Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
153,681 - 153,700 of 199,535 Comments Last updated 21 min ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship a different God who is the TRUE GOD who created Heavens and Earth.
Your "dead" naked man cannot create the universe.
He was hiding from even small Jews who threw stones at him and jeered him as he was riding two donkeys and the Jerusalem girls booed him as he was going to the cross.
Please stop talking rubbish.
Are you not ashamed you worship a naked white man calling him God of Israel?
Not a SINGLE person who practices Judaism agrees with your god.
Your "god" is Satan.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

How many Heavens was it that the "TRUE GOD" created? Seven? Eight? Ten? One Zillion?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
Hey MAAT,
Allah cursed the Jews. Didn't you get the memo?
Idiot
God of Abraham cursed and did millions of bad things to the Israelites!
dumbo...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot
God of Abraham cursed and did millions of bad things to the Israelites!
dumbo...
Millions, eh? Enumerate them.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone wants to bese a law using the argumentum ad authority, you need some attributed hyperboles to establish the fact.
But none would take it literal.
Or let's hope not. Christians and muslims do have that tendency.
OK, you believe in "attributed hyperboles" that aren't to be taken literally, which tells me exactly nothing, except that this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your "tendency."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
But i guess you would agree that contradictions in the NT and even John's gospel are not helping.
Nor does the fad of borrowing from the Torah or tanakh.
I say we had one homest poster (though he did go on about the calendar a bit) that admitted that christianity has no leg to stand on without using the tanakh for a cruch.
Same would go for islam.
Just in general. If we would read Homer we would first check out whether the translations is done by experts. And a good edition would show in the footnotes what is still under discussion.
So basicly you would need to use a bible that does the same.
Well there is the 10,000 plus pages version that theologians would have access to. And on the net if you know where to look.
Post the link.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>If the Torah "writes off" all non-Jews as "unworthy" of some divinely conferred privilege, and God knows that all humans are not now and may never become Jews, then why shouldn't the non-Jews of the world REJECT the Torah as unfairly discriminatory, seeing as how they can INTERBREED with actual Jews, which is to say, they aren't a different species?
wow...you have been reading some of my post grad work eh?
mine were not that harsh!

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>If the Torah "writes off" all non-Jews as "unworthy" of some divinely conferred privilege, and God knows that all humans are not now and may never become Jews, then why shouldn't the non-Jews of the world REJECT the Torah as unfairly discriminatory, seeing as how they can INTERBREED with actual Jews, which is to say, they aren't a different species?
If you came to that conclusion it shows that misrepresentation has taken hold.
The origin is a tribal god with a mutual contract. But Moses stated people can accept it not by being forced but by showing us our ways. So hinting at adoption.
Only later we get the judahite state point of view. Well if you find fault with their idea of exclusivity i can't blame you.
But the idea would be selfpreservation and not allowing to let other people muddy the waters.
Not so different from what happens here on the forum.
But they called themselves goy too.
Gentile is a church definition they base it on the twisted interpretation and out of contxt quote-mining of torah and added to that by declaring that they on the other hand were universal (paul also doing away with Abraham). Borrowing authority from god needed creating a direct line of supercession.(therefore Uhuh's post is funny)
So reverse attribution happened. They were no longer the favorite, even though in hebrew you will not find a single verse stating that.

Not so different from the 19th century movement in Germany or europe in general.
The church is suppressive and with the gentry makes and keeps people poor.
Where did they get their ideas? Well it started with the jews, the O.T., therefore the jews are to blame at base.
The scapegoat found again. Even though as the philosopher Ren Girard would say, the bible did away with that.

I would say the best approach would be to list all ideas chronologically, about jesus.

So
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Millions, eh? Enumerate them.
Judah killed 500000 Israelites in one day...and if you survive to face the next day it will be a million!!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Judah killed 500000 Israelites in one day...and if you survive to face the next day it will be a million!!
Wow! Judah is the God of Abraham! Who knew?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you came to that conclusion it shows that misrepresentation has taken hold.
The origin is a tribal god with a mutual contract. But Moses stated people can accept it not by being forced but by showing us our ways. So hinting at adoption.
Only later we get the judahite state point of view. Well if you find fault with their idea of exclusivity i can't blame you.
But the idea would be selfpreservation and not allowing to let other people muddy the waters.
Not so different from what happens here on the forum.
But they called themselves goy too.
Gentile is a church definition they base it on the twisted interpretation and out of contxt quote-mining of torah and added to that by declaring that they on the other hand were universal (paul also doing away with Abraham). Borrowing authority from god needed creating a direct line of supercession.(therefore Uhuh's post is funny)
So reverse attribution happened. They were no longer the favorite, even though in hebrew you will not find a single verse stating that.
Not so different from the 19th century movement in Germany or europe in general.
The church is suppressive and with the gentry makes and keeps people poor.
Where did they get their ideas? Well it started with the jews, the O.T., therefore the jews are to blame at base.
The scapegoat found again. Even though as the philosopher Ren Girard would say, the bible did away with that.
I would say the best approach would be to list all ideas chronologically, about jesus.
So
I prefaced my remarks with an "If." You have clarified matters. Thank you.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
How many Heavens was it that the "TRUE GOD" created? Seven? Eight? Ten? One Zillion?
Makes no darn difference even if he was too tired after 6 days of creation and being short sighted unable to find Adam in a haystack!!
Listen you fool.
The can ONLY be ONE God.
No matter how you jump up and down, if a person believes in ONE TRUE God then that person has a chance of being recognised as a true believer.

But, if people start worshipping men, those men go down a slippery slope to end up in hell, head first, in hot excrement and semen.

so beware!
If you worship men, they end up in hell with you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you believe in "attributed hyperboles" that aren't to be taken literally, which tells me exactly nothing, except that this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your "tendency."
Come of it.
If the rule state to only give burnt-offerings when all are present, at the proper time and with the proper quorum present to have the ritual go without a glitch. Then we get a parasha/parable about two boys that think differently and go out in the middle ofthe night and end up getting the heavy dish overturned and burned with the coals.
So if an earth-quake gets attributed to a god, we find nothing different from other cultures. Whatever the name is, they would give such events super-natural meaning.
If i describe this it would not mean (read back: this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your tendency.) that i have to state that i know exactly what happened allover the world.
That would obviously be daft. All i can do is describe what has been yotted down or what is told in folk-lore.
Overlooking discrepancies and contradictions is exactly what religions usually do.
Religion-to bind by ritual and fixed definitions.
Believe is not the same as knowledge.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Judah is the God of Abraham! Who knew?
Idiot!!
God does not come down to kill israelites you dumbass...
God gets others to do it!
READ the Tanach you nutcase..

But you may have some redeeming qualities...you did challenge the Jewish view of the non Jewish "world"..good for you!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
No matter how you jump up and down, if a person believes in ONE TRUE God then that person has a chance of being recognised as a true believer.
But, if people start worshipping men, those men go down a slippery slope to end up in hell, head first, in hot excrement and semen.
so beware!
If you worship men, they end up in hell with you!
Golly gee, you mean that there is a slim chance that I might be recognized as a "true believer" if I somehow by miraculous chance find myself believing in the "ONE TRUE God" that you also believe in???

Umm.. I don't also have to believe in that Arabian warlord, do I?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot!!
God does not come down to kill israelites you dumbass...
God gets others to do it!
READ the Tanach you nutcase..
But you may have some redeeming qualities...you did challenge the Jewish view of the non Jewish "world"..good for you!
Take your meds.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Come of it.
If the rule state to only give burnt-offerings when all are present, at the proper time and with the proper quorum present to have the ritual go without a glitch. Then we get a parasha/parable about two boys that think differently and go out in the middle ofthe night and end up getting the heavy dish overturned and burned with the coals.
So if an earth-quake gets attributed to a god, we find nothing different from other cultures. Whatever the name is, they would give such events super-natural meaning.
If i describe this it would not mean (read back: this way of not knowing anything with certainty is your tendency.) that i have to state that i know exactly what happened allover the world.
That would obviously be daft. All i can do is describe what has been yotted down or what is told in folk-lore.
Overlooking discrepancies and contradictions is exactly what religions usually do.
Religion-to bind by ritual and fixed definitions.
Believe is not the same as knowledge.
OK, what exactly do you KNOW about the God of Abraham?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Ali wrote:
bmz, If 'Jesus being God' is a lie from Satan, then the Qur'an is doubly a lie because it came from a demon called Jibreal. Any proof that he wasn't a jin? M said it was a jin but Khadija, a woman!!! persuaded him it was an angel!!! lol. Who do we believe? That was the only true thing M ever uttered!
Qadir, nothing is chronological in Islam, especially the mess of a book called the 'holy' Qur'an. We are able to study the origins of our Scriptures whereas to muslims it is SHIRK! We are all quaking!!!Woa boy!
Allah is the pagan moon god - why don't muslims call God Illah, the true word?
Silly Joy of Pune!!!!! get a life or take some prune juice!
bmz, you are ignorant of the Bible and you are obviously in denial to intelligent Western people! All you know is what you have been spoon-fed.
The version you keep quoting from about Jesus saying 'dont cling to me...' is a poor translation. The true translation says,'dont TOUCH me for I have not yet ascended..'
The correct interpretation is that, as per the purification requirements of priests and sacrifices had to be strictly obeyed. No ceremonially unclean or unqualified person was permitted by God to touch the sacrifice until presented before God on the Mercy Seat.
If she had touched Jesus, she would have defiled the sacrifice making it unacceptable to God! Do you grasp this amazing truth? Jesus blood WAS however accepted in heaven, then He came down for all here to touch. Now you are so much of a wiser muslim!(if there is such a thing!) lol
Alex 123, you know nothing, nothing, nothing! You only parrot Islamic ignorance. Illah allah illah, ha ha ha, etc, lol
Shamma, you bless me with you logical and true postings; Paul, you also do well. Sadly guys, the spiritual descendants of the illegitimate Ishmael have brain damage and are unable and unwilling to comprehend any truth.
"You shall know the Truth (Jesus) and the truth shall set you free." Inshallah muslim eyes will open....
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
There is simply no pre-islamic source stating as such.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.

Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Though i find the imagery funny. A mere womens touch would keep him grounded.
Later eating fish seems to have been no objection.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>OK, what exactly do you KNOW about the God of Abraham?
The few remarks and tales in Exodus would be the extend of it, he gave praise to YHWH that would be Elohim.
And one of the lessons is, that human sacrifice is wrong.
Using ancient persian it was the old name for the silk-route.
Using archeology we find Terah and other names associated with Abrams life in the Lake Van area.

Just some ways of looking.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
There is simply no pre-islamic source stating as such.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.
Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Though i find the imagery funny. A mere womens touch would keep him grounded.
Later eating fish seems to have been no objection.
Not necessary that Mary's mother be immaculate, as what she received was a gift.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
And one of the lessons is, that human sacrifice is wrong.
Why is it wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property 20 hr Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••