Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,372

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161453 Feb 2, 2013
Messianic claims of Jesus Is Jesus the promised Messiah, the holy one of Israel, the anointed one of God? The surest proof that we
can offer you is in the prophecies of the Jewish Bible concerning the Messiah. The following texts have
been recognized as messianic by rabbis and scholars.
Genesis 49:10 "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor the
rulers staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh come; And unto him shall the obedience of the
peoples be."
The Messiah was to come from the tribe of Judah. Jesus did!(Hebrews 7:14)
Isaiah 9:6-7 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his
shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the
increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon
his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from hence forth even
for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
The Lord sent a word into Jacob,
and it hath lighted upon Israel." The Messiah was to be a descendant of David. Jesus was!(Luke 1:32, 33)
Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign;
Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
The Messiah was to be born of a virgin.* Jesus was!(Matthew 1:18-25)*Note: The Hebrew word for "young woman" is alma. In each of its seven uses in the Tenakh, it
means "virgin".
Micah 5:1 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be
little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been
from of old, from everlasting." The Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem. Jesus was!(Matthew 2:1-6)
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161454 Feb 2, 2013
Daniel 9:25-26 "Know therefore and discern, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and
to build Jerusalem unto the anointed one, the prince, shall be seven weeks, and threescore and
two weeks: it shall be built again, with street and moat, even in troublous times. And after the threescore and two weeks shall the anointed one be cut off, and shall have nothing: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy
the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and even unto the end shall
be war; desolations are determined."
The Messiah was "cut off" (die a violent death) in approximately 32 CE. Jesus did!(Luke 23:33)*Note: This date has been computed by taking the time of Artaxerxes decree in 444 BC which gave
Jews permission to rebuild Jerusalem (Nehemiah
2:7-8) and adding the 476 years noted in Daniel.
Psalm 2:7 "I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art MY SON this day have I
begotten thee."
The Messiah is to be the Son of God. Jesus is!(John 3:16-18)
Isaiah 53:8 "He was taken away from rule and from judgment; and his life who shall recount? For he
was CUT OFF from THE LAND OF THE LIVING; through the TRANSGRESSIONS OF MY PEOPLE was he stricken." The Messiah would die for our sins. Jesus did!(2 Corinthians 5:21)(If you want a real eye-opener, read the whole of Isaiah 53!)
Psalm 22:14-18 "I am poured out like water, And all my bones
are out of joint: My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. My strength is dried up like a
potsherd; And my tongue cleaves to my throat; And thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
For dogs have compassed me: A company of evil- doers have enclosed me; like a lion** they are at my hands and feet. I may count all my bones; They look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, And upon my vesture do they cast lots." The Messiah would die by crucifixion* Jesus did!(Luke 23:33)*Note: This form of execution was not known to David writing 800 years earlier.**Other translations say: "They pierced my hands and my feet." In any case, the hands and feet of the
person spoken of have been violently attacked.
Psalm 16:10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul to the nether-
world; Neither wilt thou suffer thy holy one to see corruption." The Messiah would be resurrected, and not see corruption/decay. Jesus was!(2 Corinthians 15:4)
We believe Jesus is the Messiah, that he came to die for our sins, and three days after his death, he rose
from the grave. We believe the Bible paints two pictures of the Messiah: the suffering servant and
the reigning king. The suffering servant has come and we await his coming again as the King of Kings, and save Israel from the Arab onslaught. Jesus the Jewish Messiah asked: "Who do you say I am?" (Matthew 16:15)
uhuh

Spain

#161455 Feb 2, 2013
Gabriel was in his true form during the first revelation only (5 short verses)

for the rest of Quran revelation,

Gabriel took on the form of a man dressed in white, and Muhammad's companions witnessed the "stranger" talking to him (Sahih Bukhari & Muslim)
Daniel, Zechariah and Mary also saw Gabriel in human form, not in his true angelic form

or Gabriel just placed the revelation directly into Muhammad's heart without being seen, "Ruh al-qudus (the holy spirit) breathed into my heart and informed me..." (Ibn Hibban)
whenever this happened, Umar narrated that people around Muhammad could hear a faint sound like the buzzing of a bee (Tirmizi)
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161456 Feb 2, 2013
Rabbee- This is in your Tanakh, who is the Son of Man spoken of here who is given the kingdom of God to rule?

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN
(Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of
days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations,
and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel
7:13-14).
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161457 Feb 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
What an extraordinary coincident!
To all the people answered to bmz's posts, and he was around, their posts were judged negatively.
After he went off, and others answered to his childish posts, no more judging of any kind.
The voter is not just a Muslim but even a sympathizer of bmz...
Oh, of course any reference to persons is purely casual..
rabbee: well i guess you can say, they are not your fiends. and as to why, they reject your logic. i believe is self explainitory, as to religious differences. just can't accept logic, as a religious belief. because they have a diffi-cult time, finding flaws with it.
when all they have is their prejudice, to react and not respond to it. as i do not expect any muslem idolator, to accept any truth from a non-muslem. but i would not worry, about the bad judgements.i am pretty sure we all know, where they are coming from with their errant coming from.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161458 Feb 2, 2013
uhuh wrote:
Gabriel was in his true form during the first revelation only (5 short verses)
for the rest of Quran revelation,
Gabriel took on the form of a man dressed in white, and Muhammad's companions witnessed the "stranger" talking to him (Sahih Bukhari & Muslim)
Daniel, Zechariah and Mary also saw Gabriel in human form, not in his true angelic form
or Gabriel just placed the revelation directly into Muhammad's heart without being seen, "Ruh al-qudus (the holy spirit) breathed into my heart and informed me..." (Ibn Hibban)
whenever this happened, Umar narrated that people around Muhammad could hear a faint sound like the buzzing of a bee (Tirmizi)
rabbee: baalzeeboob, is not a bee!

and the rest is kind of suspect, since i have never seen Gabreeeal, Meechael, Rafaeeal, or TheBlue Lady with The Diadem Crown in the flesh. and i have never encountered them in any cave either. they always seem to, catch me outside in the open.

but i have seen hasatan, baal hamolech, and halooseefer enter into corrupted flesh. and they also do, enter into caves.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#161459 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rabbee you have not responded to these references to THE SON in the Tenakh.
In these verse Jesus the Son is revealed.
" Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended? Who hath gathered the wind in His fists? Who hath bound
the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the
Earth? What is His name, and what Is HIS SON'S NAME if thou canst tell?"
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. KISS THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
The Prophet Daniel sees The Son -Jesus and called him the very name which Jesus used Son of Man, and declared that he would rule the earth:
"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN (Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass
away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel
This is the Same Son who will rule Gods government forever to who all nations will submit:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us A SON is given: and the government
shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it
with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
There is no denying the Daniel's prophecy, God gives his Kingdom to the Son of Man.
rabbee: and if i am your messiah as you only claim? should you at least know my real name, and not the fake one? for those who truly know me, know that jesus is not my real name. even if they do not know, what it is for sure.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161460 Feb 2, 2013
HEY RABBEE- This is in your Tanakh, who is the Son of Man spoken of here
who is given the kingdom of God to rule? "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN
(Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of
days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations,
and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel
Still waiting for Rabbee to answer, if you don't answer, we'll just have to agree the SON OF MAN IS YESHUA-JESUS

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#161461 Feb 2, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i guess you can say, they are not your fiends. and as to why, they reject your logic. i believe is self explainitory, as to religious differences. just can't accept logic, as a religious belief. because they have a diffi-cult time, finding flaws with it.
when all they have is their prejudice, to react and not respond to it. as i do not expect any muslem idolator, to accept any truth from a non-muslem. but i would not worry, about the bad judgements.i am pretty sure we all know, where they are coming from with their errant coming from.
One doesn't need to be my friend because accept my logic. I can accept a person as friend even if he/she thinks different from me. Difference if is constructive is healthy.

The fact is bmz is unable to give straight answers, it's pretty easy to show the flaws of his posts. Most of his posts are insults followed by empty or senseless statements that has no connection with what said previously.

As for the judgements I don't give any value. I was not worried about them that, we know yet where they come from, but I was only pointing out how childish he is.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161462 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: and if i am your messiah as you only claim? should you at least know my real name, and not the fake one? for those who truly know me, know that jesus is not my real name. even if they do not know, what it is for sure.
Blasphemy: if you truy think you are Messiah, you are more deluded than the poor muslims on this thread. I can't reason with people who should be in a straight jacket.
Good night false Messiah
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161463 Feb 2, 2013
Dr. Barnabas,

http://quran.com/22/52-53

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."

By this declaration -or, "The devil made me do it!" defense- which Mohammad made to excuse his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, Mohammad saw fit to not only accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and somehow it doesn't matter to Muslims that this is both libel and blasphemy.

What would "Jesus" of the Gospel of Barnabas think of Mohammad's "The devil made me do it!" defense?
Ahmed

Gza, Egypt

#161464 Feb 2, 2013
no,Stefano the proves that the koran is wrong r wrongs,bacause the process is absolutly true and it was proven,ok if u don't believe in this fact i will give u another fact,a hadith which tells about the high buildings(example New York) and about events that r happening in the future:

Narrated Abu Hurairah (radi Allahu anhu): Allahs Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said,The Hour will not be established till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings[Sahih Bukhari]

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Time will pass rapidly, good deeds will decrease, miserliness will be thrown (in the hearts of the people) afflictions will appear and there will be much 'Al-Harj." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is "Al-Harj?" He said, "Killing! Killing!" (See Hadith No. 63, Vol. 8)

Know i will tell u about the moon splitting found in the kuran and discovered by NASA after 1443 years Allah said :"The Hour is at hand and the moon is split. And if they see a sign they turn aside and say: transient enchantment."
Apollo mission photographs of the Rima Ariadaeus revealed a rift line across the surface of the moon. In 2007, Dr. Zaghloul El Najjar used these photos to circulate a hoax, further propagated by news services such as Jafariya News,[15] claiming that NASA had proven that the Moon had split.[16][17] NASA scientists have stated that no evidence exists that Moon was split into two or more parts any time in the past. NASA scientist Brad Bailey commented, "My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet. Peer-reviewed papers are the only scientifically valid sources of information out there. No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past."[18]PLEASE LOOK AT THE PIC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Splitting_o...
http://www.google.com/imgres...
THESE R THE PROOFS
SO HOW WOULD THE PROPHET KNOW ABOUT THE FUTURE?HE IS ONLY A HUMAN.THE ANSWER IS THAT THERE IS A GOD WHO TELL HIM ABOUT WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
Ahmed

Gza, Egypt

#161465 Feb 2, 2013
RABEE the virus exixst but before microscope no one could see it,so it doesn't mean that if u don't see something it doesn't existe,God does't want us to see him and the angels because this will be the prise of the people of the heaven,so a present cannot be revealed before its moment to be revealed in,if God would show us himself now there wouldn't be any different between those citizens of hell and of the heaven,
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161466 Feb 2, 2013
Buford wrote:
Dr. Barnabas,
http://quran.com/22/52-53
"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."
By this declaration -or, "The devil made me do it!" defense- which Mohammad made to excuse his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, Mohammad saw fit to not only accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and somehow it doesn't matter to Muslims that this is both libel and blasphemy.
What would "Jesus" of the Gospel of Barnabas think of Mohammad's "The devil made me do it!" defense?
Fantastic Buford: Just keep posting this on every page. Don't let Mad Mo get away with admiting that he was the mouth piece of Satan himself!
Ahmed

Gza, Egypt

#161467 Feb 2, 2013
and yet no one answered to my question,HOW CAN JESUS BE GOD,WHEN MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS?MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS(U SAY THAT JESUS IS GOD,SO THERE WAS.T GOD BEFORE MARY)WHO CREATED MARY AND THE LIFES BEFORE MARY ? GIVE ME AN ANSWER

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161468 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your answer, if you would only read you would not be deceived.
www.answering-islam.org/Responses/Meherally/m...
No! That is no answer.

I quoted from the gospel. Right? How can answering-Islam the gospel?

"Go instead to my brothers and tell them,I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

The above verse is absolutely clear that he spoke about everybody's God and everybody's Father.
It confirms that he was neither God nor the Father.

Now, when will you guys stop deceiving yourself and others?

If that verse is not correct, strike it out from the gospel! Your problem is that you deny the verses that show he wasn't the Father and he wasn't God. And where there are no verses, ridiculous verses are presented, which are meaningless.

The evangelists and the Church has to stop lying. Making a mortal man God, is a heinous crime.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161469 Feb 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! That is no answer.
I quoted from the gospel. Right? How can answering-Islam the gospel?
"Go instead to my brothers and tell them,I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.
The above verse is absolutely clear that he spoke about everybody's God and everybody's Father.
It confirms that he was neither God nor the Father.
Now, when will you guys stop deceiving yourself and others?
If that verse is not correct, strike it out from the gospel! Your problem is that you deny the verses that show he wasn't the Father and he wasn't God. And where there are no verses, ridiculous verses are presented, which are meaningless.
The evangelists and the Church has to stop lying. Making a mortal man God, is a heinous crime.
Jesus is fully human and fully God. Jesus' human nature was talking so that the people would know that though He is God He is also human and shared fully in their lives.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161470 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: it is a matter of your ability to incohere, against your accusation of his alleged incohereable. but is not a matter of your, ability to understand him. because you prejudice does not want you to understand. as i can understand you both, what you are trying to say. even if i do not agree with, what either of you say. so do not give me, or any one else the impression. you are an idiot who cannot comprehend, what is attempting to be said. just because it violates, your self rules of prejudice.
Rabbee,

Which idiot can justify the most ridiculous, absurd and unsupported claim that Jesus was God or God the Father. I hope you are not that idiot.

The trouble with these ignorant polemic Christian fools is that they make a mere failed mortal man, your G-d or your Father. There is no support to these silly and absurd claims that Jesus was God or Jesus was the Father.

Some ignorant fools sold it to the pagans and they accepted it without even raising a question. The reason was that people had nothing to read and compare. By the way, raeding the Bible was forbidden by the Church as that would expose her lies.

Now tell me after reading this if Jesus is your G-d or your Father!

" "Go instead to my brothers and tell them,I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Even a bloody fool can say that Jesus was neither God nor the Father.

How long can one listen to such obscenities?
Ahmed

Gza, Egypt

#161471 Feb 2, 2013
I STILL NEED AN ANSWER.SO?IS IT REALLY HARD FOR U TO ANSWER IT ? OH,GIVE ME DIRECT PROVES NOT VERSES IN WHICH U CHANGE THE MEANING
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161472 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
rabbee: the writters of TheWay were prophets, the editors of the alleged as new testament were not true prophets.
The writers of the NT spoke and wrote for God making them prophets of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Sun Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Sun tongangodz 1,970
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
More from around the web