Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252998 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162796 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

lol..I think so Joel!

What is the probabilty that colon boy had family memebers in that 99.84%?
I think that stinky Colonna from stinky Romanna is an ugly and a jealous-minded woman with plump butt, sagging breasts, buck teeth, knock knees and a hard lisp. He lisps.....suck suck suck ooops I meant save save save me sweet Jesus from hell fire.....while praying to BJ when he inserts his small brain in his stinky colon. You'll find him sweeping the floor at the roadside pizza joint frequented by cross dressers and pole dancers.

Thank you, dear Ex-Christian Father.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162797 Feb 10, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
Elohim defined as YHWH and El would have been Abrahams.
All words have meaning, extra layers.
It's not about going for the minimum in explanations but for the maximum. The same goes for experience.
But if you talk about A or THE REAL GOD, you are allready placing the abstraction outside the realm of your experience.
You cannot experience more or give more meaning than you can handle/see (would be the verb used) at a certain moment.
We learned that Abram could see a lot.
It's like the BBC's revision bytesize teaching programs.;)
But i think the quote will make it clearer.
rabbee: those who don't, really know the truth. are going to fake it, as if they are the truth. or fake it, using someone else they only consider to be the truth. but it is still all, an illusion of truth.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162798 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Shamma. Challenge me on any form of christology..or even christianity with its non existent original scriptures.
Shamma please give me your background and the sort of exposure you have had to theology?
Did you ever wonder why Mark and Matt are "slightly" hesitant on the subject of God having a son?
Explain to us what you mean by "the only begotten son"?
The "Aramaic" bible is quite funny as it was translated into aramaic (not re translated)!!
Do you know what it means?
Do you believe that God is a man with genitals so he can have a human son?
/
It is no challenge Alex.
You are ignorant of Scripture.
you are a he said, she said intellectual individual without any understanding of the word of God.

It is evident by your posting that you believe in a pagan man form of a monotheistic type of God.

In other words you accept an abusive dictator type of worship of a god, rather then the God of the Holy Bible that expresses his wisdom, knowledge and truth, and is filled with loving grace towards His created creatures, of which the human race is created in the image of Himself.

Your type of god expresses his Will upon his people, but chooses to love only those of whom he wills, and forgives only the sins of those whom he wills.

This type of god that you call your god, allows evil to be a good for the purpose of justifying the end to his means.
And is a deceiver of men.

your challenge then would be based on which god is the best deceiver to gain control of the people.

So your challenge is of a different nature based on how abusive one god is over the other.
And that is not the concept of a true God.
So there is no challenge as far as I am concerned.
You are a loser Alex.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162799 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No Alex, God is the creator of all human beings.
God conferred Adam, Father of the human race, the gifts of sanctifying grace, integrity, and immortality.
Adam did not receive them as a purely personal gift, but as a race gift.
In other words he received a legacy which was to be passed down to all his descendants.
However, Adam by his defection lost not only to himself but to every other human being this legacy, so that all his descendants are born without sanctifying grace.
Meaning the Human race became subject to the sins of the world.
By Adams defection of disobeying God, now Adam and the whole human race is subject to the sin penalty of death placed on Adam and the
descendants of Adam by God.
The lost of sanctifying grace that was infused into Adam, but because of the defection of Adam deprived Adam, and all his descendants of its friendship with God.
In order to restore Gods friendship to Adam and all the descendants of Adam, the death penalty for sin which was placed on Adam and the whole human race by God had to be removed, so that Adam and all of his descendants could be restored back to friendship with God.
God sent Jesus His only begotten of the Father down from heaven to take the sins of the world on His shoulders and died on the cross so that Gods friendship with the human race could be restored back to God.
But the penalty of death for sin remained for those that did not believe in Jesus and the redemption works of Jesus on the Cross.
Sanctifying grace of repented sin was restored to the whole human race by the death of Jesus on the Cross.
You are ignorant Alex of the Scriptures.
Hello Shamma, have you ever wondered what your religion was before the "church" forced its will on people about 1700 years ago?
For many thousands of years before that people lived and died without a Jewish man dying for their sins!

** I have aksed you many questions. While you answer them...

*** You say God is the creator of all human beings. I agree that God is the CREATOR, and Jesus is a CREATION just like all of us.

*** Then you switch on your "guilt" complex stories!!

*** Did you tell Adam to sin? So why are you worried?
*** Who told you Adam's sin lands on your head? Why?
If Adam steals a wallet do you get punished for it?

*** If you didn't tell adam to sin and didn't tell Jesus to die for the sins, then surely they should leave you alone!

** Did you know that Jesus NEVER claimed he came to die for your sins!!! So why are you blindly listening to nutcases?

*** The church gives you the cock and bull story about sin and guilt to extract money and confession from you...They have NO power to absolve anything!

*** God can EASILY forgive sins. There is no need for this PAGAN drama...using HUMAN SACRIFICE, FRESH BLOOD drinking and RAW FLESH eating with a naked pagan dangling from a phallic pole. These are SATANIC, CANNIBALISTIC and vestige from PAGAN FERTILITY RITES!

*** The biggest misconception that is brushed under church carpets is the FACT that PEOPLE still DIE..NOT a SINGLE PERSON SINCE CREATION has ESCAPED DEATH!!!

THEREFORE, the ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE of JESUS has CHANGED NOTHING!

The BIGGEST LIE they PUMPED was "ETERNAL LIFE ON EARTH" soon after the POOR FALL GUY was put to DEATH ON THE CROSS!

NOTHING HAPPENED!!!...

ALL THOSE who BELIEVE in this STUPID DEATH also DIE!!!!!

JESUS NEVER CLAIMED HE CAME to TAKE ON theE SIN of the WORLD.

READ THE GOSPELS...HE CAME ONLY for the JEWS and was NOT generally INTERESTED IN THE WORLD as such!!! LOL

YOU ERRONEOUSLY CLAIM "the penalty of death for sin remained for those that did not believe in Jesus and the redemption works of Jesus on the Cross"

WHAT the HELL do YOU MEAN BY THIS?

YOU DIE, despite your BELIEF in your "JESUS"?

ALL HUMANS DIE ONE DAY irrespective of what they believe!!

WHAT CHANGED FROM the DEATH on the CROSS??? NOTHING!

YOU ARE TALKING RUBBISH!!

PROVE to me that THOSE WHO BELIEVED IN YOUR MANGOD DON'T DIE!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162800 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is no challenge Alex.
You are ignorant of Scripture.
you are a he said, she said intellectual individual without any understanding of the word of God.
It is evident by your posting that you believe in a pagan man form of a monotheistic type of God.
In other words you accept an abusive dictator type of worship of a god, rather then the God of the Holy Bible that expresses his wisdom, knowledge and truth, and is filled with loving grace towards His created creatures, of which the human race is created in the image of Himself.
Your type of god expresses his Will upon his people, but chooses to love only those of whom he wills, and forgives only the sins of those whom he wills.
This type of god that you call your god, allows evil to be a good for the purpose of justifying the end to his means.
And is a deceiver of men.
your challenge then would be based on which god is the best deceiver to gain control of the people.
So your challenge is of a different nature based on how abusive one god is over the other.
And that is not the concept of a true God.
So there is no challenge as far as I am concerned.
You are a loser Alex.
Hello clueless shamma...
Haven't you got any proper answers to EACH of my question?
Of course not!!
You cannot answer them so you come up with your personal opinions!!

^^^Are you not paul WV by any chance?^^^
lol...

Poor you...simply clueless!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162802 Feb 10, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Quote:
These mitzvos were presented to the people at a mountain still enveloped in the presence of the Shechinah; other mitzvos waited for a later time. Because of the essential oneness of Torah, however, all the other mitzvos were also became part of the package. They were not the reason for which the Shechinah descended, but they were included because the Torah is a unified entity. More accurately, they were given by way of allusion and hint, but not explicitly.
end quote
And than we took a pair of scissors and started cutting snippets...a bit here another bit...let'shave a halleluyah too...and another bit and let's then give it to the romans to make us non-existent.
Do you know god loves you?
Well not if i would do that!
And it's not about god loving me but of me loving god. simplistic, but there you go.
So i leave The Word intact, and don't play hide and seek with it.
rabbee: now did the romans or babeloneans, really make Ysrael non-existant? or was it the ysralees themselves, responsible for the temporary non-existance of Ysrael? did they indeed, get themselves kicked out of Ysrael, for a long period of not being true to HaShem G-D again? would they ever have been, dispersed had they of remained true to G-D, here in TheTorah Happening? did they not turn a blind eye, to all the warning HaShem G-D sent. like all the warnings up to even mass murder, happening in the usa.

is it true or not true, that had Ysralites remained true to HaShem G-D. that no power on earth, could have ever of conquered them. is it not the final sarchasm from G-D, when any country not true to G-D, conquers any nation only allegedly true to G-D? does not G-D, always send prophets, to chastize nations for their treason against G-D? and most generally, is so totally arrogantly ignored. so why did G-D, return me here to chastize not only the united states, but the whole rest of this world as well including Ysrael?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162803 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
And is a deceiver of men.....
Now that is yet another dumb comment and a half!!
Your vindictive mangod poses as a human, gets himself insulted beaten up and killed by JEWS/romans and then gets his loving "christian" worshippers to persecute and MURDER MILLIONS of JEWS as CHRIST KILLERS for more than 1700 YEARS, virtually wiping them off planet earth!!

Did your dumb god NOT realise that such a horrific death apparently instigated by the JEWS (as schemed by your mangod in advance) would not have HUGE repercussions?

What a dumb vindictive mangod you worship!

He not only traps Jews into LYING and insulting him, he also quickly runs off to "heaven" and sits on his own right hand watching himself making footstool of his enemies!

Comical!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162804 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is no challenge Alex.
You are ignorant of Scripture...
lol...for you to claim that I am ignorant of "scripture", means you certainly are clueless on the subject!
Why don't you respond to my questions using your VAST scriptural knowledge base!
Shamma...you are a Sham!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162805 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Job Done!
God Almighty Allah/Alaah/Yhwh.HaShem.is THE God of Jesus!!
Most importantly you agree that Jesus had a GOD to whom he submitted!
Of course God the Son obeyed the will of God the Father. It was by obeying the will of God the Father that God the Son, Jesus, redeemed man! God offered on the cross the only thing worthy of Him, God Himself. Only God is worthy of God and only God could redeem man.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162806 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
How easily can one show that? I would like to see.
rabbee: since muslems and jews, are not in harmony today. then their g-ds, cannot be the same. HaShem G-D cannot be, truly represented by a divided house. i fear that joel, has got you on this one. that your self blind, prejudiced eyes refuse to see.

My FATHER'S HOUSE is One True in Mind. it is not, a diverse HOUSE with diverse mental diseases. G-D is a RELIGIOUS REPUBLIC, not an non-religious - religious antiG-D democracy.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162807 Feb 10, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that stinky Colonna from stinky Romanna is an ugly and a jealous-minded woman with plump butt, sagging breasts, buck teeth, knock knees and a hard lisp. He lisps.....suck suck suck ooops I meant save save save me sweet Jesus from hell fire.....while praying to BJ when he inserts his small brain in his stinky colon. You'll find him sweeping the floor at the roadside pizza joint frequented by cross dressers and pole dancers.
Thank you, dear Ex-Christian Father.
LOL...wow...
What a vivid and apt description, dear Joel!
I tend to agree with you that Madam Colonic Irrigation needs to be irrigated regularly!
You say it so well...."sweeping the floor at the roadside pizza joint frequented by cross dressers and pole dancers."
LOL...
Thank you for that...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162808 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are. Answer the questions put to you, first. Once you have answered, you can ask other questions. However, do not answer a question by asking another question, like the polemicists do.
rabbee: no one on earth, is required to answer any question you ask. you are not G-D, no matter how much of a g-d you only think you are. i only have to, answer to G-D Truly. i do not have to answer to you, muhammed or your quran, while i am here in TheTorah actually happening.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162809 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a great question and my answer is: Yes, Yahweh died fro all Christians and behold! Yahweh is dead! He died for post-Jesus Christians.
Who else did Yahweh die for before Jesus?
Praise be to none! Yahweh is dead! And the alleged Son is alive!
rabbee: you so grossly distort scripture, and insult G-D. how can you ever expect me, to even consider you as being true? if you can't get it right, then you are doing a lot more harm than any possible good. it is worse than if, you had said nothing at all.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162810 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing wrong with that saying.
Many Christians do say that, I for one say it.
We all are to humble our self before the Lord.
rabbee: then do it! and quit trying to snow anyone as if you had or are.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162811 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course God the Son obeyed the will of God the Father. It was by obeying the will of God the Father that God the Son, Jesus, redeemed man! God offered on the cross the only thing worthy of Him, God Himself. Only God is worthy of God and only God could redeem man.
lol...
Please please..hold your horses...
And before you lapse into the vernacular...
You CLEARLY said "He was" in response to bmz question
"Was God Almighty the God of Jesus or not?"

You therefore, agree that God Alimighty was the God of Jesus.

The b/s about god the son has NO authority from God or from his servant Jesus.

When you now try to make Jesus into god...you look stupid!!

How can God have a "god"?

Did God Almighty pray to Jesus? NO!!

Please stop talking rot.

God is NOT Jesus and Jesus is NOT God.
Any person with a working brain can see this.

But ofcourse...To the non compos mentis ones.....Hmmm...YEP..jesus is god!!!..lol
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162812 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you lack understanding.
God in allowing Jesus to die on the cross condemned sin, while freeing a righteous repentant sinner from the pains of hell.
The bible says, the wages of sin is death.
Meaning for every sin you commit you are condemned to hell.
A sinner cannot redeem himself from the penalty of death with good deeds for his sin.
Why? Because God Himself placed the death penalty on sin.
The law is the law.
And Gods law must be respected, just as if you break the law in Singapore, you must pay the penalty. It does not matter how much you repent to the judge, you are going to be punished for your crime.
In Gods case He is our creator and He loves us, but He like the local law can not free you from your sin till the penalty is paid.
And the Only one that can pay the price for your sin is a sinless person.
God loved Jesus, yet God sacrificed Jesus for our sins, so that the repented sinner may have ever lasting life.
And God knowing that only a sinless human being could die for another human being, prepared a body for Jesus in the womb of Mary.
And God the Father rewarded the man person of Jesus by uniting the Spirit of His Son Jesus with the incarnate body of the human man.
In the womb of Mary the Spirit of Jesus took on human flesh.
Since Jesus paid the death penalty for sin, now a repented sinner can receive Gods grace of forgiveness.
If you believe in Jesus.
rabbee: seriously you have no idea, what you are talking about. G-D previously promised adam and his mate, they had to be returned to the tree. because all of you previously had failed, just like you are all failing again this time.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162813 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Please please..hold your horses...
And before you lapse into the vernacular...
You CLEARLY said "He was" in response to bmz question
"Was God Almighty the God of Jesus or not?"
You therefore, agree that God Alimighty was the God of Jesus.
The b/s about god the son has NO authority from God or from his servant Jesus.
When you now try to make Jesus into god...you look stupid!!
How can God have a "god"?
Did God Almighty pray to Jesus? NO!!
Please stop talking rot.
God is NOT Jesus and Jesus is NOT God.
Any person with a working brain can see this.
But ofcourse...To the non compos mentis ones.....Hmmm...YEP..jesus is god!!!..lol
I am sorry that you don't have the aptitude to understand the Holy Trinity. Jesus is God and our God is His God. Can't wrap your brain around that can you?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162814 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Be serious, please.
Muhammad is a servant/slave of God just like Moses and Jesus were.
rabbee: muhammed is the servant of some angel, as it is unclear just what angel it is. but from all practical apperances by muslems in the world. it would appear to be the angel baal hamolech. so their is not comparason, of muhammed with Moshe or Yeshooah.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162815 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
He was.
Great!

Thank you for confirming that God Almighty was the God of Jesus.

You are done!

So, please do not ever make the absurd statement that Jesus was God.

And mark your post.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162816 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you don't have the aptitude to understand the Holy Trinity. Jesus is God and our God is His God. Can't wrap your brain around that can you?
Don't start this nonsense again that Jesus is God.

You have already been done!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web