Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 205,570

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161656 Feb 3, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he didn't know the difference.
Anyway, I am more curious to know why you post that question to him?
rabbee: because he knows the answer, but his prejudice won't allow him to admit it. for if he answered it truly, then he would be admiting to the err. very few people are willing to admit, they have been conned. need to verify just exactly where, everyone stands and on which side of the line, they actually stand. most standing on the bad side, only consider themselves as good.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161657 Feb 3, 2013
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

I never suspected that I could torque you so easily, but tell me, if it's not too much of a strain to answer an honest question forthrightly, do you wipe your ass an odd number of times as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161659 Feb 3, 2013
Muslim bathroom etiquette
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2532

Excerpt:

He should not touch his penis with his right hand when urinating, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you urinates, he should not hold his penis in his right hand or clean it with his right hand; and (when drinking), he should not breathe into the vessel.”(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 150).

He should not remove najaasah (impurity) with his right hand; the left hand should be used for this purpose, because of the hadeeth quoted above, and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you wipes himself, he should not use his right hand.”(Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5199). The Prophet’s wife Hafsah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to use his right hand for eating, drinking, making wudoo’, getting dressed, and giving and taking things, and he used to use his left hand for other things.(Reported by Imaam Ahmad; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4912). Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When any one of you cleans himself, he should not use his right hand, he should use his left hand.”(Reported by Ibn Maajah, 308; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 322).

Hurricane, WV

#161660 Feb 3, 2013
Again,

Any impurity should be washed or wiped three times or an odd number of times greater than three, according to whatever is needed to cleanse it, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to wash his posterior three times. Ibn ‘Umar said:“We did this too and found it to be healing and cleansing.”(Reported by Ibn Maajah, 350; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4993). Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“When anyone of you cleans himself (with stones or similar material) let him use an odd number.”(Reported by Imaam Ahmad; classed as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 375).

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161661 Feb 3, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fine thank you. I got my thumb slammed in a car door last Tuesday and when it happened I saw God sitting on His throne.
Thanks for the link, Alex.
Sorry to hear that, HughBe. That is extremely painful. Hope you are feeling better.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161662 Feb 3, 2013
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

In case you're wondering, I judged your posts as "Funny."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161664 Feb 3, 2013
bmz wrote:
Sorry to hear that, HughBe. That is extremely painful. Hope you are feeling better.
Mental Blockhead,

Do you wipe your ass an odd number of times as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161665 Feb 3, 2013
CORRECTION:

Do you wipe your ass an odd number of times AFTER DEFECATING as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161668 Feb 3, 2013
TURD,

Egyptian Cleric Nixes Naked Sex

Agree or disagree?
Lone Worker

Bellevue, WA

#161669 Feb 3, 2013
Clearly the LORD foretold the events that were to happen concerning the death of Jesus and ISAIAH chapter 53 was one scripture speaking of him. Jesus is the lamb of God.
truth

Perth, Australia

#161670 Feb 3, 2013
Aron sacrifice goat..are you for sure i am wrong?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#161672 Feb 3, 2013
SC wrote:

Let us look at 112 nd chapter of Quran that excites MUQ so much:

Say, "He is Allah ,[who is] One,
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

Can you explain little MUQ how the piece blows idol worship, trinity, false god worship, son of god and father of god?

Ans.

That you are stupid is beyond any doubt, and the more you show your stupidness, the worse it gets for your cause. I gave you many hints, but it seems that you do not have capabilities to take hints.

Now I will give you some insights into this Most Beautiful little Chapter of Quran and show you, how it has become “Touchstone of Theology” for all times. The moment one gets any doubts any thing to worship, let him or her put it thru the Test of this Chapter of Quran.

It has help preserve the faith of millions of Muslims thru out ages and so long as this is recited, no Muslim shall ever be mislead as for as worship of false gods or strange deities are concerned.

A. Prologue:

Arabic is not my mother tongue and I am no authority on Arabic language. What I write is based on some knowledge which I get by reading commentaries on this verse. An Arab or Arabic Scholar can get much deeper meanings of this Quranic Chapter. What I write shall suffice “beginners and laymen” that flock these threads.

B. Introduction:

1. This is a very early Surah (called chapter in English) of Makkan period. It is said that people of Makkah asked prophet “Tell us about who is the Lord (Rabb in Arabic) whom you worship? Upon this, this Surah was revealed.

2. It is named as Surah IKHLAS (IKHLAS means Pure), even though this word is not used in this Surah. It is because it purifies the concept of Allah in so clear terms. There are also other names for this Surah

3. In some sayings Prophet (PBUH) said that this chapter is like One Third of Quran. Because it so clearly lays down the principles of Monotheism and guards against worship of false gods and object.

C. Contents:

4. It consists of 4 short verses and only 17 Arabic Words. The words are very simple and monosyllabic. It is amazing how such a load of information is packed into these short verses. It is not a human effort, by no means.

5. And out of these 17 words, four are used like “and” and “Say” which do not have actual connection with the subject matter. So in reality there are only 13 Arabic words in this Surah.

D. Paucity of English Language:

6. When one really tries to translate this Surah into English language, one realizes the paucity of English language and sees how unsuitable is English language for these tasks.

7. The Arabic words used have so deep rooted meanings and so many shades that no single English word can convey all these meanings. That is why more than one English words are needed to convey “some of those meanings”. But the task is never finished and we need detailed notes to further clarify the subject matter.

8. I am by no means criticizing English language, every language has its own beauty. Somehow English is not a very good language for these matters. Allah Knows best.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#161673 Feb 3, 2013
E. The First Verse (4 Words):“QUL HUA ALLAH-O- AHAD”

“Say (O prophet or Muslims) He is Allah, the One and Only”

8. There is no way in which One and Only can convey the full meaning of Arabic word AHAD used in this verse.

9. Quran did not use WAHID which also means one (as in numbering system, one two three), but AHAD, which was the First time this word was used to describe any Personality!!

10. This shows that Allah is absolutely Unique in His Personality and there are no way in which it can be analysed or divided. It is ABSOLUTE ONE.

11. So no Holy Ghost or Son can enter and exit from it on its will. No Trinity or Duality or any kind of “Mixture” as for as Allah’ Personality is concerned. AHAD has become a Key Word of Islam!!

F. Verse 2 (Only Two Words):“ALLAH –O- AL SAMAD”

“Allah the absolute the Eternal”

12. There is no English word which can carry the meaning of Arabic word SAMAD. In Arabic it is used for some one who decides all disputes and no one can challenge His ruling. While He never goes to any one for anything.

13. By Adding the Pre-fix, Al, it became a Unique Personality, Al SAMAD , not to be confused with any human SAMAD.

14. So when checking for any object of Worship, we must check if it has the Quality of SAMAD!! All these false gods and idols and sun, moon and stars, nothing can pass this test!!

15. SAMAD has become another Key Word for Muslims for All ages!!

G. Third Verse (4 words):“LAM YALID WA LAM YULAD”

“He begets not, not was He Begotten”

15. At least here the English is right upto the mark!! It conveys the proper meaning.

16. Allah has never Begotten a Son or Daughter and He does not has a Genealogy.

17. So the Begotten Son of God of NT or Sons of God of OT vanish into thin air.

18. Any confusion which these ambiguous words might have caused to people is removed in this terse Quranic verse of only four words.

19. No one gets so close to God, so that he “establishes” a :”relationship” with God. The difference of Creator and Creation shall never be breached. Never!!

H. Fourth Verse (5 Words):“WA LAM YAKUN LAHU KUFUWAN AHAD”

“And there is none unto like Him”

20. Here again we have problem of Translation. There is not a Single English word that can convey the meaning of Arabic word KUFU.

21. KUFU means, some one in the same standing. Like when we have marriage alliances it is seen if bride and bridegroom have the same status or not. There living standards, their family status, their mental status etc. When these things are “more or less” equal, then it is deemed as a “proper or equal” marriage.

22. In case of Allah, it is said that there is no one who is His KUFU. There never was, there never is and there shall never be (That is from the Arabic word LAM YAKUN).

(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#161674 Feb 3, 2013
H. Conclusion:

23. So here is a somewhat detailed translation and commentary of this Short and Unique Quranic Chapter. By any Standards it is “Layman’ standard”. What deep rooted meanings would be obvious to learned Islamic Scholars, I cannot say.

24. Chapter 112 is unique for the personality of Allah as Verse of Throne Ch2, V 255 is for the Attributes of Allah. These two constitute the Pillars of Absolute Unity of Allah and remove all misconceptions.

25. Can humans match this Quranic effort? Let them try, so far in 1400 years no one has dared equal anything even remotely like Chapter 112.

26. And this “Dumb Person” says that he could not get any meaning from this ruff, raff rendering of Quranic verses.

J. Let us put some one to test:

27. Who else, let us put Jesus to the test and see what marks he scores:

a. First Verse: The test of AHAD? What is Jesus’ score? FAIL.

b. Second Verse: The Test of AL SAMAD: What is Jesus’ score? FAIL

c. Third Verse: The Test of Unborn: What is Jesus’ score? Fail

4. Fourth Verse: The Test of KUFU: What is Jesus’ score? FAIL.

So Jesus fails in all four tests of this Touchstone of Monotheism. And he cannot be accepted as God or an object of worship.

Can any Muslim who knows Surah Ikhlas by heart, would be mislead by such “ambiguous statements”

d. Who has seen me, seen the Father?

e. I and father are one?

f. God so loved the world that He sent His Only Begotten Son….

g. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God?

Never, ever, ever, ever!!

Allah Knows the Best.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161675 Feb 3, 2013
Dr. Barnabas,

Do you wipe your ass an odd number of times after defecating as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161678 Feb 3, 2013
Buford wrote:
CORRECTION:
Do you wipe your ass an odd number of times AFTER DEFECATING as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?
Dear Dr. Junk & Stuff

Let me have your answer on the following::

Which means Jesus also washed his ass-hole with water after he shat. Do you follow what he did or you don't?

Which hand did he use?

Additional question: Or do you think that Jesus used leaves to wipe his arse?

I thank you in anticipation.

Shit regards
BMZ
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161679 Feb 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
H. Conclusion:
23. So here is a somewhat detailed translation and commentary of this Short and Unique Quranic Chapter. By any Standards it is “Layman’ standard”. What deep rooted meanings would be obvious to learned Islamic Scholars, I cannot say.
24. Chapter 112 is unique for the personality of Allah as Verse of Throne Ch2, V 255 is for the Attributes of Allah. These two constitute the Pillars of Absolute Unity of Allah and remove all misconceptions.
25. Can humans match this Quranic effort? Let them try, so far in 1400 years no one has dared equal anything even remotely like Chapter 112.
26. And this “Dumb Person” says that he could not get any meaning from this ruff, raff rendering of Quranic verses.
J. Let us put some one to test:
27. Who else, let us put Jesus to the test and see what marks he scores:
a. First Verse: The test of AHAD? What is Jesus’ score? FAIL.
b. Second Verse: The Test of AL SAMAD: What is Jesus’ score? FAIL
c. Third Verse: The Test of Unborn: What is Jesus’ score? Fail
4. Fourth Verse: The Test of KUFU: What is Jesus’ score? FAIL.
So Jesus fails in all four tests of this Touchstone of Monotheism. And he cannot be accepted as God or an object of worship.
Can any Muslim who knows Surah Ikhlas by heart, would be mislead by such “ambiguous statements”
d. Who has seen me, seen the Father?
e. I and father are one?
f. God so loved the world that He sent His Only Begotten Son….
g. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God?
Never, ever, ever, ever!!
Allah Knows the Best.
rabbee: well you left out: "(and G-D said, "let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS, they shall rule over the fish in the sea, the birds of the sky, and over the animal, the whole earth, and every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. so G-D created Adam in HIS IMAGE, in The Image of G-D HE created HIM; male and female HE created them.

G-D blessed them, and G-D said to them, "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it: and rule over the fish in the sea, the bird of the sky, and every living thing that moves on the earth. ")"

sure sounds like G-D, is making sombody your G-d for the final day again to me. now i wonder who, They Both could be? but make no mistake here, somebody is going to be your acting G-d. with TheAbsence of G-D, for the final day here in ThisStory of ThePhysical Creation again. it has always been This Way, and TheG-D WHO is giving This Story never lies. lie all you want to, but TheTruth is always there in TheTorah.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#161680 Feb 4, 2013
Buford wrote:
Dr. Barnabas,
Do you wipe your ass an odd number of times after defecating as you should, per Allah's will, or are you an apostate who settles on an even number of times, like, say, four?
One Quality of Devil is to confuse the people and try to create diversions from the subject under discussion.

They try to create crookedness and find crookedness where there is none.

And since when the number of times you wash or clean has become a test of faith?

Persons like you are devil' agents in human shape, trying your level best to shift the focus of the topic.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#161681 Feb 4, 2013
Paul wrote:
01. You don't understand how God's Catholic Church and how the Holy Spirit works within her.

02. There is one Holy Spirit but many gifts. Some members have the gift of authority and teaching while other have gifts of healing, evangelizing, etc. St Peter was the pope and he never handed the Keys of authority to St Paul.

03. St Paul had the gift of teaching and evangelizing, but only exercised those gifts under the authority of the pope and bishops. At the First Council of Jerusalem, Acts 15, the leaders of the Catholic Church gave their blessing on St Paul's mission to the gentiles.

04. The leaders of the Catholic Church knew that St Paul was commissioned by Jesus and that he had a prophetic mission to the gentiles.
Ans.

01. I confess that I do not know, how the Catholic Church works and I would like any one to teach me how it really works. We have had so many "Bad popes" over the centuries that one wonders how come "Bad Popes" became "Heads of God's Own Catholic Church"? It is not a fool proof system, is it?

02. Yes it is understandable that every one does not have all the qualities and capabilities. But St. Peter being the Pope is only in imagination. There never was anything like St. Peter the Pope. And there were no keys to the Church to which St. Peter was the Pope.

03. The Jerusalem council was held to find a "way out" between jewish disciples of Jesus (lead by St. Peter, St. Barnabas, St. James and other "elders" of the Church ) and the Non Jewish followers (lead by HE the Paul, spokesperson in chief for Jesus, self claimed, mind you).

And the council agreed on a compromise formula, for time being and not for eternity. It gave some concession to Non Jewish followers of Jesus for time being.

St. Paul assumed this as a "Blank Cheque" endorsing his view point and from thenonwards, there was no mention of St. peter, St. Barnabas, St. James or any other Jewish Dsiciple of Jesus in the book of acts.

04. So do you mean that Jesus had brought two teachings? One for Jews and another for Non Jews?

And what happened to the Jewish followers of Jesus? To Which Church they should go now?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161682 Feb 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I confess that I do not know, how the Catholic Church works and I would like any one to teach me how it really works. We have had so many "Bad popes" over the centuries that one wonders how come "Bad Popes" became "Heads of God's Own Catholic Church"? It is not a fool proof system, is it?
02. Yes it is understandable that every one does not have all the qualities and capabilities. But St. Peter being the Pope is only in imagination. There never was anything like St. Peter the Pope. And there were no keys to the Church to which St. Peter was the Pope.
03. The Jerusalem council was held to find a "way out" between jewish disciples of Jesus (lead by St. Peter, St. Barnabas, St. James and other "elders" of the Church ) and the Non Jewish followers (lead by HE the Paul, spokesperson in chief for Jesus, self claimed, mind you).
And the council agreed on a compromise formula, for time being and not for eternity. It gave some concession to Non Jewish followers of Jesus for time being.
St. Paul assumed this as a "Blank Cheque" endorsing his view point and from thenonwards, there was no mention of St. peter, St. Barnabas, St. James or any other Jewish Dsiciple of Jesus in the book of acts.
04. So do you mean that Jesus had brought two teachings? One for Jews and another for Non Jews?
And what happened to the Jewish followers of Jesus? To Which Church they should go now?
01 The popes are infallible and impeccable. The Holy Spirit guide the Catholic Church through the pope as its visible head, preserving her from error.

02 The St Peter was the first pope of the Catholic Church and it is history. Jesus gave St Peter the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven and whatsoever he bond and loosed on earth was bond and loosed in Heaven. St Peter pasted these Keys to his successor and so on to the present day pope.

03 God’s Catholic Church whom St Paul was endorsed by accept what St Paul preached/taught to this day. The Jerusalem council demonstrated how disagreements within Jesus’ Catholic Church was to be resolved; through council and not by some individual claiming God gave him a message for all. Jesus and the BV Mary do give messages to believer’s to this day and the Catholic Church may approve them as personal revelations that the believers may believe but they are not bond under penalty of sin to believe in them.

04 We are only under the Law of Love. One may follow Jewish dietary laws as an act of mortification. Animal sacrifices have been done away with by Jesus death and resurrection.

The Jewish followers of Jesus can be baptized and come to the Catholic Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is a codeword for White genocide Nov 20 7970kgl 1
Researchers Disagree About Age, Purpose of Ston... (Oct '08) Nov 19 Garry Denke 11
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Nov 17 sham 183
Heracles to Alexander: Ashmolean Museum unveils... (Apr '11) Nov 16 Macedonian 25
Mexican Government Claims US Auction House Sold... Nov 13 Concerned 1
Remains of Ice Age infants uncovered in Alaska Nov 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Sri Lanka: Colombo attempts to seize lands of S... Nov 8 Tamules R killers 2

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE