Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 205,597

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160921 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Ofcourse, people are at liberty to completely deny God and THEY MAY EVEN BE RIGHT, but if you profess to believe in ONE God, then Islam is the ONLY answer.
Thank you.
Ofcourse, people are at liberty to completely deny Mohammad and THEY MAY EVEN BE RIGHT, but if you profess to believe in ONE PROPHET, then Islam is the ONLY answer.
Thank you.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160922 Jan 30, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to your last name?
The Artist Formerly Known as Pastakia
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160924 Jan 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
WE don't see Satan doing any damage to cause misunderstanding of revelations given to prophets.
Satan has no power over God's prophets. Job was a different case.
The men, who penned the New Testament were the most afflicted ones by Satan. You can see from their incoherence and absurd statements.
Remember when Paul under Satanic Influence said, "I please everyone.........."
Mental Blockhead,

It was your own "infallible prophet" who declared:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."

By this declaration, which your "prophet" made to cover his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, your "prophet" saw fit to not only to accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and you, being the Braindead Muslim Zealot that you are, haven't even begun to grasp that this is libel, and blasphemy.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160925 Jan 30, 2013
Muslims,

I would ask you to cite an instance or instances in the Tanakh or Injeel where "Satan" threw in some misunderstanding that was later corrected by that SAME prophet, or ANOTHER (excluding Mohammad, because he is himself compromised). Was Moses so afflicted? What about Isaiah? Jeremiah? Micah? Habakkuk? Jesus?

I want chapter(s) and verse(s), please.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160928 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
TAFKAP, of course!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160930 Jan 30, 2013
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160931 Jan 30, 2013
CORRECTION:

Mental Blockhead,

It was your own "infallible prophet" who declared:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."

By this declaration, which your "prophet" made to cover his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, your "prophet" saw fit to not only accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and you, being the Braindead Muslim Zealot that you are, haven't even begun to grasp that this is libel, and blasphemy.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160932 Jan 30, 2013
I get it! Those in whose hearts is NOT a disease and whose hearts are NOT hard, won't be fooled when a bona fide genuine prophet of God -like Mohammad, for example- speaks damned lies.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160933 Jan 30, 2013
Of course, those in whose hearts is NOT a disease and whose hearts are NOT hard are willing to FORGIVE a bona fide genuine prophet of God -like Mohammad, for example- for speaking damned lies, especially when later he repents, and even if he accuses Allah of setting him up for failure.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160934 Jan 30, 2013
The spin:

It isn't Mohammad who was subject to Satanic influence, as http://quran.com/22/52-53 makes clear, but those messengers and prophets who came "before."

I call bullshit on this spin.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160939 Jan 30, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>

What happened to your last name?
Hi!

Shortened it to just Joel. Sweet and short and less formal.

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160940 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you.

I am now going to absorb the lingering effects of the deep spontaneous yoga experience that came over me an hour ago.

Lots of Love and Best Regards.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160941 Jan 30, 2013
JOEL wrote:
Hi!
Shortened it to just Joel. Sweet and short and less formal.
Best Regards.
I honestly wondered that maybe you'd been disowned by your family.
sabu

Bangalore, India

#160942 Jan 30, 2013
poor allha would have a son only if the 2yr old ibrahim son of mohd survived of illness.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160943 Jan 30, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>

I honestly wondered that maybe you'd been disowned by your family.
I don't have an immediate family to own or disown me what with parents passing away years ago and sister (Tina) passed away in 2012.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160944 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

It is of divine origin if God, Himself, was the author of the book. God has given us the Catholic Church with the authority, through the Keys given St Peter, to discern what works are of divine origin.
I don't know what you mean by God.

What direct experiences have you had of the higher planes of cosmic existence leading to the ultimate reality?

Can you describe any of them?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160945 Jan 30, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean by God.
What direct experiences have you had of the higher planes of cosmic existence leading to the ultimate reality?
Can you describe any of them?
?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160946 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

?
Beliefs, talk, theories, scripture reading and rituals count for nothing and are the preserve of the unintelligent, uncultured, superstitious, parochial and bigoted ones.

Truth has to be directly experienced in all its subtle and gross aspects in the Manifestation and in its noumenon as well via a union in consciousness and energy of the subject with the object.

You must directly experience the reality. This is true knowledge and the source of all power.

So, have you had any direct experiences of any of the supraphysical planes of existence leading to the absolute?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160947 Jan 30, 2013
GOD OR INVISIBLE PINK UNICORN OR FSM?

The usual argument put forth by believers about the existence of a creationist God is this:

The universe and all that is in it is tangible evidence for God.

Joel - God who creates from nothing? LOL. Why not the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster as the creator of the universe?

Does creation from nothing make sense? Is it even possible? If so, how? LOL.

Does the state of NOTHING exist? What is it?

Can NOTHING even be defined?

CONCLUSION: Unified Field of Consciousness-Energy that can neither be created nor destroyed is the only reality with the universe in all its subtle and gross dimensions being a manifestation or objectivization of it.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160948 Jan 30, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
BMZ - since you are so smart! Why don't you tell us what the name of God was before Mohammad came along and named him Allah, after all Islam was not first, the Bible and Jews came first with their Prophets and nowhere in the Tanakh can you find name Allah. God was known by a Hebrew name, not an Arabic Name. So either God changed his name from hebrew to arabic, or the God of the hebrews and the god of the arabs are to separate beings?
Actually God does not have any name because God is not a man or the son of a man.

People gave God names. If the Tanakh had been written in Arabic, it would have been Allah.

For your information Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages and both have a lot of common words. Before Muhammad, God was called Adonai (NOT Adoni), HaShem, Elohim or Eloheinu, El.

And by the way, please note that God was never called Yahweh by the Jews.

Christianity does not have any name of God, because her scriptures came from the non-scriptural language Greek. The men, who penned the books of the NT, had to borrow Adonai and translated it as "the LORD". In Arabic, the word for Adonai is Rab.

Another very important point: The name El is not pronounced as El in the BELL. El is pronounced in Hebrew as Ellah.

Did God give different names to the Greek, the Romans, the Italians, the Germans, the English, the French and other Europeans?

Indonesian and Malaysian Christians and Muslims use the word Tuhan for God. Persians use Khuda.

The point is men gave names to God. God only said,(translated in English), "I am the LORD!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is a codeword for White genocide Nov 20 7970kgl 1
Researchers Disagree About Age, Purpose of Ston... (Oct '08) Nov 19 Garry Denke 11
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Nov 17 sham 183
Heracles to Alexander: Ashmolean Museum unveils... (Apr '11) Nov 16 Macedonian 25
Mexican Government Claims US Auction House Sold... Nov 13 Concerned 1
Remains of Ice Age infants uncovered in Alaska Nov 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Sri Lanka: Colombo attempts to seize lands of S... Nov 8 Tamules R killers 2

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE