Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256421 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#165023 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Elohim—God's plurality
The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything The Hebrew word translated "God" is the word El or Elohim. Elohim is the plural form of El. The plural form is used 2607 of the 2845 times the word "God" is used in the Old Testament. Not only is the word for God usually used in the plural form, but several verses refer to God as "Us":
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26)
Hello, Shaman

Genesis 1:1 to 1:31 uses the word Elohim through out, not just in Genesis 1:26, dear fool.

Type "God said" in Google Translate and match that with each verse in Genesis 1. Please inform the Church and her lying Spirits.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165024 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Muhammad: Jews and the Jihad
The tension that exists today between Muslims and Jews is not an entirely modern phenomenon. Muhammad came into conflict with the Jewish tribes of his time, and this conflict ended in tragedy. Throughout the history of Islam Muhammad's anti-Jewish sentiments, preserved in the Qur'an and Hadith, have affected relations between Muslims and Jews. Today anti-Semitism reverberates throughout the Muslim world with an intensity not seen since the time of Hitler. Muhammad's own teachings are often used to justify it.

When the Jewish leaders of Medina first heard of the coming of a prophet preaching belief in one God, they were intrigued. They did not immediately accept or reject him, but they wanted to know more (Ibn Ishaq, 192). Relations began to deteriorate as the Jews discovered Muhammad was not very familiar with their scriptures and traditions. The rabbis would taunt him with questions he could not answer (Ibn Ishaq, 351).
The Jews' rejection of Muhammad's message must have disappointed him greatly. He saw himself preaching the same monotheism to which the Jews subscribed - why then wouldn't they accept him as a prophet? To establish his affinity with the Jews, he borrowed some Jewish practices and prescribed them to his followers. Muslims were to meet for prayer on Friday afternoon as Jews prepare for the sabbath, they were to face Jerusalem in prayer as Jews do, they were to observe some of the Jewish dietary laws, as well as the fast on the Day of Atonement. Muslims called this the fast of Ashura, meaning "tenth," since the Day of Atonement falls on the tenth of the Jewish month of Tishri. When the Jews rejected his prophecy in spite of these practices, Muhammad changed them, and fixed the qibla (direction of prayer) to Mecca in place of Jerusalem.
The First Jewish Tribe: the Fate of the Bani Qaynuqa
At that time there were three Jewish tribes in Medina; the first to be discussed were the Bani Qaynuqa. In his dealings with them, Muhammad's aspirations to be accepted as a Jewish prophet as well as his frustration and anger became very apparent.
After the battle of Badr, Muhammad called the Bani Qaynuqa to assemble in the marketplace. He demanded the Jews accept him as their prophet, he threatened them, and they responded with defiance:
The apostle assembled them in their market and addressed them as follows: "O Jews, beware lest God bring upon you the vengeance that He brought upon Quraysh and become Muslims. You know that I am a prophet who has been sent - you will find that in your scriptures and God's covenant with you." They replied, "O Muhammad, you seem to think that we are your people. Do not deceive yourself because you encountered a people with no knowledge of war and got the better of them; for by God if we fight you, you will find that we are real men!" (Ibn Ishaq, 545)
Come on lying Shamma.
You are a typical fundie liar.
- Give me the HISTORICAL record of the number of Jews killed by Muslims because Quran told them to do so!!!
The Quran says the Jews did NOT kill Jesus!!!

- Now do you wish to deny the HISTORICAL record of the MILLIONS of Jews killed by Christians because the Gospels accuse them of deicide!!

Lunatic HITLER the CHRISTIAN was TOTALLY CONVINCED that JEWS WERE EVIL for various reasons including the MURDER of HIS satanic sacrificial man!!

Uhuh also mentioned Gospel of Matt 27:25
"Let his blood be on us and our children!"

YOUR books are wrong to accuse the Jews for the murder of their shrewd, cunning, evil, manipulative satanic creature (who is NOT Jesus) who deliberately planned to blame the Jews.
bmz

Location hidden

#165025 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yet some how there are over a billion followers of Jesus that worship Him.
How is it then, you say no one worshiped Jesus?
What can I do if the 1-2 billion Christians accept being fools?

No one worshipped and prayed to Jesus as one worships God and prayed to God. His own disciples also never worshipped him nor prayed to him.

Do you see disciples standing before Jesus, worshipping and praying to him? The man worshipped God and always prayed solo, while the disciples usually fell asleep.

All I see is that pagans worshipped him.
bmz

Location hidden

#165026 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
One can tell a Muslim is a Muhammadan by the lies they tell.
Muhammad the Muslim pagan prophet was the biggest liar ever born.
No!

Only liars like your goodself would do that.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165027 Feb 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How come the Church missed including the Mishneh Torah, such an important book in the Christian BIble?
Maimonides was an Agnostic.
Which means "I do not know"

The work he produced is from that mind set 'I do not know"
The Jews accepted that view point on their laws.

The Church fathers rejected that view point.
Knowing that Jesus preached "The Truth shall set you free"

Muslims are agnostic, they don't know anything about the god they worship.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165028 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Yet some how there are over a billion followers of Jesus that worship Him.
How is it then, you say no one worshiped Jesus?
Jesus told his disciples to do what he did!!!
He told them to worship God as good believers
Not to worship him!!

There is NOT a single "direct order" from Jesus to worship him or that he was god or even THE begotten son of god..or god in human form who came to die for the sins of gentiles.

Despite this some of you worship him through ignorance.

Those who worship Jesus through ignorance can end up in hell.

Worship of Jesus makes him a sinner as he will be seen as a sinner who takes worship away from God.

Be careful shamma...you not only commit sin by worshiping a naked man you are also landing him in deep sh*t.
bmz

Location hidden

#165029 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
God the Son
The Son is also found in the Old Testament:
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me,'Thou art My Son, Today I have begotten Thee.(Psalm 2:7)
Do homage to the Son, lest He become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!(Psalm 2:12)
Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His Son's name? Surely you know!(Proverbs 30:4)
Triunity of God in the Old Testament
Finally, there are a number of verses in the Old Testament in which the triunity of God is directly expressed:
Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His Son's name? Surely you know!(Proverbs 30:4)
Utter balderdash! How many times, do we have to do this.

Proverbs is not the Torah. It is a collection of good advice and wisdom by way of proverbs.

No one knows the name of THAT MAN AND HIS SON, because no man and his son have done any of that!!!

Do you know the names of a man and his son, who ascended into heaven and descended?

Tell me the names of the man and his, if you Christians know. lol!

This is a wrong and rotten cherry picked by the clueless presbyters.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#165030 Feb 24, 2013
Religion and belief in a god or gods have been since the beginning of man.
All cultures have their own belief how the world began and how man came into being.

The social structure of the Arabs was based on their tribal laws.
In relation to their belief in a god or gods.
so their was already religious Scripture written before Muhammad was even born.

The beliefs of the Arabs was taught to Muhammad as he was growing up, so Muhammad had a foundation to build his beliefs on.

So gathering information to compile a book was not hard to come by.
Nor would it be hard for Muhammad to use that information he was taught to come up with a revelation in his mind to address a situation.

Much of the scripture in the Quran is taken from other religions.
So that is not original revelation from God to Muhammad.
Most every one in that area already heard it before.

So the revelations Muhammad said he received was already second hand information.

The only explanation is that Muhammad was narcissistic and demanded every one obey his commands or be killed.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165031 Feb 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you try to make one God into three gods. Christians believe in only one God; making all your arguments about three gods moot. Where do Christians say there are three gods? Scholars consider the Christian faith a monotheistic religion, so your arguments are based on a false belief in what Christians believe.
lol!!!!!!!!!! you are unbelievable!

We have only ONE God!!

How can these be one God?
god the father?
god the son?
god the ghost?

When jeus prayed to father...the father was physically in heaven and son was on earth peeing and pooing!!

How can that be one god be in heaven while peeing and pooing on earth cursing fig trees riding donkeys and seducing lonely women???

What in HELL's name was the shadowy ghost doing at that time?

Molesting little girls in other planets, so that when son finished playing dead on earth can get up and run off to another planet to do the same act all over again?

Who was Jesus' father?
God or god the father who makes up God?

You really haven't a clue.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#165033 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It evident you know nothing about Maimonides.
In his mid-20s, he began authoring numerous volumes on the Mishnah, which he completed around ten years later. His intent was to assist those who could not understand the Mishnah's Hebrew and often cryptic text, and for that reason, the commentary was written in Arabic but with Hebrew lettering.
He then wrote a volume in Arabic called Sefer Hamitzvot, listing all of the 613 commandments. These volumes were later translated into Hebrew numerous times, once still in his lifetime.
Additional Works
Exactly Erics point. He didnt retranslate, he offered commentary.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165034 Feb 24, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds to me rabbe you seek the advice of Satan rather then Gods advice.
rabbee: well i an sorry, that your own mental magic is not proof of anything. but i have offered evidence in TheTorah, that does not support any of your self-righteous delusional fiction. nor does the evidence, of the near end of the sixth day change. and you ain't going to, change it by lying. soft magical evidence in your own mind, does not cancel out hard evidence here in TheTorah.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165036 Feb 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my problem. It is yours. I believe only in one God.
You have three Gods, namely:
God, the Father
God, the Son
God the Holy Spirit
Those three are distinct and co-equal persons, not in one God but in one Godhead.
If you had truly believed in one God, then you would not have three.
And then, you cannot deny what Iw rote and you cannot also deny what I am writing now:
The Father is not Jesus and is also not the Holy Spirit.
The Son is not the Father and is also not the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father and is also not the Son.
Right?
And then you have: The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. Right?
Even a fool will not accept that Christians are monotheistic after reading above.
There is only one God in three divine persons. If you can't wrap your brain around that it's your problem. The true nature of God was revealed to us by Jesus, God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165037 Feb 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Shaman
Genesis 1:1 to 1:31 uses the word Elohim through out, not just in Genesis 1:26, dear fool.
Type "God said" in Google Translate and match that with each verse in Genesis 1. Please inform the Church and her lying Spirits.
Why do you waste your time studying the Holy Bible when you just make stuff up that suits your twisted 6th century views? You don't even apply your own logic to islam; which if you did would destroy any faith you may have in an uneducated 6th century war lord.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#165038 Feb 24, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!!!!!!!!!! you are unbelievable!
We have only ONE God!!
god the father?
god the son?
god the ghost?
When jeus prayed to father...the father was physically in heaven and son was on earth peeing and pooing!!
How can that be one god be in heaven while peeing and pooing on earth cursing fig trees riding donkeys and seducing lonely women???
Molesting little girls in other planets, so that when son finished playing dead on earth can get up and run off to another planet to do the same act all over again?
Who was Jesus' father?
Read my lips: "There is only one God in three divine persons." Your finite and carnal mind can wrap itself around this revealed truth given us by Jesus. You can make claims about as many gods as you wish, but there is only one God. allah is but the head of 360 other pagan gods.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165039 Feb 24, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, Rabbee
We never blame Adam and Eve for anything. To us, they made a mistake of forgetting the instruction and later God forgave them.
That Adam and Eve sinned, comes from the self-loathing sinners of the Christian Church and they made a shameless and revulsive doctrine out of it.
Christianity is the only religion that has sin as the soft sand bed of her foundation.
rabbee: well unfortunatly again, i cannot believe anyone on this whole planet of liars. and the fact is, that i cannot find any woman. woman by that mental magic name eve anywhere in TheTorah Scroll, alone is sufficient evidence again.

and G-D came and told me, it was going to be all of you and her falt again. even before it all happened, exactly like G-D said. indicating that you all, deserve the pestilence, plague and famine hell you are all getting for agreeing with liars.

so how can i blame the devils, for doing their job? that you all are not, supposed to be doing for them. it is not this world assignment to be, whit-washing the devils fence for them. and don't tell me, your not all doing this. meaning i cannot trust anyone, in this world of all liars. leaving me with no other options, but to trust in G-D only.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#165040 Feb 24, 2013
jewish factions, are lying the way they want to make themselves look good. christians are lying the way they want, to make themselves look good. muslems are lying the way they want to make themselves look good. buddists are lying the way they want to make themselves look good. japanese are lying the way they want to make themselves look good. just like all other nations are lying the way they want, to only make themselves look good. but the fact is, none of you are looking good to G-D, doing this here in TheTorah again. with you all siding with, the appointed enemies of G-D.
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#165041 Feb 24, 2013
What say Qadir Mengal in reply to these two Atheists, Igore trip and Dear to doubt,please go to thread (Qadir Mengal Miss understainding Islam) and find reply on page37.

DEAR TO DOUBT----------
The world changed but people didn’t. My last horse died a century ago and I now drive a car. We----------
We filled our houses with all sorts of gadgets but our minds have not changed. My religious friend is still a believer.---------
I have read the Bible and the Quran and both are full of so many absurdities and mistakes, both logical and factual that there is no way they can be true. Islam is just the word of one man.
A real God could do a lot better than that.
who="Igor Trip"] text>
Please explain why I should not believe these are the rantings of a madman.
(Note the text of Quran has not been carried properly)
22:19 These twain (the believers and the disbelievers) are two opponents who contend concerning their Lord. But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,---------

44:43 Lo! the tree of Zaqqum,
44:44 The food of the sinner!
44:45 Like molten brass, it seetheth in their bellies
44:46 As the seething of boiling water.
44:47 (And it will be said): Take him and drag him to the midst of hell,
44:48 Then pour upon his head the torment of boiling water.
----------

sss

(Those who interested in life of Mohammad as a prophet or other wise come and visit the thread” Qadir mengal Miss understanding islam”An important series about the life of Mohammad(saw) has started, from page 33 of topix this series will go number wise just as 1 (2) 3 … along with mentioning the thread number where the series is located. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread if you questioned him about islam.
Note-Post no, 1,2,3,4,5,6,of this series have come on page 33 of Miss understanding islam, while post number 7,8,9,9-a,and10,11,to 18 have appeared on page no, 34 of this thread i,e miss understanding islam so as post no 19 and 20 and others have appeared on page 35 of this thread kindly follow a head.) Also see Hold brook Accepted Islam
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#165042 Feb 24, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my lips: "There is only one God in three divine persons." Your finite and carnal mind can wrap itself around this revealed truth given us by Jesus. You can make claims about as many gods as you wish, but there is only one God. allah is but the head of 360 other pagan gods.
I don't have to read your lips and anything else you offer!
Your cult started with a man. You tried to assign divinity to this man when the owners of Jewish books never awaited a god-messiah!!

Your mind is warped.
Jesus NEVER claimed divinity.
If he claimed divinity SHOWit you fool instead of talking nonsene.

You MUST be a robot!

Why do you insist Jesus and father in heaven are one and same?
How can father be son you fool?
That makes mary...daughter, mother and wife!!
That is perversion and is disgusting.

We have only ONE God!!

1.god the father?
2.god the son?
3.god the ghost?

When jesus prayed to father...the father was physically in heaven and son was on earth peeing and pooing!!
Who was Jesus' father?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165043 Feb 24, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Where did you get the idea that Muhammad was vegetarian?
From the Intuitive Consciousness and from my ex-Master, Subhash Chandra Bose and Barfani Baba.

Even in the NT, Jesus is said to have served wine to his disciples but my subjective experiences in the yoga show otherwise. Regarding his grave, the yogic experience reveals that his body is interred in Roza Bal, Kashmir.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#165044 Feb 24, 2013
BMZ (SINGAPORE):

How could Allah live outside the universe when he is said the inhabit the 7th heaven (plane of cosmic existence)?

Doesn't the number 7 indicate a cosmic address?

If Allah lived outside the universe then there was no need for the book of Islam to mention the 7th heaven as the abode of Allah.

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th heavens lie within the universe, as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the world premiere of precious biblical art... Jun 14 missourcast 1
News Peru seeks dog breed status for ancient llama h... (Sep '06) May '18 Parden Pard 3
News Ancient artifacts seized from Hobby Lobby retur... May '18 WarForOil 2
An Exceptional Discovery-Unearthed Child at Pom... Apr '18 Jeff 5
News Archaeologists find ancient mass child sacrific... Apr '18 Poster Child for ... 1
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... Apr '18 TheNi6htTrain 1
News Florida beachgoers discover 'holy grail of ship... Apr '18 Vicki 1