Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
152,261 - 152,280 of 199,514 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)

Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.

No duality as in good v. evil.
Peoples character are not defined by it.
You must strife to do better at hitting the mark.

Though Edomites did get on their nerves.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The koran has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books. It is a work of fiction that fails to measure up to the Holy Bible.
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.

Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books. Your bookd have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.

Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you?

Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

James did not have the justification by faith alone. That needed to be included first.
And the gospel of John was influenced by later writing ( Jude mainly and The shepherd of Hermas a.k.a.?)
2nd century writings thus included.

https://www3.nd.edu/~jneyrey1/Gods.html

Early christians studied to be gods. Must be a gnostic idea that found it's way. A form of trinitarianism.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible clearly says Jesus told the Jews He was God. And as usual you claim differently. Not surprising. But the Holy Bible has authority over your ramblings.
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on; give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed they were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.

Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians have as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books. Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.

Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you?

Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

James and Peter were bumped off by honest paul and their names were used to promote a third tier cut down version of Judaism to the naive gentile pagans - just like how the tanach is being sold as "OT" to justify divinity of BJ.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you drivelling about now?
You waffle so much bullshit deliberately.
This is what BMZ said...and chakllenge it properly...
Jesus should not have been sent to Satan at all. It shows that the Father was not sure about his alleged son. And the Father thought Satan was the best person to judge and certify Jesus fit for preaching.
The mother of all questions is: Why did Jesus obey Satan and went with him to the highest point of the temple?
Obeying Satan was his biggest sin and that is why his mission flopped.
If Satan comes to you and tells you to follow him, will you go with him?

BJ SHOULD HAVE BEEN SACRIFICED PROPERLY ACCORDING TO JUDAIC "PROCEDURES" (AS GENTILES KEEP TALKING ABOUT "PERFECT BLEMISH FREE SACRIFICE"!) IMMEDIATELY AFTER JOHN DUNKED HIM IN THE RIVER INSTEAD OF RUNNING OFF WITH UNCLE SATAN!!!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible clearly says Jesus told the Jews He was God. And as usual you claim differently. Not surprising. But the Holy Bible has authority over your ramblings.
In your so-called holy Bible, there is a book known as John. When ignorant fools read his book after two centuries, they started quarreling. Some fools took "The Father and I are one" to mean as if Jesus was claiming to be God or the Father.

Other clueless fools, who had no knowledge of the real Jewish Holy Scriptures fell foolish for John's opening line "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God" and took Jesus as God. By the way, this translation is a 15th Century forgery.

For centuries, the fools never read the most important lines John 17:3 and John 20:31, quoted as follows:

"And this is everlasting life, that they know thee very God alone [that they know thee alone very God], and whom thou hast sent, Jesus Christ."

"But these be written, that ye believe, that Jesus is Christ, the Son of God, and that ye believing have life in his name."

These lines demolishes the false, stupid and absurd treacherous claim that Jesus was God.

So, now ye must know and understand that God was the Sender and Jesus was the dispatch rider.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

B. F. Westcott, for example, argued that when the Fourth Gospel speaks of "those to whom the word of God came," the evangelist refers to the preexistent Word who regularly gave theophanies to Israel's patriarchs.[38]

Made a thorough study and translation of the oldest versions of the bible.

Word=LAW Torah
midrash-civil law
~500 BC Heraklitus (Hellen-'Greek') evolved the concept that is found also in nephesh- soul. Animals and humans in genesis are both nephesh. Have life-fire. Sumer also sees this as womb+fire=pregnacy lifegiving.

Only later the idea of a creating word was developed.
I think confusion indeed arose with The Law and spirit=life-fire.

We've seen how important the notion of not adding nor subtracting was for a good understanding-truth.

John 10 and the Aramaic use of father, the non-educated folks(wanna-be jews as the greek has )
suddenly put all notions upside down.
Also the concept that are used to denote omni-power.
And the positive description,where we frankly can not say in a positive way WHAT G-D is. That would diminish the magic. Simply put.

We saw that omni-energy/unlimited potency would throw the universe out of wack and threaten our existence. E=MC^2 therefore we are and no unlimited power. ;P
So best stick with panentheism and henotheism and the non-literal spiritual idea.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Die, soon.
rabbee: sorry but according to scripture i have, about another 870 years to live. even if you prefer to never, believe in TheG-D of Only TheTorah Only here in IT again. and chances are, with your attitude against G-D. you won't live long enough, to see me give birth to Shet again at 130 years old. or have you forgotten how this story, always goes in this whole world in rebellion against G-D. because you are all screwing up, Parashas Noach day one is the next to actually happen again.

you can deny TheTruth, all you want. but i am here in TheLiving Scripture again from G-D. and it shall happen the way G-D says, to all of you rejecting GanEden with HIM. this whole world, all of you and your granmothere, is not here again. because of any of you said so. we are all here because IT is G-D WHO said it so.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---Are there evil spirits in your religion?
Frijoles--There are absolutely evil spirits on topix
HughBe--- And you know this personally.
HughBe---In the FOLK religion there are evil spirits and worse. Google dybbuk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.
Folk religion includes that aspects of religious culture heavily influenced by the current ethnic culture around them, as opposed to the universalistic ( i.e. over the full geography and time) aspects of the religious culture.

I trust you can understand that concept. All world religions have local folk aspects and normative universalistic attributes.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock, Knock?
Would that be the Douay Rheims version?
Or the Vaticanus.
Or the Alexandrian?
Do you think the Catholic Church is not aware of these versions of the Holy Bible? The Catholic Church has no problem with them for they understand where they came from and how to understand their relation to Sacred Tradition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles--The midrash (agudah)(stories) have reference to evil spirits as well. But that is not theology. The theologic (i.e. halachic)texts do not have this concept..
HughBe---I have read where the high priest burnt incense in the most holy place to quell EVIL spirits among other things. The word may not have been QUELL but that is the essence of what I read based on memory.
I am not familiar with your example. Could you provide me a reference so I know what you are referring to?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The extended Roman empire after it's demise gave you Jesus in the shape of a state-religion. And then an actual devil.
But i can work with that definition, though that's debatable.
Roman Catholic.
Right. But then you must be aware of THE ENCYCLOPEDIA.
Ever read it?
And of concepts like DOGMA, CATHECHISMUS(look up the latin. There must be a loan in english. Articles of faith.) and TENETS OF BELIEVE.
But that these are not facts in the normal material world.
Get the difference? The Vatican does!
What are you talking about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles---Though the tanakh obviously has ghosts, but with no theological significance

HughBe--- No doubt there is no theological significance because it would shake the foundation of your religion.
Opinion - doesnt add anything to this conversation
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>"G-D" promised you? Yeah, right.
Take your meds.
rabbee: i do not belive in your false take your med idolatry g-ds. i believe, in G-D. and all you have done, is to prove you do not believe in G-D. because you believe in meds, with the subtle beasts of the fields that can save anyone.

there will never be enough medicine on this planet, that can replace G-D. there is no worldly idolaterous way, you can compensate for being without G-D.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.

HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law. It is my hope that I have not taken your words out of context.
Incorrect. Its all interpretation.

The difference is that Halacha, as law is application, while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as fiction, and not meant for application as law. Midrash is a different textual genre, and therefore has different uses, none of them to derive normative, universalistically accepted theology or canon.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>You're powerful, eh? Prove it.
rabbee: then you shall not live, long enough for my time of appointment. for me to prove, anything to you. i do not have to prove anything, to any one but G-D. you are not my G-D, and i do what, and when G-D says and not what, or when any of you with the devil say. your not even being true, to TheScripture here in IT again. i do not do things, just to please anyones vanity.

nor is it my responsibility, to make sure your around when weird stuff happems around me. nor is it my falt, you were not around when WeBoth walked on water either.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Early christianity would be the ODES of SOLOMON.
Just look it up, especially verse 19.
And than we go to the 4th century!
Even the church-history was written then, and does not match up with f.i. the Eastern church. Given the same start, all sources from the earliest on should match. Right?
Well they do not.
So once you are confronted with such things, you apply even more scrutiny.
So what you have is a book that has been reworked countless times, to make it the comfortable thing, you presume it to be now.
But as you state it did not start out like that.
Nice, to have at least that admission accomplished.
---
The koran is a different kettle. MUQ is more fun.
God's Catholic Church never was a fundamentalist church. It was not until the 16th century that martin luther took it upon himself to elevate the bible to a place it never was meant to be by God. martin luther made the bible into a god; much like the muslims make the koran.

The Catholic Church has the correct understanding of the Holy Bible and its place in salvation history. Read the prologues and foot notes in any approved Holy Bible and you will see the Catholic Church is not afraid of the truth in knowing how the Holy Bible came about.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Rabbee.
rabbee: yeah and i wished, i would of thought of it before G-D gave IT to me. well actually THEY Did, but i was too astonished to believe any of it then. for it is not what, this world against G-D teaches.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cistern found at St. Augustine property 16 hr Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
•••
•••