Jesus aspired to the monarchy over Israel. But they feared the common people, wherefore they plotted against Jesus secretly….

Chapter 127 Jesus in Temple

Jesus departed from the desert and entered into Jerusalem; whereupon all the people ran to the Temple to see him. So after the reading of the psalms Jesus mounted up on the pinnacle where the scribe used to mount, and, having beckoned for silence with his hand, he said : "Blessed be the holy name of God, O brethren, who has created us of the clay of the earth, and not of flaming spirit. For when we sin we find mercy before God, which Satan will never find, because through his pride he is incorrigible, saying that he is always noble, for that he is flaming spirit.

Have you heard, brethren, that which our father David says of our God, that he remembers that we are dust and that our spirit goes and returns not again, wherefore he has had mercy upon us? Blessed are they that know these words, for they will not sin against their Lord eternally, seeing that after the sin they repent, wherefore their sin abides not. Woe to them that extol themselves, for they shall be humbled to the burning coals of hell. Tell me, brethren, what is the cause for self-exaltation?

Is there, perhaps, any good here upon earth? No, assuredly, for as says Solomon, the prophet of God: "Everything that is under the sun is vanity." But if the things of the world do not give us cause to extol ourselves in our heart, much less does our life give us cause; for it is burdened with many miseries, since all the creatures inferior to man fight against us. O, how many have been slain by the burning heat of summer; how many have been slain by the frost and cold of winter; how many have been slain by lightning and by hail; how many have been drowned in the sea by the fury of winds; how many have died of pestilence, of famine, or because they have been devoured of wild beasts, bitten of serpents, choked by food!…

Note: Compare the words of Jesus here with those recorded in Canonical Gospels-MUQ

(Abridged)

Location hidden

#165242 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop spamming us with your religious beliefs and just maybe I'll get around to the respect part
This not spam.
Alex asked for this information.
You might do your self some good and read those post.
You might find Jesus is someone you may want to respect.
Respect and obedience to God is the teaching Jesus brought to every human being.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#165243 Feb 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Allah is the Muslim name for God and his messiah is called the Mahadi. Hindus and Buddhists also believe in a coming redeemer in the latter years which we are living in. This person (who I believe is God incarnate) will unite the righteous against the wicked. He is called Mashiach by the Jews and Antichrist by the Christians
Do not confuse Anti Christ with Messiah or Mehdi. Anti Christ is what is called Dajjal in Arabia.

What Messiah Hindus and Buddhists and Jews and Christians are waiting for , has already come into the world in the personality of prophet Mohammad, PBUH.

At the End of world, a great liar, called Anti Christ or Dajjal shall arise and shall create great mischief on the earth and to kill him, Jesus Christ shall return to earth.

At that time Mahdi would be the "leader" of Muslim army.

When Jesus return it would be end of Christianity as we know today, because he will reject his divinity, Trinity and Crucifixion, and resurrection and "born-again" etc. etc.

At that time, all world would be united into one religion which is the religion of Islam.

That shall happen very close to the end of times.....Allah knows best.
bmz

Singapore

#165244 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
It is evident you are unreachable and unteachable, and have a fear of coming to the knowledge of truth in your life.

What good is the good you propose if the good you propose brings harm to innocent people in the world?

Can you justify rape, robbery, and murder in the good you propose that brings harm to innocent people?

It is apparent being a Muhammadan you point to the evil done by others as justification for Muslims to commit acts of evil on them self and acts of evil on those that are of a different belief other than the beliefs Muslims.

But does the Muslim beliefs of an eye for and eye truly represent Gods belief of take no revenge, for Gods also says revenge is Mine?

{Pentateuch, Deuteronomy 32:35]
I am very receptive to truth but the problem is that neither the Church nor you have it. I have been teaching your own scripture to you for the last four years and you do not learn.

So, all can see that you are unteachable because lies have become Petra and truth for you.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" was given the LORD Almighty. It is not just Muslims' belief. That law civilized the world.

Jesus himself did not believe in turning the other cheek. When he was slapped, he asked, "Why did you strike me?" and did not turn the other cheek.

Location hidden

#165245 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I write so much about him that he comes quite frequently in my dreams.
However, the dreams are not sweet. We argue and reason. Sometimes he does not answer many questions I ask. Instead, he talks about other things, which are off-topic.
During one dream session, I asked Jesus , "Did you Jesus, son of my dearest mother Maryam, tell anyone that you were God or God in person?
Jesus replied, "BMZ, you are an intelligent man. I know you are well-read. It is a great pleasure to discuss with you and that is why I prefer to walk into your dreams.
BMZ, so many lies have been spread against me that I go no where else.
I did not even say openly that I was the messiah, so how could I have said such rubbish? I never made any absurd statement, BMZ."
I replied: "Jesus, truth will set them free one day and all of your misguided followers will return to the one true God of Abraham, whom you worshipped."
Jesus said, "Amen to that" and vanished.
You are a Muhammadan.
The words of God are meaningless to you.
You hero worship Muhammad to the point that Muhammad is your God.
Your faith is strong, but it is in the wrong person of Muhammad.
bmz

Singapore

#165246 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my post Alec:
Claims Equality with God
So we see that Jesus directly claimed to be God. His claims were not veiled in mystery, but open and clearly understood by those He addressed.
And here is the MasterBlaster, the Great Killer of all those silly and absurd claims made by ignorant fools. Read it and see how Jesus declares (not claims) that he is a LOWLY SERVANT OR SLAVE sent by God, the MOST HIGH.

The Master Blaster: "John 17:3 New International Version (NIV

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. "

John 17:3 destroys and pulverizes all false claims made by the Church fathers, who were minions of Satan.

All lies dismissed! Case closed!
bmz

Singapore

#165247 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are a Muhammadan.
The words of God are meaningless to you.
You hero worship Muhammad to the point that Muhammad is your God.
Your faith is strong, but it is in the wrong person of Muhammad.
I just narrated the exchange between Jesus and me, in my dreams. You can refute it if you can. Muhammad has nothing to with my dream chats with Jesus.
wawawee

Ajax, Canada

#165248 Feb 25, 2013
Instead of wasting your time arguing in a going nowhere debate, especially when the other side don't even have correct understanding of the religion of Islam. Hey, did you know that it means "peace" in arabic? or that there are a lot of facts from both the Quran and the ways of the prophet, peace be upon him, that have been proven with science? Religion is such a mess to get in to, so how bout we don't get into it.

A chapter from the Quran is translated as this:

Say: Oh you who disbelieve!
I worship not that which you worship.
Now will you worship whom I worship.
And I shall not worship that which you are worshiping.
Nor will you worship that which i worship.
To you be your religion, to me be mine.

Isn't that some nice piece of advice?
You follow what you follow and I'll follow what I follow. We are all people, and we will always have differences. So lets put the big ones (religion, politics, etc)aside and shake hands.

But alas, the logic of man is to be bull headed when it comes to someone being different than you.
wawawee

Ajax, Canada

#165249 Feb 25, 2013
NOR not now, my keybord is sticky :(

Location hidden

#165250 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very receptive to truth but the problem is that neither the Church nor you have it. I have been teaching your own scripture to you for the last four years and you do not learn.
So, all can see that you are unteachable because lies have become Petra and truth for you.
"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" was given the LORD Almighty. It is not just Muslims' belief. That law civilized the world.
Jesus himself did not believe in turning the other cheek. When he was slapped, he asked, "Why did you strike me?" and did not turn the other cheek.
No you are not capable of receiving truth.
You are in a mind state of denial of truth.

Your interpretations of the Bible is your own with out Spiritual Incidence from God.

What you read is what you discern with out relating to Gods commandments.

Every word God speaks must not contradict his laws given by Him to man.
And your interpretation of an eye for and eye contradicts Gods law.

God in setting up his laws for justice placed an eye for eye in the hands of the magistrates so that personal revenge if taken violates Gods Commandments.
For God said vengeance in mine protecting man from committing sin against God.

So your understanding of the Bible falls short.
This may help you to understand the Bible.
http://www.bibleserralta.com/EyeForAnEye.html

Location hidden

#165251 Feb 25, 2013
@ BMZ Correction- guidance
bmz

Singapore

#165252 Feb 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't allah save mohammad from the poison his enemies feed him?
Those are cock and bull stories like your gospel tales, Paul.

Location hidden

#165253 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just narrated the exchange between Jesus and me, in my dreams. You can refute it if you can. Muhammad has nothing to with my dream chats with Jesus.
Wrong!
Your mind is the mind of Muhammad that rejected Jesus as the Son of God.
You cannot get by those words dictated by Muhammad in the Quran that says God has no son.

The Quran and Muhammad are one in the same person.
bmz

Singapore

#165254 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Your mind is the mind of Muhammad that rejected Jesus as the Son of God.
You cannot get by those words dictated by Muhammad in the Quran that says God has no son.
Now tell me please how can you be considered receptive and teachable by anyone?
bmz

Singapore

#165255 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Did you base this stupid remark on the most absurd verse, "The Father and I are one", which is foolishly presented to mean "Jesus said, "The Father and I are the one and the same person"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Augustine 450 11 hr Saint Redeemed 16
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul '15 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
More from around the web