Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162960 Feb 11, 2013
wuzluz wrote:
Hi you people I have a Question for anyone who can answer it?
How do you delete a comment if its a error posting?
Thanks people
You can't delete, wuzluz.

If the Bible full of errors cannot be deleted, how can you expect to delete a post here? There is no 'Delete Post' button here.

The best way is to post a correction.
wuzluz

Monessen, PA

#162961 Feb 11, 2013
Ok Thanks BMZ Have a nice Day
bmz

Location hidden

#162962 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes Jefferson an expert on Christianity or the Catholic Church. He was just giving his bigotted opinion. The proof is in the pudding and it was a Christian culture, formed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, that we now have the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights did not come from any islamic culture.
Anyone, who has seriously read the New Testament, can be considered an expert of Christianity. One does not need a rocket scientist to to be an expert on Christianity.

Christianity, a monstrosity, has only recently been tamed. It has a the darkest and the filthiest history over centuries. This is a fact which no one can deny.

I have never claimed that the UN declaration came from Islamic societies.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162963 Feb 11, 2013
JOEL wrote:
SC:
I meant how do you explain the origin/existence of sentience.
Thank you.
Why every year do you repeat always the same question? I did answer you thousand times, but I don't see any reason to answer you again, since the next month or so you will ask me the same silly question.

Also I find silly the story of thousand of Adam and Eve came out of nothing that you invented in order to avoid the incest.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162965 Feb 11, 2013
JOEL wrote:
RE-THINK AMONG JEWS:
Circumcision is an act of mutilation that sends a searing shock along the nerves unbalancing the fine nerve currents leading to the brain. I am circumcised as per tradition. These days an emerging trend among forward-thinking Jews is to withhold from circumcising their male children as they find it a form of abuse done without the consent of the child.
Are you circumcised? LOL

Last year you were making fun of the Jews because of that...

What we can expect the next year, that your parents, as per tradition, bar mitzvah you? LOL
bmz

Location hidden

#162966 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is with all His people who gather in His Name, but only the pope through the authority of the Keys can bind and loose both on earth and in heaven. No one else can speak with this authority, when the pope speaks from the Chair of St Peter, God speaks!
The Church already loosened it and came up with absurd Trinity. Now Jesus is neither here nor there.

By that I mean neither the poor guy remains God nor does he retain the post of the Messiah.
bmz

Location hidden

#162967 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So anything that agrees with your koran came from God. Do you ever read what you post? You are self deluded!
The one God Almighty is the only source of light. The source always remains the same.

Christianity looks at that light through a glass prism.

The Tanakh says that there is only one LORD Almighty God and there is no other besides the LORD.

The Qur'aan says exactly the same.

It is your scripture that shows three Gods after dispersion of light through the Christian prism. So, Christianity is the odd one out!

How can you call us deluded?

Deluded are those who declare God Triune or a Trinity (Trinitas), an absurd word which was never uttered by Jesus and was neither taught nor preached by Jesus.

bmz

Location hidden

#162968 Feb 11, 2013
wuzluz wrote:
Ok Thanks BMZ Have a nice Day
You are welcome, wuzluz. ;)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162969 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone, who has seriously read the New Testament, can be considered an expert of Christianity. One does not need a rocket scientist to to be an expert on Christianity.
Christianity, a monstrosity, has only recently been tamed. It has a the darkest and the filthiest history over centuries. This is a fact which no one can deny.
Paul WV needs to look for another holy ghost inspired pope!
Pope Benedict XVI has become a Muslim after reading our challenges here?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162970 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Why do you keep telling lies, Paul?
I never thought and never believed that gospels were from God. Not a single gospel was from God. GOB was also not from God.
Gospels were written by men, based on the hearsay from Toms, Dicks and Harries.
Like the gospel of barnabas the koran is not from God, but from an uneducated 7th century war lord. Prove me wrong!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162971 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
islam can claim no part in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights, for the only human rights in islam are barbaric. From your inhumane treatement of animals to women and children. There is nothing civilized about islam culture.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162972 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Church already loosened it and came up with absurd Trinity. Now Jesus is neither here nor there.
By that I mean neither the poor guy remains God nor does he retain the post of the Messiah.
You think because you say it, it makes it true.

The present day Catholic Church leaders have their authority directly from the apostles through Apostolic Succession. Where did mohammad get his authority? he had no authority from anyone. When did God tell mohammad he was his prophet? Did he hear it from some spirit that some women told him was Gabriel?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162973 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The one God Almighty is the only source of light. The source always remains the same.
Christianity looks at that light through a glass prism.
The Tanakh says that there is only one LORD Almighty God and there is no other besides the LORD.
The Qur'aan says exactly the same.
It is your scripture that shows three Gods after dispersion of light through the Christian prism. So, Christianity is the odd one out!
How can you call us deluded?
Deluded are those who declare God Triune or a Trinity (Trinitas), an absurd word which was never uttered by Jesus and was neither taught nor preached by Jesus.
Christians believe in only one God, so get your story straight. Do you think lying about the Holy Trinity, God, that you can fool people into islam? islam has nothing to offer but the enslavement of one's mind to imagination of what an uneducated 7th century war lord would do. Your imams sit around in a circle trying to guess what the 7th century war lord would do and then impose a fatwa on the muslim community that accept them as some sort of authority. Now where did they get their authority? They can't speak for God for according to them mohammad was the last prophet.
bmz

Location hidden

#162974 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the gospel of barnabas the koran is not from God, but from an uneducated 7th century war lord. Prove me wrong!
There is no need to prove you wrong. You are wrong!

You believe that 1st Century gay lord was your God. That is already wrong.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162975 Feb 11, 2013
LIMITATIONS OF SCIENCE:

The greatest limitations of science are:

1) Its incapacity to enter into the core of an object under investigation and to know its true nature by identification with it in consciousness.

2) Inability to cogently answer questions related to the origins of existence.

3) Its incapacity to uplift or regenerate nature and individual.

4) Its incapacity to engineer life from scratch.

5) Its inability to predict the future or to know the past of an individual/person.

6) Its incapacity to prevent death.

7) Its inability to revive the dead.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162976 Feb 11, 2013
To remain forever confined on the gross level of rituals, thoughts and scripture is a sure sign of inferiority.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162977 Feb 11, 2013
To talk in terms of my faith and yours is ignorance and bigotry.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162978 Feb 11, 2013
Imitation is mediocrity.
bmz

Location hidden

#162979 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You think because you say it, it makes it true.
The present day Catholic Church leaders have their authority directly from the apostles through Apostolic Succession. Where did mohammad get his authority? he had no authority from anyone. When did God tell mohammad he was his prophet? Did he hear it from some spirit that some women told him was Gabriel?
Catholic Church was established with the support of pagans and pagan philosophers, Paul.

What nonsense is this Apostolic Succession? Such terms are junk and stuff coined by the minions of Satan.

Haven't you read the Catechism of the RCC, where it says that there was so much confusion that the Church had to coin new terms to explain her ridiculous balderdash? Don't you ever dare try to lie about RCC's Catechism. That junk and stuff is right here with me and I have wasted hours reading the damn lies! There is not a word from Jesus or God in it!

When did God tell Jesus to go and preach? Can you show me that in your NT?

As for Muhammad, God told through Qur'aan that he was the Messenger of God.
bmz

Location hidden

#162980 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe in only one God, so get your story straight. Do you think lying about the Holy Trinity, God, that you can fool people into islam? islam has nothing to offer but the enslavement of one's mind to imagination of what an uneducated 7th century war lord would do. Your imams sit around in a circle trying to guess what the 7th century war lord would do and then impose a fatwa on the muslim community that accept them as some sort of authority. Now where did they get their authority? They can't speak for God for according to them mohammad was the last prophet.
Christians say that the believe in only one God but they butcher that God into three co-equal and distinct persons. This butchery of God, was NOT taught and preached by Jesus. So, cut that out, please.

3rd-6th Century idiots and ignorant fools read the confounding garbage in John and through John, came up with the absurd Trinity or the Triune God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 18 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov 5 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov 3 NOM s Waffle House 1
News Border walls are going up globally at a dizzyin... Oct 30 jarrfan 1
More from around the web