Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,511

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161309 Feb 1, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
Please explain how the kaba stone which fell from heaven can take away sins. But when we christian claim that Jesus Christ takes away sins, you reject him for a lifeless stone which you claim takes away sin.
That the black stone can take away sins, is an absurd story, which is as absurd as the claim that Jesus takes away sins. Jesus is not on record for saying that he takes away sins.

We do not believe that. This was clarified in Qur'aan that no soul shall carry the burdens of others or another.

Good night

bmz

Singapore

#161310 Feb 1, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
" Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended?

Who hath gathered the wind in His fists?

Who hath bound the waters in a garment?

Who hath established all the ends of the Earth?

What is His name, and what Is HIS SON'S NAME if thou canst
tell?"
It is a series of questions put forward by a wise man to ignorant fools.

It means that no man and his son have done any of those things.

This proverb is a word of wisdom and has nothing to do with the Father and Jesus.

bmz

Singapore

#161311 Feb 1, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. KISS THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
This is really a very twisted and distorted translation. It is wrong.

The problem with this is the forgery introduced "Kiss the Son".

It shows that if one would not kiss the son, the son will be very angry, full of wrath and can make people perish.

It can also mean that if one would not kiss the son, the LORD will be very angry, full of wrath and can make people perish.

But then, the LORD has no son.

I have studied this before. "Kiss the Son" is a forgery. The importance shown is that one must serve the LORD with fear.

It is not about serving and kissing the alleged Son.

Good night
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161312 Feb 1, 2013
Jesus did claim he had the power to forgive sins, and it is also true that only God can forgive sins, yet Jesus said:
"But that ye may know that the Son of man(humility) hath power on earth to forgive sins,(he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. " (Mark 2:10-11).
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161313 Feb 1, 2013
JESUS IS NOT THE SON OF GOD,AND MOSES IS A PROPHET YES THEY R ALL PROPHETS (PACE BE UPON THEM),HOW CAN JESUS BE THE SON OF GOD,IN THIS CASE U R COMPARING GOD TO AN ANIMAL(ASTAAFR ALLAH)BECAUSE TO HAVE A SON TWO HUMANS HAVE TO ACT AS ANIMALS ACT,SO HOW DO U COMPARE GOD TO A HUMAN OR ANIMAL,JESUS IS ONE OF THE GREATES MIRACLES EVER,BECAUSE HE HAS NO FATHER,WHEN GOD SAY BE SO IT BE,JESUS CANNOT FORGIVE SINS BECAUSE HE IS A HUMAN HE CAME ON THE EARTH TO MAKE UNBELIEVERS AND BAD PEOPLE BELIEVE,SO JESUS IS A GREAT PROPHET LIKE OTHERS BUT HE IS NOT THE SON OF GOD,AND HE CANNOT FORGIVE SINS,ONLY GOD DO THAT,JESUS CAN MAKE PEOPLE LIVE BACK,HELP THE BLINDS TO SEE,AND HELP SICKS TO GET HEALTHY BUT HE DO ALL THESE THINGS BY THE PERMISSION OF GOD,MOSES WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST PROPHET TOO , HE USED HIS STICK TO OPEN THE SEA AND THAT WAS GREAT,BUT HE DID SO BY THE PERMISSION OF GOD,PEOPLE SAID THAT HE WAS A WIZARD BUT ALL HIS POWER WAS GIVEN TO HIM FROM GOD,AND MUHAMMED AT THE END PACE BE UPON HIM IS THE LAST PROPHET AND HE HAD A SOOOOOOO GOOOOD PERSONALITY THAT U CANNOT IMMAGINE,IF U JUST READ ABOUT HIM U WOULD BE SURPRISED,WE LOVE ALL THE PROPHETS IN THE SAME WAY AND WE BELIEVE IN THEM ALL,ALSO THEY ALL CAME WITH THE SAME MESSAGE WHICH IS TO WORSHIP ONLY GOD NAD BELIEVE IN HIS PROPHETS AND HIS BOOKS AND THE HELL AND HEAVEN AND THE ANGELS,BUT U GUYS DONT BELIEVE IN MOHAMMED PACE BE UPON HIM,ALSO CHRISTIANS HATES JEWS AND JEWS HATE CHRISTIANS PLUS THEY BOTH HATE MUSLIMS,THATS ABSOLUTLY WRONG WE SHOULD LOVE EACH OTHER THATS WHAT ISLAM SAY AND WE HAVE TO PROTECT EACH OTHER NOT DESTROY EACH OTHER
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161314 Feb 1, 2013
I WANNA ASK CHRISTIANS SOMETHING,I AM CURIOUS AND I REALLY WANTED TO ASK THIS QUESTION,WHY IN THE BIBLE GOD DOESN'T TALK,ANLY SOME FRIEND OF JESUS DO BUT IN THE BIBLE GOD NEVER TALK OR SAY SOMETHING?IN THE QURAN THE MESSAGE IS FROM GOD AND U CAN SEE IT IF U READ IT,THE PROPHET DO NOT TALK,EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED FROM GOD HIMSELF,ALSO DO U KNOW WHY WE R HERE ON THE EARTH ?AND WHAT IS OUR GOAL?I KNOW THE ANSWER BUT I WANNA SEE U IF U KNOW
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161315 Feb 1, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
I WANNA ASK CHRISTIANS SOMETHING,I AM CURIOUS AND I REALLY WANTED TO ASK THIS QUESTION,WHY IN THE BIBLE GOD DOESN'T TALK,ANLY SOME FRIEND OF JESUS DO BUT IN THE BIBLE GOD NEVER TALK OR SAY SOMETHING?IN THE QURAN THE MESSAGE IS FROM GOD AND U CAN SEE IT IF U READ IT,THE PROPHET DO NOT TALK,EVERYTHING IS EXPLAINED FROM GOD HIMSELF,ALSO DO U KNOW WHY WE R HERE ON THE EARTH ?AND WHAT IS OUR GOAL?I KNOW THE ANSWER BUT I WANNA SEE U IF U KNOW
allah does not talk to mohammad, only an angel.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161316 Feb 1, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
Jesus is God and He did speak to the people.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#161317 Feb 1, 2013
Does it really whether there is written in NT the Nazarene stated to be god or that in Quran Allah talked to Muhammad?

In the first case, if one finds in NT Jesus said to be god, the answer from Muslims will be that is a forgery attributed to the Nazarene, he never said that.

In the second case Christians will say that because Muhammad wrote so doesn't mean or prove god talked with him.

You have made so many posts only to make pointless points.

My compliments!
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161318 Feb 1, 2013
no,Gebril(the angel) gave the message said from Allah to the prophet,when u read u will see that Allah talk,and jesus is not God,jesus is the prophet of God and his book is the bible and his religion was christianity, Jesus was turtutred,so logically,how can be tortured,how can he be tortured when he has all the power and how can he be tortured from his creation?it make no sense,IF JESUS IS GOD AND MARY IS THE MOTHER OF JESUS WHO CREATED MARY ? THINK ABOUT IT HOW CAN JESUS BE GOD WHEN MAY BORNED JESUS,IF ON THIS CASE JESUS IS GOD WHO CREATED MARY ?????????? HERE THERE IS A BIG QUESTION THAT PROVE THAT JESUS IS NOT GOD
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161319 Feb 1, 2013
In another saying, Muhammad, the Prophet of God, said:

ďWhoever testifies that there in none worthy of being worshipped but God, Who has no partner, and that Muhammad is His slave and Prophet, and that Jesus is the Slave of God, His Prophet, and His word[1] which He bestowed in Mary and a spirit created from Him; and that Paradise (Heaven) is true, and that the Hellfire is true, God will eventually admit him into Paradise, according to his deeds.Ē(Saheeh Al-Bukhari) THATS WHAT MANY MUSLIMS BELIEVE IN
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161320 Feb 1, 2013
SO PARLARE ITALIANO STEFANO,I KNOW THAT U R ITALIAN ,YES IT MATTER,MOHAMMED DIDN'T WROTE ANYTHING,THE QURAN WAS GIVEN TO MOHAMMED THROUGH THE ANGEL GEBRIL,MOHAMMED NEVER WROTE ANYTHING THIS IS A MISUNDERSTANDING,COMPLIMENTI VEDO CHE HAI PROVATO UNA COSA SBAGLIATA !
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161321 Feb 1, 2013
ALSO WE BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE AND JESUS BECAUSE MANY THINGS ABOUT JESUS ARE MENTIONED IN OUR RELIGION,SO I DON'T NEED A CHRISTIOAN TO TELL BE ABOUT CHRISITIANS
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161322 Feb 1, 2013
WHAT DOES MAKE IT HARD FOR U TO BELIEVE IN ISLAM AND THAT IT CONTAIN THE SAME THINGS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY AND JUDISM,THE DOFFERENT IS THAT THERE R SOME NEW THINGS,ITS UDATED,A NEW VERSION THAT CONTAI CHRISTIANITY AND ALL THE RELIGIONS BEFORE AND THAT FORBID THAT CAN HARM US AND TELL US WHAT IS GOOD FOR US,IF U DON'T READ THE QURAN U WILL SEE WITH YOUR EYES

Location hidden

#161323 Feb 1, 2013
Another silly thing I found is that both the groups (Christians and Muslims) to defend their positions use as reference their books.

Both of them think they are right.

Anyone can write books and say on them whatever he wants. How is it possible to make a point only by citing one's book?

Use historical evidences to demolish the position of one's antagonist, instead of picking shallow verses from books

Location hidden

#161324 Feb 1, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
SO PARLARE ITALIANO STEFANO,I KNOW THAT U R ITALIAN ,YES IT MATTER,MOHAMMED DIDN'T WROTE ANYTHING,THE QURAN WAS GIVEN TO MOHAMMED THROUGH THE ANGEL GEBRIL,MOHAMMED NEVER WROTE ANYTHING THIS IS A MISUNDERSTANDING,COMPLIMENTI VEDO CHE HAI PROVATO UNA COSA SBAGLIATA !
Non stavo dicendo che Maometto ha scritto il Corano, ma solo riportato quello che i Cristiani in questo forum dicono.

Che prove hai che Maometto ha scritto o no il Corano? Su cosa basi la tua affermazione?

I don't know how much you are fluent in Italian, but if you can't understand it I can repeat what I wrote in English.

Location hidden

#161325 Feb 1, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
WHAT DOES MAKE IT HARD FOR U TO BELIEVE IN ISLAM AND THAT IT CONTAIN THE SAME THINGS ABOUT CHRISTIANITY AND JUDISM,THE DOFFERENT IS THAT THERE R SOME NEW THINGS,ITS UDATED,A NEW VERSION THAT CONTAI CHRISTIANITY AND ALL THE RELIGIONS BEFORE AND THAT FORBID THAT CAN HARM US AND TELL US WHAT IS GOOD FOR US,IF U DON'T READ THE QURAN U WILL SEE WITH YOUR EYES
I read both the Bible and Quran, they are but man made books.

Moreover they don't prove anything expect what I have just said.
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161326 Feb 1, 2013
HOW COULD THE PROPHET,IF U SAY THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN WROTE IT KNOW ABOUT THE 11 PLANETS AND ABOUT,there is mentioned the arc of Noeh,about Adam and Eve,about Satan and the the rpophet couldnt neither read nor write so its impossible that he wrote it,also [This is] the revelation of the Book about which there is no doubt from the Lord of the worlds. Or do they say, "He invented it"? Rather, it is the truth from your Lord,[O Mohammad], that you may warn a people to whom no Warner has come before you [so] perhaps they will be guided".(Quran 32:2-3)∑ Quran speaks about a variety of branches of science like: Astronomy, Embryology, Hydrology, Geology, Sociology, Psychology, Oceanography, Law etc. Until the age of forty, there is NO historical account in his life that shows his scholarly tendencies or achievements in any of the spectrum of subjects the Quran deals with. How could such an illiterate man, suddenly, at the age of forty, bring about a book like the Quran which brought about an ideological and religious revolution that changed the face of history?∑ If Mohamed (peace be on him) had authored the Quran, why would he honor and mention Mary (May Allah be pleased with her), the mother of Jesus (peace be on him) and NOT mention his own family members?(NOTE: Quran does NOT have the names of any of the family members of Mohamed (peace be on him)? If he had authored the Quran, why would he disclose verses that reprimand him? Examples - 33:37 and 80:1-3 "It (Quran) is not except a reminder to the worlds. For whomever amongst you wish to take a right course." 81:27-28
"O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous" 2:21 ALSO HOW COULD MOHAMMED KNOW THE PROCESS OF CREATION OF A HUMAN,ALLAH SAID 12. And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

13. Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge)(and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

14. Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators. HOW COULD MOHAMMED SEEHOW A BABY WAS FORMED INSIDE A BELLY OF A MOTHER? IS THIS ENOUGH AS PROOF THAT MOHAMMED DIDN'T WROTE THE QURAN?
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161328 Feb 1, 2013
SI SI TI CAPISCO MOLTO BENE IN ITALIANO NON TI PREOCCUPARE,LE PROVE STANNO ARRIVANDO ASPETTA,POI VOUL DIRE CHE NON LO HAI LETTO BENE PERCHE` CI SONO TANTISSIME COSE CHE NO HAI MAI SAPUTO QUINDI NON SO TE,COMUNQUE SE TI VIENE IN MENTE DI LEGGERLO,LEGGI QUESTE SURAH,MARIAM(MARY),YUSUF,TAHA, KAHF,AL LAIL(THE NIGHT),AL SHAMS(THE SUN),AL QUAMAR(THE MOON),AL NAJM(THE STARS),AR RAHMAN,AL MU'MINUN,E MOLTE ALTRE BELLISSIME TE LO CONSIGLIO E IN PIU` LEGGI AL BAQUARA
Ahmed

GÓza, Egypt

#161329 Feb 1, 2013
HOW CAN BE THE QURAN A MANKIND WHEN IT SAYS ABOUT THE PROCESS OF FORMATION AND CREATION OF A HUMAN? HERE R THE PROOFS:12. And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

13. Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge)(and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

14. Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators. SO IN OTHER WORDS,LOGICALLY,HOW COULD THE PROPHET KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO A BABY INSIDE HIS MOTHER ? WE MUSLIMS BELIEVE THAT GOD KNOW EVERYTHING AND THE ANSWER FOR WHAT I PROVED IS THAT THERE IS A GOD WHO KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING INSIDE THE MOTHER,THERE IS NO ANSWER BUT THIS,QUESTA SECONDO ME E` UNA DELLE MIGLIORI PROVE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Tue Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Tue iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
More from around the web