Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 243315 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163739 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah was not a moongod, at most he would have incorporated all such attributions.
There is simply no pre-islamic source stating as such.
Allah is however attested as a travel god, found on pre-islamic caravan routes at places for rest in stone inscirption and not so different form Allat. Though she lorded it all.
Mary was herself of immaculate reception, so her mother an immacualte reseptee also, so goddess in person if you wish. So his mother can, if your interpretation is correct, not have been the Mary not being allowed to touch even the hem of his robe.
Though i find the imagery funny. A mere womens touch would keep him grounded.
Later eating fish seems to have been no objection.
Your analyses is wring.
What is her problem? That isn’t clear but the phrase “an issue of blood” suggests a menstrual issue. This would have been very serious because among the Jews a menstrating woman was “unclean,” and being perpetually unclean for twelve years couldn’t have been pleasant, even if the condition itself wasn’t physically troublesome. Thus, we have is a person who is not only experiencing a physical malady but a religious one as well.

She doesn’t actually approach to ask for Jesus’ help, which makes sense if she considers herself unclean. Instead, she joins those pressing close to him and touches his garment. This, for some reason, works. Just touching Jesus’ clothing heals her immediately, as if Jesus has imbued his clothing with his power or is leaking healthy energy.

This is strange to our eyes because we look for a “natural” explanation. In first century Judea, however, everyone believed in spirits whose power and abilities were beyond comprehension. The idea of being able to touch a holy person or just their clothing to be healed would not have been odd and no one would have wondered about “leaks.”

The answer comes from Jesus: she was healed not because Jesus wanted to heal her or because she was the only one who needed healing, but rather because she had faith. As with previous instances of Jesus healing someone, it ultimately comes back to the quality of their faith which determines whether it is possible.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163740 Feb 15, 2013
For all the obvious reasons. Do not kill.
And jewish ritual still has a day where they recall being silly in thinking g-d even wanted that. We have free-will and are asked to reason for ourselves what is just. The Law -torah points to using reason...not just blind faith. Also in deciding what laws are having priority.
Comparable the fiqh as used in Islam.
Church law is a bit harder to find.

Numbers 16 however also makes the point of who rules with permission of the g-d.
I'll grant you that. But the hyperbole and attribution is obvious.

It's not a lamb,(which was a replacement of no concern, as in not having the same meaning as taking a human life.) that needs slaughtering in the form of Mithra/jesus imagery to laud the new world order.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163741 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Chronicles 13:15-18.......
How about OT that is MORE ACCEPTABLE to a BUNCH OF LOSERS like you YOU?
15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. When the men of Judah raised the battle cry, ALLAH routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.&#8239;
16 So the Israelites fled before Judah, and ALLAH handed them over to them.&#8239;
17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a mighty blow, and 500,000 choice men of Israel were killed.
18 The Israelites were subdued at that time. The Judahites succeeded because they depended on ALLAH, the God of their ancestors.
NOW YOU CAN BLAME ALLAH FOR BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF ISRAELITES!!!
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
Wow! Now I'm a "BUNCH OF LOSERS." I guess this means that I'm multiply special, somehow...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163742 Feb 15, 2013
COMMENT ON THIS..........
PERSIA HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THIS!!

The Pharisees constituted a religious Order of singular influence in the history of civilization. Judaism, Christianity, and Mohammedanism all derive from this ancient Palestinian Society; and through their influence in the preservation and advancement of learning, it has become the cornerstone of modern civilization. Even Buddhism and Confucianism, which alone among other religions can compare with it in depth of ethical teaching, fall far short of it in the spread of their doctrines. Fully half of the world adheres to Pharisaic faiths; only one fourth as many people follow Confucius, and less than one sixth as many are Buddhists.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163743 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. When the men of Judah raised the battle cry, ALLAH routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.&#8239;
16 So the Israelites fled before Judah, and ALLAH handed them over to them.&#8239;
17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a mighty blow, and 500,000 choice men of Israel were killed.
18 The Israelites were subdued at that time. The Judahites succeeded because they depended on ALLAH, the God of their ancestors.
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
Trivia question:

How many instances in the Qur'an (that would be Mohammad's impeccable and recorded recitation) is ALLAH credited with the murders of Mohammad's enemies, and I'm concentrating here on those JEWS who got in the way of "ALLAH'S" world hegemony.

Location hidden

#163744 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
huh?

This discussion is getting ludicrous,
I'm gone do something else.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163745 Feb 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No, Alex you don't get.

The Church has copies of the originals, and the church is custodian of both the oral teachings and the written teachings handed down by the Apostles.

The Church knows what is authentic Scripture because it also has the oral teachings of the Apostles as taught to them by Jesus.

So the Church can verify what is authentic or false.
I have said many times that the Church fathers lied through their false teeth in founding Christianity and I see you guys telling bold lies.

This is another big lie!!! The Church HAS NO ORIGINALS OF ANYTHING. Nothing! Nada! Zilsch!

If the Church had any original of anything, it would have displayed the books and scraps proudly.

So, please stop lying.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163746 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
COMMENT ON THIS..........
PERSIA HAD A LOT TO DO WITH THIS!!
The Pharisees constituted a religious Order of singular influence in the history of civilization. Judaism, Christianity, and Mohammedanism all derive from this ancient Palestinian Society; and through their influence in the preservation and advancement of learning, it has become the cornerstone of modern civilization. Even Buddhism and Confucianism, which alone among other religions can compare with it in depth of ethical teaching, fall far short of it in the spread of their doctrines. Fully half of the world adheres to Pharisaic faiths; only one fourth as many people follow Confucius, and less than one sixth as many are Buddhists.
How nice to know that the portion of the source article that you posted (without attribution) rightly referred to the religion of Mohammad as "Mohammedanism," since that it all that it has ever been and will ever be.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163747 Feb 15, 2013
TURD has caught up, and done its duty.

Location hidden

#163748 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT ARE YOU? AN IDOT!!!
Ah sarcasm and irony=:P

Shamma (a.k.a) issue of blood...the bugger, to becoming the mentruating god of all creation,(male taking over female) had been bleeding allover the place and suddenly goes al jewish sanctimonious about 'the issue of blood!
You might be right but it is one of those elements that makes the christian-syriac-greek-roman-p ersian story so ridicoulous in it's denial of judaism and hebrew sources, while at the same time using them will-o-the wisp a.k.a. at whim.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163749 Feb 15, 2013
TURD,

Have you made the Hajj yet, or are you a stinking slacker who is waiting for the last minute?

I mean, is there any chance that you won't get past the torments of the grave when you die?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163750 Feb 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Judah is the God of Abraham! Who knew?
YOU WISH THIS was FROM THE QURAN....SO ALLOW ME TO OBLIGE, may Allah forgive me as these books are all a load of rubbish and ALLAH will NEVER be a party to such nonsense!!!!

Did the naughty "GOD" massacre 1,000,000 African Cushites?

2 CHRONICLES...

9 Then Zerah the •Cushite came against them with an army of 1,000,000 men and 300 chariots. They came as far as Mareshah.

10 So Asa marched out against him and lined up in battle formation in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.&#8239;

11 Then Asa cried out to ALLAH:&#8239; “LORD, there is no one besides You to help the mighty and those without strength. Help us, ALLAH our God, for we depend on You, and in Your name we have come against this large army. ALLAH, You are our God. Do not let a mere mortal hinder You.”

12 So ALLAH routed the Cushites before Asa and before Judah gang, and the Cushites fled.

13 Then Asa and the people who were with him pursued them as far as Gerar. The Cushites FELL until they had NO SURVIVORS, for they were crushed before ALLAH and His army. So the JUDAH GANG CARRIED OFF a GREAT SUPPLY of LOOT.

14 Then JUDAH GANG attacked all the cities around Gerar because the terror of ALLAH was on them.&#8239; JUDAH GANG also PLUNDERED ALL THE CITIES, since there was a GREAT DEAL OF PLUNDER in them.

15 JUDAH GANG also ATTACKED the tents of the herdsmen and CAPTURED many SHEEP and CAMELS. Then they RETURNED to JERUSALEM (NOTHING NEW HERE!!!!LOL).

JUDAH GANG WERE MUSLIMS??????????
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163751 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said many times that the Church fathers lied through their false teeth in founding Christianity and I see you guys telling bold lies.
This is another big lie!!! The Church HAS NO ORIGINALS OF ANYTHING. Nothing! Nada! Zilsch!
If the Church had any original of anything, it would have displayed the books and scraps proudly.
So, please stop lying.
You show up, and the spam awards flourish, SPAMBOY.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163752 Feb 15, 2013
Mental Blockhead from Singapore is SPAMBOY.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163753 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?
This discussion is getting ludicrous,
I'm gone do something else.
LOL..
That buford idiot was accusing Allah of attacking Israelites!
So I have taken "his" books and given him Allah!
Fair dos?
lol..........
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163754 Feb 15, 2013
Mental Blockhead form Singapore is TURD.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163755 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WISH THIS was FROM THE QURAN....SO ALLOW ME TO OBLIGE, may Allah forgive me as these books are all a load of rubbish and ALLAH will NEVER be a party to such nonsense!!!!
Did the naughty "GOD" massacre 1,000,000 African Cushites?
2 CHRONICLES...
9 Then Zerah the •Cushite came against them with an army of 1,000,000 men and 300 chariots. They came as far as Mareshah.
10 So Asa marched out against him and lined up in battle formation in the Valley of Zephathah at Mareshah.&#8239;
11 Then Asa cried out to ALLAH:&#8239; “LORD, there is no one besides You to help the mighty and those without strength. Help us, ALLAH our God, for we depend on You, and in Your name we have come against this large army. ALLAH, You are our God. Do not let a mere mortal hinder You.”
12 So ALLAH routed the Cushites before Asa and before Judah gang, and the Cushites fled.
13 Then Asa and the people who were with him pursued them as far as Gerar. The Cushites FELL until they had NO SURVIVORS, for they were crushed before ALLAH and His army. So the JUDAH GANG CARRIED OFF a GREAT SUPPLY of LOOT.
14 Then JUDAH GANG attacked all the cities around Gerar because the terror of ALLAH was on them.&#8239; JUDAH GANG also PLUNDERED ALL THE CITIES, since there was a GREAT DEAL OF PLUNDER in them.
15 JUDAH GANG also ATTACKED the tents of the herdsmen and CAPTURED many SHEEP and CAMELS. Then they RETURNED to JERUSALEM (NOTHING NEW HERE!!!!LOL).
JUDAH GANG WERE MUSLIMS??????????
So you say. Your "prophet" would be proud of them.

Location hidden

#163756 Feb 15, 2013
What made the romans so reprehensible.

The very fact that they did believe in human sacrifice.
If a high official was on his deathbed a two/fight would be organised where on man was supposed to die) so fight to the death' and the other would be sacrificed.

Also mithraism has blood elements as does cybele and the gang of Gath -Gawd. Al enemies of YHWH as well as f.i. Baal Hamolech.

The ancient greeks believed that which was named would exist forever. As an old magic theme present in many cultures. So also a remembered name of a person or concept.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163757 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
But i guess you would agree that contradictions in the NT and even John's gospel are not helping.
Nor does the fad of borrowing from the Torah or tanakh.
I say we had one homest poster (though he did go on about the calendar a bit) that admitted that christianity has no leg to stand on without using the tanakh for a cruch.
Same would go for islam.
Just in general. If we would read Homer we would first check out whether the translations is done by experts. And a good edition would show in the footnotes what is still under discussion.
So basicly you would need to use a bible that does the same.
Well there is the 10,000 plus pages version that theologians would have access to. And on the net if you know where to look.
Your statement is made out of ignorance Maat.
Christianity did not barrow any Scripture from The Torah or tanakh.
Jesus fukfilled the prophecy of The Torah.
http://christiananswers.net/dictionary/messia...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163758 Feb 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
That buford idiot was accusing Allah of attacking Israelites!
So I have taken "his" books and given him Allah!
Of course you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ScienceDiscovery of female bones at Stonehenge ... Feb 8 Ray 1
News Historic Graves Unearthed in St. Augustine, Flo... Jan 29 Respectdead 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jan 27 MUQ2 191
News Confederate flag's removal turns King Day into ... Jan 22 Sneaky Pete 4
News Expert weighs in on search for 12 Marines missi... Jan 17 Le Jimbo 1
News Singer Justin Bieber asked to leave Mexico's Tu... Jan '16 PLEASE 1
News Eve Was Created From Adam's Penis, Professor Cl... Jan '16 Chasm 1
More from around the web