Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,565)

Showing posts 151,281 - 151,300 of199,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>

What happened to your last name?
Hi!

Shortened it to just Joel. Sweet and short and less formal.

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

The Artist Formerly Known as Pastakia
Thank you.

I am now going to absorb the lingering effects of the deep spontaneous yoga experience that came over me an hour ago.

Lots of Love and Best Regards.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
Hi!
Shortened it to just Joel. Sweet and short and less formal.
Best Regards.
I honestly wondered that maybe you'd been disowned by your family.
sabu

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

poor allha would have a son only if the 2yr old ibrahim son of mohd survived of illness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>

I honestly wondered that maybe you'd been disowned by your family.
I don't have an immediate family to own or disown me what with parents passing away years ago and sister (Tina) passed away in 2012.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

It is of divine origin if God, Himself, was the author of the book. God has given us the Catholic Church with the authority, through the Keys given St Peter, to discern what works are of divine origin.
I don't know what you mean by God.

What direct experiences have you had of the higher planes of cosmic existence leading to the ultimate reality?

Can you describe any of them?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean by God.
What direct experiences have you had of the higher planes of cosmic existence leading to the ultimate reality?
Can you describe any of them?
?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

?
Beliefs, talk, theories, scripture reading and rituals count for nothing and are the preserve of the unintelligent, uncultured, superstitious, parochial and bigoted ones.

Truth has to be directly experienced in all its subtle and gross aspects in the Manifestation and in its noumenon as well via a union in consciousness and energy of the subject with the object.

You must directly experience the reality. This is true knowledge and the source of all power.

So, have you had any direct experiences of any of the supraphysical planes of existence leading to the absolute?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

GOD OR INVISIBLE PINK UNICORN OR FSM?

The usual argument put forth by believers about the existence of a creationist God is this:

The universe and all that is in it is tangible evidence for God.

Joel - God who creates from nothing? LOL. Why not the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster as the creator of the universe?

Does creation from nothing make sense? Is it even possible? If so, how? LOL.

Does the state of NOTHING exist? What is it?

Can NOTHING even be defined?

CONCLUSION: Unified Field of Consciousness-Energy that can neither be created nor destroyed is the only reality with the universe in all its subtle and gross dimensions being a manifestation or objectivization of it.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

John Preacher wrote:
BMZ - since you are so smart! Why don't you tell us what the name of God was before Mohammad came along and named him Allah, after all Islam was not first, the Bible and Jews came first with their Prophets and nowhere in the Tanakh can you find name Allah. God was known by a Hebrew name, not an Arabic Name. So either God changed his name from hebrew to arabic, or the God of the hebrews and the god of the arabs are to separate beings?
Actually God does not have any name because God is not a man or the son of a man.

People gave God names. If the Tanakh had been written in Arabic, it would have been Allah.

For your information Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages and both have a lot of common words. Before Muhammad, God was called Adonai (NOT Adoni), HaShem, Elohim or Eloheinu, El.

And by the way, please note that God was never called Yahweh by the Jews.

Christianity does not have any name of God, because her scriptures came from the non-scriptural language Greek. The men, who penned the books of the NT, had to borrow Adonai and translated it as "the LORD". In Arabic, the word for Adonai is Rab.

Another very important point: The name El is not pronounced as El in the BELL. El is pronounced in Hebrew as Ellah.

Did God give different names to the Greek, the Romans, the Italians, the Germans, the English, the French and other Europeans?

Indonesian and Malaysian Christians and Muslims use the word Tuhan for God. Persians use Khuda.

The point is men gave names to God. God only said,(translated in English), "I am the LORD!"

JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

"...some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you..."
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Beliefs, talk, theories, scripture reading and rituals count for nothing and are the preserve of the unintelligent, uncultured, superstitious, parochial and bigoted ones.
Truth has to be directly experienced in all its subtle and gross aspects in the Manifestation and in its noumenon as well via a union in consciousness and energy of the subject with the object.
You must directly experience the reality. This is true knowledge and the source of all power.
So, have you had any direct experiences of any of the supraphysical planes of existence leading to the absolute?
What has this done for you? Give some practical applications of what you are talking about. How has what you’re talking about benefited yourself and others?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

John Preacher wrote:
"I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another, or My praise to idols." Isaiah 42:8
So if Yahweh is the name of God, then why do Muslims call him Allah?
Simply because Allah and Yahweh are not the same God.
Isaiah never wrote Yahweh in his scroll. "I am Yahweh" is used by the translators of the Christian Bible.

The Jews never use the Christian word Yahweh. Yahweh is no name.

A question and an honest answer will be highly appreciated:

Look at all Muslims all over the world, who speak different languages, use the name Allah for God.
Why don't Christians use Adonai or HaShem?

Since: Jan 13

Greensborough, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Moon god
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

lord of death is your lord..

then

who is life truth and way..

now
O holy Ala
Did you send me that snakes over my head..why?

Please tell me about marks between two fingers
as love or gun as pijuuuuuuuuuuuu..

What you will choose holy Ala?
-love or gun and death
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually God does not have any name because God is not a man or the son of a man.
People gave God names. If the Tanakh had been written in Arabic, it would have been Allah.
For your information Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages and both have a lot of common words. Before Muhammad, God was called Adonai (NOT Adoni), HaShem, Elohim or Eloheinu, El.
And by the way, please note that God was never called Yahweh by the Jews.
Christianity does not have any name of God, because her scriptures came from the non-scriptural language Greek. The men, who penned the books of the NT, had to borrow Adonai and translated it as "the LORD". In Arabic, the word for Adonai is Rab.
Another very important point: The name El is not pronounced as El in the BELL. El is pronounced in Hebrew as Ellah.
Did God give different names to the Greek, the Romans, the Italians, the Germans, the English, the French and other Europeans?
Indonesian and Malaysian Christians and Muslims use the word Tuhan for God. Persians use Khuda.
The point is men gave names to God. God only said,(translated in English), "I am the LORD!"
You say allah does not have a body while other muslims say he does. Are you using a different koran then they are using?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be confusing allah with God.
Who is this God that you talk about. Was this ordinary word in English introduced by any prophets and messengers of Allah, the LORD Almighty?
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you call them ignorant fools, that doesn't negate their facts in black and white, as quoted from the koran itself. Allah is the greastest deceiver of all. The real problem you have is not with the fools who write on these sites, but in the koran itself, which shows its flaws for all to see. Verses which muslims would rather pretend don't exist, by calling the people who expose them - fools!
Men like Sam Shamoun, Geert Wilders, Ali Sina, Robert Spencer, Pat Robertson, Silas and many other polemicists, are indeed ignorant fools. Trust me.

These clueless idiots and sick polemicists just twist and distort the verses of Qur'aan, through various translations in English and misinform readers.

I am Qur'aan literate. Discuss any verse you like and bring it on!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this God that you talk about. Was this ordinary word in English introduced by any prophets and messengers of Allah, the LORD Almighty?
The God I talk about is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Creator of all things visible and invisible; through Him all things came into being.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mental Blockhead,
Christians seriously believe that God became a man in the person of Jesus.
Indeed!

This is not the only absurdity that they believe in. They seriously believe in many other absurdities, so this is nothing new.

This serious absurdity was not neither preached nor taught by Jesus himself.
Buford wrote:
Your "prophet" denied this, just as he denied that Jesus was crucified, but here are two things that you need to keep in mind, Muslim.

1. Your "prophet" is not God.
2. Your "prophet" wasn't there.
This absurdity that God became a man in the person of Jesus, was not brought to the attention of our Prophet. If they had brought it up, then he would have received revelations on this and surely would have condemned and denied it.

Response to 1: Yes, the prophet is not God.

Response to 2: Neither were the men, who penned the NT nor the men who came up with silly and absurd doctrines and not even the Church fathers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,281 - 151,300 of199,407
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Archaeology Forum right now

Search the Archaeology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Sun Captain Spalding 1
Officials: Owner violating law by prohibiting a... Jul 16 Spotted Girl 1
ANOTHER tunnel linked to Dorchester's rich and ... Jul 11 huh 2
History shines in America's oldest city Jul 7 Loveattitude 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jul 6 FACT 177
Archaeologist at TX Mass Grave Blames DREAM Act... Jul 6 remember 6
Oldest case of Down's syndrome from medieval Fr... Jul 4 Nulli Secubdus 1
•••
•••