Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160699 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because all the other versions of the koran were burnt does not mean you now have the original.
mohammad never wrote anything and his biographies were written a hunderd years after he was dead. So what assurance do you have the koran you have came from mohammad? Oh, your going on the memories of old men, well we know how reliable that is.
The Christian Bible is the only book that has versions.

It is true that Muhammad did not write anything but he had men to write for him and he recited out,
They recorded.

In the case of Jesus, there was nobody to write down anything. Poor man had no scribe as all his disciples were ignorant fools.

After he had disappeared from the scene and was long gone, people wrote ridiculous and absurd tales about him.

Taht is the difference.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160700 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
He never will, That is why I suggested. lol!
It was an innocuous question, curious about how educated he was.

Location hidden

#160701 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has given His Catholic Church the Holy Spirit to guide her in all Truth. We now have God's teachings contained in the Cathecism of the Cathoic Church. islam has nothing from God, mohammad claimed he talked to a angel he thought was a demon until a women told him it wasn't a demon. What did that woman know? The satanic verse were removed from the koran.
What language was the book of Daniel originally written in?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160702 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that Muhammad did not write anything but he had men to write for him and he recited out,
They recorded.
In the case of Jesus, there was nobody to write down anything. Poor man had no scribe as all his disciples were ignorant fools.
After he had disappeared from the scene and was long gone, people wrote ridiculous and absurd tales about him.
Taht is the difference.
That's pretty much similar to the history of Quran.

There have been different versions of Quran.

The original manuscripts of Quran that should have been kept well preserved, were misteriously disappeared.

After Muhammad disappeared from the scene long ago, Omar burnt all the different versions of Quran and kept and widespread ridiculous and absurd stories and tales copied and pasted by different books and hearsay available in Baghdad at that time, and gathered all them together into one book called Quran.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160703 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
They recorded.
Taht is the difference.
Since the biographies of mohammad were written a hundred years after he was dead means those stories about him reciting the koran to others is probably false.

There were MANY versions of the koran before someone rewrote it and burnt all the other versions. There is no proof the koran you use now is the same one mohammad supposedly recited.

Don't forget about the satanic verses being removed from the koran.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160704 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What language was the book of Daniel originally written in?
What does it matter? The book as approved by the Catholic Church is what is inspired. Jesus promised the Catholic Church the Holy Spirit to lead it in Truth.

Location hidden

#160705 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter? The book as approved by the Catholic Church is what is inspired. Jesus promised the Catholic Church the Holy Spirit to lead it in Truth.
Please answer the question

thank you
bmz

Singapore

#160706 Jan 29, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much similar to the history of Quran.
There have been different versions of Quran.
The original manuscripts of Quran that should have been kept well preserved, were misteriously disappeared.

After Muhammad disappeared from the scene long ago, Omar burnt all the different versions of Quran and kept and widespread ridiculous and absurd stories and tales copied and pasted by different books and hearsay available in Baghdad at that time, and gathered all them together into one book called Quran.
TU QUOQUE!

Why do you steal my words, Closet Xtian?
bmz

Singapore

#160707 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So, What language was the book of Daniel originally written in?

Pray tell us, please.
bmz

Singapore

#160708 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the biographies of mohammad were written a hundred years after he was dead means those stories about him reciting the koran to others is probably false.
There were MANY versions of the koran before someone rewrote it and burnt all the other versions. There is no proof the koran you use now is the same one mohammad supposedly recited.
Don't forget about the satanic verses being removed from the koran.
I have already told you that the Christian Bible is the only book that has versions.

They have thousands of manuscripts and not even two are same. Satanic verses can only be found in the New Testament, Paul and this is a fact which you cannot deny!

If you don't believe me, then read Hebrews and see how many Satanic verses fill that book in. You will be shocked.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160709 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer the question
thank you
You can google it as well as I can.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160710 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you that the Christian Bible is the only book that has versions.
They have thousands of manuscripts and not even two are same. Satanic verses can only be found in the New Testament, Paul and this is a fact which you cannot deny!
If you don't believe me, then read Hebrews and see how many Satanic verses fill that book in. You will be shocked.
We're talking about the koran, or do you not have a defense for it? You know you can not support any claim that it came from mohammad.

When were the satantic verses taken out of the koran?

Anxiously waiting your reply!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160711 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, What language was the book of Daniel originally written in?
Pray tell us, please.
Google it.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160712 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophet Joseph Smith has a much better story on how he got the Book of Mormons. He said he copied it from Golden Tablets that are now in Heaven. Also the prophet Joseph Smith did not have to claim the Holy Bible was corrupt. If I was to choose between the koran and the Book of Mormons being from God based on the story behind them I would chose the Book of Mormons.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#160713 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
TU QUOQUE!
Why do you steal my words, Closet Xtian?
LOL

As expected he was not able to prove me wrong in the other post. Ironically you attacked the Bible, right where Quran is in the same shit.

You are a closet Jewish, but inside you have a lot of shit to say about Judaism, but you prefer to keep for yourself...

I'm not "closet anything", but I don't like hypocrite, coward, braindead, lier people like you. So you are my target here.

Also it's not xtian, but xian.

Did I steal your words? Since when you own words?

Did I tu quoque? Indicate me where?

Location hidden

#160715 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You can google it as well as I can.
What would Jesus do?

Location hidden

#160716 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
So basically you have no idea.

An important work "approved" by your holy church and you have no idea what language it was in. Not impressed with your biblical education.

Very sad.

Location hidden

#160717 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
and by the way, I dont have to google it. I have it right here, in its NATIVE language.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160718 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and by the way, I dont have to google it. I have it right here, in its NATIVE language.
You say its in its native language why did you ask me what language it was written in? Are you just assuming it in the native language since you apparently don't know what the native language it was written in.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160719 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you have no idea.
An important work "approved" by your holy church and you have no idea what language it was in. Not impressed with your biblical education.
Very sad.
You have yet to say what difference it makes what language it was written in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giant Easter Island 'Hats' Rolled Into Place, S... 2 hr peterw 1
Is Nebuchadnezzar II responsible for the ruins ... Sun Cyler 1
News The History of Human Migration (Feb '13) Apr 21 jake10 2
News "Digging" the Archaeological Study Bible; Curre... (Jan '08) Apr 16 Crazy Talk 12
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Apr 14 MUQ2 189
News Ark of the Covenant: 8 Alleged Resting Places (Oct '12) Apr 13 Polaris 60
News Dalton Historical Commission Prepares for... Apr 12 cops are psychopaths 1
More from around the web