Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163360 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these original texts recited by mohammad?
rabbee: well that was the problem, since only muhammed could speak modern english and modern arabic at that time. so no body else, understood what in the hell he was saying. so they wrote, whatever in the hell they wanted anyway.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163361 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>The Quran was written after the death of Muhammad. The prophet Muhammad recited the text throughout his life to scribes who recorded it. Koran mean "to recite".
rabbee: yeah i get the same story from christians, jews, buddists, taoists, hindu's, athiests, agnostics, who all recite their own bogus crap too. but the fact remains, the quran has some words, that did not exist untill after the 15th century. a very long time, between the reciting and the recording. and i fear that, it is not truly memorex. oh and by the way, have you heard any recitals from obama lately? which are about as unG-Dly accurate, as the quran, the christian new testament, king james, budda, mao tse tung new testament, and jewish new testament too. such a deal!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163362 Feb 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Islamic Shariah is the set of rules and guidelines that has been by our Creator.
Including how to properly wipe your ass after shitting. Yes, it matters to "our Creator."

“warning angel of Allah”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#163363 Feb 13, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so do you believe essencially, that 'hey you!' is an acceptable name and shows respect for G-D? or bob, bud, billie, or sob, or ahole are also correct to use? or any other name you, or any one else damn well pleases? then you will fit right in, with the rest of the gravy sucking clowns on this message board.
Okay, one can determine who the trolls are around here, like real quick lol. When you want a real discussion, then we can talk. If you are an atheist aka Khafir, then there is nothing for me to say to you. You seem secure in your chosen path. Peace be with you.

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163364 Feb 13, 2013
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

If there is anyone here, who can talk or debate above a second grade level, then I will be here to converse with you. If you rather choose to insult and make yourself look more ignorant than you already appear to be, then don't waste my time.
Sincerely yours, Suhayl Hadar
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163365 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
If there is anyone here, who can talk or debate above a second grade level, then I will be here to converse with you. If you rather choose to insult and make yourself look more ignorant than you already appear to be, then don't waste my time.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163366 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Do you believe Muhammad's revelations came from the God of Israel?

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163367 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you asking me where are the original manuscripts of the Quran ?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163368 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
This has to be a trick question, because no man can define Allah.
The God of Abraham, the God Issac and the God of Jacob is a Triune God. He is the Creator of all things visible and invisible. Since the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob created all things, allah could not be God. Who then is allah?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163369 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>Are you asking me where are the original manuscripts of the Quran ?
I am asking where are the original texts dictated by mohammad to the scribes.

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163370 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe Muhammad's revelations came from the God of Israel?
When you say "the God of Israel", it makes one think of a tribal deity. Is not the God of Israel the God of the entire planet ?

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163371 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am asking where are the original texts dictated by mohammad to the scribes.
Okay I understand what you are asking now. The scribes would write the revelations of God from Muhammmad. However it was not in what many would invision as a class room setting. The scribes would write down on anything they could find at the moment. It was very crude, such as rocks, stones, and even the blade of a camel. All of which have been held in museums. As with many holy texts, it takes the initiative of a King to bring all of God's word into one form called a book. King James did this for Christianity. Likewise Salam the Persian gathered all the holy text into written form called the Quran. As I stated elsewhere on this forum, not all text where completed during his lifetime. The complete text was written after his death. The following picture is just to provide you with an example of how crude some of the methods of recording were. Keep in mind, writing the truth on stones and bones, is better than writing lies on Gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Surat_al-Fa...

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163372 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The God of Abraham, the God Issac and the God of Jacob is a Triune God. He is the Creator of all things visible and invisible. Since the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob created all things, allah could not be God. Who then is allah?
You wrote, "The God of Abraham, Issac, and the God of Jacob." I stated that no man can define Allah / God. Yes he is the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob, but in saying that, do you really believe that you a mere mortal have just defined The fullness of God in all of his glory and in all that he is ? As I stated before, this thread had to be a trick question. No man can define God. The most wise among us can't even grapple with what God is.

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163373 Feb 13, 2013
Allah / God is so much more to us, than man can describe. Here is one of the best tries I have heard yet. It is very beautiful, and if you can come away after hearing this video still thinking that we are not all one people of God, then I don't know what else I can say.

&li st=FLHINVvIjR049eS0FiFjLqcQ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163374 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>Okay I understand what you are asking now. The scribes would write the revelations of God from Muhammmad. However it was not in what many would invision as a class room setting. The scribes would write down on anything they could find at the moment. It was very crude, such as rocks, stones, and even the blade of a camel. All of which have been held in museums. As with many holy texts, it takes the initiative of a King to bring all of God's word into one form called a book. King James did this for Christianity. Likewise Salam the Persian gathered all the holy text into written form called the Quran. As I stated elsewhere on this forum, not all text where completed during his lifetime. The complete text was written after his death. The following picture is just to provide you with an example of how crude some of the methods of recording were. Keep in mind, writing the truth on stones and bones, is better than writing lies on Gold.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Surat_al-Fa...
The Holy Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church who has its authority to speak for God through the Keys give her by Jesus to St Peter. King James was not authorized by God to translate the Holy Bible and he certainly did not put the Holy Bible together.

When did God give Salam the Persian the authority to mess with the text of the koran? The original koran had no pronunciation marks and many interpretations of the original texts could be made; there were several different version at one time. Now if you say people had memorized the original text and so the koran was interpreted from the memories of others. What assurance do you have from God these people’s memories were correct; after all, we know how poor memories are.

“warning angel of Allah”

Location hidden

#163375 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church who has its authority to speak for God through the Keys give her by Jesus to St Peter. King James was not authorized by God to translate the Holy Bible and he certainly did not put the Holy Bible together.
When did God give Salam the Persian the authority to mess with the text of the koran? The original koran had no pronunciation marks and many interpretations of the original texts could be made; there were several different version at one time. Now if you say people had memorized the original text and so the koran was interpreted from the memories of others. What assurance do you have from God these people’s memories were correct; after all, we know how poor memories are.
You are mixing politics with spirituality. Such seems to be a mistake made by many who try to hold a monopoly on religion to control others. The scripture informs us "that without faith, it is impossible to please God." That being so, I assume it is your faith that validates the catholic church over the protestant church, right? I say that, because you were not around to see Peter give anyone any set of keys to do anything. Once again, you are inserting politics into religion. The only reason Catholics had a problem with King James, is because he took power from the Catholic church, via translating the word of God from Latin into English. I Guess that is what the catholic church refers to as heracy ?

When Jesus returns, do you think he will approve of your huge megaplexes called churches, and would he approve of the huge money maker that the church has become ? Would he approve of your using of politics to minipulate God's people ? Was it not Jesus who whipped the money changers out of the temples? When did religion turn into big business ? There is no one true church, just one true God. Those who love God and submit to him, are his beloved. anything else is politics, and I'm disgusted with political teachers.

Location hidden

#163376 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>When you say "the God of Israel", it makes one think of a tribal deity. Is not the God of Israel the God of the entire planet ?
I know that, that is why I asked you that question.
And you should know that also.

I asked that question because the God of Israel is the author of the Holy Bible.
The Old and New Testament of God.
So, I ask you again ,did Muhammad's revelations come from the God of Israel?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163377 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church sees no conflict between the teachings of Jesus and St Paul. So the problem is with you if you think there is a difference. I would take what Spirit filled people teach over what a heathen thinks. I like it how you muslims think you know more than what God's Church knows. Only the feeble minded would fall for your arguments; you don't even fall for your logic when it is applied to the koran and mohammad. As you know the koran has been changed since the original, with the satanic verses being removed, and how, someone decades after mohammad died, re-wrote the koran and had all other version burned.
Dear Paul,

Have mercy on your own soul!

Paul, according to Shamma's post, wants everyone to suffer. Jesus does not.

Not only the Catholic Church is blind but you are also are really blind.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163378 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Catechism book of the Catholic Church.
Want answers? read the book from this link.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Been there, done that!

I have already told you that Catechism is a collection of Fatwas (opinions) by men, who did not know Jesus and did not understand his teachings. It is NOT scripture.

Location hidden

#163379 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote, "The God of Abraham, Issac, and the God of Jacob." I stated that no man can define Allah / God. Yes he is the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob, but in saying that, do you really believe that you a mere mortal have just defined The fullness of God in all of his glory and in all that he is ? As I stated before, this thread had to be a trick question. No man can define God. The most wise among us can't even grapple with what God is.
You ask? what is God?
The answer is- God is Spirit.
John 4:23-24
Jesus said, But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

So we know from the word of Jesus that God is Spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... Apr 27 peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Apr 26 Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web