Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,629)

Showing posts 152,561 - 152,580 of193,723
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

What is a god born from a god and a mortal called: a demi-god.

Paul VW if you read the link i gave you would have seen that the first comparison was not with a god, but (aramaic wrongly translated 'son of the governor'...)but with a messenger, angel in christian speak. Mechelzedek by extention an Elohim, thus that became god-alike, for they had translated it so.

The discussion in John might as well have been about claiming rule over the am-ha-ra.
So the actual elders were called in.
They by the way were also replaced by a theme more sympathetic to the greeks and romans.
The sanhendrin was not allowed to deliver big life and death sentences.

But on the whole i lean to the reading of the gospel as a play, written by josephus.
Given that the spanish and Istalian folklore has the names ofthe fellow criminals als variations of Gaius and Titus.
And the codex sinaiticus uses in greek IUXU commoner, and in romanized greek Gaia as name for
later inserted jesus.

(Yeshua is weird feminin aramic. Simply wrong. Not read anywhere in that form in the tanakh.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_xii/ap...
munificentissimus deus 1950

Read carefully, SHE was immaculately received!
So what does this make her mother!
Because by this mere immaculate reception christians declare Jesus a son of god.
Based on a wrong interpretation of alma.
And son of governor' wrongly interpreted as reading son of god.

And because of the theology of John, a god.
Though the extended version of Matthew (so not the early one) endorses that view.

But later she was declared the new Eve, the mother of the church.

FGS the women gave birth to an entire building!
Only goddesses do that.:P)
And Mohammeds mum took care of the light-show.:)
Folklore is wonderfull.

She unlike Jesus, did go straight to heaven.
the story about jesus resurrection is so vague that not even the Vatican endorses it.

It's again Dogma, an article of faith.
You accept it but it's not a material fact.
The Vatican kind of has standards in these matters.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Early christianity:
1 A cup of milk was offered to me: and I drank it in the sweetness of the delight of the Lord. 2 The Son is the cup and He who was milked is the Father: 3 And the Holy Spirit milked Him: because His breasts were full, and it was necessary for Him that His milk should be sufficiently released; 4 And the Holy Spirit opened His bosom and mingled the milk from the two breasts of the Father and gave the mixture to the world without their knowing: 5 And they who receive in its fulness are the ones on the right hand. 6 The Spirit opened the womb of the Virgin and she received conception and brought forth; and the Virgin became a Mother with many mercies; 7 And she travailed and brought forth a Son, without incurring pain; 8 And because she was not sufficiently prepared, and she had not sought a midwife (for He brought her to bear) she brought forth, as if she were a man, of her own will; 9 And she brought Him forth openly, and acquired Him with great dignity, 10 And loved Him in His swaddling clothes and guarded Him kindly, and showed Him in Majesty. Hallelujah.

ODES OF SOLOMON
http://www.goodnewsinc.net/othbooks/odesolmn....

The geneological line of Mary jumps to that of the male side.
Otherwise we could have followed a string of goddesses, all the way back to the original.
Though morning-star that jesus was compared with for along time, is a good hint.

Bgat-adopted.
This translation is used a lot, obscuring actual adoptions into the tribe.
And a child good be given to a couple by the temple.
So one folklore was about Mary being a temple-singer.
it all makes no real sense in the hebrew way, therefore they had their jokes too.

And for some weird reason christians cannot abide that.
Deep brainwash i say.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
ISLAM: A POLYTHEISTIC RELIGION
........4:80 "He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
(That means that the will of Muhammad is the will of Allah) Muhammad being a human may order something foolish, but... never mind this is what Allah wants....
To the linguistically challenged from the land of 99% "ex" fascists who murdered Jews in their millions.....

...He who obeys the judge or policeman obeys the ruler of the land
who enforces the law through these people...

Now according to our moron from ex fascist land...it means..
"(That means that the will of judge or policeman is the will of Ruler) Judge/policeman may order something foolish, but... never mind this is what the Ruler Allah wants...."

There you go moronic closet christian from the land that "hated" jews!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

If you read John, it is almost as if you can follow verbatim some of the discussions the churchfathers had.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is that junk salvation history? Please address the following questions, which you did not answer:

Could you enlighten us about the part played by Issac in your Christian salvation history?

What was God's plan? And what was that covenant which was established with Issac?

Please list up Issac's achievements and how does he fit in the tapestry of Christianity?

Please try to do that in your usual 2-3 liners.

Bonus question and I need a better hilarious answer:

What has Issac got to do with Jesus? Did Jesus even utter Issac's name once?
lol...Absolutely brother!
I have asked him about Abraham and Jacob too!! What have they got to do with him?

He repeats "mantras" without bothering to look into the veracity of his dumb claims.

does he think Isaac gives two hoots about him or "christians"?
Isaac would chuck him and "christians" in a huge bin as idol worshipping gentiles!
Salaams
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, are you willfully ignorant, or just plain stupid?
And those Messengers, SOME We have preferred above others; some there are to whom God spoke, and SOME He raised in rank. And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear signs, and confirmed him with the Holy Spirit. Qur'an 2:253
Take your meds.
I repeat...bu(tteredbuttturdlick )ford...

Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no admiration whatsoever for BJ the gentile clown that you CREATED and worship! If this CREATED gentle clown claims that he came for gentles then he is indeed a BIG lying clown who is rejected by Islam.

Jesus Christ PBUH was a Jewish MAN who claimed he came only for the Jews and this is the Jesus Christ PBUH, that Islam refers to, loves and respects!!

You NEED your meds.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Correction..........for buttboy..

Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no admiration whatsoever for BJ the gentile clown that you CREATED and worship! If this CREATED GENTILE clown claims that he came for GENTILES then he is indeed a BIG lying clown who is rejected by Islam.

Jesus Christ PBUH was a Jewish MAN who claimed he came for the Jews and this is the Jesus Christ PBUH, that Islam refers to, loves and respects!!

You NEED your meds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that send in my name means that this comforter should the same name of the Nazarene? This is what I have written last night.
"have you not read the words "send in my name", " Muhammad had nothing to do with Yeshua."
If you are unable to understand then it's better you stop discussing.
And yes to your surprise that "you" was referred to the apostoles and not to humans. Your lack of reading the Bible is make you pass for an ignorant fool.
Read this:
"John 16:7
Still, I am telling you the truth: it is for your own good that I am going, because unless I go, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
Here instead Jesus is clearly saying that if he does not go, then the Comforter won't come to them. Them who? That relation indicates that the Comforter has to come SHORTLY after Jesus, and that it cannot come if Yeshua is still there, and not 6 or 7 centuries after him." So yes the disciples awaited for the comforter and no one else.
It is lacking in the earliest texts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Washington...
'supported' does not mean that it is there, but that support is given to it lacking.

(I recall some discussions, cut short because of this kind of confusion. And the gunai stand likewise in my mind. All you can do at a certain point if hold your shaking head in your hands and just never respond in that thread again. And when it happened here, is was neverending.)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
...On a second though MUQ may be right.
If one takes the word muslim for its meaning (one who submits to the will of god) then he has a point.

But surely Adam didn't follow any Islam, one because he didn't exist and two because that religion was set up only 1400 years ago by Muhammad.
We believe that Islam is for ALL humans.
We believe that Adam was the FIRST human and the "father" of ALL humans.
We believe that Adam submitted to the Will of God.

Therefore, by definition Adam is a Muslim.

We cannot say he was a Jew because Judaism/Judah came long after Adam, although we can agree that Adam submitted to the will of the same God who is worshipped by present day Jews.

We cannot say he was a Christians because Christianity is an invention thanks mainly to "St Killer" Paul and "Christ" came long after Adam. "Christians" in reality do not submit to the Will of God of Adam because they complicate everything by throwing a man in as "god".

Jesus Christ PBUH himself preached submission to the will of God.
He prayed to ONE God.

Even if you remove Prophet Muhammed PBUH from this equation, "Islam" has always been there to those who submitted to the Will of ONE God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (2010)
I tell you the truth: it is beneficial for you that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Redeemer of the accursed will not come to you, but if I depart I shall send him to you.

later in John it points to the spirit.

So GOD exit...enter stage jesus
Exit jesus...
Sorry i must go otherwise it is not going to happen.
Enter the word/holy spirit. church.

So the position is taken.
----
Western church and eastern church.
had several discussion and disagreed about almost everything.
W. God + son = spirit=church
E. God +spirit= son= church as interceder and healer. Though tax-collector mainly, in the east.

But i wonder about the text in the eastern church. Given the aramaic it's probably the same but got a different interpretation.(resp. syriac, pre-Arab, old slav and old -Georgean are just one step too far.)

The trinity just serves to establish the fallacy of authority. Because they have to make room for the other!
So everything is about replacement.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is that junk salvation history? Please address the following questions, which you did not answer:
Could you enlighten us about the part played by Issac in your Christian salvation history?
What was God's plan? And what was that covenant which was established with Issac?
Please list up Issac's achievements and how does he fit in the tapestry of Christianity?
Please try to do that in your usual 2-3 liners.
Bonus question and I need a better hilarious answer:
What has Issac got to do with Jesus? Did Jesus even utter Issac's name once?
Jesus quoted God as saying: "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Mat 22:32 Ha, no ishmael!

Isaac is part of the tapistry of Salvation History. It was with Isaac that God made His first convenant with man. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets of this first convenant and made a new convenant with man. Salvation History can be found in the uncorrupt Holy Bible and you can go to the Cathechism of the Catholic Church for a detailed explanation of Salvation History.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Islam is for ALL humans.
We believe that Adam was the FIRST human and the "father" of ALL humans.
We believe that Adam submitted to the Will of God.
Therefore, by definition Adam is a Muslim.
We cannot say he was a Jew because Judaism/Judah came long after Adam, although we can agree that Adam submitted to the will of the same God who is worshipped by present day Jews.
We cannot say he was a Christians because Christianity is an invention thanks mainly to "St Killer" Paul and "Christ" came long after Adam. "Christians" in reality do not submit to the Will of God of Adam because they complicate everything by throwing a man in as "god".
Jesus Christ PBUH himself preached submission to the will of God.
He prayed to ONE God.
Even if you remove Prophet Muhammed PBUH from this equation, "Islam" has always been there to those who submitted to the Will of ONE God.
In that case, submission, the fall and flood never happened.
The wife could never count for half a head etc.
But that would still follow the christian interpretation.

*Ah but another line of thought makes jesus to be like adam.
mary like eve.
Deep devisions on these issues cannot be found in this way.
In perticular not with the Eastern church.

*See the discussion on john and psalm 82 with Paul VW, the link given.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Correction..........for buttboy..
Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no admiration whatsoever for BJ the gentile clown that you CREATED and worship! If this CREATED GENTILE clown claims that he came for GENTILES then he is indeed a BIG lying clown who is rejected by Islam.
Jesus Christ PBUH was a Jewish MAN who claimed he came for the Jews and this is the Jesus Christ PBUH, that Islam refers to, loves and respects!!
You NEED your meds.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

Here's the only Gentile Clown related link that I could find:
https://twitter.com/BadgerHerald/status/26304...

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
If you read John, it is almost as if you can follow verbatim some of the discussions the churchfathers had.
Indeed! I agree with that short but solid assessment.

The best examples:

Church father #1:

John 14:26 "and the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and remind you of all things that I said to you."

Church father #2:

"John 20:21 Jesus, therefore, said to them again,`Peace to you; according as the Father hath sent me, I also send you;' 22 and this having said, he breathed on [them], and saith to them,`Receive the Holy Spirit;"

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus quoted God as saying: "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Mat 22:32 Ha, no ishmael!

Isaac is part of the tapistry of Salvation History. It was with Isaac that God made His first convenant with man. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets of this first convenant and made a new convenant with man. Salvation History can be found in the uncorrupt Holy Bible and you can go to the Cathechism of the Catholic Church for a detailed explanation of Salvation History.
Even unschooled folks have quoted God as saying, ""I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

However, neither Jesus nor any unschooled has said, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob".

So, what is the big deal about what Jesus quoted?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is rubbish, junk and stuff. Everything from the Catholic Church is ridiculous and absurd, the most absurd being the Triune God.

Please try to answer each question. Go back and read my post.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit has a major rule in salvation history. The Holy Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and every Born Again Christian has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.
How do you know this?
Did "holy spirit" or was it "holy ghost" tell you?
What is the NAME of holy spirit?
Can you give me the exact names of the books in YOUR "holy bible"?
Answer questions instead of lying...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
Here's the only Gentile Clown related link that I could find:
https://twitter.com/BadgerHerald/status/26304...
Give a summary of what is in your link..
I will NOT click your links to increase your hit rates...

You NEED your meds.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
To the linguistically challenged from the land of 99% "ex" fascists who murdered Jews in their millions.....
...He who obeys the judge or policeman obeys the ruler of the land
who enforces the law through these people...
Even if you change the subjects the meaning rest the same, unfortunately for you.

Can you not understand that this verse is so vague and that give too much power to Muhammad?

If you have to believe to the policemen or judge then one of them can order you to go with them and kill someone.

How you know are obeying to the ruler of the land, and not to the will of the policemen or judge ?

It will be wise to the ruler of the land to come in the open and tell to who people have to obey, and under which matter.

Those important things are missing, and this means that whatever idiocy Muhammad can came out with you have to obey.

Not to speak that the folks knew about this ruler of the land, say Allah, through Muhammad. So actually you don't know for sure the ruler gave to him such power.

"He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, submission, the fall and flood never happened.
The wife could never count for half a head etc.
But that would still follow the christian interpretation.
*Ah but another line of thought makes jesus to be like adam.
mary like eve.
Deep devisions on these issues cannot be found in this way.
In perticular not with the Eastern church.
*See the discussion on john and psalm 82 with Paul VW, the link given.
We believe Adam and Eve did submit and seek forgiveness after their mishap.
The temporary move to planet earth is perhaps to test the free choice of creation by allowing good old uncle satan to do his worst!
We believe that the flood was not worldwide. It was limited to certain regions.
It is impossible for the whole world to be covered in water at the same time after it has already had land masses. It is equally impossible to stuff all forms of life onto one ship/boat.
The New adam jesus and eve mary is a nonsense.
There were humans before Jesus and Mary and there are humans after them.
Therefore, simply making up stories about Jesus is a waste of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,561 - 152,580 of193,723
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Apr 21 Edgar Withit 29
Blackbeard's Booty Apr 18 Ed Teach 3
Sydney-Bali Apr 17 jeck 3
Serbia Experts Use Heavy Machinery to Move Mammoth Apr 13 sava 2
Ancient Egyptian coffin found in Israel Apr 13 Kyana McCoy 1
Five Simple WW II Archaeology Questions Apr 7 Yani Shapiro 1
Richard III revamp at Bosworth Battlefield whil... Apr 6 Charlie Goodbadger 1
•••
•••