Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253949 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164774 Feb 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What can be more absurd than this?
rabbee: well stealth fighters are absurd, when all your runways dissapear too.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#164775 Feb 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you did not read this:
" Ancient records reveal the true nature of the presbyters, and the low regard in which they were held has been subtly suppressed by modern Church historians. In reality, they were:
"...the most rustic fellows, teaching strange paradoxes. They openly declared that none but the ignorant was fit to hear their discourses ... they never appeared in the circles of the wiser and better sort, but always took care to intrude themselves among the ignorant and uncultured, rambling around to play tricks at fairs and markets ... they lard their lean books with the fat of old fables ... and still the less do they understand ... and they write nonsense on vellum ... and still be doing, never done."(Contra Celsum ["Against Celsus"], Origen of Alexandria, c. 251, Bk I, p. lxvii, Bk III, p. xliv, passim)"
That is why all of them were loaded on donkeys and mules and dispatched to Nicaea, wheer they were silenced. Then the clever ones wrote everything for the Church.
Didn't you read Constantine's order that I had posted? Here it is once again:
"Constantine then instructed Eusebius to organize the compilation of a uniform collection of new writings developed from primary aspects of the religious texts submitted at the council. His instructions were:
"Search ye these books, and whatever is good in them, that retain; but whatsoever is evil, that cast away. What is good in one book, unite ye with that which is good in another book. And whatsoever is thus brought together shall be called The Book of Books. And it shall be the doctrine of my people, which I will recommend unto all nations, that there shall be no more war for religions' sake."
(God's Book of Eskra, op. cit., chapter xlviii, paragraph 31)"
That is how you got the four gospels!!!
"
islam was founded by an uneducated man that could not read or write. He could not even be sure what the scribes he was dictating to were not changing what he said. They cold of made a copy to fool him and wrote another to fool the people.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164776 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You say those who founded Christianity were "no learned men." Well they could at least read and write, something mohammad could not do. mohammad had to dictate his thoughts to someone else to write down.
rabbee: knowing how to, read and write latin or english. does not do any good, when their scriptures are all greek to me.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164777 Feb 22, 2013
all the only true religions on earth, accusing each other of not being true to theirs. are most likely 100% right, about each others un-trueness to G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164778 Feb 22, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you did not read this:
" Ancient records reveal the true nature of the presbyters, and the low regard in which they were held has been subtly suppressed by modern Church historians. In reality, they were:
"...the most rustic fellows, teaching strange paradoxes. They openly declared that none but the ignorant was fit to hear their discourses ... they never appeared in the circles of the wiser and better sort, but always took care to intrude themselves among the ignorant and uncultured, rambling around to play tricks at fairs and markets ... they lard their lean books with the fat of old fables ... and still the less do they understand ... and they write nonsense on vellum ... and still be doing, never done."(Contra Celsum ["Against Celsus"], Origen of Alexandria, c. 251, Bk I, p. lxvii, Bk III, p. xliv, passim)"
That is why all of them were loaded on donkeys and mules and dispatched to Nicaea, wheer they were silenced. Then the clever ones wrote everything for the Church.
Didn't you read Constantine's order that I had posted? Here it is once again:
"Constantine then instructed Eusebius to organize the compilation of a uniform collection of new writings developed from primary aspects of the religious texts submitted at the council. His instructions were:
"Search ye these books, and whatever is good in them, that retain; but whatsoever is evil, that cast away. What is good in one book, unite ye with that which is good in another book. And whatsoever is thus brought together shall be called The Book of Books. And it shall be the doctrine of my people, which I will recommend unto all nations, that there shall be no more war for religions' sake."
(God's Book of Eskra, op. cit., chapter xlviii, paragraph 31)"
That is how you got the four gospels!!!
"
rabbee: oh geez! how does that make your gospels of muhammed written by critters of molech any better, than their re-written and edited by hasatan? when the only thing you all got right, is that neither of your altered religions are true to G-D. and that is pretty pathetic, when that is all your religions have in common.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164779 Feb 22, 2013
pretty sick when muslems would do less damage, if they all became athiests. when pretending to be true to G-D, when your not true to G-D, is more damaging than athiesm.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#164780 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
Something along the lines of lookie here at the corruption of the institution that you elevate to godliness.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164781 Feb 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: knowing how to, read and write latin or english. does not do any good, when their scriptures are all greek to me.
rabbee: did not take, very long at all. after i began to learn how to read eevreet, and being given TheTorahScroll. that all the religions in this world, were trying to yank my chain religiously. including the religions, of athiesm's eviloution.

yes nearly 100% of physical life, for critters. beguins when a single physical cell, gets invaded by a physical polywog. with only Adam or adam and chaooah always being the exception.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164782 Feb 22, 2013
apparently adam and his mate, never have any ancestors here in TheTorah. they only have these, incestors in law. got to have grandaughters hiding around somewhere, not here in TheTorah hide and go seek. for our son Shet, to always wed with.

do you realize how hard it is, to find sombody here in TheTorah to wed? when the only two choices G-D, give to me is either my Mother or Grandaughter not here in TheTorah. out of all the nobodies here in TheTorah, those are the only two choices G-D ever gives me with? and knowing that only G-D, is never likely to change that.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#164783 Feb 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Something along the lines of lookie here at the corruption of the institution that you elevate to godliness.
rabbee: yeah just what, the more subtle than any other beast of the fields ordered. to only fantacize, their unholiness as g-dly. gee what a precision coincidence again, here in Only TheTorah from HaShem G-D.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#164784 Feb 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your link have to do with that? It is God that makes the Catholic Church Holy not the people. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#164785 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your link have to do with that? It is God that makes the Catholic Church Holy not the people. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Including the pope, the Big Kahuna in charge of the enterprise.

And what was that conversation we were having about the purity of the Churches written works? If I recollect, your argument was that the Church was perfect, therefore they could never be in error.

I mean, honestly, whoever thought it was a good idea to force humans to abstain from their prime directive shouldn't have been in charge of making rules about anything.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#164786 Feb 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Including the pope, the Big Kahuna in charge of the enterprise.
And what was that conversation we were having about the purity of the Churches written works? If I recollect, your argument was that the Church was perfect, therefore they could never be in error.
I mean, honestly, whoever thought it was a good idea to force humans to abstain from their prime directive shouldn't have been in charge of making rules about anything.
The popes in union with the bishops are infallible, but they are not impeccable. The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ and those who commit mortal sins are cut off from the life of the Church.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164787 Feb 22, 2013
These are real betting odds for job of next pope!
http://www.oddschecker.com/politics-and-elect...

RichardDawkins 666:1
Bob Geldof 1000:1
Bono 1000:1
Jose Mourinho 1000:1
Madonna 2000:1
Oprah Winfrey 2000:1
Silvio Berlusconi 2500:1
Francesco Totti 5000:1
Mario Balotelli 5000:1
Tony Blair 5000:1
Dougal Maguire 1000:1
Jack Hackett 10000:1
Lance Armstrong 10000:1
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164788 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The popes in union with the bishops are infallible, but they are not impeccable. The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ and those who commit mortal sins are cut off from the life of the Church.
You have been caught hiding!!!
This thread is about ALLAH not about your lies.
Since you have started to talk about Jesus let's ask you this.

As a MAN......
DID JESUS EAT PORK? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT BACON? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT HAM? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT PORK SAUSAGE? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT ANY MEAT FROM A PIG? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT BLACK PUDDING? YES/NO
DID JESUS DRINK ANY BLOOD OFF PIG? YES/NO

PS: Good knowledgeable Christian HughBE said "NO" to each question.
Even Shamma has given an answer "Don't know"...

What do you think?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164789 Feb 22, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: your impecable logic here, would make your leading village idiot look like einstein.
i do not think your all-h or muhammed would appreciate, your making them look like an idot too.
ok einstein!
hope you got that one.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164790 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
ALLAH is GOD.
Allah will NEVER approve the worship of a naked man.
Therefore, your "god" is SATAN.

That's why you cannot properly answer this....

As a MAN......
DID JESUS EAT PORK? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT BACON? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT HAM? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT PORK SAUSAGE? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT ANY MEAT FROM A PIG? YES/NO
DID JESUS EAT BLACK PUDDING? YES/NO
DID JESUS DRINK ANY BLOOD OFF PIG? YES/NO

PS: Good knowledgeable Christian HughBE and Australian poster "christian" said "NO" to each question.
Even Shamma has given an answer "Don't know"...

What do you think?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164791 Feb 22, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
Celsus was a learned philosopher of the 2nd century (compared with the rustic, ignorant and uncultured presbyters at the time)
he wrote that c.178, and also this,
"Although you lied you could not possibly conceal your fictitious tales. Some believers alter the original text of the gospel three, four or several times over in order to be able to answer criticisms."
They are still doing it!!
They change their church doctrine by the minute!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164792 Feb 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Does POPE and PORK:

DOES POPE EAT PORK? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT BACON? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT HAM? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT PORK SAUSAGE? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT ANY MEAT FROM A PIG? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT BLACK PUDDING? YES/NO
DOES POPE DRINK ANY BLOOD OFF PIG? YES/NO

So far 2 out of 3 Christian respondents have said that Jesus had NOTHING to do with Pork.

Now then...will the man who represent Jesus have Pork?

Over to Mr. Church advocate!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164793 Feb 22, 2013
POPE and PORK:

DOES POPE EAT PORK? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT BACON? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT HAM? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT PORK SAUSAGE? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT ANY MEAT FROM A PIG? YES/NO
DOES POPE EAT BLACK PUDDING? YES/NO
DOES POPE DRINK ANY BLOOD OFF PIG? YES/NO

So far 2 out of 3 Christian respondents have said that Jesus had NOTHING to do with Pork.

Will the man who represents Jesus eat Pork?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
CitiesÂ’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul '16 Antonia 4
More from around the web