Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252880 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163049 Feb 11, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible was written in hebrew and greek.Then I would suggest that go and learn hebrew and greek.If you dont know the word meaning.
The early Church fathers that translated the Hebrew and Greek into other languages were well versed in other languages and were able to translate the Scriptures correctly.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163050 Feb 11, 2013
The KJV is not reliable.
By now they have a New KJV out.
Prince james put his stamp on the KJV.
It's just about the worst choice.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163051 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the aramaic for son(s) of our forefathers/elders.
That's were the misconception of a son finds it's root.
Well it is systematic, also the introduction of Paul declaring the religion universal in accessability.
It all works towards an earthly power base.
Apropos taxes. In hebrew you have the word grace, but a different word, though almost similar for mercy, implying 'money in the bank'.
I wonder if they got that difference in aramaic too, and in which way it was used.
They create a monster of a son of god. Then they drag the Jewish books to justify this Pagan gentile delusion and then start "claiming" that the Jews killed their "made up" god!
They thenmake this "claim" into a very strong "belief" and persecute the Jews.
This is a case of frankenstein's monster being given loads more hormone injections!
Seriously

Netherlands

#163052 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I had to cut your post short yo get in my reply.
There are key verses that expose the true meaning of the text.
The parents believed Jesus was the Messiah.
So the text is based on revealing who Jesus is, and how the blind man came to believe in the Son of God.
What Bible did you take your information from?
This text is reliable.
John 9:9-38
King James Version (KJV)
9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
10 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?
11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
12 Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.
13 They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.
14 And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
15 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.
16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.
17 They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.
18 But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.
19 And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?
20 His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:
21 But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.
22 These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.
23 Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.
24 Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.
25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.
26 Then said they to him again, What did he to thee? how opened he thine eyes?
27 He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?
28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.
29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.
30 The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
32 Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.
33 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
34 They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Your a fool go and take a look in the mirror first.If I said you worship Muhammad you will not like it.I know...you will not... Dont you think you should concentrate on the Quran rather than the Bible..Im not going to go through with you again sorry.Iv explained it once...

Location hidden

#163053 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual i think it amazing that people encourage belingerent content, when they are not happy receiving such hate themselves.
Shame on Shamma.
That christina luv is getting a real small base, real fast.
Expressing truth where truth is not wanted by someone can be offensive to some people.
Being truthful or expressing ones opinion to your neighbor does not mean you lack love for them.

Abhorring rape, robbery, and murder does not make a person a hateful person.
Evil deeds are despicable and evil, and should be abhorred by every one.

Location hidden

#163054 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
The KJV is not reliable.
By now they have a New KJV out.
Prince james put his stamp on the KJV.
It's just about the worst choice.
But the text is correct, for it expresses the true meaning of the inspired word of God.

Location hidden

#163055 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Jesus was forced to break sabbath by writers so the pagans could justify their Sunday "sabbath"!
Not only do you expose your ignorance, you also reveal you lack common sense.

Jesus glorified God by healing the blind man, revealing that the power of God does not rest on the Sabbath.
God

Scott Depot, WV

#163056 Feb 11, 2013

Location hidden

#163057 Feb 11, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a fool go and take a look in the mirror first.If I said you worship Muhammad you will not like it.I know...you will not... Dont you think you should concentrate on the Quran rather than the Bible..Im not going to go through with you again sorry.Iv explained it once...
What has Muhammad done for you?
You ask-don't you think you should concentrate on the Quran, rather than the Bible?

Well, you have shown to me that your ignorance of not understanding Gods inspired words in the Holy Bible comes from your belief in the Quran.
God

Scott Depot, WV

#163058 Feb 11, 2013
http://www.bible.ca/b-kjv-only.htm

Was the translation process from original languages into English of 1611 A.D. protected from error by direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

"KJV only" advocates say yes!

The Facts say NO!

Location hidden

#163059 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Expressing truth where truth is not wanted by someone can be offensive to some people.
Being truthful or expressing ones opinion to your neighbor does not mean you lack love for them.
Abhorring rape, robbery, and murder does not make a person a hateful person.
Evil deeds are despicable and evil, and should be abhorred by every one.
That's called deluded. We al know flaming when we see and read it.
You just stop it then and there.
If bashing is called truth, then prejudice has won the day.

Location hidden

#163060 Feb 11, 2013
God wrote:
http://www.slate.com/articles/ news_and_politics/explainer/20 13/02/papal_resignation_explai ner_is_benedict_still_infallib le_does_the_ex_pope.html
You are expressing your ignorance.

Location hidden

#163061 Feb 11, 2013
Thanks god,

No—and in fact, he’s never been infallible. In accordance with the First Vatican Council of 1870, the pope is infallible only when he makes an ex cathedra statement—that is, a statement concerning “a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church.” Most popes never make ex cathedra statements during their papacy; only one infallible statement (regarding the Assumption of Mary) has been made since the First Vatican Council of 1870. Pope John XXIII was quoted as saying,“I am only infallible if I speak infallibly but I shall never do that, so I am not infallible.” Pope Benedict XVI has never spoken ex cathedra, and he will lose the ability to do so once he resigns from the papacy.

that settled.

Since he steps in the footsteps of god, you would almost think he would demand 600 years of pension.

Location hidden

#163062 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>What has Muhammad done for you?
You ask-don't you think you should concentrate on the Quran, rather than the Bible?
Well, you have shown to me that your ignorance of not understanding Gods inspired words in the Holy Bible comes from your belief in the Quran.
pff you really should read the Aetate.
The link is given, for the comparison with isam.

We are getting the desert when we are dead.

The reward of heaven was what is was about, right.

It realy makes me wonder how that negotion went!
God

Scott Depot, WV

#163063 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Thanks god,
No—and in fact, he’s never been infallible. In accordance with the First Vatican Council of 1870, the pope is infallible only when he makes an ex cathedra statement—that is, a statement concerning “a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church.” Most popes never make ex cathedra statements during their papacy; only one infallible statement (regarding the Assumption of Mary) has been made since the First Vatican Council of 1870. Pope John XXIII was quoted as saying,“I am only infallible if I speak infallibly but I shall never do that, so I am not infallible.” Pope Benedict XVI has never spoken ex cathedra, and he will lose the ability to do so once he resigns from the papacy.
that settled.
Since he steps in the footsteps of god, you would almost think he would demand 600 years of pension.
Pension schmension, the REAL retirement plan for popes and other family members is out of this world. I would know.

Location hidden

#163064 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called deluded. We al know flaming when we see and read it.
You just stop it then and there.
If bashing is called truth, then prejudice has won the day.
Your ignorance is laughable Matt.
If calling a robber a thief is being prejudice Matt, then you need to see a mental doctor.
God

Scott Depot, WV

#163065 Feb 11, 2013
Actually, the first infallible statement that was made by the Pope "ex cathedra" was that the Pope "ex cathedra" could make infallible statements.

Oh, how those Protestants gnashed their teeth at the "sanctified" chutzpah of it all!
God

Scott Depot, WV

#163066 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is laughable Matt.
If calling a robber a thief is being prejudice Matt, then you need to see a mental doctor.
She is MAAT, not Matt.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#163067 Feb 11, 2013
In many Shamma's posts I see Skeptic's expressions.

Location hidden

#163068 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
pff you really should read the Aetate.
The link is given, for the comparison with isam.
We are getting the desert when we are dead.
The reward of heaven was what is was about, right.
It realy makes me wonder how that negotion went!
The Quran is a mixture of truth and falsehoods, the contents is not inspired by God.
So it becomes evident that Muslims are confused as to what is truth and what is false.

Their confusion has caused them to block out spiritual truth, their lack of it causes them to commit evil deeds in the name of God.

The inspired word of God, the Holy Bible was given by God to bring those that seek God to the truth of God.

It is apparent you lack understanding, and become offended by your own ignorance.

Aetate was meant to bring non-Christians to a dialogue with the Church.
But is was not brought before the council.

And it appears you are offended when you lack understanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web