Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 220376 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163564 Feb 14, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism does not define Christianity, Christians do; and they find no conflict between the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament. The New Testament flows from the Old Testament as one seamless fabric. Note: Jesus came to His own and they rejected Him, so no surprise they do agree with Christian teachings, but what they believe has no bearing on the truth.
Islam on the other hand does not agree with the OT or the NT, they reject the teachings of the prophets as corrupt.
Even the Jews do not agree with your OT. They do not even touch it and neither do they read or recite that forgery.

The OT and the New T are miles apart. We do not acknowledge the Christians' OT as the Jewish Holy Scriptures. OT is a forged copy of a translation known as the Septuagint and other books.

NT itself is a forgery, built by the Church and her fathers over centuries.
bmz

Singapore

#163565 Feb 14, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
If mohammad wrote the koran, allah would be mohammad's alter ego.
No.

You can apply Alter Ego to your Jesus, who went crazy as the NT shows. It fits him very well, the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde of Christianity.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#163566 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the absurd Triune God fit in Judaism?
You cannot say that the alleged triune God was the God of Israel.
The point is that the God concocted by your Church does not fit the description of the God of Israel.
Israel has only one God, while you have a Godhead of three.
No, we have been shown three aspects of the one God.
You have been shown none.
The jinn deceiving mad mo the butchering paedophile gave you the sick evil creed called islam.
bmz

Singapore

#163567 Feb 14, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe in only one God and you can lie about it all you want but it will not change the facts.
You believe in only one God?

OK, then declare the following suggested Creed:

"We Christians believe in the one LORD Almighty God of Israel. We do not believe that Jesus was God. We also do not believe that the Holy Ghost is God. We do not believe in the man-made Trinity."

I am waiting.

John

Brisbane, Australia

#163568 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Jews do not agree with your OT. They do not even touch it and neither do they read or recite that forgery.
The OT and the New T are miles apart. We do not acknowledge the Christians' OT as the Jewish Holy Scriptures. OT is a forged copy of a translation known as the Septuagint and other books.
Except for the addition of a few books in the Protestant Bible the Old Testament is exactly the same as the "Jewish Holy Scriptures".
Duh.
The New Testament is a collection of books and testaments by the church, not written by the church you moron.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163569 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
islam does not agree with either the Hebrew Holy Scriptures or the Christianís Holy Bible thus they should not be called an Abrahamic religion and allah should be consigned to the rank of a myth.
The NT flows out of the OT; for all the prophets of Israel foretold the day of Jesus, Emmanuel, God with us. Jesus on the road to Emaus opened the Hebrew Scriptures to His disciples showing how they all foretold of Him, His death and Resurrection.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#163570 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
"We Christians believe in the one LORD Almighty God of Israel. We do not believe that Jesus was God. We also do not believe that the Holy Ghost is God. We do not believe in the man-made Trinity."
I am waiting.
Uh. It's like talking to an animal.
God the Father and God the Son and the Holy Spirit are all aspect of the same being.
Just like ice and snow and steam are all aspects of water.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163571 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You can apply Alter Ego to your Jesus, who went crazy as the NT shows. It fits him very well, the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde of Christianity.
allah was mohammad's alter ego who would change his mind to allow mohammad to sin with impunity.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163572 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am waiting.
I believe in God the Father almighty Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilot, died and was bury. He descended into hell and on the third day rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father; from whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin and life everlasting.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163573 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
He used to go and relax there. Why?
In other words that's where he invented his own moon god.
bmz

Singapore

#163574 Feb 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the addition of a few books in the Protestant Bible the Old Testament is exactly the same as the "Jewish Holy Scriptures".
Duh.
The New Testament is a collection of books and testaments by the church, not written by the church you moron.
Another lie!

The Old Testament is NOT exactly the same as the Jewish Holy Scriptures! It is full of forgeries and distortion.

Please do not try to fool the international readers. They can read both books in parallel and discover a world of forgeries in the Old Testament.
bmz

Singapore

#163575 Feb 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
God the Father and God the Son and the Holy Spirit are all aspect of the same being.
It is not the same being, Idiot!

If it were true, then Christianity would have claimed there is only one God, who sometimes becomes a father, changes into son, then turns into a ghost and goes back to normal.

Your problem is that you do not even know what your God is.

So, your God keeps going into different modes. Is that so, Christian Beast?
bmz

Singapore

#163576 Feb 14, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
Note: Jesus came to His own and they rejected Him, so no surprise they do NOT agree with Christian teachings, but what they believe has no bearing on the truth.
I think they rejected him because of his incoherence and off-topic replies.
bmz

Singapore

#163577 Feb 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words that's where he invented his own moon god.
So, what is the word for moon in Arabic?

And what this alleged moon god, concocted by the ignorant Christian fool Robert Morey, is called in Arabic?

Check with that idiot evangelist and let me know. The problem is that he does not know how his moan-God (I mean the absurd man-God or God-man) came.

Location hidden

#163578 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please stop quoting the forgery and fraud, known as Matthew 28:19.
Peter never blessed or baptized any one in the name of the three alleged members of the monstrosity and absurdity known as Trinity.
You triune God does not exist.
What was the new covenant? Any description?
Are you drunk?
You are incoherently repeating the same gibberish over and over on your posting.
The new Covenant placed the forgiveness of sins on the redemption works of Jesus suffering and dying on the cross for our sins.

Jesus being the Son of God had the authority being equal to the Father to command the disciples to baptize all nations in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
bmz

Singapore

#163579 Feb 14, 2013
Paul, a question

Is the alleged Holy Spirit always present at Vatican and the Catholic Churches?

Think carefully, before you answer.
bmz

Singapore

#163580 Feb 14, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk?
You are incoherently repeating the same gibberish over and over on your posting.
The new Covenant placed the forgiveness of sins on the redemption works of Jesus suffering and dying on the cross for our sins.
Jesus being the Son of God had the authority being equal to the Father to command the disciples to baptize all nations in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
I am not. I do not drink.

My posts are always clear. It was the incoherence of the biblical Jesus that I was talking about.

A son can never be equal to his father. Can a son be called father of his father?

Jesus is not the son of God. Jesus was the SON OF MARY. That is more factual.

Matthew 28:19 is a fraud, so do not keep parroting out that junk verse. Your own Western scholars do not agree with it and consider it a forgery that was added in centuries later, after teh unholy and ugly Trinity was fabricated.
bmz

Singapore

#163581 Feb 14, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
God, the Mother does not agree with you.
bmz

Singapore

#163582 Feb 14, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in God the Father almighty Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord. Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilot, died and was bury. He descended into hell and on the third day rose again from the dead and ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father; from whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin and life everlasting.
This blasphemy came 350 years after Jesus was long gone. Nothing in there from Jesus.

I really can't understand how you guys fail to understand the absurdities that you read???

Location hidden

#163583 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the same being, Idiot!
If it were true, then Christianity would have claimed there is only one God, who sometimes becomes a father, changes into son, then turns into a ghost and goes back to normal.
Your problem is that you do not even know what your God is.
So, your God keeps going into different modes. Is that so, Christian Beast?
Your words are that of an drunken idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screenwriter needs to consult... May 25 Teslafan 1
Hands-on Archaeology of New Mexico Exhibit at t... May 23 Dairine 1
News Hair Extension Found On Ancient Egyptian Woman May 5 Akhenaten 1
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr '15 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr '15 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr '15 Crazy Talk 12
More from around the web