Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256016 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161884 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The unbaptized heathens, the Greek philosophers gave you the Christian God, Paul. Be nice to them.
We are nice to the heathen and pray that they will come to Jesus the Christ and be baptized, by authority of Jesus' Name, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#161885 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Peter was only talking about by whose authority one is baptized and not giving the fomula for baptism. He could say: "By the authority of Jesus Name, I baptize you:-In the Name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.'"
No, he could not even think of that. The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.

Read this and tell me how can you dare spin anymore?

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "

He did it again! The point is Matthew 28:19 IS A FORGERY.

bmz

Location hidden

#161886 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, what's in the Holy Bible approved by the Catholic Church came from God. Any additions or editing was done by the Holy Spirit.
NO! There is nothing from God in the New Testament but everything from men.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161887 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he could not even think of that. The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.
"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "
There are no forgeries in the Holy Bible approved of by the Catholic Church. In the Name of Jesus the Catholic Church declares it free from all error.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161888 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! There is nothing from God in the New Testament but everything from men.
You are confusing the Holy Bible with the koran.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#161889 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Knucklehead,
As usual, you are off-topic again. It has nothing to do with my post. I wrote this:
" Yes, that is true. It was a 4th Century forgery. This forgery was definitely introduced into Matthew, many years after the Council of Nicaea.
Matthew 28:18 falls under faith through forgery. IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE EARLIEST MANUSCRIPTS IN GREEK!!!
After the so-called Great Commission, where all the eleven were present, Peter, loaded up to his throat with the 'Holy Spirit' went and baptized people ONLY under Jesus' name.
Let us read Acts 2:
36 “So be sure of this, all you people of Israel. You nailed Jesus to the cross. But God has made him both Lord and Christ.”
37 When the people heard this, their hearts were filled with shame. They said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied,“All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children. It is also for all who are far away. It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose.”
40 Peter said many other things to warn them. He begged them,“Save yourselves from these evil people.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day."
Now, would you be kind enough to deplore the fraud and forgery in Matthews 28 after reading my post?
This is a very serious discrepancy. It shows clearly that the alleged Holy Spirit guided no one because it was the crooked Church which introduce 'in the name of the three'.
If Jesus had said that then why did Peter baptize only in Jesus' name?
This shows how the Satanic Spirit was lying to the Church fathers. You cannot put any spin on this.
Mental Blockhead,

http://carm.org/what-baptism-holy-spirit

The term "baptize with the Holy Spirit" occurs several times in scripture:

• Matt. 3:11, "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
• Mark 1:8, "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
• Luke 3:16, "John answered and said to them all,'As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
• John 1:33, "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit."
• Acts 1:5, "for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
• Acts 11:16, "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say,'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
• Acts 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them,“Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”
They answered,“No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3 So Paul asked,“Then what baptism did you receive?”
“John’s baptism,” they replied.
4 Paul said,“John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#161890 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
Mental Blockhead,

Putting words into Jesus' mouth that he might not have ever actually uttered isn't limited to Christian "forgers."

Qur'anic baby Jesus delivered a sermon from his cradle, and this HAS TO BE TRUE, or else Muhammad is a false prophet, period.

No one can deny this fact.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#161891 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My reference Judahite-- Judges 2:11 "And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:"
Study it.
Is the opinion of God of no value to YOU?
Why do YOU esteem the teachings of your rabbis ABOVE the words of God?
You know squat about my beliefs

and I suspect you know squat about your beliefs
John

Brisbane, Australia

#161892 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say that they are pretty much, you bloody fool!
Listen, you are the dishonest person here, dickhead!
Read again:
I am talking about the following bullshits:
The bullshit in "Acts 2:
36 “So be sure of this, all you people of Israel. You nailed Jesus to the cross. But God has made him both Lord and Christ.”
37 When the people heard this, their hearts were filled with shame. They said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied,“All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children. It is also for all who are far away. It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose.”
40 Peter said many other things to warn them. He begged them,“Save yourselves from these evil people.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day."
This bullshit from Matthews 28:
The Great Commission
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.(Q) 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Which bullshit is correct in your view?
Dickhead, they are not fucking same!
Yes muztard except for neurotic quibblers and muztards they are much the same.

Acts 2
"All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ." - the son.
"You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" - the Holy Spirit.
"It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose." - the father.

Matthew 28
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Alright imbecile? Just a different person with a different way of saying the same thing.
You muztards can't be as stupid as you pretend.
The Aggrolite Busters

Tempe, AZ

#161893 Feb 5, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2
"All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ." - the son.
Matthew 28
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Alright imbecile? Just a different person with a different way of saying the same thing.
Hey Jake, what are you doing here? Or are you sid sIndian?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161894 Feb 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Comparison between Quran Chapter 112 and First Two of the ten commandments mentioned in the Book of Exodus and Deuteronomy:
Some people have hinted that Our Prophet had before him, these 10 commandments and he used them as “Guideline” to formulate Chapter 112 of Quran.
The answer to this charge is:
a. Where is the proof that our prophet used these Biblical Verses for Chapter 112?
b. Our prophet did not know how to read and write, from whom he heard and remembered these verses?
c. And if he could edit them and rewrite them in so concise and beautiful way, why can’t no one else is able to do it before or after him?
d. If we can assume such type of “Loose charges” then no proof of any kind is needed to prove anything. Any one can come up with any charge and say it is self proven.
A. Are there really any comparison between Quran Surah 112 and these Ten Commandments?
01. Eventhough the topic of both is same; there is no comparison between Quranic Surah and Ten commandments.
02. In Quranic Surah 112, in each verse there is a Unique Quality of Allah, which can be used to distinguish between True God and false gods.
Remember AHAD, SAMAD, LAM YALID and KUFU. There is no such test given in the Ten Commandments.
03. Ten Commandments only give the instructions, but Quran makes a claim and gives a test to check and verify.
B. What these commandments say:
“I am YHWH, your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, the house of slavery. Do not have other gods before me. Do not have idols, do not make any figure of things in the heavens, or here below the earth, or in the water under the earth.
“Do not kneel before them or worship them, because I YHWH am your God a jealous God who punishes children under the third and fourth generation for the wickedness of their parents who hate me” But I am merciful the Thousandth generation to those who love me and obey my commandments (Deut 5: 6-10)
And
“Listen Isreal, YHWH our God is One YHWH and you shall love YHWH your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength”(Deut. 6:4-5)
04. Count the number of words in these Biblical verses and then see how Quran Surah 112 condenses all these plus many more in just 17 words!!
05. Quran Surah starts with the word “Say” which is much powerful than the submissive “Listen” as we see in Bible.
06. Then the word “Israel” makes it appear as if the message is only for Jews. YHWH then becomes a “family god” of Jews, having special relationship with them.
While Quranic narration is free from any racial or national bias. Allah is for every one.
07. Then in Bible YHWH is mentioned as Jealous God that punishes children upto third and fourth generations for the sins and inequities of their father, which is against the principles of Natural Justice.
Quran is free from all these mistakes.
08. So in reality, there is no comparison between Quranic Surah 112 and the first two of famous 10 Commandments of Bible.
It is like comparing Chalk and Cheese. Human writemanship and work of Creator of Universe are clearly visible, between these passages from two religious scriptures.
Allah Knows Best
mohammad said a spirit talked to him not allah.

bmz

Location hidden

#161895 Feb 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mental Blockhead,
Putting words into Jesus' mouth that he might not have ever actually uttered isn't limited to Christian "forgers."
Qur'anic baby Jesus delivered a sermon from his cradle, and this HAS TO BE TRUE, or else Muhammad is a false prophet, period.
No one can deny this fact.
Dr. Knuclehead

Off topic again!

We are discussing the GRAND FORGERY IN MATTHEW 28. And we are comparing it with Acts.

Here is a fact, which neither you nor your Church can deny!!!

Read on Doc! This is what I wrote.

"The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.

He did it again! The point is Matthew 28:19 IS A FORGERY."

What has it got to do with Mary's baby in Qur'aan?

How do you guys defend the Grand Contradiction between the statements made in Acts and Matthews?

Spin the wheel.

bmz

Location hidden

#161897 Feb 5, 2013
The Aggrolite Busters wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jake, what are you doing here? Or are you sid sIndian?
Hello, T A Busters

Greetings and welcome

Did you unchain John and let him loose in here, mate?

He is unable to differentiate between the forgery in Matthews 28 and the one in Acts 2.

Hope you have brought the leash with you.

BMZ

bmz

Location hidden

#161898 Feb 5, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 2
Matthew 28
Hello, ChrisTurd

We are discussing in whose name were people baptized. We are not discussing the by-products, clueless twisting fool!

bmz

Location hidden

#161899 Feb 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
3 So Paul asked,“Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

4 Paul said,“John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance.
Thanks for confirming Jesus' baptism of repentance.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161900 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Knuclehead
Off topic again!
We are discussing the GRAND FORGERY IN MATTHEW 28. And we are comparing it with Acts.
Here is a fact, which neither you nor your Church can deny!!!
Read on Doc! This is what I wrote.
"The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.
He did it again! The point is Matthew 28:19 IS A FORGERY."
What has it got to do with Mary's baby in Qur'aan?
How do you guys defend the Grand Contradiction between the statements made in Acts and Matthews?
Spin the wheel.
rabbee: two counterfieters, being critical of each others works. is still the definition, of hyprocricy. all translations are counterfeit, some are just worse than others.

bmz

Location hidden

#161901 Feb 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
• Acts 11:16, "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say,'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
Please do not quote Acts 11 as that is also a fraud and forgery.

This was a cooked up story to declare all forbidden food lawful through a starving Peter's vision.

Thanks, Dr. Knucklehead.

Now to this from Acts 11 tale::

"16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said:‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’"

Remember this is the same Peter, who went back home, wondering what had happened, after visiting the unoccupied tomb?

Where can we find his Lord saying that?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161902 Feb 5, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You know squat about my beliefs
and I suspect you know squat about your beliefs
HughBe---My reference Judahite-- Judges 2:11 "And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:"
Study it.

Frijoles---You know squat about my beliefs
and I suspect you know squat about your belief

HughBe--- Judahite, why do you LIE so easily? This nasty habit of yours reveals aspects of your beliefs. Let me break it down for you.

1.Your LYING lips tell me that in your religion it is acceptable to LIE.

2. Your LYING lips tell me that in your religion it is acceptable to LIE on Christians.

3. Based on the fact that I have never witnessed you correcting your fellow Judahite for BLATANT lies it tells me that it is a code in Judaism to gang together and LIE on the whole world.

4. I know much more about your CORRUPTED cult.

Are there evil spirits in your religion?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#161903 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---My reference Judahite-- Judges 2:11 "And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:"
Study it.
Frijoles---You know squat about my beliefs
and I suspect you know squat about your belief
HughBe--- Judahite, why do you LIE so easily? This nasty habit of yours reveals aspects of your beliefs. Let me break it down for you.
1.Your LYING lips tell me that in your religion it is acceptable to LIE.
2. Your LYING lips tell me that in your religion it is acceptable to LIE on Christians.
3. Based on the fact that I have never witnessed you correcting your fellow Judahite for BLATANT lies it tells me that it is a code in Judaism to gang together and LIE on the whole world.
4. I know much more about your CORRUPTED cult.
Are there evil spirits in your religion?
What I find interesting is that you actually spent time composing all of that.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#161904 Feb 5, 2013
Repeated because of POPULAR demand.

Listen well and in particular from 9 minutes, it deals with Isaiah 53 from a Tanach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A trip to Israel gives Hanukkah new meaning for... 14 hr drain the swamp 1
News Lubbock's bounty of free museums lure visitors ... Dec 6 Tom 1
Ark of the Covenant @ Stonehenge Dec 3 Garry Denke 1
International Conference on Cultural Sustainabl... Nov 27 moabdallah 1
News Australian Aboriginal prehistory, new research Nov '16 Sambo 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Oct '16 Folauimanuka 1,979
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? Oct '16 Marie-Luise_J 2
More from around the web