Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162327 Feb 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then those people that lived 1700 years ago and that made up the concept of Trinity were way smarter than you. No Christian understands the Nazarene as son of god in the human sense.
Those, who came up with the concept and Trinity, were ignorant and confused fools, who based their opinions on the stories of the gospels and Paul's letters.

According to Christians, Jesus IS the son of God in human sense. The Holy Ghost was the father.

May I know how long is your keyboard?
bmz

Location hidden

#162328 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible says Jesus is God. The first chapter of St John's Gospel gives a very accurate account of Christology.
Can't trust the Holy Bible. It also says that he was the Son of God. We can see how unreliable your Bible is.

It is not what John or Tom or Matthew or Dick or Luke or Henry says. You should see what the disciples in real life said.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162329 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't trust the Holy Bible. It also says that he was the Son of God. We can see how unreliable your Bible is.
It is not what John or Tom or Matthew or Dick or Luke or Henry says. You should see what the disciples in real life said.
God is one spirit. The terms father and son are only an analogy God used to convey to man the relationship between the persons, another analogy, in the Holy Trinity. Man's finite mind has not the capacity to understand the true nature of God, so God used an analogy to make it somewhat understandable to man. There are not three beings walking around in heaven. Jesus was always present with the Father and not born as human beings are born. Only the flesh of Jesus was formed in the virgin Mary's womb. Jesus' soul was created at conception by God while His divinity was from all eternity.

Now tell us about these goddesses that were in the original koran.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162330 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Those, who came up with the concept and Trinity, were ignorant and confused fools, who based their opinions on the stories of the gospels and Paul's letters.
According to Christians, Jesus IS the son of God in human sense. The Holy Ghost was the father.
May I know how long is your keyboard?
Even if those who lived 1700 years ago made up the concept of trinity, there is no doubts they were much smarter than you, all Muslims, and Allah who displayed ignorance by misunderstanding the Christian concept of Trinity.

"Christians do not believe that Jesus is the son of God in a physical sense. God forbid that he should take a wife! That would be blasphemy. However, they do believe that Jesus is the Son of God in a figurative sense.
Arabs, for example, are commonly known as "sons of the desert". Nobody would ever think that the desert would have given physical birth to them. No, the term "sons of the desert" has to be understood in a figurative sense. Arabs know the desert in and out; they are one with it, that is why they are called "sons of the desert.""
http://isaalmasih.net/isa/sonofgod.html

Am not surpised of your ignorance, but it's laughable that Allah didn't get the meaning right.
bmz

Location hidden

#162331 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God is one spirit. The terms father and son are only an analogy God used to convey to man the relationship between the persons, another analogy, in the Holy Trinity. Man's finite mind has not the capacity to understand the true nature of God, so God used an analogy to make it somewhat understandable to man. There are not three beings walking around in heaven. Jesus was always present with the Father and not born as human beings are born. Only the flesh of Jesus was formed in the virgin Mary's womb. Jesus' soul was created at conception by God while His divinity was from all eternity.
Now tell us about these goddesses that were in the original koran.
Keep lying and spinning. I have already said that your scripture is not reliable.

Which goddesses are you talking about? Qur'aan does not have Mary as a Goddess.

Who was the father of Jesus?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162332 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep lying and spinning. I have already said that your scripture is not reliable.
You said allah can only have children by a goddess, so who are these goddesses? What is he waiting on? He's not getting any younger!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162333 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The original koran had three goddesses in it, until mohammad decided to take them out. Were these goddesses his daughters? If so, who was their mother(s)?

You even said that there are goddesses, when you said allah can only have a child by one.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162334 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that God is not a man to have a son.
Do not assign earthly relations to God. Yes, a man can beget a son from his wife but God cannot beget.
If you want to say that Jesus is the Son of your God, then you must accept that Mary was the Wife of God or the Concubine of God, with whom your God made love and produced Jesus.
It gets worse than this. Then you have Mary as the Goddess. lol!
So, stop this nonsense that Jesus is the Son of God. If you want to carry on saying that, then say the Mary was the Wife of God and we will still laugh at that Holy Family.
rabbee: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.

G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162335 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have not really read and understood what I had written. Read again!
" The point is that God is not a man to have a son.
Do not assign earthly relations to God. Yes, a man can beget a son from his wife but God cannot beget.
If you want to say that Jesus is the Son of your God, then you must accept that Mary was the Wife of God or the Concubine of God, with whom your God made love and produced Jesus.
It gets worse than this. Then you have Mary as the Goddess. lol!
So, stop this nonsense that Jesus is the Son of God. If you want to carry on saying that, then say the Mary was the Wife of God and we will still laugh at that Holy Family."
Now, does this thing called the Father of Jesus, have a dick? Did he use the dick on Jesus' mother?
Also, this thing called the Father, was not the father of Jesus. If the Father had fathered Jesus, then you could have said that Jesus is his son. The Father in Israel, was everybody's Father but everybody's father.
So, please cut out the Horse Shit that Jesus was the son of God!
Allah denies having a son. So, the question of having a Godess is out.
Since your God has a son, your God must have a Goddess. You can call Jesus, the Son of God only, if your God had sex with a Godess.
Was Mary the Godess? No wonder, your Church calls her the Mother of God. Do we smell Incest?
Rabbee: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.

G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162336 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And when have you ever discussed the answers given earlier?
According to John, Jesus was the messiah and that is all you can believe.
How in the hell that man can be God, when your own scripture does not say that?
Can you show me through your OT, if the Messiah was supposed to be God?
All lies and nothing but lies from the Church Fabrication Mills, Paul.
rabbee: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162337 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#162338 Feb 8, 2013
LET US LOOK WHAT QURAN THINKS OF CHRISTIANITY

I will take some verses from Quran to see what Trinity is according that book, and why Trinity is seen as silly concept by Muslims.

Before any comment the readers have to know that Quran is the uncorrupt word of god.

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men,'Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.[Qur'an 5:116]

According to Allah trinity is not God, the Nazarene and holy spirit but rather god, the Nazarene and Mary... I'd like to know who told to Allah Christians worship Mary as godess? What an ignorant god he is.

Let us see now why god can't have a son. This is the answer that many Muslims use to destroy the concept of trinity.

Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth! How could He have a son when He has no consort, and He (Himself) created everything, and He is the Knower of all things. S. 6:1101 Shakir

In substance Allah can't have a son because he has no partner. This anthropomorphic response is hilarious, it also shows that the supposed almighty, has its limit.

But this Allah to have a son does really need to have a partner like humans and animals.

The logic displayed is of the lowest kind. And to be a god he is pretty embarassing. We are in a mess if he really created us.

So, as far as Muslims don't get the concept right it would be useless to discuss with them concpet that are unknown and highly philosophical.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162339 Feb 8, 2013
george whyte wrote:
It's not the real george. I am the real whyte. Don't feed the trolls.
hello south asian.
How can you be real white whyte?
Do you mean real brown whyte?
Your brain is overheating under different names.
lol..
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162340 Feb 8, 2013
george whyte wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Muhammad was a liar and a coward. He did not have any contact with the real god.
Kaaba is pagan and so is the ritual performed by muslims.
Satan has the key to Mecca
Christ called Muhammad a false prophet
Muhammad is suffering in hell for eternity. Allah didn't save him
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
crazy laughter from south asian brown whyte!
Christ called Muhammed a false prophet??lol..
Christ also called Paul and Krishna false prophets too?
Christ came for the Jews and not for south asians!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162341 Feb 8, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect that the Islamotards applauded your post, which is odd considering that Mohammad expressed great admiration for Jesus.
bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford...
Holy Prophet Muhammed expressed no great admiration for BJ the gentile clown that you worship!
Jesus was a Jew who came only for the Jews.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162343 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know allah never spoke to mohammad. mohammad talked to a spirit that a woman told him was gabrial. Don't have much there, hey fellow?
Hello Paul!
Allah never spoke to honest paul. Allah never spoke to Jesus according to your own Gospels!
Please answer the questions without diversion, deviation or hesitation....
Come on please Paul. Try your best.

You do know that "john" was made up by a bunch of naive folks who made many errors tryingt to promote a flesh god word of mangod.

Please PROVE to US where Jesus claims he was God.
You know you can't.
Therefore, you are lying.

TRY AGAIN...
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.
Come on Paul don't let the Church down!
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162344 Feb 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Problem" is Holy CAtholic Church came into existence in the Fourth Century of CE.
before that it was free for all! So how could the Holy Catholic Church undo which was already done.
They tried their best and muddled things more than they were earlier.
You said "prologue" to each book? Want me to read you for a few of those books?
How dumb you people get, one cannot fathom.
Salaams brother...What you say is true.
I am waiting for paul to prove from the Gospels that Jesus recommended the "catholic" church!
Paul believes that his church is the only agent of "his god".
I am inclined to believe that Paul worships Satan without realising it.
Therefore, his claim may be true!
Salaams.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162345 Feb 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Problem" is Holy CAtholic Church came into existence in the Fourth Century of CE.
before that it was free for all! So how could the Holy Catholic Church undo which was already done.
They tried their best and muddled things more than they were earlier.
You said "prologue" to each book? Want me to read you for a few of those books?
How dumb you people get, one cannot fathom.
rabbee: bull - it was the ninth century, at precisely 1054 ad. that the roman and greek orthodox churches were formed.

but prior to the fourth century, the church of Pehter and TheApostles existed mostly in secret. and came out of hiding, after the fall of rome.

the roman and greek catholic churches of today, are nothing like the origional church. and almost all of the corruption of scripture, took place after 1054 ad.
bmz

Location hidden

#162346 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You said allah can only have children by a goddess, so who are these goddesses? What is he waiting on? He's not getting any younger!
More lies. Carry on lying in the name of your Christian God, whatever it is.

I said that about your God, that is the Christian God, who is alleged to have a son through a woman. That God has a son, is the absurd Christian view.

To us, God does not have wife, son, daughter, brother, parents, etc.
bmz

Location hidden

#162347 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The original koran had three goddesses in it, until mohammad decided to take them out. Were these goddesses his daughters? If so, who was their mother(s)?
You even said that there are goddesses, when you said allah can only have a child by one.
Keep on lying the Christian way.

The three mentioned in Qur'aan were the goddesses that pagan Meccans had before Islam.

They were not Allah's daughters. The pagan Meccans called them daughters of God, just as the ignorant Christians foolishly called a man, the son of God.

I never said that Allah can only have a child by one. Just as the crooks, who founded Christianity, lied, you too continue to lie. Why do Christians lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grid Gardens Dec 2 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 18 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov '17 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov '17 NOM s Waffle House 1
More from around the web