Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252872 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160963 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You say allah does not have a body while other muslims say he does. Are you using a different koran then they are using?
Do not lie. No Muslim will say that. Must have come from some Christian, who thinks God is a man.
bmz

Singapore

#160964 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you agree that the sunnie muslims that believe allah has a body are idolaters?
No silly and dumb questions, please!

Tu Quoque back at ya:

Do you believe that the God, introduced by Jesus, has a body? Does he wear clothes? Does he have a dick? Does he eat and drink? lol!
bmz

Singapore

#160966 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The writers of the NT were all prophets of God.
Absolutely hilarious. Now I know why Christianity was accepted by the illiterate masses.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! I sprayed my tea on my right hand side. Luckily no one was sitting on my right hand side.
bmz

Singapore

#160970 Jan 30, 2013
Buford wrote:
CORRECTION:

Mental Blockhead,

It was your own "infallible prophet" who declared:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."

By this declaration, which your "prophet" made to cover his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, your "prophet" saw fit to not only accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and you, being the Braindead Muslim Zealot that you are, haven't even begun to grasp that this is libel, and blasphemy.
That was a great post, Buford. Thanks for quoting the verse. The verse points towards the following case:

When Jesus was alive, Satan was always following him. He made suggestions to Jesus and threw vanities in his mind. However, Allah abolished what Satan had thrown in to Jesus.

That is quite obvious, when you see Jesus saying, "Away from me, you Satan!"

After Jesus passed away, Satan did not sit idle. He went after all his disciples and early followers and suggested all absurdities and vain thoughts. Satan went after Paul, his minion, the Bishops, the men, who wrote the NT and the men, who founded Christianity.

It was time to correct all the evil that Satan had thrown into Jesus' teaching and Allah abolished what Satan threw in over centuries.

Good post.
bmz

Singapore

#160972 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The God I talk about is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The Creator of all things visible and invisible; through Him all things came into being.
OK. That is the same God that I believe in. So, how does this derivative God in English become acceptable to you?

Do your fellow Christian Arabs use this common word God? Why do they use the word Allah?

I know you cannot and will not answer the questions as usual, so I will answer myself. Because they do not have the word God, in Arabic.

You must go after the Christian Arabs and introduce the word Yahweh. They need it badly.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160973 Jan 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah never wrote Yahweh in his scroll. "I am Yahweh" is used by the translators of the Christian Bible.
The Jews never use the Christian word Yahweh. Yahweh is no name.
A question and an honest answer will be highly appreciated:
Look at all Muslims all over the world, who speak different languages, use the name Allah for God.
Why don't Christians use Adonai or HaShem?
The christian God is Adonai/ Hashem we admit fully that he is our God. But muslims don't worship Adonai they worship Allah.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160974 Jan 30, 2013
Moon worship has been practiced in Arabia and the Middle East since about 2000 BC. The crescent moon is the most common symbol of this pagan moon worship. The moon-god was also referred to as "al-ilah". Originally this was not a proper name of a single specific god, but a generic name meaning "the god". Each local Arab tribe would refer to their own local tribal pagan god as "al-ilah". "Al-ilah" was later shortened to Allah before Mohammed began promoting his new religion in 610 AD. Mohammed retained almost all the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the temple, Kabah, and redefined them in monotheistic terms. Today Islam is a false monotheistic religion with its roots in polytheistic paganism. The Old Testament regularly forbade the worship of the moon- god and other false gods. When the children of Israel came out of Egyptian bondage they were warned, "a man or a woman who have been wicked in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing His covenant, who have gone and served other gods and worshipped them, either the sun or moon or any of the host of heaven…then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has committed that wicked thing and shall stone to death that man or woman with stones" (Deuteronomy 17:3-5). When Israel fell into idolatry, many times it involved moon-god worship. There are remnants of pagan moon-god worship in the Koran where we have examples of Muslims swearing by the moon. "Nay; I swear by the moon, And the night when it departs, And the daybreak when it shines;" (Koran 74:32-34). The pagan Arab nations worshipped 360 gods, one for each day of the year. The moon-god was a male god and the sun-god was a female goddess. The moon-god was called by various names, one of which was Allah. Many Arabs believed that the moon-god was the greatest of all gods. In worshipping their moon-god, Allah, they prayed toward Mecca several times a day, made pilgrimages to Mecca, ran around the temple of the moon- god called the Kabah, kissed the Black Stone, killed animal sacrifices for their moon-god, and fasted for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon, etc., just as the Muslims do today. They believed Allah, the moon-god, was married to the sun goddess. Together they produced three goddesses who were called "the daughters of Allah." Allah’s three daughters, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat, were viewed as intercessors between the people and Allah and were also worshipped at the Kabah in Mecca. The daughters of Allah, along with Allah’s wife the sun goddess, and Allah were viewed as "high" gods.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160975 Jan 30, 2013
Mohammed was raised to worship the moon-god, Allah. The Quraish tribe into which Mohammad was born was particularly devoted to Allah. The literal Arabic name of Mohammed's father was Abd-Allah and his uncle's name was Obied-Allah. These names show the devotion that Mohammed's family had in the worship of their moon-god, Allah. When Mohammed proclaimed his new doctrine: "There is no God but Allah", he was not trying to introduce a new god, for his pagan countrymen already knew and acknowledged this pagan deity along with their other 359 gods. The crescent moon was an ancient pagan symbol used throughout the Middle East to represent Allah and adopting this symbol helped Muslims to convert people throughout the Middle East to Islam. Mohammed was born in Mecca in 570 AD. In 610 AD he declared himself a prophet. At a temple called "ka’aba" in Mecca 360 idols along with a Black Stone were worshipped. Prior to Islam the people prayed each day facing Mecca since that was the place where their idol Allah was located. Each Arab tribe used "Allah" as a generic term to refer to its own particular high god. When Mohammed began propagating his new religion he was run out of Mecca in 622 AD. He then went to Medina where he successfully began his new religion, Islam, and even became the ruler of that city. In Mecca Arabs worshipped a moon-god called Hubal at their temple called Kabah. Hubal, being their highest ranking god, was also known by other names such as Allah. When Mohammed came along, he dropped all references to the name "Hubal" but retained the generic "al-ilah", which had been modified to Allah. In 630 AD Mohammed again entered Mecca and captured it. He
declared Allah to be the supreme god and was the one true god that all men should worship. Mohammed claimed to have had his "vision" and "revelation" from the angel Gabriel. Mohammed destroyed all the 360 idols at Mecca except the Black Stone, which they believed came from the moon. Muslims continue to worship and kiss it today. Mohammed declared that Allah alone should be worshipped. He forbade the worship of the daughters of Allah. Mohammed retained many of the pagan rituals of the Arabs at the temple, Kabah, and redefined them in monotheistic terms. To this day, a crescent moon can be found at the front of every mosque, acknowledging that Allah was and is still their moon- god.
bmz

Singapore

#160976 Jan 30, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
The christian God is Adonai/ Hashem we admit fully that he is our God. But muslims don't worship Adonai they worship Allah.
Ah ha! Now you admit that.

Can I then take your admission as a confirmation that Jesus is not the Christian God?

And do you think that the Jews believe that the Christian God is Adonai or HaShem?

Adonai/HaShem was never considered a Triune God or a Trinity by the fiercely monotheistic Jews. Right?
bmz

Singapore

#160977 Jan 30, 2013
@ John Preacher

Hello, John

Can I call you Abdul Jesus?

A big lol on your moongod series.

What is the Arabic word for moon?

If they were the worshippers of moon, their names should have been
Abdul-Moon.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160981 Jan 30, 2013
Bye.
truth

Gosnells, Australia

#160985 Jan 30, 2013
abraham=maharaba from india

i asked you before about what altar old 3000 years
4 horns

now
did you speaking about me

who will give you blessing
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo
on corupt way
you are liar
you need explain proply why you are muharadza
then you are if not happy and try tweested
you will become
azdarahum
azdaja zmajo

remember
in begining is word
i believe in holy word as well holy power
liar twisted words
truth

Gosnells, Australia

#160986 Jan 30, 2013
nomobadule
badul bodul=donkey
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160987 Jan 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not lie. No Muslim will say that. Must have come from some Christian, who thinks God is a man.
You say they are not muslims, but they do:

http://www.correctislamicfaith.com/howallahvi...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160988 Jan 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No silly and dumb questions, please!
Tu Quoque back at ya:
Do you believe that the God, introduced by Jesus, has a body? Does he wear clothes? Does he have a dick? Does he eat and drink? lol!
We are talking about allah, not Jesus. So you muslims can not agree on whethr or not allha has a body. If you can agree on this what can be learn from the kora?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160989 Jan 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely hilarious. Now I know why Christianity was accepted by the illiterate masses.
Thanks for making me laugh out loud! I sprayed my tea on my right hand side. Luckily no one was sitting on my right hand side.
Laugh as you will, but all the writers of the NT were propehts. One of the many Gifts of the Holy Spirit is the gift of phrophecy; the writers of the NT all spoke and wrote for God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160990 Jan 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. That is the same God that I believe in. So, how does this derivative God in English become acceptable to you?
Do your fellow Christian Arabs use this common word God? Why do they use the word Allah?
I know you cannot and will not answer the questions as usual, so I will answer myself. Because they do not have the word God, in Arabic.
You must go after the Christian Arabs and introduce the word Yahweh. They need it badly.
You do not worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for God would not say He is the God of Abraham and ishmael. Isaac was the child of the promise and ishmael the son of the flesh. You worship allah, while Christians worship Allah.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160991 Jan 31, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike muslims who have to kill each other if they don't agree on the koran, the christians have the Holy Spirit to guide His Catholic Church in truth. Christians may disagree on how they understand the Holy Bible, but only the Catholic Church were given the Keys of divine authority to lose and bind both in Heaven and on earth.
bmz

Singapore

#160992 Jan 31, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob for God would not say He is the God of Abraham and ishmael. Isaac was the child of the promise and ishmael the son of the flesh. You worship allah, while Christians worship Allah.
Paul,

You don't know what you worship. We know whom we worship. It is now time that you should know that a man was never God and neither God became a man and the man cannot be worshipped. You must worship only the LORD Almighty in true spirit.

Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#160993 Jan 31, 2013
JOEL wrote:
"...some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you..."
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun 7 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun 1 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
News Giant sphere sparks debate Apr '16 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Did Islam reach France 1,300 years ago? DNA and... Apr '16 Muslim Bounty Hunter 19
News Send in the archaeologists to help restore Palm... Mar '16 Ostreology 1
Stunning 2200-Year-Old Mosaics Discovered in An... Mar '16 west38 1
More from around the web