Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253562 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163598 Feb 14, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
@ John
The bible states that there is nothing new under the sun. Every image has at one time been recycled through history. I don't know what value the moon and star hold to you, however the moon and star to muslims represent the lunar calender, and the fact that many of us traveled by night, and still until this day travel by night in the deserts due to excessive heat in the day time. That is all that it means to me. we do not worship the moon or the srars we worship God.
Qur'anic verse — "Do not worship the sun or the moon, but worship Allah Who created them." (41:37).
Clearly based on the Quran, we muslims do not worship the moon or stars. It is merely an identifying symbol of our people in antiquities, which was revived during the rise of the Ottoman empire.
There is a lot of propaganda out there concerning the moon and star, and it's meaning held by muslims, but symbols are not illegal according to the bible or any holy text, unless you worship them.
Judaic stars, Christian crosses, or muslims crecent moon and star are just to identify the religion or people.
LMAO!
Sorry Muslim, but your post reflects the false teachings of Muhammad.
From the Quran teachings:
Allah is the best deceiver.
Post 1: Tue May 29, 2012 9:21 pm Post subject: Is Allah a Liar?

----------

"Who made people believe that Jesus died on the Cross although he was not crucified? Who managed to make it appear so? Allah! Allah performed a greater deception than even the enemies of Jesus who wanted him dead. And because of the deception of Allah, the majority of people believe until this day that Jesus died on the cross — according to the author of the Qur'an."

The Bible states that Satan is the "father of lies and the author of confusion." The Quran states that Allah is "The best of deceivers" Although Muslim translations are trying to lose the meaning of the "Makr" of Allah and say he is "the best of planners," but scholars know better.

Putting mans words in the Qutan are not the words of God.

Location hidden

#163599 Feb 14, 2013
MAAT wrote:
“To act as a physician, the priest must make one sick! In other words, before
Christianity can present itself as the answer, it first has to generate the problem, or “poison the wound”. Before people can be sold salvation they need to be persuaded that they require saving, that their existence is miserable.“ Friedrich Nietzsche
It appears Nietzsche was a dope addict, his books were hardly sold.
By 1882, Nietzsche was taking huge doses of opium, but was still having trouble sleeping.[72] In 1883, while staying in Nice, he was writing out his own prescriptions for the sedative chloral hydrate, signing them 'Dr Nietzsche'.[73]

After severing his philosophical ties with Schopenhauer and his social ties with Wagner, Nietzsche had few remaining friends. Now, with the new style of Zarathustra, his work became even more alienating and the market received it only to the degree required by politeness. Nietzsche recognized this and maintained his solitude, though he often complained about it. His books remained largely unsold. In 1885 he printed only 40 copies of the fourth part of Zarathustra, and distributed only a fraction of these among close friends, including Helene von Druskowitz.
uhuh

Spain

#163600 Feb 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Jesus' punishment in hell (b Git 57a)
With boiling hot excrement, since a Master has said: Whoever mocks at the words of the Sages is punished with boiling hot excrement.
the talmud mentions that Onkelos/Aquila the Roman (author of Targum Onkelos) before his conversion to Judaism, spoke to the dead using incantations
Gittin 57a reads "he went and raised up Yeshua ha-Notzri" in the Munich and Vatican mss, but later Soncino printed "he went and raised up the sinners of Israel"
uhuh

Spain

#163601 Feb 14, 2013
Onkelos: How are you doing in the other world?
Balaam & Jesus: We are drowning in hot shit!

same goes for "whoever mocks the words of the Sages"
the moral of the story
truth

Perth, Australia

#163602 Feb 14, 2013
coca moca
a e i o u
see
if you put
mecca
aeiou
mac mec mic moc muc
mac=sword
see
be good
peace
they turn against each other

duhen pogledaj slova i izmisaj i vidi tko
truth

Perth, Australia

#163603 Feb 14, 2013
moca m oca otac oca=father
see
be good

i say to you
be good

i been good to you
for save you
where ever you going you going to me
heaven

you investing in me

i don't need do nothing at all

where ever you going i am everywhere
truth

Perth, Australia

#163604 Feb 14, 2013
if you kill me
i am again alive

where ever you going transform..i am always name above all..does meter how much you caLL I AM STILL EVERYTHING YOURS.

I don't stolen nothing from anyone.

Location hidden

#163605 Feb 14, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you soooooooo obsessed with Muslims? What is your real gripe with Islam and Muslims?
Did a Muslim boy dump you, Shamma?
Instead of wasting time on silly, stupid and absurd posts to defend the indefensible Christianity and her books, you should read the entire New Testament. And when you read, highlight with a red marker on all absurd verses that you comes across.
Only then the truth shall set you free.
You are truly a Muhammadan.
Muhammad was a narcissist and Muslims reflect the narcissist of Muhammad.
What is my gripe with Islam?
A Christian dies after being shot five times by Muslims angry that he would not embrace Islam.
2/1/2013 Egypt Alexandria 0 1 A Christian woman is stabbed on the street by Muslim hardliners.
1/28/2013 Turkey Istanbul 1 0 An 85-year-old Christian woman is stabbed to death by an attacker who then carves a cross on her body.
1/16/2013 Nigeria Jos 4 2 Four Christians are the victims of a Muslim drive-by.
1/16/2013 Algeria Tigantourine 2 6 Armed Islamists attack an oil field, killing two people they identified as Christians and kidnapping over a hundred workers.
1/8/2013 Iraq Mosul 1 12 A car bomb at a supermarket in a Christian area kills a medical student.
1/7/2013 Iraq Mosul 1 0 A female Christian teacher's throat is cut by dedicated Muslims.
12/31/2012 Syria Ras al-Ayn 1 0 A pregnant Christian woman is left widowed after her husband is beheaded Islamic radicals and fed to dogs.
12/30/2012 Pakistan Ittehad Chowk 1 1 Gunmen fire at two Christian brothers in a targeted attack. One later dies of injuries.
12/30/2012 Libya Misrata 2 2 Islamists toss a hand grenade at worshippers leaving a Coptic church, killing two.
12/30/2012 Nigeria Kyachi 15 0 Islamists invade a church service on Sunday morning, tie up fifteen worshippers and execute them.(Follows similar attack elsewhere two days earlier).
12/28/2012 Turkey Samatya 1 0 An 84-year-old Christian woman is stabbed to death by a Muslim in what is called a 'racist' attack.
12/28/2012 Nigeria Musari 15 0 Islamists tie up fifteen women and children inside a church, then slit their throats while shouting praises to Allah.
12/27/2012 Pakistan Quetta 1 0 A Christian girl is shot execution style through the head.
12/26/2012 Sudan Buram 4 0 A 70-year-old woman and two children are among four Christians killed in an Islamic bomb attack.
12/26/2012 Nigeria Bachit 5 0 Suspected Fulani murder three villagers, including a married couple, in attacks on two Christian homes.
12/25/2012 Pakistan Iqbal 0 12 At least a dozen Christian men, women and children s are set on with guns and iron rods by a Muslim mob outside their church.
12/25/2012 Nigeria Rim 1 0 A Christian is killed in his home by Fulani gunmen in front of his family.
12/25/2012 Tanzania Zanzibar City 0 1 A Catholic priest is shot in the chest by Muslim gunmen.
12/25/2012 Nigeria Peri 6 4 A pastor and five worshippers are slaughtered in a Religion of Peace attack on a Christmas morning church service.
12/24/2012 Nigeria Maiduguri 6 0 Six people are killed in a Christmas Eve church attack by Religion of Peace gunmen.
12/18/2012 Sudan Eire 5 1 Two 4-year-olds and a baby are among a Christian family of five killed in an Islamic bombing.
12/8/2012 Somalia Beledweyne 1 0 Religion of Peace activists shoot 55-year-old Christian to death for leaving Islam.
12/6/2012 Nigeria Yankaba 2 0 Two Christian teenagers are executed by gunmen on a motorcycle yelling,'Allah akbar'.
12/3/2012 Pakistan Lahore 1 0 A 72-year-old female Christian charity worker is shot in the neck by suspected Islamists.
12/2/2012 Nigeria Chibok 10 0 Religion of Peace proponents invade a Christian village in the middle of the night and massacre ten residents.
12/1/2012 Nigeria Gamboru Ngala 2 0 Two guards die when Muslims shouting 'Allah Akbar' burn churches.

This is a Muslim pattern of killing Christians.

Location hidden

#163606 Feb 14, 2013
Rights and freedom.
Taken away by Sharia law.
&li st=UU-nDa6eoeSk8xeb5UnNVp5g
truth

Perth, Australia

#163607 Feb 15, 2013
sharija
carija
carolija caranje varanje=spell

now
ts turn against each other

if you stop your weapens wil be good no nuke
then dot to dot
ha ha
they will press bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163608 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they rejected him because of his incoherence and off-topic replies.
His message might be incoherent to you but not for 2 billion Christians who know Jesus is our God and Savior!!!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163609 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
Paul, a question
Is the alleged Holy Spirit always present at Vatican and the Catholic Churches?
Think carefully, before you answer.
The Holy Spirit is present in all His people; unless they commit a mortal sin and the Holy Spirit leaves them. Those who are baptized in the water and the Spirit receive sanctifying grace and become temples of the Holy Spirit. So when muslims kill a born again Christian they are destroying a temple of God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163610 Feb 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This blasphemy came 350 years after Jesus was long gone. Nothing in there from Jesus.
I really can't understand how you guys fail to understand the absurdities that you read???
The Creed was known long before the Council of Nicaea. The Council only put to rest those heretics that claimed Jesus was not God.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163611 Feb 15, 2013
truth wrote:
then your knife is mir=pease or opose pease..
now
Are you for sure you are real Creator and your majecty position will help you..
me no
its not me
but if someone say
o you emire and nemire
ha ha ha ha
bummmmmmmmmm
see
no do that
arab bare pare repa=tile=elite see words
be good
crown=life
cro w n
3x kamencica
Now that's the most intriguing thing i read since long.

We could start a religion around it.

Location hidden

#163612 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Creed was known long before the Council of Nicaea. The Council only put to rest those heretics that claimed Jesus was not God.
The point is that you can not proof that.
Church-history was written long after any such facts were verifiable.
No extraneous sources and even the fgospel state: they heard him say, they saw nothing but he told them .

You are just believing soemthing that can nver be proven.
Gnostic writing was banned.
I reeks of desperation to now use god with breasts and gnostic material as proof.

Location hidden

#163613 Feb 15, 2013
I say truth they are fun judgin too :P
truth

Perth, Australia

#163614 Feb 15, 2013
i am not care what you say
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo
you are within meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee

all heavens from all heavens
where ever you going
you are still liar

its ok if you not
liars and thief
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163615 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that you can not proof that.
Church-history was written long after any such facts were verifiable.
No extraneous sources and even the fgospel state: they heard him say, they saw nothing but he told them .
You are just believing soemthing that can nver be proven.
Gnostic writing was banned.
I reeks of desperation to now use god with breasts and gnostic material as proof.
This is coming from someone who believes the koran came from God! There is no original koran so no one can say what you call the koran even came from some 7th century war lord. Even if it came from mohammad it is only the second hand word of a spirit that some woman told mohammad was Gabriel. The koran does not even agree with the Torah! What do you have to prove koran is anything but a fictional work used to control the arab people. The koran is used for mind control only.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163616 Feb 15, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
This abomination with 99 attributes with its headquarters in Mecca/Kaaba is not the the God of Israel.
No Jew will ever say that Allah of the Muslims is the God of Israel.
ROFL
If there is God, there can only be ONE God.

If Allah is God of Ishmael then Allah WILL be God of Israel!!

Naturally a Jew will want to own God and you can see that from his books. But God hopefully will forgive him because he still believes in ONE true God.

What a Christian thinks is an insult to God and totally against God. To turn God into a pooing peeing man is not what God is about!

A Muslim believes in ONE God who is not a man.

It is not up to Jew Muslim Christian or others to own God!

God will decide.

At the end of the day the name of God should fit the NATURE of God.

Therfore, if we BELIEVE that we worship only ONE God then we all must be worshipping THE SAME GOD.

Simple!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163617 Feb 15, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
...Even if it came from mohammad it is only the second hand word of a spirit that some woman told mohammad was Gabriel..
Second hand ANGEL is BETTER than first hand EVIL Spirit DEMON and GHOST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul 26 Georgina 45
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul 23 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
More from around the web