Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256361 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162453 Feb 8, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Hat damn! Platonic buju! Here's hoping that it will be as good for her as you hope it will be for you!
rabbee: what play-tonic, is not an afrodisiac? give me a chick, like they show in those adds. and i won't need any, toss test err roam enhancements.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162454 Feb 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
THE COMFORTER
Since I am reading that some confused muslim think that the comforter is Mohammed, then I think is better to quote the source for a better understanding:
John 14:16-17
16 I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Comforter to be with you for ever,
17 the Spirit of truth whom the world can never accept since it neither sees nor knows him; but you know him, because he is with you, he is in you
It seems evident from this lecture that this Comforter must be with them (apostles) for ever, and not to a group of illiteral pagan bedouins who live in the desert miles away from Israel, and that it can not be seen nor known to the world.
Was Mohammed with apostles or in the apostles? No he lived 6/7 centuries later. Was Mohammed invisible, and not known to the world? Neither since he was made of flesh.
John 15:26
When the Comforter comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who issues from the Father, he will be my witness
Was Mohammed witness of Jesus, or however, has he testified of Jesus? No he does not.
John 16:7
Still, I am telling you the truth: it is for your own good that I am going, because unless I go, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
Here instead Jesus is clearly saying that if he does not go, then the Comforter won't come. That relation indicates that the Comforter has to come SHORTLY after Jesus, and not 6 or 7 centuries after him.
Conclusion: The Comforter is in no way Mohammed, so muslim stop being more delusional than usual. Your Quran has lied to you, you don't find any support from the Bible.
If EVERY prophesy made by Jesus to the Apostles be fulfileld in their own life time....then the prophesy that Jesus shall return back MUST also be fulfilled within their life time.

Why you keep silent about THAT prophesy and only INSIST that Comforter must appear during the life time of Apostles of jesus?

Having two standards?

Then Jesus said "Comforter shall lead you into all the truth". What this alleged comforter told to the Apostles on the day of Pentecost?

Have you a single word recorded about that?

There is no way in the world you can prove that Holy Ghost fulfills even the most basic criterion about which Jesus spoke.

You can only mislead people who have no knowledge about Scripture.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#162455 Feb 8, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-47

Chapter 98 Miracle of the Fish
…When the greater part of the crowd had departed, there remained about five thousand men, without women and children who being wearied by the journey, having been two days without bread, for that through longing to see Jesus they had forgotten to bring any, whereupon they ate raw herbs therefore they were not able to depart like the others. Then Jesus, when he perceived this, had pity on them, and said to Philip: "Where shall we find bread for them that they perish not of hunger?" Philip answered: "Lord, two hundred pieces of gold could not buy so much bread that each one should taste a little." Then said Andrew: "There is here a child which has five loaves and two fishes, but what will it be among so many?"

Jesus answered: "Make the multitude sit down" And they sat down upon the grass by fifties and by forties. Thereupon said Jesus: "In the name of God!" And he took the bread, and prayed to God and then brake the bread, which he gave to the disciples, and the disciples gave it to the multitude; and so did they with the fishes. Every one ate and every one was satisfied. Then Jesus said: "Gather up that which is over." So the disciples gathered those fragments, and filled twelve baskets...

(This miracle is confirmed in all Gospels- MUQ)
(Abridged)

Chapter 99 Jesus fears from his people

Jesus, having withdrawn into a hollow part of the desert in Tiro near to Jordan, called together the seventy-two with the twelve, and, when he had seated himself upon a stone, made them to sit near him. And he opened his mouth with a sigh and said: "This day have we seen a great wickedness in Judea and in Israel such that my heart trembles within my breast for fear of God. Truly I say to you, that God is jealous for his honour, and loves Israel as a lover. You know that when a youth loves a lady, and she does not love him, but another, he is moved to indignation and slays his rival. Even so, I tell you, does God: for, when Israel has loved anything such that he forgets God, God has brought such a thing to nothing.…

Abraham loved his son Ishmael a little more than was right, so in order to kill that evil love out of the heart of Abraham, God commanded that he should slay his son: which he would have done had the knife cut.* David loved Absalom vehemently, and therefore God brought it to pass that the son rebelled against his father and was suspended by his hair and slain by Joab. O fearful judgment of God, that Absalom loved his hair above all things, and this was turned into a rope to hang him!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162456 Feb 8, 2013
Chapter 100 Continued
As God lives, brothers, I fear that God will be angered against me. Therefore you must go through Judea and Israel, preaching the truth to the twelve tribes, that they may be undeceived." The disciples answered with fear, weeping: "We will do whatever you bid us [to do]."

Then Jesus said: "Let us make prayer and fast for three days, and from henceforth every evening when the first star shall appear, when prayer is made to God, let us make prayer three times, asking him for mercy three times: because the sin of Israel is three times more grievous than other sins." "So be it," answered the disciples.

When the third day was ended, on the morning of the fourth day, Jesus called together all the disciples and apostles and said to them: "Barnabas and John will stay with me: you others are to go through all the region of Samaria and Judea and Israel, preaching penitence: because the axe is laid near to the tree, to cut it down. And make prayer over the sick, because God has given me authority over every sickness."

Note: What else Jesus could do to prove his innocence from this false charge? MUQ)

(Abridged)

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#162457 Feb 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That has nothing to do with Quran 4:80.
<quoted text>
He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah ; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian.
reason why that logic was given because , it was said this verse means muhammed is elevated to god status.

How do you know what Muhammad ordered came from Allah? An important point is that you only know about Allah through Muhammad.
If Muhammad said something and people disagreed he can always recite that verse ( He who obeys the Messenger obeys Allah) and yet no one cant tell him nothing.
If Allah was real, it would be wise and beneficial to come in the open and tell to the entire community that Mu' is his prophet ect. The same goes for the other religions as well.
<quoted text>again from start you want.what ever he teached us was good , made a good being,(not to you but to us)miracles of islam muhammed and quran.

Something like that you can read in the bible. The logic displyed is childish. I may say or do something and they are uttered. That does not mean they come from god. The funny thing is only those that are uttered comes from god, meaning that if a prophet can't accomplish something, it was because he did it by himself. Nice excuse these prophets have to invent to not lose credibility.
<quoted text>
Have you not read the words "among their brothers"? Who are they? The same people who promised the Promise Land), hence a prophet of god among the Quraysh is disqualified and unsupported by the Bible.
<quoted text>how valid
have you not read the words "send in my name", " Muhammad had nothing to do with Yeshua.
"He will teach you". That 'you' is referred to the disciples so this comforter have to be around them and live in their age, not 600 years later.
Even with NT Muhammad can not be the paraclito. Once again misquoted and unspported from the Bible.
see that foolishness in you, we dont find any such meaning, send in my name means you are quoting out of context, humans used this words not to mean someone coming in same name, it didnt say his name and my name are same, its says he will represent my name, meaning he will come down in name of god like in the allah we eat we drink, we work and we rest.like that

and you is foolishness, you here mean human and not disciples , humans still there.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#162458 Feb 8, 2013
Hey muztards, instead of trying to slander Jesus Christ with your shameless bullshit, how about you explain to us how somebody who behaved like mad mo the raping murdering paedophile could be from God?????
Also explain how a book with as many scientific errors as the Koran could be the word of God?????
Hmm?????
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#162460 Feb 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If EVERY prophesy made by Jesus to the Apostles be fulfileld in their own life time....then the prophesy that Jesus shall return back MUST also be fulfilled within their life time.
Why you keep silent about THAT prophesy and only INSIST that Comforter must appear during the life time of Apostles of jesus?
Having two standards?
Then Jesus said "Comforter shall lead you into all the truth". What this alleged comforter told to the Apostles on the day of Pentecost?
There is no way in the world you can prove that Holy Ghost fulfills even the most basic criterion about which Jesus spoke.
Mohammad the Comforter that Jesus prophesied, eh?

Tell that to the Jews who were expelled from Arabia by your "Comforter," by which I mean the ones who weren't murdered and enslaved.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162471 Feb 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you remember how we floored arnie the jinnie martini on this?
Now we have roman linguist (or linguini) with the same old trinity claim!
he needs to get three english letters, a b c, sorted before sorting three 'gods" in one!
Oh, yes. I remember.

That was a good debate.

It is not just Colonna. Many ignorant fools make silly statements but do not realize that Qur'aan DOES NOT talk about another absurd Trinity of God, Jesus and Mary at all.

Salaams, bro.

BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#162473 Feb 8, 2013
Irzath wrote:
<quoted text>
where or when....post no?..why would a muslim who believe in one god. who is trying to prove no partner with god would say allah has daughter or goddess?
Salaams, Irzath

The first Paul lied through his teeth to Romans and Greeks.

Our in-house Paul lies through his teeth to the readers here but does not know that the silent majority of international readers, knows that he (Paul) is a habitual liar.

He lies to defend his false belief, tries to cover up the lies in his own scripture and the blatant lies of the so-called Sacred Traditions, which are a huge sack of lies and are kept hidden in the basement at the Vatican.

Thanks.

BMZ
bmz

Location hidden

#162474 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You said allah can only have children by a goddess, so who are these goddesses? What is he waiting on? He's not getting any younger!
Please stop lying. The last time the Church fathers lied through there dentures, they came up with the abomination and absurdity known as Trinity.

Only your Christian God has a son. Right? My point is that God has no son.

If Jesus, the alleged son is God, then your God must have made love with a Goddess. That is the point.

So, you (the Christians) have a father God, a mother God and a son God. Son of God cannot come through a woman. It has to come through a Goddess. So, Mary is your Goddess. lol!

So, the revised Trinity should be God the Father, Goddess the Mother and God the Son.
bmz

Location hidden

#162475 Feb 8, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammad the Comforter that Jesus prophesied, eh?
Tell that to the Jews who were expelled from Arabia by your "Comforter," by which I mean the ones who weren't murdered and enslaved.
Dr. Knucklehead,

How about the word Advocate?

The treacherous lot does not exist anymore. It is reported that they went to Syria. We cannot trace them.

Why were they expelled? What had they done? Could we have some details, please?
bmz

Location hidden

#162476 Feb 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams brother!
A great question indeeed prompting us to prepare a list of 100 absurd and irritating verses......
There are many irritating verses...
Let's make a start with a funny one from John...
god the father=god the holy ghost=god the son=the word=jesus
John 1:1.....
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
In the beginning was jesus, and jesus was with jesus, and jesus was jesus.
Your turn!
Salaams
Thank you and that is the most absurd of them all.

The Church fathers butchered God and did not even spare butchering John.

After the first translation by Wycliffe appeared in the 14th Century, the Church Mill in-charge of the Bible Mills, butchered John in the early part of 15th Century.

This is from John Wycliffe's original in the 14th Century English:

"CAP 1

1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

3 Alle thingis weren maad bi hym, and withouten hym was maad no thing, that thing that was maad.

4 In hym was lijf, and the lijf was the liyt of men; and the liyt schyneth in derknessis,
5 and derknessis comprehendiden not it. "

And now the distortion by Bible Mills:

"John 1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

2 This was in the beginning at God.

3 All things were made by him, and without him was made nothing [nought], that thing that was made.

4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men; 5 and the light shineth in darknesses, and [the] darknesses comprehended not it. "

I am sure the silent majority of international readers will eb shocked, when they read the gross
distortion and forgery, which was made only about 500 years ago.

Salaams
BMZ

uhuh

Spain

#162477 Feb 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
halacha: OT should be burnt
exactly where in this does it say that??
http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx...
you don't know squat about halacha ("Jewish Law") lol

"It is forbidden to burn or destroy Kitvei Kodesh written by a Jew. As for those written by an apikoros, it is a mitzvah to burn them so that no remembrance will be left of the heretics or their deeds." -Mishneh Torah, Yesodei ha-Torah 6:8
400 years later Yosef Karo repeated the above halacha, "A Torah scroll written by an apikoros should be burned." -Shulchan Aruch, Yoreh Deah 281:1
uhuh

Spain

#162478 Feb 8, 2013
"no remembrance shall be left of the heretics or their deeds"

hmm Jesus he got the title YSH"U (yemach shemo vezichro), "erase his name and his remembrance"
to blot him out from history, just say he did not exist
uhuh

Spain

#162481 Feb 8, 2013
Septuagint, Old Testament, the "Holy Bible" do not have kedusha (holiness)
unlike Torah, it is not forbidden to read it while shitting
uhuh

Spain

#162482 Feb 8, 2013
muslims are outright koferim ba-Torah - they deny the Torah of today as divinely revealed

otoh, christians blindfully accept the Torah as uncorrupted, BUT misinterpret it to justify their pagan faith - therefore they are heretics i.e. minim/apikorsim

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#162483 Feb 9, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, Irzath
The first Paul lied through his teeth to Romans and Greeks.
Our in-house Paul lies through his teeth to the readers here but does not know that the silent majority of international readers, knows that he (Paul) is a habitual liar.
He lies to defend his false belief, tries to cover up the lies in his own scripture and the blatant lies of the so-called Sacred Traditions, which are a huge sack of lies and are kept hidden in the basement at the Vatican.
Thanks.
BMZ
waalaikkumsalam

of course he should be ..his name is paul.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162487 Feb 9, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but there are probably a billion people who believe the same way as MUQ does. The implication of this line of belief is a sense of geographic entitlement. The world is screwed.
They also think that the biblical prophets, or at least the ones reported in the Tanakh were muslims as well.

The strange thing is that we know about these prophets only from Tanakh that curiously have erased anything concerning the Islam doctrines. Hence they declare your book was corrupt.
bmz

Location hidden

#162488 Feb 9, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
MY post has clarified the issue.
Good and an appropriate answer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162489 Feb 9, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But since Yeshua has not made any prophecy to be accomplished within the lifetime of his disciples then the question does not arise.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> Why you keep silent about THAT prophesy and only INSIST that Comforter must appear during the life time of Apostles of jesus?
Having two standards?
The point was not to prove the comforter was the Holy Ghost, but rather that Muhammad cannot be the comforter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Safeguarding Islam's ancient past May 12 Tear it down 1
News Men made strange discoveryHere are the top stor... May 7 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Boy finds 5,000-year-old spearhead (Feb '12) May 6 Natgan 3
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... May 2 okimar 25
News Harding to open biblical archaeology museum Apr '17 Plunder 5
News Archaeologists Reconstruct Face of Medieval Man... Mar '17 kornadnez 1
News Blackbeard's anchor recovered off coast (May '11) Feb '17 Pretty Pharts 12
More from around the web