Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165177 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure those dreams are just the result of too much pizza before bedtime?
If eating pizza before bed time brings dreams of enlightenment of the glory of Jesus Christ in ones dreams, that is a good thing.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165178 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The way you present your self in your posting requires an analyses of your thinking.
So if you don't want to accept remarks about your thinking, don't post in the form that requires response to your thinking mind set.
Are you that ignorant not to understand that?
I said no need to reply

and yet you replied

Any other need you prefer me to fufill?

Location hidden

#165179 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
It is evident you are unreachable and unteachable, and have a fear of coming to the knowledge of truth in your life.
So I am unreachable and unteachable, and now BMZ is as well.

Notice the trend?

Definition of ARROGANCE

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Location hidden

#165180 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>If eating pizza before bed time brings dreams of enlightenment of the glory of Jesus Christ in ones dreams, that is a good thing.
or it simply just could be gas

I prefer the simplest explanation - usually the more truthful

Location hidden

#165181 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No -it cant be, NOT a progresssive liberal
anything OTHER than a progressive liberal
next thing we know we will have dancing
Dancing in expressing the joy of God in ones life is a good thing.
So if having dancing for that purpose comes that would be welcomed.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165182 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died. Right, Paul?
So, death got him and death was victorious, not Jesus. He failed. It would have been some victory if he had overcome death by not dying at all.
All humans and animals die. So did Jesus. What is the big deal?
If he were your Almighty God, then he should not have died at all. And death should not have even approached him.
Why didn't allah save mohammad from the poison his enemies feed him?
feel the truth

Los Angeles, CA

#165183 Feb 25, 2013
Allah is capricious.
Crime rates among Islam's followers are higher thanother beliefs. Such crimes as rape murder and drug related crimes follow Islam's growth in every city that holds it's people.
Unfortunately Islam is getting a demonic reputation over the actions of a few. Reason being that it's own "good" followers refuse to end this demonic activity from within.

Location hidden

#165184 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Dancing in expressing the joy of God in ones life is a good thing.
So if having dancing for that purpose comes that would be welcomed.
Why do you have to bring God into it? Cant you just dance for the sheer joy of it?

Location hidden

#165185 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So I am unreachable and unteachable, and now BMZ is as well.
Notice the trend?
Definition of ARROGANCE
: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions
Was that post to BMZ directed to you?
NO!
But since you seem to be offended by that post to BMZ, yes it may apply to you.

The definition of Arrogance you give can only be applied to those who are not humble enough to recognize their own misgivings and do criticize me for pointing that out to them.

I do recognize in you that you are immune to the persecution and murder of Christians for their beliefs.

your sense of moral understanding seems to be self centered on your own personal values.

That is exposed in your posting, the same as it is in the posting of BMZ.

So I question that as whether that is a correct moral conscience based on the dignity of person hood of being a human being.

Location hidden

#165186 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
or it simply just could be gas
I prefer the simplest explanation - usually the more truthful
What is the more truthful that you are referring too?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165187 Feb 25, 2013
JOEL wrote:
ALEX:
Dear Ex-Father,
Could you please highlight some of the salient reasons behind the decline of Christianity in Europe?
Thank you.
Dear Joel, short answer would be "Christians(customers) have no idea of their own religion(product) and the Salesmen(Church) don't believe in their product"

Some post 19th century reasons:
- The ability to question the establishment and their belief system without being put to death.
- No time to worry about invisible gods while while chasing after visible gods - money/wealth, power, beauty, connection, film/sports/musical stars
- Science seems to offer the answers to some people in its own way
- The Church itself is lost without clear leadership ready to change course at a drop of a hat thus reflecting/confirming their past behaviour pattern. RC Church has been swamped by pedophiles.
Even as I write this we have lost our MOST SENIOR CATHOLIC Cardinal O'Brien for molesting priests!!! This is no longer shocking. We expect the Church to be totally corrupt. This perception cannot be changed.
- We know it's happening without being able to explain away the process

- Those who wish to cling to history are being overtaken by those who wish to embrace modernity.

- The Industrial revolution, the great sociological upheavals including the Communist revolutions have helped to quicken the pace of decline.

- There is no question that Church attendance has
declined by atleast 30% in Britain since 1980. Similar patterns can be seen in France, Belgium, Netherlands and others. The number of Europeans who are Catholic has around 33% since 1980.

- Backing/remaining silent on Nazis, Fascists and even Franco's oppressive regime in Spain

- Refusing to take action against the Irish pedophiles priests recently made sure that the Church remained a secretive and an oppressive force playing on an equally secretive and oppressive God who is very much to be feared.

- The acceptance today by the Christian establishment that it is a minority force compared with a few centuries ago when it dominated Europe and European way of life.

- More than 50% of UK, France, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands say religion is not important to them. Even Governments are breaking official links with the faith that has been so closely linked to European history post 4th century conversion of Constantine.

- Even EU, while referring to "spiritual impulse" in Europe's "heritage", makes no mention of God or Christian heritage!

- Also the decline of "traditional" family, mobility of labour, sexual revolution, falling birth rates and several years of Communism in Eastern Europe have contributed to the decline.

- Catch22 situation where some “sects”/denominations refuse any form of "modernization" while others would do anything to increase the number of attendees, means...the "customer" is getting mixed signals. He takes the easy option...AVOID!

- Missionary work is unable to infiltrate the "ignorant" masses of third world because the third world is no longer "ignorant"!!

- Even here in England we can see a move away from “religion" towards “spirituality.” Which in turn also allows people to look into other religions that make more sense. Many are prepared to believe in God or some "external" spiritual power while unable to accept a man or an earthbound "deity". Established religious culture has been giving way to spontaneous popular culture.

- We need to accept that the Church in Europe has to its DEBIT centuries of violence and oppression of other cultures and its own uneducated/peasant adherents.

- Liberalisation of Europe means our views can be subjective with no real absolutes. This is in direct opposition to the the prescriptive “black and white” Church & Christianity.

- Decline in Europe has started to have an effect on other continents including America.

I may have left out loads of other reasons. But this iwll do for now.
Thank you.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165188 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well that Jesus wasn't recognized by his own people. Right?
Do you know the real reason why did your Jesus fail?
It was Tu Quoque that sank him, exactly the Tu Quoque, which you do every time.
Why did BJ refer to the "Gentiles" as Dogs and Pigs?
Because, he "knew" that many would start to blindly worship him instead of worshipping God!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165189 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Alex
So, it is confirmed that the Church and her writers did not obey Moses' Commandment in Deut 4:2, which says:
" Deuteronomy 4:2 New International Version (NIV)
"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
And they did not follow Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."
So, the Spirit was right about the perverts, who did that.
Yes indeed, brother.

By turning the "spirit" into an entity, they end up with more questions than answers:

Why was it necessary for BJ to go away so that the "holy" ghost could make an entry?

1. BJ was holding back the "holy" ghost which also means
2. BJ was devoid of the "holy" ghost!!!!!

***Also when "holy" ghost is here...the rest of the universe plus father and son are without it!!!

They do tie themselves in knots!
Salaams.
WM

Location hidden

#165190 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to bring God into it? Cant you just dance for the sheer joy of it?
I do enjoy dancing for just the fun of it.
I have taken dancing lessons to enjoy it even the more.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165191 Feb 25, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You trust in the Lord of the demons of hell.
Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty.
John 8:24. "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am he, you will die in your sin".
Ignorance is bliss shamma!

By saying that a man is your "lord god almighty" you clearly display your trust in your lord of the demons of hell!!

Get this: Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. That should be enough for any person with a brain!

John 8:24....may be referring to something simple..."if you do not believe that I am that messenger/prophet/messiah, you risk committing sin"

Big deal...

Location hidden

#165192 Feb 25, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I said no need to reply
and yet you replied
Any other need you prefer me to fufill?
Yes! Try fulfilling the need to respect the dignity of person hood of those you disagree with.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165193 Feb 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
He did tell the world; how do you think we know He is God; the second person of the Most Holy Trinity. Unlike islam, trapped in a 6th century book, dictated, supposedly, by an uneducated war lord, Christians have Emanuel, God with us, to teach us and call to mind all that Jesus had taught His disciples.
lol........
You don't know he is god!!
You THINK that he is god because you are VER deluded.
Jesus NEVER told a single soul that he was god.
That would have been a huge sin sending him straight to hell without stopping to collect £200 when passing "GO".

Location hidden

#165194 Feb 25, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss shamma!
By saying that a man is your "lord god almighty" you clearly display your trust in your lord of the demons of hell!!
Get this: Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. That should be enough for any person with a brain!
John 8:24....may be referring to something simple..."if you do not believe that I am that messenger/prophet/messiah, you risk committing sin"
Big deal...
http://www.givingananswer.org/articles/deityi...

Read it Alex.
Or do you want me to post the full article on this forum so other Muslims can read it too?
You have been proven wrong!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165195 Feb 25, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>"ISLAM is a peaceful Religion" or so say the world leaders.
I don't know enough about ISLAM to say that, but I can tell you that there can be no peace between Christians and Muslims.
The Christian GOD will not tolerate anyone who rejects Him.
... LOL.
Thank you for confirming that your "loving" christian god has no idea about mercy or forgiving!

Thank you for telling us that your god will NOT tolerate anyone who rejects him!

I thought your god died because he loved everybody ..and that he died willingly to show his "unconditional" love for humanity!!!

Oh well...now you are telling us that your god is a spiteful hate filled demon.
thank you for warning us.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165196 Feb 25, 2013
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>Well, look at the scoreboard.
Muslims are going to hell like flies, every time I turn on the news I see more Muslims have gone to Hell.
We are killing you like flies, your ALLAH is a weak coward who ran away to save his back side and left you Muslims to die at the hands of Christians.
Look at the Christian countries, we are free and prosperous. We come into your countries and take all your oil, gold and any other thing of value and as a thank you we poison the land and destroy your institutions and you become our slaves.
Any Muslim who stands up to stop us is quickly smoked out of his hiding hole.
So much for you weak and impotent ALLAH......
Thank you for admitting that your BJ god wants to KILL KILL and KILL..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accept offer. Citizens save £2B. Oct 20 YHWH Allah 2
News Why did Vikings have 'Allah' embroidered into f... Oct 17 Grassclipper 4
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... (Feb '16) Sep 29 Syriana 24
News Mystery Of How The Pyramids Were Built Has Been... Sep 26 NoGoBo 1
HELP - Searching for Archaeology Cartoon Sep '17 Kevin 1
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug '17 tongangodz 1,979
News Lost cities of the Midwest: A trek back to pre-... Jul '17 Von Zipper 7
More from around the web