Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,158

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160716 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
So basically you have no idea.

An important work "approved" by your holy church and you have no idea what language it was in. Not impressed with your biblical education.

Very sad.

Location hidden

#160717 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
and by the way, I dont have to google it. I have it right here, in its NATIVE language.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160718 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and by the way, I dont have to google it. I have it right here, in its NATIVE language.
You say its in its native language why did you ask me what language it was written in? Are you just assuming it in the native language since you apparently don't know what the native language it was written in.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160719 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you have no idea.
An important work "approved" by your holy church and you have no idea what language it was in. Not impressed with your biblical education.
Very sad.
You have yet to say what difference it makes what language it was written in?

Location hidden

#160721 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to say what difference it makes what language it was written in?
I guess you missed my earlier post

I was curious how knowledgeable you were regarding the bible

I know the answer now. Not very knowledgeable

The Book of Daniel switches back and forth between Hebrew and Aramaic. Its unique in that it is the ONLY book within the Tanach that does this. This attests to its later origin than the other components of the tanach (Aramaic was the language of Jesus's time). It also hints that the book had more than one authorship (contrary to fundamentalist Christian and traditional Jewish views which assert that it was all from Daniel).

Location hidden

#160722 Jan 29, 2013
Oops - I forgot that parts of Ezra was written in Aramaic as well
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160723 Jan 29, 2013
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" (Joel 2:28).

See the story here its just one of many:
www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2012/June/Dr...

Muslims are receiving visions and dreams from Jesus himself and he is leading muslims to himself, because muslims kill christian missionaries, and put people to death for owning Bibles, so God in his grace is preaching to muslims himself. If you pray for the True God to reveal himself to you, he will.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

#160727 Jan 29, 2013
You actually watch CBN?

lol
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160728 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed my earlier post
I was curious how knowledgeable you were regarding the bible
I know the answer now. Not very knowledgeable
The Book of Daniel switches back and forth between Hebrew and Aramaic. Its unique in that it is the ONLY book within the Tanach that does this. This attests to its later origin than the other components of the tanach (Aramaic was the language of Jesus's time). It also hints that the book had more than one authorship (contrary to fundamentalist Christian and traditional Jewish views which assert that it was all from Daniel).
What does my knowledge of the Holy Bible have to do with the Book of Daniel being inspired? The Book of Daniel was in the Septuagint, Geek, when it was declared inspired by the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has the divine authority to declare what is and what is not from God.

As you know Jesus did not hand out the Holy Bible and say follow this; no, He said follow me. The Holy Bible gives us insight into the early Catholic Church but it is the Catholic Church that Jesus gave us and not the Holy Bible. The Catholic Church gave us the Holy Bible, it is her book. Since it is her book she alone can truly interpret it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160729 Jan 29, 2013
Thousands of Muslims See Jesus In Dreams and Visions and Are SAVED!

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#160730 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What does my knowledge of the Holy Bible have to do with the Book of Daniel being inspired? The Book of Daniel was in the Septuagint, Geek, when it was declared inspired by the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has the divine authority to declare what is and what is not from God.
As you know Jesus did not hand out the Holy Bible and say follow this; no, He said follow me. The Holy Bible gives us insight into the early Catholic Church but it is the Catholic Church that Jesus gave us and not the Holy Bible. The Catholic Church gave us the Holy Bible, it is her book. Since it is her book she alone can truly interpret it through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Most people I know who read the bible also have elemental levels of curiosity. Obviously you don't.

You dont have to rationalize your anti-intellectualism.

BTW your church doesnt own the bible. Heck, they cant even get the damn language correct.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160731 Jan 29, 2013
More accounts of Muslims coming to Jesus through dreams and visions:
www.charismamag.com/spirit/evangelism-mission...

Location hidden

#160732 Jan 29, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
Thousands of Christians See ALLAH In Dreams and Visions and Are SAVED!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
nice
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160733 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people I know who read the bible also have elemental levels of curiosity. Obviously you don't.
You dont have to rationalize your anti-intellectualism.
BTW your church doesnt own the bible. Heck, they cant even get the damn language correct.
The Catholic Church put the Holy Bible together. They chose, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, to use the Septuagint for the OT because it was used by the early Christians and quoted by the apostles. The NT writings were taken from those that were read throughout the Catholic Church at the Eucharistic feast. The Catholic Church made the Holy Bible and it is her book.

Location hidden

#160734 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church put the Holy Bible together. They chose, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, to use the Septuagint for the OT because it was used by the early Christians and quoted by the apostles. The NT writings were taken from those that were read throughout the Catholic Church at the Eucharistic feast. The Catholic Church made the Holy Bible and it is her book.
Like I said, dont have to rationalize your anti-intellectualism.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160735 Jan 29, 2013
Muslim jihadist was working to prove the Bible wrong, and after studying it for several months he became to believe it might be true! He then prayed to God for a sign as to which God is the real God - the God of the Christians or the god of the Muslims. That same night, after he prayed, he had a dream and Jesus appeared to Him, and he then totally became a believer in Jesus, and became a Christian!!!
Watch here:
www.youtube.com/watch...
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160736 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, dont have to rationalize your anti-intellectualism.
When you have nothing else resort to ad hominem.

So where did the Holy Bible come from?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160737 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about the koran, or do you not have a defense for it? You know you can not support any claim that it came from mohammad.

When were the satantic verses taken out of the koran?
Anxiously waiting your reply!
What satanic verses?

Satanic verses can be found only in the New Testament. Read the most Satanic book Hebrews.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160738 Jan 29, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
Muslim jihadist was working to prove the Bible wrong, and after studying it for several months he became to believe it might be true! He then prayed to God for a sign as to which God is the real God - the God of the Christians or the god of the Muslims. That same night, after he prayed, he had a dream and Jesus appeared to Him, and he then totally became a believer in Jesus, and became a Christian!!!
Watch here:
www.youtube.com/watch...
Oh! That crook and the lying bigot Pat Robertson?

These shameless crooks fabricate videos.

Location hidden

#160739 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have nothing else resort to ad hominem.
So where did the Holy Bible come from?
Excuse me, was I the one who keeps posting on the origins and authority of the Catholic church - regardless of what is being asked?

I dont use the term Holy Bible. Do you mean torah?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science uncovers story of slaves at Nashville Zoo 13 hr X-TREME BIAS 2
Mystery 17 hr rick doninger 2
The Sphinx's missing Crown Thu Randall Moore 1
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Sep 15 eee 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sep 14 Min 44
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Sep 12 Rabbeen Al Jihad 44
Jim Long: Noahide, Archaeologist, Filmmaker Sep 12 Yenda Rinderpest 1
•••

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE