Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 212,459

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#162528 Feb 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that send in my name means that this comforter should the same name of the Nazarene? This is what I have written last night.
"have you not read the words "send in my name", " Muhammad had nothing to do with Yeshua."
If you are unable to understand then it's better you stop discussing.
And yes to your surprise that "you" was referred to the apostoles and not to humans. Your lack of reading the Bible is make you pass for an ignorant fool.
Read this:
"John 16:7
Still, I am telling you the truth: it is for your own good that I am going, because unless I go, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
Here instead Jesus is clearly saying that if he does not go, then the Comforter won't come to them. Them who? That relation indicates that the Comforter has to come SHORTLY after Jesus, and that it cannot come if Yeshua is still there, and not 6 or 7 centuries after him." So yes the disciples awaited for the comforter and no one else.
It is lacking in the earliest texts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Washington...
'supported' does not mean that it is there, but that support is given to it lacking.

(I recall some discussions, cut short because of this kind of confusion. And the gunai stand likewise in my mind. All you can do at a certain point if hold your shaking head in your hands and just never respond in that thread again. And when it happened here, is was neverending.)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162530 Feb 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
...On a second though MUQ may be right.
If one takes the word muslim for its meaning (one who submits to the will of god) then he has a point.

But surely Adam didn't follow any Islam, one because he didn't exist and two because that religion was set up only 1400 years ago by Muhammad.
We believe that Islam is for ALL humans.
We believe that Adam was the FIRST human and the "father" of ALL humans.
We believe that Adam submitted to the Will of God.

Therefore, by definition Adam is a Muslim.

We cannot say he was a Jew because Judaism/Judah came long after Adam, although we can agree that Adam submitted to the will of the same God who is worshipped by present day Jews.

We cannot say he was a Christians because Christianity is an invention thanks mainly to "St Killer" Paul and "Christ" came long after Adam. "Christians" in reality do not submit to the Will of God of Adam because they complicate everything by throwing a man in as "god".

Jesus Christ PBUH himself preached submission to the will of God.
He prayed to ONE God.

Even if you remove Prophet Muhammed PBUH from this equation, "Islam" has always been there to those who submitted to the Will of ONE God.

Location hidden

#162531 Feb 9, 2013
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (2010)
I tell you the truth: it is beneficial for you that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Redeemer of the accursed will not come to you, but if I depart I shall send him to you.

later in John it points to the spirit.

So GOD exit...enter stage jesus
Exit jesus...
Sorry i must go otherwise it is not going to happen.
Enter the word/holy spirit. church.

So the position is taken.
----
Western church and eastern church.
had several discussion and disagreed about almost everything.
W. God + son = spirit=church
E. God +spirit= son= church as interceder and healer. Though tax-collector mainly, in the east.

But i wonder about the text in the eastern church. Given the aramaic it's probably the same but got a different interpretation.(resp. syriac, pre-Arab, old slav and old -Georgean are just one step too far.)

The trinity just serves to establish the fallacy of authority. Because they have to make room for the other!
So everything is about replacement.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162532 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is that junk salvation history? Please address the following questions, which you did not answer:
Could you enlighten us about the part played by Issac in your Christian salvation history?
What was God's plan? And what was that covenant which was established with Issac?
Please list up Issac's achievements and how does he fit in the tapestry of Christianity?
Please try to do that in your usual 2-3 liners.
Bonus question and I need a better hilarious answer:
What has Issac got to do with Jesus? Did Jesus even utter Issac's name once?
Jesus quoted God as saying: "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Mat 22:32 Ha, no ishmael!

Isaac is part of the tapistry of Salvation History. It was with Isaac that God made His first convenant with man. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets of this first convenant and made a new convenant with man. Salvation History can be found in the uncorrupt Holy Bible and you can go to the Cathechism of the Catholic Church for a detailed explanation of Salvation History.

Location hidden

#162533 Feb 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe that Adam was the FIRST human and the "father" of ALL humans.
We believe that Adam submitted to the Will of God.
Therefore, by definition Adam is a Muslim.
We cannot say he was a Jew because Judaism/Judah came long after Adam, although we can agree that Adam submitted to the will of the same God who is worshipped by present day Jews.
We cannot say he was a Christians because Christianity is an invention thanks mainly to "St Killer" Paul and "Christ" came long after Adam. "Christians" in reality do not submit to the Will of God of Adam because they complicate everything by throwing a man in as "god".
Jesus Christ PBUH himself preached submission to the will of God.
He prayed to ONE God.
Even if you remove Prophet Muhammed PBUH from this equation, "Islam" has always been there to those who submitted to the Will of ONE God.
In that case, submission, the fall and flood never happened.
The wife could never count for half a head etc.
But that would still follow the christian interpretation.

*Ah but another line of thought makes jesus to be like adam.
mary like eve.
Deep devisions on these issues cannot be found in this way.
In perticular not with the Eastern church.

*See the discussion on john and psalm 82 with Paul VW, the link given.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#162534 Feb 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Correction..........for buttboy..
I repeat...bu(tteredbuttturdlick )ford...
Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no admiration whatsoever for BJ the gentile clown that you CREATED and worship! If this CREATED GENTILE clown claims that he came for GENTILES then he is indeed a BIG lying clown who is rejected by Islam.
Jesus Christ PBUH was a Jewish MAN who claimed he came for the Jews and this is the Jesus Christ PBUH, that Islam refers to, loves and respects!!
You NEED your meds.
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

Here's the only Gentile Clown related link that I could find:
https://twitter.com/BadgerHerald/status/26304...

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162535 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
If you read John, it is almost as if you can follow verbatim some of the discussions the churchfathers had.
Indeed! I agree with that short but solid assessment.

The best examples:

Church father #1:

John 14:26 "and the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and remind you of all things that I said to you."

Church father #2:

"John 20:21 Jesus, therefore, said to them again,`Peace to you; according as the Father hath sent me, I also send you;' 22 and this having said, he breathed on [them], and saith to them,`Receive the Holy Spirit;"

bmz

Singapore

#162536 Feb 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus quoted God as saying: "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." Mat 22:32 Ha, no ishmael!

Isaac is part of the tapistry of Salvation History. It was with Isaac that God made His first convenant with man. Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets of this first convenant and made a new convenant with man. Salvation History can be found in the uncorrupt Holy Bible and you can go to the Cathechism of the Catholic Church for a detailed explanation of Salvation History.
Even unschooled folks have quoted God as saying, ""I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

However, neither Jesus nor any unschooled has said, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob".

So, what is the big deal about what Jesus quoted?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church is rubbish, junk and stuff. Everything from the Catholic Church is ridiculous and absurd, the most absurd being the Triune God.

Please try to answer each question. Go back and read my post.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162537 Feb 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit has a major rule in salvation history. The Holy Bible was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and every Born Again Christian has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.
How do you know this?
Did "holy spirit" or was it "holy ghost" tell you?
What is the NAME of holy spirit?
Can you give me the exact names of the books in YOUR "holy bible"?
Answer questions instead of lying...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162538 Feb 9, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
Here's the only Gentile Clown related link that I could find:
https://twitter.com/BadgerHerald/status/26304...
Give a summary of what is in your link..
I will NOT click your links to increase your hit rates...

I repeat...bu(tteredbuttturdlick )ford...
Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no admiration whatsoever for BJ the gentile clown that you CREATED and worship! If this CREATED GENTILE clown claims that he came for GENTILES then he is indeed a BIG lying clown who is rejected by Islam.
Jesus Christ PBUH was a Jewish MAN who claimed he came for the Jews and this is the Jesus Christ PBUH, that Islam refers to, loves and respects!!
You NEED your meds.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162539 Feb 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
To the linguistically challenged from the land of 99% "ex" fascists who murdered Jews in their millions.....
...He who obeys the judge or policeman obeys the ruler of the land
who enforces the law through these people...
Even if you change the subjects the meaning rest the same, unfortunately for you.

Can you not understand that this verse is so vague and that give too much power to Muhammad?

If you have to believe to the policemen or judge then one of them can order you to go with them and kill someone.

How you know are obeying to the ruler of the land, and not to the will of the policemen or judge ?

It will be wise to the ruler of the land to come in the open and tell to who people have to obey, and under which matter.

Those important things are missing, and this means that whatever idiocy Muhammad can came out with you have to obey.

Not to speak that the folks knew about this ruler of the land, say Allah, through Muhammad. So actually you don't know for sure the ruler gave to him such power.

"He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162540 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, submission, the fall and flood never happened.
The wife could never count for half a head etc.
But that would still follow the christian interpretation.
*Ah but another line of thought makes jesus to be like adam.
mary like eve.
Deep devisions on these issues cannot be found in this way.
In perticular not with the Eastern church.
*See the discussion on john and psalm 82 with Paul VW, the link given.
We believe Adam and Eve did submit and seek forgiveness after their mishap.
The temporary move to planet earth is perhaps to test the free choice of creation by allowing good old uncle satan to do his worst!
We believe that the flood was not worldwide. It was limited to certain regions.
It is impossible for the whole world to be covered in water at the same time after it has already had land masses. It is equally impossible to stuff all forms of life onto one ship/boat.
The New adam jesus and eve mary is a nonsense.
There were humans before Jesus and Mary and there are humans after them.
Therefore, simply making up stories about Jesus is a waste of time.

bmz

Singapore

#162541 Feb 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
Ha, no ishmael!
Ishmael will always remain like a fish bone stuck between the dentures of your Church.

Actually, it does not matter much to me, if you deny Ishmael being in the Covenant with Issac. He was the 2nd person of the Greatest Covenant of Losing Foreskin. Issac did not even exist when that happened.

Now, what was the Covenant with Issac?

Was it as follows?

"My covenant with you is that I will give you a wild hairy one and another hairless." Was Jacob bald?

How does Jesus fit in this patch here?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162542 Feb 9, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if you change the subjects the meaning rest the same, unfortunately for you.
Can you not understand that this verse is so vague and that give too much power to Muhammad?
If you have to believe to the policemen or judge then one of them can order you to go with them and kill someone.
How you know are obeying to the ruler of the land, and not to the will of the policemen or judge ?
It will be wise to the ruler of the land to come in the open and tell to who people have to obey, and under which matter.
Those important things are missing, and this means that whatever idiocy Muhammad can came out with you have to obey.
Not to speak that the folks knew about this ruler of the land, say Allah, through Muhammad. So actually you don't know for sure the ruler gave to him such power.
"He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah."
He who obeyed Moses at that time Obeyed God.
He who obeyed Jesus at that time obeyed God.
We need a human guide to help us understand and follow the set of instructions.
They are just tools.
We do not worship them.
As Muhammed pbuh, was sent as the final prophet for all mankind we believe we must listen to what he said!!
If you can listen to many people during your lifetime, why not listen to the greatest of human beings ever?
A Muslim is very clear about his GOD.
That God is NOT Muhammed.
We worship our CREATOR and NOT the creation.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162543 Feb 9, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Support your belief.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text> We believe that Adam was the FIRST human and the "father" of ALL humans.
God create men out of nothing is a BS

I may believe that my villa is 1 km distant from the moon. Does that mean is true?
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text> We believe that Adam submitted to the Will of God.
How do you know where you present in that very moment?
Also you can believe what you want, but should understand that opinions are opinions, let's use facts instead.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text> Therefore, by definition Adam is a Muslim.
No Adam cannot be muslim for a series of reasons. The meaning of the word muslim is misleading, under that definition anyone who believe in god is a muslim, hence, Christians, Jews and so on.

In today world a Muslim is the one who follow Islam, Quran and believe in Allah,(the god Muhammad came out with) is the one who created the universe, and Muhammad is his prophet.

This is a muslim, and Adam if existed was certainly not a muslim.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162544 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even unschooled folks have quoted God as saying, ""I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
However, neither Jesus nor any unschooled has said, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob".
So, what is the big deal about what Jesus quoted?
The Catechism of the Catholic Church is rubbish, junk and stuff. Everything from the Catholic Church is ridiculous and absurd, the most absurd being the Triune God.
Please try to answer each question. Go back and read my post.
Answered and proving rubbish.

If you want to know how Isaac fits into Salvation History read the Cathecism of the Catholic Church. This book has been approved of by God through the Keys given St Peter by Jesus.

Tell me about the goddesses mohammad wanted help from in the 'original' koran.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162545 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ishmael will always remain like a fish bone stuck between the dentures of your Church.
Actually, it does not matter much to me, if you deny Ishmael being in the Covenant with Issac. He was the 2nd person of the Greatest Covenant of Losing Foreskin. Issac did not even exist when that happened.
Was it as follows?
"My covenant with you is that I will give you a wild hairy one and another hairless." Was Jacob bald?
Read Galatians 4

Gal 4:28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30But what does the Scripture say?Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave womans son will never share in the inheritance with the free womans son.c 31Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162546 Feb 9, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was NOT talking to gentile christians!!
He was supposed to be talking to a few sects of Jews.
As he was supposed to have come from the line of Isaac, Jacob, Judah and David, he was referring to "his" God!
Jesus is just a man. he is NOT God.
Paul,, you have got a confused message about Jesus the Jew, from a bunch of nutcase gentiles who stole the Jewish books to make up their own god and you blindly follow that man made "church"!
Isaac knows nothing about a bunch of fools who worship a "dead" naked pagan man as their "god jesus".
If Isaac doesn't deny your lot immediately in the presence of God, he will also go to hell!!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162547 Feb 9, 2013
Islam or surrender to a higher principle is one of the many attributes of the human consciousness. The others are sincerity, attachment, love, devotion, discrimination, equanimity and so on.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162548 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it as follows?
Here St Paul words are prophetic for muslims today in how they try to lead us away from the true Gospel of Jesus as proclaimed by His saints/prophets of the NT.

Gal 4:
8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know Godor rather are known by Godhow is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[d]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.
17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them. 18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you. 19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) 15 hr Franklin resident 30
rare and tiny artifact disappears Mar 3 marcia neil 1
Lost Forever Isis militants smash ancient artif... Feb 26 Eleanor 1
Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient Artifacts to Be Displ... Feb 22 dollarsbill 16
Archaeologists start to unearth the secrets of ... Feb 15 DeQuitacre 1
Tobacco planted on archaeological area Feb 12 Tokat 1
Copper mining threatens Afghan site of ancient ... Feb 8 Mag 1
More from around the web