Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252925 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

wannabe scientist

United States

#164068 Feb 17, 2013
Oh come jesus was a miracle of allah his doesnt fit into natural process it was a miracle of allah
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#164069 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who say only your mangod will save you!
We believe that GOD has ALWAYS been saving us...before...during and after your mangods time!!!
There is no arrogance...if you believe that you have eternal life only through your mangod..which means all others are in sht...then produce the correct proof...!
Bring forward one single saved person with eternal life....because you are making that extraordinary claim that NEVER came from Jesus!! Otherwise...prove to me Jesus said it!! Why do you call me arrogant.
As a priest I looked for anything and everything...and did NOT find it!! So may be you have the answer!!!
Otherwise, accept that NOTHING changed since that man came and went!!!
Until you produce REAL proof ...let me keep saying this...
When you have no substance of worth...you resort to the usual personal attacks...prompting others to retaliate!
Sadly, that seems your only raison d'être.
If you are suggesting that eternal life becomes an issue after death, then there is absolutely no proof.
Eternal life has nothing to do with a pagan human sacrifice!!!
1. Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. There is NOT a single direct claim from Jesus that he was indeed God in human form who has come as his own son to die for the sins of Jews and gentiles on a pagan cross and through belief in his sacrifice and through him one can get eternal life!
2. There is not a single person alive to be seen who has been blessed with eternal life! If you are suggesting that eternal life becomes an issue after death, then there is absolutely no proof. The claim about his sacrifice and eternal life will naturally be meaningless and redundant.
3. Unless you admit that "John" was actually written by some twisted idiots who made up things as they went along, you will never climb off this atonement nonsense.
4. Why do you ignore claims by Jesus the Jew who had nothing to do with Gentiles? Jesus the Jew claimed he was sent only for the Jews.
5. By turning Jesus the Jew into Christ the gentile ghost is pretty pathetic.
6. There is no need for ever merciful most forgiving god to orchestrate a vile pagan human sacrifice further insulting himself by allowing mad pagans to stick naked men up poles playing cannibalistic rituals of blood drinking and flesh eating. These are indeed satanic.
7. Its your call...keep worshipping that poor Jewish man and condemn him to hell by proving Jewish Talmud claim that he was indeed a seducer.
Or...worship God and simply love Jesus as a messenger who came to educate the Jews.
8. Your choice Buford.
Unless and until you die, as in clinically die dead, and then come back to life to relate what awaits on "the other side" at least as far as you can say, then I advise you to shut your arrogant mouth about things that at present remain unproven, or is all of this arrogant bluster of yours simply owing to your having taken Mohammad's word for it?

Where exactly is he right now? Can you prove it?
wannabe scientist

United States

#164070 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Qur'an, Jesus wasn't made of "sperms" at all, but of Word and Spirit.
"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Jesus Christ the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, And His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him.
[Al-Qur’an 4:171]
Oh come jesus was a
miracle of allah his doesnt
fit into natural process it
was a miracle of allah

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#164071 Feb 17, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who say only your mangod will save you!
We believe that GOD has ALWAYS been saving us...before...during and after your mangods time!!!
There is no arrogance...if you believe that you have eternal life only through your mangod..which means all others are in sht...then produce the correct proof...!
Bring forward one single saved person with eternal life....because you are making that extraordinary claim that NEVER came from Jesus!! Otherwise...prove to me Jesus said it!! Why do you call me arrogant.
As a priest I looked for anything and everything...and did NOT find it!! So may be you have the answer!!!
Otherwise, accept that NOTHING changed since that man came and went!!!
Until you produce REAL proof ...let me keep saying this...
When you have no substance of worth...you resort to the usual personal attacks...prompting others to retaliate!
Sadly, that seems your only raison d'être.
If you are suggesting that eternal life becomes an issue after death, then there is absolutely no proof.
Eternal life has nothing to do with a pagan human sacrifice!!!
1. Jesus NEVER claimed divinity. There is NOT a single direct claim from Jesus that he was indeed God in human form who has come as his own son to die for the sins of Jews and gentiles on a pagan cross and through belief in his sacrifice and through him one can get eternal life!
2. There is not a single person alive to be seen who has been blessed with eternal life! If you are suggesting that eternal life becomes an issue after death, then there is absolutely no proof. The claim about his sacrifice and eternal life will naturally be meaningless and redundant.
3. Unless you admit that "John" was actually written by some twisted idiots who made up things as they went along, you will never climb off this atonement nonsense.
4. Why do you ignore claims by Jesus the Jew who had nothing to do with Gentiles? Jesus the Jew claimed he was sent only for the Jews.
5. By turning Jesus the Jew into Christ the gentile ghost is pretty pathetic.
6. There is no need for ever merciful most forgiving god to orchestrate a vile pagan human sacrifice further insulting himself by allowing mad pagans to stick naked men up poles playing cannibalistic rituals of blood drinking and flesh eating. These are indeed satanic.
7. Its your call...keep worshipping that poor Jewish man and condemn him to hell by proving Jewish Talmud claim that he was indeed a seducer.
Or...worship God and simply love Jesus as a messenger who came to educate the Jews.
8. Your choice Buford.
4.) As far as i understood he steted that the righteous i.e. followers of the LAW, thus torah, thus jews did not need saving but those that did not, the once who had no idea of the book or lived lives that contrasted the meaning so amhara or criminals, or samaritans, so those that had drifted as in having no idea or opposed, where to become his flock.
Well that would be gentile as in non-jewish.

But i'll grant that you can read anything ou want given all the different theologies and opinions collected.
Best to keep in mnd that John is much later written theology so in effct talking about the three gospels (that were also invented based on rumour) and how to interpret them.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164072 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Qur'an, Jesus wasn't made of "sperms" at all, but of Word and Spirit.
"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Jesus Christ the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah, And His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him.
The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.[Holy Quran 3:59]”

Word..."Be"
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164073 Feb 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
You still havent understood God can do anything!!!lol...
God can effect an IVF without the instruments.
work it out..
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#164074 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you never thought that this flies in the face of god being all powerfull and thus the one alluded too?
Why would John the baptist (strange given the culture. More of a greek baptism.) if jewish call a human more powerfull.
Jesus is God and more powerfull then St John.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#164075 Feb 17, 2013
What's the point for a Muslim to highlight the fact YHVH favourited a tribe over the entire world population, when Allah has favourited a man over the entire world population?

This Muslim is not just a cretin and hypocrite but need urgently of pills.

Location hidden

#164076 Feb 17, 2013
http://www.tektonics.org/guest/irey50.html

The debate on the age of jesus. And then the text was adapted.

I would ssay that what speaks most against christianity would be the fact that judaism kept gaining followers for a good 5 centuries more.
So apart from christianity.

And with all this aramaic greek speech we are to believe that hebrew did not exist anymore.
Where you will actually find that aramaic as such stopped existing. Syriac went on. As did hebrew for all holy writing and also for the ordinary speech.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#164077 Feb 17, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is god? Since when?

As far as I know a god is supposed to be omniscient, but in the Gospels we have plenty of examples where the Nazarene was clueless.

How come?

Location hidden

#164078 Feb 17, 2013
My point would be that if you take it al literal: be it Moses, Jesus or MoAhmed as the stories go.
You end up with having to twist actual history beyond the point of recognition.

Location hidden

#164079 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
What's the point for a Muslim to highlight the fact YHVH favourited a tribe over the entire world population, when Allah has favourited a man over the entire world population?
As we just learned reading MUQ's sword series.
Concluding that doubting the prophet is the same as doubting Allah.
And heaping scorn in a diddy is the worst act.

The character is the mode to get the new god Allah spread in order to establish a new rule. It's not by accident that a catechism was also wrote for Islam in the 8th century. And that we find the first comprehensive tradition also come to life in that time.
I read that jewish people living in the east then followed this example, were before they never saw the need.
The spread of Aristotles idea coincided: believe as proof.
Looking at church history you would have to wait till later to find the catechism composed.

Location hidden

#164080 Feb 17, 2013
was also written duh
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164081 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Try to learn some English you little son of ex fascists with a 99% probability!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164082 Feb 17, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely he is your mangod.....but is he more powerful than REAL GOD?

Location hidden

#164083 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
You got the wrong end of the stick.
YHWH is per difinition a tribal god.
There was never the intent to rule the world.

I would say that from the moment their god got usurped they did start to proselyse also.
it must have been weird.
As in what is all the agitation about when you both claim your gods are the very Elohim-YHWH!
So therefore i conclude that both christianity and islam had wordly aims.
Which can also be seen in how concepts like saviour changed.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#164084 Feb 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is god? Since when?
As far as I know a god is supposed to be omniscient, but in the Gospels we have plenty of examples where the Nazarene was clueless.
How come?
Jesus was fully God and fully human. Jesus had a body and soul like all human beings. However, He has divinity which no other human being had. Jesus' human nature was finite like all human beings but His divine nature was all knowing and all powerful. We don't understand the conscioness of our own nature, so it is no suprise we don't understand the conscioness Jesus with a human-divine nature.

Location hidden

#164085 Feb 17, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that Jhn does have a few stories written about him that seem to point to an actual person, be it in a somewhat different time.
So he is a cruch to give the character jesus more veracity.

But how would you ever be able to reason that jesus is god?
Mind i'm not talking dogma now.
For your information, not even the entire church and related borrowed philosophies (Aristotle f.i.) have managed to do this convincingly.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#164086 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
4.) As far as i understood he steted that the righteous i.e. followers of the LAW, thus torah, thus jews did not need saving but those that did not, the once who had no idea of the book or lived lives that contrasted the meaning so amhara or criminals, or samaritans, so those that had drifted as in having no idea or opposed, where to become his flock.
Well that would be gentile as in non-jewish.
But i'll grant that you can read anything ou want given all the different theologies and opinions collected.
Best to keep in mnd that John is much later written theology so in effct talking about the three gospels (that were also invented based on rumour) and how to interpret them.
John is honestly a load of nonsense made up long after Jesus to literally blame the Jews for most of the problems! It certainly seems very vindictive.

There is also another important point.
Jesus seems a true revolutonary...who challenged the establishment that was more concerned with "form" over "substance".

Just because a person called himself a Jew did not entitle him/her to favours from God and Jesus certainly reminded the people that there were many arrogant snobs who would not enter God's kingdom.

According to Jesus just because one was born a Jew and even "showed" he/she observed the Law, that still did not entitle him/her to all the favours/ privileges from God, if that person happened to be a hypocrite or if his heart was not "pure".

He certainly was not interested in Gentiles who to him were dogs and Pigs as Jews used to call them those days.

Location hidden

#164087 Feb 17, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
We are speaking of adapted texts.
Let's not forget:'i will go to my father now.
So jesus definitely made a distinction.

Before meeting with John he was insignificant. So it must allude to inspiration. Meaning that john the baptist had that power.
Modern day followers of john the baptist call jesus a fraud and a sham, attributing the real pure spirit (no worldy aim) to John.
In the eastern tradition /version of the gospel, the entire Jordan went up in flames: the epiphany.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web