Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253473 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162670 Feb 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Why those statements make no sense?
There are no rules over the way to debate. Anyone can set the debate the way he pleases.
My way is based on evidences and thought.
Your way is based on reasoning supported by nothing but yourself, like your gods and their women. At the end apparently you recognized they had sexual relation... Something I've been saying long time ago btw.
Anyway, Shalom
There are. Answer the questions put to you, first. Once you have answered, you can ask other questions. However, do not answer a question by asking another question, like the polemicists do.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162671 Feb 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>

....The Word Became Flesh...

Can you tell me what this sentence means? It is not English even though the letters used are English.

I know Word and I know Flesh....how the Word became Flesh?

Some magic? And then Flesh turned back into Word?

You have a bright future in Sci Fi Films!!

Sometimes I marvel at the "reasoning and understanding powers of these Bible Thumpers".

They just copy and keep on repeating things and statements, they do not understand a any thing about it, what it means and weather it makes any sense or not.

The more non sense and more non understandable it is, the better!!

Word became Flesh!! Forsooth!!

Like saying Chicken became Cow!!
bmz

Singapore

#162672 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Isaiah 55:11 and John are entirely unrelated.
John diminishes the very idea in Isaiah 55:11.
For a moment i was thinking...hey good start.
At least the links were read...no
bummer.
In Isaiah 55:11, whatever God wants to be accomplished, will be done.

That is not the case with John. "the Word" in John 1:1, is a 15th Century forgery. I think John had not even read Isaiah.

Good read.
bmz

Singapore

#162673 Feb 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me what this sentence means? It is not English even though the letters used are English.
Sometimes I marvel at the "reasoning and understanding powers of these Bible Thumpers".
They just copy and keep on repeating things and statements, they do not understand a any thing about it, what it means and weather it makes any sense or not.
When one reads John, one can see the Church fathers engaged in discussions, which were recorded and reported. Maat brought up that very valid point.

Salaams, MUQ
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#162674 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are. Answer the questions put to you, first. Once you have answered, you can ask other questions. However, do not answer a question by asking another question, like the polemicists do.
Since when do you answer the questions put to you, you evil muztard rat???
We are awaiting an explanation for the evil behaviour of mad mo the raping murdering paedophile.
We are awaiting an explanation of the many many errors in the koran.
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#162675 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the case with John. "the Word" in John 1:1, is a 15th Century forgery. I think John had not even read Isaiah.
Good read.
Still making up blatant lies you evil little rat?
So what your sick muztard mind can't understand is a "15th Century forgery" ? LOL.
There are full manuscripts including John 1:1 going back to the mid 300s you moron and fragments from way before that.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#162676 Feb 9, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your sick muztard mind can't understand is a "15th Century forgery" ? LOL.
There are full manuscripts including John 1:1 going back to the mid 300s you moron and fragments from way before that.
Why you insert foul language and abuses and insults in your posts?

Why can't you use civil language in your posts.

Who taught you to use such language?

Jesus told you "Love your enemies" and "Turn the other cheek". It is very difficult to find a Christian debater these days who does not insert at least ten abuses and insults in their posts.

May be you will say "jesus also used such language when he addressed Elders of Jews" as

You Fools,

You of Little faith,

You Wipers!

You White Sepulctures !

Etc. Etc.

Are you working on Jesus' footsteps?
John

Wurtulla, Australia

#162677 Feb 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you insert foul language and abuses and insults in your posts?
Why can't you use civil language in your posts.
Who taught you to use such language?
Jesus told you "Love your enemies" and "Turn the other cheek". It is very difficult to find a Christian debater these days who does not insert at least ten abuses and insults in their posts.
May be you will say "jesus also used such language when he addressed Elders of Jews" as
You Fools,
You of Little faith,
You Wipers!
You White Sepulctures !
Etc. Etc.
Are you working on Jesus' footsteps?
Quit your wheedling wog boy.
Bmz is a sick rat and so are you.
As for loving my enemies, that does not include those with the mark of the islamic beast, who are pure evil.
This is war creep.
A war you rats started and a war we free westerners will finish.
You are doomed rat.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162678 Feb 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are trying to impress me with your ignorance of God?
First of all, can you verify that your knowledge and wisdom are superior to God, that you can absolutely say as a fact, that God cannot by His own Will bring forth an only Son?

It is evident that you are ignorant of the Holy Book that God gave to Moses.
For God sent prophets that prophesied in that Book that God Himself would come as the Messiah.
http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Messiah1.html
Its all there on that link.

The Scriptures verify that it was all accomplished by the Will of God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162679 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends what you call "Holy Bible"...Who gave it title Holy? at the time of Jesus there was nothing in existence called a Holy Bible.
Gospel of Barnabas presents the true teaching of Jesus as told to his chosen disciple Barnabas.
It agrees in part with present gospels and also disagrees in parts.
There is no "evidence" that it was written in 16th Century. It is one more of the various "assumptions" on which Christianity is based.
The only organization on earth that can delcare something holy is the Catholic Church. She declares the Holy Bible holy and not the gospel of barnabas. The gospel of barnabas does not measure up to the Holy Bible and can be rejected, like the koran, as coming from God.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#162680 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good read.
Matt gave an opinion of his own interpretation.
Isaiah 55:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

When God speaks His words do not return to Him.
His words are fulfilled by those whom He speaks too.
But in Isiah Gods Word returned to Him, as Jesus ascended back to heaven after His resurrection, as Jesus accomplished what God desired and achieved what God desired His word to accomplish.
In Isiah 55:11 Gods Word is sent to perform as God Willed His Word to accomplish what God desired.

In John 3:16 God revealed the purpose and desire that His Word should accomplish, and His word was sent in the form of Jesus.
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 17:1-6
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified
17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Scripture versified Isiah 55:11, and was fulfilled by Jesus.

bmz

Singapore

#162682 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You must know that there are NO originals of anything in Christianity's books. They do not even have any copy of the copy of the copy of the the first copy of anything.

The Church claims to have thousands of manuscripts but not even two are the same.

Let us now look at the most Satanic verse in Christian scripture, which is John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God". This ridiculous verse cannot be found in any of the ancient copies of the copies of the copies of ancient manuscripts.

Wycliffe translated this Satanic Verse in the 14th Century and wrote it as:

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word."

Now you don't see that silly and absurd word "Word" in above translation by Wycliffe, who did the first translation in English in the 14th Century.

Wycliffe did not see any ugly word "Word" in there and did not write "and the Word was God".

So, in the beginning, God was the only word.

And now look at how deeply they have fucked Wycliffe's translation:

"[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]"

That Jesus was the Word that was with God and became God, is rubbish, atrocious and a lie!
bmz

Singapore

#162683 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt gave an opinion of his own interpretation.
Isaiah 55:11
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
When God speaks His words do not return to Him.
His words are fulfilled by those whom He speaks too.
But in Isiah Gods Word returned to Him, as Jesus ascended back to heaven after His resurrection, as Jesus accomplished what God desired and achieved what God desired His word to accomplish.
In Isiah 55:11 Gods Word is sent to perform as God Willed His Word to accomplish what God desired.
In John 3:16 God revealed the purpose and desire that His Word should accomplish, and His word was sent in the form of Jesus.
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 17:1-6
Jesus Prays to Be Glorified
17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Scripture versified Isiah 55:11, and was fulfilled by Jesus.
I beg to disagree!

There is no Jesus in Isaiah 55:11.

John 17:3 already confirms that Jesus is not God. It only talks about Jesus being the servant or slave of God, sent to the house of Israel.

17:4-5 show Jesus as a young child wanting more appreciation for doing nothing.

Why don't you go, read and understand what John says in John 1:41 and 20:31?

1:41 " He first found his brother Simon, and said to him,“We have found the Messiah” " He refers to Andrew.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Did Andrew report that they had found the Messiah, the Son of God or God.

John 20:31 "but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name."

Son of God is a post-Jesus concoction.
bmz

Singapore

#162684 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The only organization on earth that can delcare something holy is the Catholic Church. She declares the Holy Bible holy and not the gospel of barnabas. The gospel of barnabas does not measure up to the Holy Bible and can be rejected, like the koran, as coming from God.
Forget the Catholic Church.

Your own Bible does not measure up to the Jewish Holy Scriptures.
bmz

Singapore

#162685 Feb 10, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your wheedling wog boy.
Bmz is a sick rat and so are you.
As for loving my enemies, that does not include those with the mark of the islamic beast, who are pure evil.
This is war creep.
A war you rats started and a war we free westerners will finish.
You are doomed rat.
Actually, this love your enemies slogan by Jesus, is rubbish. Even turning the cheek advice attributed to Jesus, was also rubbish.

When Jesus was slapped, he did not turn the other cheek. Instead, he said, "Why did you strike me?"

Declare the war openly against Islam and the Muslims, if you and your leaders have the balls. Only then you will see how badly will you be fucked up!

After declaring war openly, start manufacturing more cycles for transportation and rear more horses, donkeys and mules to draw carriages. LMAO!

The US and the West is exhausted. Morale is down. Returning troops are all going under rehabilitation and psychological treatment. The ragheads and towelheads show no sign of sickness.

Location hidden

#162686 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
How easily can one show that? I would like to see.
The first question is this: Does God know me?

Allah. The Koran teaches that Allah is the transcendent creator, all-powerful and all-knowing. He knows who you are; in fact, he has fatalistically determined your thoughts, words and deeds – good and evil – and even your eternal destiny, which is why Muslims so often say,“If Allah wills it.” So, Allah does indeed know you.

But Allah is not truly personal, knowable, or approachable. The Koran depicts him more judgmental than gracious. He exists as a singular unity who has no “partners.” In fact, to call Jesus the Son of God is to commit the unpardonable sin, or shirk. Of the 99 names for God in the Koran, Father is not one of them. In Islam, it is considered blasphemous to “presume” that one can know God or claim any sort of close, personal fellowship with Allah. He reveals his will, not himself.

The second question we can ask to know the difference between Allah and Yahweh is: Does God love me?

Allah.The Koran teaches that Allah loves those he chooses to love and hates those he chooses to hate.“Allah loves not those that do wrong,” says the Koran (Surah 3:140), neither does he love “him who is treacherous, sinful”(Surah 4:107).“Those who reject faith and do wrong – Allah will not forgive them nor guide them to any way – Except the way of Hell, to dwell therein for ever. And this to Allah is easy (4:168-169). See also 5:49 and 40:10. Other types of people Allah hates:
•Transgressors (2:190).
•Ungrateful and wicked creatures (2:276).
•Those who reject faith (3:32; 30:45).
•Those who do wrong (3:57, 140; 42:40).
•The arrogant, the vainglorious (4:36; 16:23; 31:18; 57:23).
•Those given to excess (5:87).
•Wasters (6:141; 7:31).
•Treacherous (8:58).
•Ungrateful (22:38).

Yahweh, the God of the Bible, on the other hand, loves all people (John 3:16). He demonstrated, or proved, His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Rom. 5:8). John wrote,“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sin”(1 John 4:10). Even though God hates sin, He loves the sinner and takes no pleasure in punishing him (Eze. 18:23).

Does God love me? Only the God of the Bible loves all people.

The third question we can ask to know the difference between Allah and Yahweh is: Did God die for me?

The Koran teaches that Allahdid not, would not, and will not die for you, nor would he send anyone to die for you. In fact, the Koran teaches that Jesus did not die on the cross, but was taken up into heaven, and Judas was crucified in His place. Further, the Koran teaches that there is no need for God to provide a sacrifice for sin because ignorance of Islam, not sin, is man’s problem.(The possible exceptions are apostasy from Islam and refusal to convert to Islam.) Staying away from major sins (whatever those are) will automatically result in one’s “small” sins being overlooked by Allah (4:31).

Yahweh, the God of the Bible, on the other hand, loves us so much He sent His Son to die for us. This was determined in eternity past, before you and I were ever born and before any of mankind had fallen into sin; Jesus is declared to be the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world (Rev. 13:8). Jesus, who knew no sin, became sin for us (2 Cor. 5:21). But even more than dying for us, God the Son rose from the dead, conquering sin and death, and He offers us forgiveness of sins and eternal life by His grace through faith in Him.

Did God die for us? Only the God of the Bible sent His Son to die for us, securing eternal life for those who trust in Him.

Location hidden

#162687 Feb 10, 2013
Continued:

So, are Allah and Yahweh just two different names for the same God, as President Bush suggested in his television interview? Absolutely not:
•Allah is distant and unknowable. The God of the Bible is close and personal.
•Allah does not love every person; Yahweh does.
•Allah did not, would not, and will not die for you, nor would he ever send anyone to do so. But the God of the Bible loves you so much He sent His one and only Son to die for you. And He stands ready to grant you everlasting life if you will receive Him by faith.
bmz

Singapore

#162689 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>The first question is this: Does God know me?
Allah. The Koran teaches that Allah is the transcendent creator, all-powerful and all-knowing. He knows who you are; in fact, he has fatalistically determined your thoughts, words and deeds – good and evil – and even your eternal destiny, which is why Muslims so often say,“If Allah wills it.” So, Allah does indeed know you.
I never appreciate long posts full of irrelevant material. Some times, when I am in a charitable mood, I amy respond in short bites. I wish to address this part of your post, which I have extracted.

You are wrong! It is not just Muslims. Even you are supposed to say "If God wills it". It is a different matter that Christians do not say that.

Every believer in God Almighty, is supposed to say, "If God wills" or "If God is willing".

How can you disagree with me on this?

Let me show you from the New Testament, your own book, the importance of saying, "If God wills":

"Come now, you who say,“Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and get gain”; whereas you do not know about tomorrow. What is your life?

For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

Instead you ought to say,“If the Lord wills, we shall live and we shall do this or that.”

If God wills, I will write more later! Another way: "God willing, I will write more later".

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162690 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Who answer questions by making other questions is your benefit sucker.

Much in advance I posed 4 points to him, but he was literally unable to answer (as expected), then he made up questions in order to avoid the issues, and of course his questions have nothing to do with the previous arguments.

Although I did answer his silly questions, he keeps repeat them because he's unable to face my points.

But this is what you Muslims do, once you don't know answer you change the issue.

You moron Muslims always sing the same songs never answer and try to show other religions stuff, use your brain once. Why else you're blowing your miserable life for a cult you don't even truly believe in?
bmz

Singapore

#162691 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
But Allah is not truly personal, knowable, or approachable. The Koran depicts him more judgmental than gracious. He exists as a singular unity who has no “partners.” In fact, to call Jesus the Son of God is to commit the unpardonable sin, or shirk. Of the 99 names for God in the Koran, Father is not one of them. In Islam, it is considered blasphemous to “presume” that one can know God or claim any sort of close, personal fellowship with Allah. He reveals his will, not himself.

The second question we can ask to know the difference between Allah and Yahweh is: Does God love me?
Christianity made God 'knowable' and 'approachable'. Right?

And how do we know this Christian God very well? We come to know this God as an absurdity, monstrosity and abomination known as the Triune God or the Trinity.

Who does a Christian approach? The Father or the Son or the Ghost? Each is a God in the virtual Godhead.

Who does the Christian love most? Yahweh or Jesus or the Ghost?

So, instead of knowing the true God, we see the poor Christian looking towards Jesus as God. isn't this absurd!

The Father was not included as a name or an attribute in Islam because Allah the LORD Almighty God is neither a man or the father of men. Calling God, the Father, led to the calling of God, the Son and later to calling God the Ghost, who no Christian calls anyway.

Now, I come to your second question:

"The second question we can ask to know the difference between Allah and Yahweh is: Does God love me?"

Did Yahweh really love Jesus? Was Yahweh always full of love to all others?

What love did Yahweh show to Jesus by sending him to the alleged cross? Why did he not show any compassion, when Jesus cried, "My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me?"

The poor man's throat went dry and he said, "I thirst" but Yahweh was totally silent.

Was a human sacrifice approved by Yahweh?

And here in Qur'aan, we have Allah, who rescued the poor man and moved him to safety. If that ain't love what it is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cities’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul 23 moabdallah 1
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web