Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162914 Feb 11, 2013
coolboyshane wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew name “Immanuel” can be translated as,“God with us'' because of this you all believe jesus son of god, god, etc. your belief on this is based upon Isaiah 7:14 and Mathew 1:23
Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
Point 1: According to your prophecy, he states that his name is Immanuel (God with us) not he is Immanuel .
Point 2: From what we learned in bible, Mary never called him Immanuel but Jesus through the instruction of angels and God. Your prophecy are lack of pretentsion and fake.
Luke 1:30-31 “The angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.”
Summary
Just because of the name, you cannot say He is God. For example Jerusalem is called : Lord of righteousness that doesn't mean Jerusalem is God. When Abraham went to a mountain to sacrifice his son Ishmael, he called the mountain LORD WILL PROVIDE doesn't mean the mountain is God. Therefore, Jesus is not son of God nore Immanuel. If he is Immanuel there is no proof that he is a God other than the writings by fake apostles.
http://www.islamawareness.net/Christianity/un...
You are not understanding what you read.

Your quote-Point 1: According to your prophecy, he states that his name is Immanuel (God with us) not he is Immanuel .

In Jesus God is with us.
Matthew 28:20
New International Version (©1984)
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

The problem is you fail to look at all that is written and said by Jesus.
You don't understand God.

Providence of God:
God not only looks ahead and attempts to make provision for his goals, but infallibly accomplishes what he sets out to do. And because it is God's governance that is in view, it encompasses everything in the universe, from the creation of the world to its consummation, inclusive of every aspect of human existence and destiny. Providence, then, is the sovereign, divine superintendence of all things, guiding them toward their divinely predetermined end per-determined by God in a way that is consistent with their created nature, all to the glory and praise of God. This divine, sovereign, and benevolent control of all things by God is the underlying premise of everything that is taught in the Scriptures.

The Gospels are closely paralleled that of the Old Testament and emphasize the freedom of God to accomplish his purposes.

What this means is- that God being God has the freedom to be what He needs to be in order to satisfy His own Will to accomplish His purpose.

God by His own will chose to reveal Himself to us through His only begotten Son Jesus.
In Genesis 1:1 God revealed that He also has a Spirit of Himself.
Genesis 1:1
New International Version (NIV)
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

The Will of God is-that we come to know God and by our own free will come to love God.
Once you understand God, God is not just an unknown thing.
Through Gods Son Jesus, and His Holy Spirit, God inter acts in our lives.

In believing in Gods Son Jesus, God adopts us as His Children, and we become apart of the family of God.
John 1:12-13
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

In Islam Muhammad is the focus in the life of Muslims.
In Christianity God is the focus in the life of Christians.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162915 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, nothing! That is correct. The largest scrap is the size of a credit card. Many Johns wrote John and scholars/Bishops agree with this.
I hope you did do research for yourself.
Well enough of those sites around about debunking christianity.
But i must be a veritable quotemine since that thread on the codex.
Good thing that i referenced the material.

That said, you write interesting things like the one on god quoting psalms. ;)p

Meanwhile another correction. The god of abram was not El.
Who was Terah's god is the question. Uruk should probably be sounding as Unug acc.to new research. So that would make Ur into Un? and Terah and some more are all ancient cities to be found in the lake Van area. In between the rivers. So not Ur of the sumerians. Though there could be a connections given the fortress at Haran.
But Abram calls on the name YHWH: genesis 12:7-8, 12:4.
When Seths son is born (inserted Seth as latter-born son, otherwise we would have no human lineage since Ham disappeared from the scene)calls out to the name YHWH, first record thereof: gen.4:26.

Of further notice: psalm 116:16-19
...calling in the name of YHWH...courts of the house of YHWH...In your midst O Yerushalayim, praise Yah!

Yerushalayim. Holy etc. interpretation is christian, as far as i know.
The Hittite called the Yisraeli G'res, so using this, Gres ha-they al-over/belonging ayim-water. First site of the temple was over/near the watersource, for purification.
Though halayim can have another meaning. Urusalem and variations.
And Jebus can very well also have been a form of Gres, with a b-r shift.
Mayim-water gen. 1:1 ha'sha'm ayim
Can be compared to genesis 1:1-3 were water actually stands for 'ether' and is filled and devided. Gen 1:1-2 by the way form clauses to end in Light Be.
Be-'in' implying to the side of/part of. Ra-'first' form head rosh. Bara-to first fill, later as allusion the word bora-poured.
Tohu and bohu- markless (not to fill markless- not filled in vain/to no purpose).
So it's not so much creating but filling with presence, so everything can be. And then take old Heraclitus logos, for a better understanding.

https://docs.google.com/viewer...

http://christadelphians.wordpress.com/2013/01...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162916 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that Jesus talked about the Christian Bible.
What did Jesus command? What did he teach?
Please list up 120 things that he taught.
What Jesus taught is contained in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162917 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. I do not know what gospel you have.(i explained about the various translations KJV, NIV, Young's, NAS, the Dhouay Rheims etc.)But even i can read that it is all about what they heard him say or saw him do.
Jesus does not talk directly.
Only in one gnostic Thomas gospel. And that was not included in the official canon.
By the way, since i see some peole do not get that: the canon of the church uses inspired scripture as in only those writings that endorsed their view.
Is NOT the canon as established by the jews that has the word of god and inspired scripture by means of the prophets.
So it does not have the same stature.
What you fail to understand is that Sacred Tradition came before the Holy Bible. It is through Sacred Tradition that the Holy Bible was compiled and it is only through Sacred Tradition the Holy Bible can be peoperly understood. If you want to read a book containing the teachings of Jesus you must read the Cathecism of the Catholic Church. The Holy Spirit is alive and doing well in the Catholic Church. We are now taught by God in the Catholic Church; Emanuel, God with us.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162918 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus and his disciples were preaching without any book tugged under their Arms....how come the Holy Roman Catholic Church made in "Compulsory" that no one can preach until he (or she) has their 'Little Bibles" tugged under their arms?
May be Holy Ghost gave this Bible to Holy Roman Catholic Church?
The Catholic Church does not require anyone to tug their 'Little Bibles' under their arms. You've been misinformed if you've believe that. Protestants have elevated the bible to a place it does not belong with the heresy Sola Scriptura. With a proper understanding of the Holy Bible, muslim arguements against it are all moot.

islam is based on the koran as if it was given by God, but in reality it is the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord who said some spirit gave him a message from something called allah. The original dictation is lost and contained satanic verses. This book can not be from God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162919 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Holy or Unholy Trinity when Jesus was preaching his message.
It was once again Holy or Unholy Roman catholic Church which inserted this Trinity into Christianity.
Jesus had no part in it and he is not involved in the Trinity business, Holy or Unholy.
What our prophet did in 7th century was to remove all cobwebs and showed jesus in the true light in which he was. A righteous prophet of God, born without any human father to virgin Mary.
No God, no God in human form, no Word turning into flesh.... no plain and simple human. A prophet of God like many before him.
I am sure Holy or Unholy Roman Catholic Church did not like that very much.
But truth can not be withheld, because it will hurt the ego or sensitivities of Roman Catholic Church, can it?
And we are suppose to take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord who never talked to God but some spirit? No thank you. muslims claim the Gospels can't be believed because they were written a few years after Jesus Ascended into heaven and yet they believe in a book written over 600 years after Jesus by someone that never even talked to God, but to some spirit.

Location hidden

#162920 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Head is spinning! Jesus preached the Good News, He didn't have a book to go by and neither did His disciples. Jesus did not hand out the Holy Bible and say teach from this; no, He said go out to all nations baptizing them in the Name of the Fater, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them everything He has commanded.
Jesus promised His disciples that He will send the Holy Spirit, who will call to their minds all that He had taught them.
Now, tell me where Jesus talks about following the bible?
Because the church used to have claimed authority and wrote your book and considers itself god on earth, does not mean you are taught by god.
They saw their authority curtailed: only when the pope speaks for the chair!
Ayahtollah=pope=a word of god.

So iit's all so unbeleivably vain, and abbout worldly power.
Very little spiritual content.

Location hidden

#162921 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are suppose to take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord who never talked to God but some spirit? No thank you. muslims claim the Gospels can't be believed because they were written a few years after Jesus Ascended into heaven and yet they believe in a book written over 600 years after Jesus by someone that never even talked to God, but to some spirit.
No, let's take the word of the greatest war machine and empire ever seen, that ruled europe straight into the dark-ages.

I said it before, you have to read up on history.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#162922 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
01. Are trying to impress me with your ignorance of God?

02. First of all, can you verify that your knowledge and wisdom are superior to God, that you can absolutely say as a fact, that God cannot by His own Will bring forth an only Son?

03. It is evident that you are ignorant of the Holy Book that God gave to Moses.

04.For God sent prophets that prophesied in that Book that God Himself would come as the Messiah.
Ans.

01. I am trying to bring you closer to God and not taking you away from it.

02. I would not dream to even compare my power and knowledge with God. In Holy Quran which is Revealed word of God,. He says that "He has never begotten any Son".

So the idea what God can do and what God cannot do does not even arise.

03. Are you sure you have the Book of Moses with you? What are going these days "as books of Moses" were not written by Moses at all. Even a child knows that.

04. God NEVER said that He will come down as Messiah. God said that He will send a Messiah. Why you want to lower the majesty of God and want to bring Him down to a human' level?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162923 Feb 11, 2013
Paul wrote:
01. The only organization on earth that can declare something holy is the Catholic Church. She declares the Holy Bible holy and not the gospel of barnabas.

02. The gospel of barnabas does not measure up to the Holy Bible and can be rejected, like the koran, as coming from God.
Ans.

01. This is a strange law that Holy Roman Catholic Church has "In built" power to declare any thing as Holy. It might be the "self given" power like that of St. Paul, who declared himself to the Apostle and Chief Spokesperson for Jesus!!

We deny the apostleship of St. Paul and Roman Catholic Church to that position.

02.Gospel of Barnabas on the face of it, looks like the true teachings of Jesus. It is as acceptable as any of the other three Gospels.

Location hidden

#162924 Feb 11, 2013
I thought i allready mentioned that son of god came from a wrong translation of the aramaic: son of governor.

And when speaking of the lord it should be correct milord. My Lord.

Well christinas and muslims can't say YHWH is my lord.

All for sharing a bit of ONE, but frankly i think it simply corrupts the torah and tanakh to claim that it is the same god.

Location hidden

#162925 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. This is a strange law that Holy Roman Catholic Church has "In built" power to declare any thing as Holy. It might be the "self given" power like that of St. Paul, who declared himself to the Apostle and Chief Spokesperson for Jesus!!
02.Gospel of Barnabas on the face of it, looks like the true teachings of Jesus. It is as acceptable as any of the other three Gospels.
I'm hungry, starts to affect me, but quickly then.

I'm amazed that Paul WV still does not understand that an inspired book that was included in the canon, is not there becuse it represents YHWH's teaching, but it represents exactly the opposite, namely what the churchfathers approved and this was the way they set out the apostolic faith that led to them having wordly power. The church as Ismael and the new Eve giving birth to it.

What new eve Had they written it like that: this is the new eve, tomorrow the church will rise, i would not even frown.), and Immanuel was a king to be, and that was his nickname loaded with the expectation of a beaten people on the cusp of being driven into exile!

Nothing compared to the pedophile bunch that wrote by authority of that holy chair, that they hated any and everything, and considered it a threat a.k.a. anathema.
The list is very long on what is anathema.
They would blow the earth to bits to finally get their ideas valued.
Short from the day of destruction that is never ever coming, because also that get's the wrong interpretation.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162926 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus taught is contained in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church.
No, there is nothing in the Catechism of the RCC that can be called as 'The teachings of Jesus".

I have read it and I regret wasting my precious time that I spent reading it. It is just opinions of men, who never sat in the company of Jesus and his disciples.

There is nothing redeeming in it and it is far more worse than the tales in the gospels.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162927 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the church used to have claimed authority and wrote your book and considers itself god on earth, does not mean you are taught by god.
They saw their authority curtailed: only when the pope speaks for the chair!
Ayahtollah=pope=a word of god.
So iit's all so unbeleivably vain, and abbout worldly power.
Very little spiritual content.
It's all about spiritual content for the pope and bishops. The pope still holds the Keys to the Kingdom Heaven; whatsoever the pope binds and looses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. The pope gets his authority from the Apostels through the laying on of hands.

The pope now speaks for God as any prophet in the past has spoken for Him. The Catholic Church, Mystical Body of Christ, is Immanunel, God with us; we are now taught by God.
bmz

Singapore

#162928 Feb 11, 2013
@ Paul WV

Addendum for your expert spinning

This is from the Catechism of your RCC:

"73 God has revealed himself fully by sending his own Son, in whom he has established his covenant for ever. The Son is his Father's definitive Word; so there will be no further Revelation after him."

What say ye now? I would like to see how you spin this.

Can you please inform the RCC and tell them to tear away Revelation by John, please? Please get rid of that book.

Thanks a million in anticipation.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162929 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let's take the word of the greatest war machine and empire ever seen, that ruled europe straight into the dark-ages.
I said it before, you have to read up on history
How did Moses enter the Promised Land? The past cannot be judged by today’s standards. It is through the influence of the Catholic Church, her teachings and Catholic culture that the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights came into being. These human rights are being eroded by islamic countries who do no hold up to the pledge they made to uphold these universal human rights. Why? Because secular movements are creating a moral vacuum that allows islam barbaric human rights to fill.
bmz

Singapore

#162930 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Well christians and muslims can't say YHWH is my lord.
No way! You are right. Muslims will never say that, but I think Christians can train themselves to say that.
bmz

Singapore

#162931 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
04. God NEVER said that He will come down as Messiah. God said that He will send a Messiah. Why you want to lower the majesty of God and want to bring Him down to a human' level?
MUQ,

Actually, God never even said in the Torah or elsewhere "I will send a Messiah".

I have not read any such direct statement in the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

Salaams
BMZ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162932 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
St Paul received his authority to go to the gentiles from the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church. Every leader of the Catholic Church has gotten their authority form their predecessor going directly back to the apostles.

The 'gospel' of brarnabas is a 16th century fake and it is not surprising that you would accept it as gospel since you take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord that some spirit told him what some god told him to tell him.

Where did mohammad's authority come from to speak for God. Some unknown spirit that some woman told him was Gabriel; we do know how reliable the word of a woman is; don't we?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162933 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is nothing in the Catechism of the RCC that can be called as 'The teachings of Jesus".
I have read it and I regret wasting my precious time that I spent reading it. It is just opinions of men, who never sat in the company of Jesus and his disciples.
There is nothing redeeming in it and it is far more worse than the tales in the gospels.
Wherever two or more are gathered in Jesus' Name for a common porpoise Jesus said He will be in their mist. So you are wrong, at the councils that agreed on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Jesus sat with them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... 18 hr peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Sun Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web