Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,611

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165095 Feb 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
preaching present participle of preach (Verb)
Verb
Deliver a sermon or religious address to an assembled group of people, typically in church: "he preached to a large congregation".
Publicly proclaim or teach (a religious message or belief).
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3...
I prefer:
teach
[teech] Show IPA verb, taught, teach·ing, noun

verb (used with object)
to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in: She teaches mathematics. Synonyms: coach.

to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to: He teaches a large class. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.

verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.

noun
Informal. teacher.

I impart my knowledge of the Scriptures to teach the the text.

Though preaching at times may automatically follow.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165097 Feb 24, 2013
Buford,

Where are you?

Location hidden

#165098 Feb 24, 2013
Why do Christians say God has a Son in Jesus Christ?

Because that is what God Himself revealed to us in the Holy Bible.
Why did God reveal He has a Son?
Because God wanted to reveal his love for us through His Son Jesus Christ.

God the Father is invisible, no one has seen God the Father, except His Son Jesus.

The desire for God is written in the human heart, because we are created by God For God.
The dignity of man rest above all on the fact that we are called to communion with God.
This invitation to converse with God is addressed to man as soon as he comes into Being.
For as we exist, it is because God has created us through love,
and through love God continues to hold us in existence.
We cannot live fully according to truth unless we freely acknowledges that love of God and entrust our self to God.

But it would be impossible for God to have communion with us if God remained unknowable and invisible to us.

So by the Will of God, God brought forth His only Begotten Son, and through Jesus revealed Himself to us.

The Holy Trinity is the true God creator of the world.
By Gods Will God is a Holy Trinity.
Watch the video and learn the science behind the Trinity of God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165099 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I prefer:
teach
[teech] Show IPA verb, taught, teach·ing, noun
verb (used with object)
to impart knowledge of or skill in; give instruction in: She teaches mathematics. Synonyms: coach.
to impart knowledge or skill to; give instruction to: He teaches a large class. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.
verb (used without object)
to impart knowledge or skill; give instruction. Synonyms: inform, enlighten, discipline, drill, school, indoctrinate; coach.
noun
Informal. teacher.
I impart my knowledge of the Scriptures to teach the the text.
Though preaching at times may automatically follow.
Religion is not objective knowledge, therefore what you are doing is preaching. And not very well, we must add...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#165104 Feb 24, 2013
"All Members" of Holy or Un Holy Trinity are "found" in scripture, there is no doubt about it!!

But to make them as "One" never ever found in any Scripture!!

This is "invention" of Holy Church which "invented" this Holy Trinity and made is a fundamental part of belief even though it is not mentioned in Holy Bible.!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#165105 Feb 24, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-59

Chapter 124 Why God sends the books

Jesus answered in parable: "A man goes to fish with a net, and therein he catches many fishes, but those that are bad he throws away.' A man went forth to sow, but only the grain that falls on good ground bears seed.' Even so ought you to do, listening to all and receiving only the truth, seeing that the truth alone bears fruit to eternal life."

Then answered Andrew: "Now how shall the truth be known?" Jesus answered: "Everything that conforms to the Book of Moses, that receive you for true; seeing that God is one, the truth is one; whence it follows that the doctrine is one and the meaning of the doctrine is one; and therefore the faith is one. Truly I say to you that if the truth had not been erased from the Book of Moses, God would not have given to David our father the second.

And if the book of David had not been contaminated, God would not have committed the Gospel to me; seeing that the Lord our God is unchangeable, and has spoken but one message to all men. Wherefore, when the Messenger of God shall come, he shall come to cleanse away all wherewith the ungodly have contaminated my book."

Then answered he who writes: "O Master, what shall a man do when the Law shall be found contaminated and the false prophet shall speak?" Jesus answered: "Great is your question, O Barnabas; wherefore I tell you that in such a time few are saved, seeing that men do not consider their end, which is God.

As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, every doctrine that shall turn man aside from his end, which is God, is most evil doctrine. Wherefore there are three things that you shall consider in doctrine namely, love towards God, pity towards one's neighbour, and hatred towards yourself, who had offended God, and offends him every day. Wherefore every doctrine that is contrary to these three heads do you avoid, because it is most evil.

Note: This is the reason for sending one book after another- MUQ

Chapter 125 Acts to please only God

…And let him see to it that what the right hand shall give the left hand shall not know'. Because the hypocrites when they do alms desire to be seen and praised of the world. But truly they are vain, seeing that for whom a man works from him does he receive his wages. If, then, a man would receive anything of God, it behoves him to serve God.

And see that when you do alms, you consider that you are giving to God all that [you give] for love of God. Wherefore be not slow to give, and give of the best of that which you have, for love of God. Tell me, desire you to receive of God anything that is bad? Certainly not, O dust and ashes! Then how have you faith in you if you shall give anything bad for love of God?

It were better to give nothing than to give a bad thing; for in not giving you shall have some excuse according to the world: but in giving a worthless thing, and keeping the best for yourselves, what shall be the excuse? And this is all that I have to say to you concerning penitence." Barnabas answered: "How long ought penitence to last?" Jesus replied: "As long as a man is in a state of sin he ought always to repent and do penance for it. Wherefore as human life always sins, so ought it always to do penance; unless you would make more account of your shoes than of your soul, since every time that your shoes are burst you mend them."…

(Abridged)
Eric

Hoffman Estates, IL

#165106 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Read my post to Frijoles.
His post gave a link that opened up the works of Maimonides commentary on all the subjects on Jewish scripture.
His works clarified the beliefs of the Jews for the Jews.
From his commentaries, he is the one modern day Jews base their Scripture beliefs upon.
It is commentary that the Jews justify their belief that Jesus is not the Messiah.
He laid it all out in 13 commentaries.
But He goofed it.
He missed interpreted Genesis 49:1-33
It is in that prophecy the forbid the Jews from killing Jesus ander their law, for they didn't recognize that in Jesus shiloh had come.
Meaning the King of the Jews.
It was prophecy that shiloh would come before 70Ad, and Jesus came before 70Ad.
Oh please, the Jews having been denying that Jesus was the Messiah since---Jesus. Jews deny Jesus was the Messiah because---Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies. Moses Maimonides had nothing to do with it. He wrote on Talmudic law. He wrote on Torah compliance. Jesus not fulfilling the prophecies is a historic fact.

And, again, Moses Maimonides did not retranslate anything as you originally asserted. The scriptures remain unchanged. He but offered commentaries thereon, as you readily admit above.

Location hidden

#165107 Feb 24, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, the Jews having been denying that Jesus was the Messiah since---Jesus. Jews deny Jesus was the Messiah because---Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies. Moses Maimonides had nothing to do with it. He wrote on Talmudic law. He wrote on Torah compliance. Jesus not fulfilling the prophecies is a historic fact.
And, again, Moses Maimonides did not retranslate anything as you originally asserted. The scriptures remain unchanged. He but offered commentaries thereon, as you readily admit above.
He also wrote commentary defining a Jew under the covenant of which you accept as a Jew.
http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48929482.html

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#165108 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
I don't preach, I teach.
Some people are teachable, and some people are not.
I am always learning and seeking knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
For what is life without knowing thy self?
For what good am I in wanting to help others if I cannot help my self?
Please do not even teach. If you teach, people would run away from you.

I think it is more important that you help yourself first and learn how absurd are the teachings of Christianity. One does not need to seek knowledge, wisdom and understanding as there is none of those in Christianity.

Your job is to believe what you are told and what you are asked to read. You are not allowed to think and reflect at all in Christianity.

bmz

Singapore

#165109 Feb 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
BTW:
BMZ (SINGAPORE),
My sexy tummy lined with a thin layer of brownish hair is much better after consuming ajinomoto.
(smiles)
Glad to hear that.

Do not consume too much Ajinomoto. It is MSG, not good for health.

bmz

Singapore

#165110 Feb 24, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Ma.
(smiles)
On a more serious note, there are many parallels between the teachings of Jesus and the Vedas and at times direct lift-offs from Vedic literature - this is because Jesus preached a lot of Vedantic monism.
In the Quran, too, one finds a few direct verses taken from the Upanishads.
Now, there are 2 ways of answering the above remark about Jesus and his nondual Vedantic expositions:
1) Jesus lived in India as a youth and picked up Vedanta from the Indian sages, or
2) Jesus did not visit India but being a yogi his mystical experiences tallied with the mystical experiences of the Indian sages and so it should come as no surprise that many of Jesus' deeper teachings correspond to the nondual expositions of the Vedanta.
PS:
Yogic experience reveals that Jesus lived in India as a youth and returned to India after the crucifixion and quit his body at the age of 80 or so. His mortal remains lie interred in Roza Bal in Kashmir.
Thanks for the response.

Indians were trading with the region long before Jesus. I am sure Yogis, Hindu saints and philosophers were also present in the region and men, who penned the New Testament and
the Church fathers must have been in close contact with them.

I see the Indian style in Jesus' response, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Right?

Location hidden

#165111 Feb 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not even teach. If you teach, people would run away from you.
I think it is more important that you help yourself first and learn how absurd are the teachings of Christianity. One does not need to seek knowledge, wisdom and understanding as there is none of those in Christianity.
Your job is to believe what you are told and what you are asked to read. You are not allowed to think and reflect at all in Christianity.
You don't even know what Christianity is about.

bmz

Singapore

#165112 Feb 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam, BMZ...
Jesus PBUH was promoting 2 of the 5 PILLARS of ISLAM here, having already promoted 2 others making a total of atleast 4 out of 5 Pillars of Islam?
What do you think brother?
Matthew 17:21
New International Version (©1984)
Zilch
New Living Translation (©2007)
Zilch
English Standard Version (©2001)
Zilch
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
However, this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting."
International Standard Version (©2012)
But this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“But this kind does not go out except by fasting and by prayer.”
GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Zilch
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting.
American King James Version
However, this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting.
American Standard Version
But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting.
Douay-Rheims Bible
But this kind is not cast out but by prayer and fasting.
Darby Bible Translation
But this kind does not go out but by prayer and fasting.
English Revised Version
Zilch
Webster's Bible Translation
However, this kind goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.
Weymouth New Testament
But an evil spirit of this kind is only driven out by prayer and fasting."
World English Bible
But this kind doesn't go out except by prayer and fasting."
Young's Literal Translation
and this kind doth not go forth except in prayer and fasting.'
Salaams, WM
Thank you, Alex

So, it is confirmed that the Church and her writers did not obey Moses' Commandment in Deut 4:2, which says:

" Deuteronomy 4:2 New International Version (NIV)

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."

And they did not follow Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar."

So, the Spirit was right about the perverts, who did that.

bmz

Singapore

#165113 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>His name is Jesus.[yeshua] the Son of God.
The promised shiloh
http://www.christianevidences.org/shilohs-com...
And what was the name of the man?

That proverb mentioned MAN and HIS SON.

You have to give me the name of the man and the name of his son. Now, don't make me spill my tea by saying, the man was the Father.

The question was about naming the man and his son who went up and came down and the answer is that no man and his son went up into heaven and came back down.

Proverbs 30:4 goes like this:

Question: "Who hath ascended up into heaven, and descended?"

Answer: No one

Question: "Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound the waters in his garment? "

Answer: God Almighty

Question: "Who hath established all the ends of the earth?"

Answer: God Almighty

Question: "What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou knowest?"

Answer: Nobody! So, the question does not arise, as no man and his son have ever been up and back down again.

Do you now realize how bad and poor examples are given to Christians to believe?

bmz

Singapore

#165114 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even know what Christianity is about.
I know a lot. I just taught you what Proverbs 30:4 means. Please read my short exegesis, whioch even a 3rd Grader can understand and agree.

Christianity is all about a man, who was worshipped more, instead of God, and was later turned into God. What can be more absurd than this?

Location hidden

#165115 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot. I just taught you what Proverbs 30:4 means. Please read my short exegesis, whioch even a 3rd Grader can understand and agree.
Christianity is all about a man, who was worshipped more, instead of God, and was later turned into God. What can be more absurd than this?
You trust in the Lord of the demons of hell.
Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty.
John 8:24. "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am he, you will die in your sin".
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165117 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

I see the Indian style in Jesus' response, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Right?
Indian style?

You mean the impersonal nondual style.

The nondual experiences are related to universal states of consciousness-energy and as such there's nothing like Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist states of experience.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165118 Feb 25, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

"Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
The above remark attributed to Jesus is a direct reference to the cosmic wideness experienced by him via the Illumined Mind Plane.

Creatures with a limited consciousness are confined to specific dwelling places like holes, nests or apartments but those rare ones in whom the higher consciousness is awake find their consciousness spread out over space in the cosmic wideness and so where can such a man with a universal state of consciousness lay his head? His consciousness is everywhere and so confining him to a tiny dwelling place is futile.

Thus, "....the Son of Man has no place to lay his head," is a direct reference to the universal state of consciousness that's spread out over the cosmic wideness attained to by Jesus.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165119 Feb 25, 2013
Given my striking good looks and tremendous poise, I am God's gift to girls and gays.

Hugh dear, where art thou?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165120 Feb 25, 2013
BMZ (SINGAPORE):

I have to say something to you in dead earnest -

When I was 3 or 4, I got an erection as my nanny massaged me with oil and I made it a point to caress my erect dick in her presence and wanted her to hold it and massage it with the oil that she was rubbing over my body. Luckily, I was clothed in tiny shorts at that time. She was aware of my arousal and laughed away.

What do you have to say about this sexual awakening that I had at age 3 or 4?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web