Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,138

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John

Brisbane, Australia

#163112 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospel of John was written by many Johns while they were sitting in the John.
It is the most corrupted and the most forged gospel.
Had it only been written by John, it would not have the following absurdity in third person singular:
"Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them.(This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said,“Lord, who is going to betray you?”)
When Peter saw him, he asked,“Lord, what about him?”
Jesus answered,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”"
And the killer line, which shows many Johns wrote John:
"This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true."
Don't believe in John's crap!
Once again, you don't understand what you read.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#163113 Feb 11, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
decrees and dialogues in the books of Daniel and Ezra were written in Aramaic, as they were originally spoken by the prophets in exile
Daniel: "Blessed be the name of Elah" (Dan 2:20)
he did not say "Blessed be the name of YHWH"
who is Elah?
"Elah of my fathers" (Dan 2:23), "Elah yisrael" (Ezra 5:1)
You are right Brother, Eli, El, Elohi, Elohim, Al-Ilah (Allah), all are from same source and sound like same.

The difference is only in dialect of people separated by distance and age.

A Jewish prophet would have very little problem in understanding Allah....than if you say God or Deus or Ishvar or Bhagwan.

Jews and Arabs are both Semites and Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic are sister languages and they all are Eastern Languages.

Somehow the Christianity has become a Western religion and the language of New testament became Greek, Latin and now English.

These people never read their scriptures in the original Hebrew or Aramaic....otherwise they would never have though Allah as a Strange word for their God.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163114 Feb 11, 2013
Allah created jinn devils before he created humans..
http://www.inthenameofallah.org/Jinn%20&%...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163115 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right Brother, Eli, El, Elohi, Elohim, Al-Ilah (Allah), all are from same source and sound like same.
The difference is only in dialect of people separated by distance and age.
A Jewish prophet would have very little problem in understanding Allah....than if you say God or Deus or Ishvar or Bhagwan.
Jews and Arabs are both Semites and Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic are sister languages and they all are Eastern Languages.
Somehow the Christianity has become a Western religion and the language of New testament became Greek, Latin and now English.
These people never read their scriptures in the original Hebrew or Aramaic....otherwise they would never have though Allah as a Strange word for their God.
Your post shows God is plural.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163116 Feb 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you, who could not understand what I wrote.

I wrote this:

"The gospel of John was written by many Johns while they were sitting in the John.
It is the most corrupted and the most forged gospel.

Had it only been written by John, it would not have the following absurdity in third person singular:

"Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them.(This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said,“Lord, who is going to betray you?”)
When Peter saw him, he asked,“Lord, what about him?”

Jesus answered,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”"

And the killer line, which shows many Johns wrote John:

"This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true."

Don't believe in John's crap!"

If John had written John himself, he would have written in this manner:

"Peter turned and saw that I, the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them.(It was I who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and I had said,“Lord, who is going to betray you?”)

When Peter saw me, he asked,“Lord, what about him?”

Jesus answered,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that I would not die. But Jesus did not say that I would not die; he only said,“If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”"

"It is I, John the disciple who testify to these things and I am the one, who wrote them down. I know that my testimony is true."

I am writing here in English, not in Swahili.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#163117 Feb 12, 2013
Paul wrote:
01. St Paul received his authority to go to the gentiles from the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church. Every leader of the Catholic Church has gotten their authority form their predecessor going directly back to the apostles.

02. The 'gospel' of brarnabas is a 16th century fake and it is not surprising that you would accept it as gospel since you take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord that some spirit told him what some god told him to tell him.

03. Where did mohammad's authority come from to speak for God. Some unknown spirit that some woman told him was Gabriel; we do know how reliable the word of a woman is; don't we?
Ans.

01. St. Paul was Already a Self Declared Apostle of Jesus Before the so called Jesus' Catholic Church ratified him. It seems you do not know your own Church' history.

02. I asked you what is difference between a First Century Forgery and a 16th Century Forgery and you did not answer that. I do not say that Gospel of Barnabas is 100 % accurate, but it has "more truth content" than the existing four "authorized" Gospel.

03. Our Prophet got the authority in the same way as Moses, Jesus and other prophets got it.

Who told Moses that God was speaking to him? A "girlish" voice?

A who told Mary that she could conceive? Another "girlish" voice?

It seems you are more bigoted than I thought first!!
bmz

Singapore

#163118 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post shows God is plural.
Where, where, where, Trinitarian?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#163119 Feb 12, 2013
uhuh wrote:
the sole reason why some muslims object to Arab-speaking christians using the name Allah is because they view christians as blaspheming the name
e.g. when reciting "Bismi Allah al-Ab wal-Ibn wal-Ruh al-Quds"
they should've just use "Bismi YHWH al-Ab wal-Ibn wal-Ruh al-Quds"
or better yet, "Bismi Jesus al-Ab wal-Ibn wal-Ruh al-Quds"
I Think the "still shorter" Version could be "In the name of St. Paul"!!

Then you need not say anything else, it would be self inclusive and self conclusive and very straightforward!!
bmz

Singapore

#163120 Feb 12, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
John, do you really know why you are a Christian?

I will tell you. Because you understand nothing.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#163121 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your post shows God is plural.
You are right, It is plural, but this is a plural of Respect and not Plural of Numbers.

Every Eastern language has this Plural of Respect.

Some how Western Languages lack these Plural of Respect (but it is still used in Royal Decrees....We have decided such and such).

That is why these literal minded Western Translators of Eastern language scriptures got confused.

They should have first checked with some one who is proficient in Eastern languages.
bmz

Singapore

#163122 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Allah created jinn devils before he created humans..
No.

Allah created Jinns. One became the Devil after he disobeyed God.

This Devil's colleagues were called Demons and they knew Jesus better. ;)

I think Jesus, who was Satan's buddy in the wilderness, had planted them with Satan's help among some Israelites, so that he could show some weird miracles of driving them out, later.

How come there were no demons before Jesus in Israel?

Do you seriously believe that demons were living in men and women?
bmz

Singapore

#163123 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, It is plural, but this is a plural of Respect and not Plural of Numbers.
Every Eastern language has this Plural of Respect.
Some how Western Languages lack these Plural of Respect (but it is still used in Royal Decrees....We have decided such and such).
That is why these literal minded Western Translators of Eastern language scriptures got confused.
They should have first checked with some one who is proficient in Eastern languages.
Thanks for clarifying that, MUQ.

That kind of beautiful language cannot be found in the crude Greek language, unfit for any Scripture.

That is why one mostly sees "I and my" in the Christian Bible.

We see the word 'We' ONLY once in John 21:24 "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true."

I have not yet seen the word "We' anywhere else in the gospels.

Salaams
BMZ
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163124 Feb 12, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the Catholic Church has the authority to talk for God. The Catholic Church is Emanuael, God with us. We are know taught by God!
rabbee: if only they knew the difference, between talking for G-D, or talking as a g-d. when it becomes obvious the catholic church, is not in charge of this world either. no matter how much they also, want to look as if in charge.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163126 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
pff you really should read the Aetate.
The link is given, for the comparison with isam.
We are getting the desert when we are dead.
The reward of heaven was what is was about, right.
It realy makes me wonder how that negotion went!
LOL....
I tihnk it a typing error MAAT!!

What the "holy" church meant in Nostra Aetate from his holiness Pope Paul VI on 28 October 1965 was:

"3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their DESSERTS (!!!!!!!!! to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and FASTING.

(BECAUSE WE KNOW MANY WILL BE HUNGRY AND THIRSTY ON THAT DAY!!!!!!!!!)LOL..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163127 Feb 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
About the "I am he":
The above just tells us that Jesus convinced the man that he was the 'son of man' or the man, who had helped him. That is all there is to it in above passage.
Everyone was a 'son of man' back then. The term simply meant man.
Jesus had not said to him, "I am God".
Thanks, bro!
I have already given SKEPTIC Shamma STONES a lesson on Ben Adam or bani/banu adham..!
The question is skeptic..bani or bint?
Salaams.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#163128 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Holy or Unholy Trinity when Jesus was preaching his message.
It was once again Holy or Unholy Roman catholic Church which inserted this Trinity into Christianity.
Jesus had no part in it and he is not involved in the Trinity business, Holy or Unholy.
What our prophet did in 7th century was to remove all cobwebs and showed jesus in the true light in which he was. A righteous prophet of God, born without any human father to virgin Mary.
No God, no God in human form, no Word turning into flesh.... no plain and simple human. A prophet of God like many before him.
I am sure Holy or Unholy Roman Catholic Church did not like that very much.
But truth can not be withheld, because it will hurt the ego or sensitivities of Roman Catholic Church, can it?
rabbee: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole
earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.G-D blessed them, and G
-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

well excuse me! but none of this, seems in the usual way. as for anyone else on earth. Adam i never born, in the same manner as everyone else.

no matter how much, the false name jesus. screws your head, on backwards.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163129 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is laughable Matt.
If calling a robber a thief is being prejudice Matt, then you need to see a mental doctor.
lol...Why don't you call a robber a "ROBBER"?lol..

BTW...Maat is NOT ignorant!

Compared with you even I am Einstein to the power 10!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163130 Feb 12, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
In many Shamma's posts I see Skeptic's expressions.
seems that way...
I have been addressing him/her as Skeptic Shamma Stones as he/she used both of those names before.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163131 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read it, seen their definition?
Why are you not capable of staying on topic for even half a page.
e are asking for acknowledgement ,not for more ad hominem.
Opinons are cheap and some very cheap.
Argumentum ad ignoram blablabla. You're boring the hell out of everybody.
Most posters here are not ignorant at all, and amazed at your projection, would be the polite way of putting it.
Nice one!
That's a good summation of skeptic shamma's condition: "projection"
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163132 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
We had the father, the son, this must be his grandchild.
Repetition also a famous theme.
Oh no.. Not the grandchild!
I was waiting for the unholy ghost!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Sphinx's missing Crown 16 hr Randall Moore 1
Mystery 16 hr Randall Moore 1
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Sep 15 eee 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sep 14 Min 44
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Sep 12 Rabbeen Al Jihad 44
Jim Long: Noahide, Archaeologist, Filmmaker Sep 12 Yenda Rinderpest 1
5 horrific things that can haunt your finances Sep 5 THE BAR is RICO 1
•••

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE