Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
151,041 - 151,060 of 201,442 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#160664 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with you is that you are a Muslim.
Is that a "Problem"? That is the greatest gift of all gifts we have from our Creator!!

Look at these Bible Thumpers speaking in language no one can understand.

Look at these "authentic Jews", living in a world of their own.

Look at Hindus, doing things which no sane person shall do.

And look at "atheists" like you, flipping from one extreme to another extreme, sometimes posing as a Christian, sometimes as a Buddhist!!

It is indeed a great gift, to be on the middle road and be on the shortest and straight path that reaches to our Creator.

Why should we consider this is a problem?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160665 Jan 28, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What language did Daniel prophesize in?
The approved answer from the Church would be:

"Some say Greek and some say Latin."
bmz

Singapore

#160666 Jan 28, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren(tribe), like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).

Muslims says this prophecy refers to mohammad. how do mohammad and Moses, equate. Moses preformed miracles, mohammad did not. But Jesus Did.

In fact both Jesus and Moses mirror each other exactly.

1. Moses was born at a time when the male children were being slaughtered by pharaoh. Jesus was born at a time when Herod was killing baby boys.

2.Moses instituted the old covenant. Jesus instituted the new covenant.

3. Moses was transfigured on mount Sinai and when he came down from mount Sinai his face shone with God's glory- Exodus 34:29. Jesus was also transfigured on the mountain Matthew 17:2.

4.Moses elected 12 people to represent the 12 tribes- Numbers 1:5. Jesus elected 12 apostles to be the for-runners of his church.

6. Moses led the people to the promisd land. Jesus showed the way to the true promised land - heaven.
7. Moses was a savior of his people, saving them from slavery in egypt. Jesus is also a savior saving us from the bondage of sin.

8. Moses gave his people manna from heaven Exodus 16:14. Jesus said: "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. " (John 6:32-33).

9. Moses lifted up a brass snake upon a stick and all those people who had sinned against moses and been bitten by snakes which God sent, looked upon the snake on a stick and their sin was forgiven they were healed and lived. Jesus said: "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up(on the cross/stick): That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15).

Can any muslims please show me how Mohammad was like Moses, otherwise we'll have to agree that this prophecy refers to Jesus.
My pleasure:

The simple answer is that no words from God were put in his mouth; and he did not speak anything new unto them. Most of the time he was busy in Tu Quoque exchanges, which we see in the gospels.
bmz

Singapore

#160668 Jan 28, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I love. The Christians criticize the Muslims for the use of the word pig, but here is one of their own using the same word.
They try to emulate the language of the biblical Jesus.
bmz

Singapore

#160669 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Are the Shi'ites going to Islamic hell because their doctrines are deemed heretical by the majority Sunnis?
My questions were:

What genocides has Iran carried out?

Tell me how has Iran hurt you?

Now to your question: Why would Shias go to hell?
bmz

Singapore

#160670 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Your "humble" view?
LOL!!!
Yours is the most arrogant "view" in the entire thread, you "Ignorant Fool."
It is true that Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam.

How can you call him a prophet of Islam? He was sent to Israel. Learn to be able to differentiate.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160671 Jan 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a "Problem"? That is the greatest gift of all gifts we have from our Creator!!
Look at these Bible Thumpers speaking in language no one can understand.
Look at these "authentic Jews", living in a world of their own.
Look at Hindus, doing things which no sane person shall do.
And look at "atheists" like you, flipping from one extreme to another extreme, sometimes posing as a Christian, sometimes as a Buddhist!!
It is indeed a great gift, to be on the middle road and be on the shortest and straight path that reaches to our Creator.
Why should we consider this is a problem?
Mental Blockhead,

You're also as arrogant as hell.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160672 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
My questions were:
What genocides has Iran carried out?
Tell me how has Iran hurt you?
Now to your question: Why would Shias go to hell?
Mental Blockhead,

Answer the question, unless, of course, it's beyond your area of competence.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#160675 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that Jesus is not a prophet of Islam. He is considered a prophet in Islam.
How can you call him a prophet of Islam? He was sent to Israel. Learn to be able to differentiate.
Why do you keep drivelling and quibbling.
We are not interested in your insane interpretations of Jesus.
Jesus was a good and decent man and very probably the messiah.
What we are still waiting for is for you to explain how a sick murderous paedophile corpse shagger like mad mo could be from god.
Islam is a sick fraud pushed by an evil false prophet and you know it.
You should stop deliberately supporting evil BMZ.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160676 Jan 28, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental Blockhead,

I never called Jesus a "prophet of Islam" or a "prophet in Islam." There was, however, one ignorant fool of a man, an Arabian, who supposed that he was a prophet like Moses and Jesus, only better! Sadly for him, the Jews who heard him preach what they knew to be "fables of the ancients" as though they were divine revelations were certain that this ignorant fool was a liar at best, if not insane, not that this makes any difference to an unthinking slave like you.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160677 Jan 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-42
Chapter 86 Quality of friend
"Let your friend be such that, even as he wills to correct you, so he may receive correction; and even as he wills that you should leave all things for love of God, even so again it may content him that you forsake him for the service of God. "But tell me, if a man know not how to love God how shall he know how to love himself; and how shall he know how to love others, not knowing how to love himself?
Assuredly this is impossible. Therefore when you choose you one for friend (for truly he is supremely poor who has no friend at all), see that you consider first, not his fine lineage, not his fine family, not his fine house, not his fine clothing, not his fine person, nor yet his fine words, for you shall be easily deceived..
Thaddaeus answered: "But if perhaps a man shall have a friend who is not such as you have said, O master? What ought he to do? Ought he to forsake him?" Jesus answered: "He ought to do as the mariner does with the ship, who sails it so long as he perceives it to be profitable, but when he sees it to be a loss forsakes it. So shall you do with your friend that is worse than you: in those things wherein he is an offence to you, leave him if you would not be left of the mercy of God."
Chapter 87 Be enemy of your flesh
"Woe to the world because of offences. It needs must be that the offence come, because the entire world lies in wickedness. But yet woe to that man through whom the offence comes. It were better for the man if he should have a millstone about his neck and should be sunk in the depths of the sea than that he should offend his neighbour. If your eye be an offence to you, pluck it out. For it is better that you go with one eye only into paradise than with both of them into hell. If your hand or your foot offend you, do likewise; for it is better that you go into the kingdom of heaven with one foot or with one hand, than with two hands and two feet go into hell."
Simon, called Peter: said "Lord, how must I do this? Certain it is that in a short time I shall be dismembered." Jesus answered: "O Peter, put off fleshly prudence and straightway you shall find the truth. For he that teaches you is your eye, and he that helps you to work is your foot, and he that ministers aught to you is your hand. Wherefore when such are to you an occasion of sin leave them; for it is better for you to go into paradise ignorant, with few works, and poor, than to go into hell wise, with great works, and rich. Everything that may hinder you from serving God, cast it from you as a man casts away everything that hinders his sight."
And having said this, Jesus called Peter close to him, and said to him:* "If your brother shall sin against you, go and correct him. If he amend, rejoice, for you have gained your brother; but if he shall not amend go and call afresh two witnesses and correct him afresh; and if he shall not amend, go and tell it to the church; and if he shall not then amend, count him for an unbeliever, and therefore you shall not dwell under the same roof where under he dwells, you shall not eat at the same table whereat he sits, and you shall not speak with him; insomuch that if you know where he sets his foot in walking you shall not set your foot there."
Note: Compare this with how it is recorded in other Gospels - MUQ
(Abridged)
Dr. Barnabas,

Do you imagine that Christians are persuaded by your forged and nonsensical "Gospel?" They aren't, while Muslims who believe it are as willfully ignorant and unteachable as you are, not that you care.
bmz

Singapore

#160678 Jan 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
What we are still waiting for is for you to explain how a sick murderous paedophile corpse shagger like mad mo could be from god.
Have you got any sane interpretation of the incoherent Jebus, I mean Jesus? The clueless man, instead of telling people himself who he was, was asking other ignorant fools, "Who do people say I am"? We find him extremely incoherent and evasive in giving answers. A sane person doesn't do that.

Does it show the mind of a sane person? Did the man tell every one that he was God? Where did this sick insanity that he was God, come from? Other insane men?

Christianity is not only sick, it is full of horse shit, a fraud against the LORD Almighty and a revenge of Satan against Jesus and God.

Believe me I find nothing redeeming in that religion founded by pagan philosophers.

How can you have this mother of all evils and utter nonsense that the son of Mary, is God?

By the way, what makes you think that Christianity is the right religion when everything it teaches, is wrong?
bmz

Singapore

#160679 Jan 28, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mental Blockhead,
I never called Jesus a "prophet of Islam" or a "prophet in Islam." There was, however, one ignorant fool of a man, an Arabian, who supposed that he was a prophet like Moses and Jesus, only better! Sadly for him, the Jews who heard him preach what they knew to be "fables of the ancients" as though they were divine revelations were certain that this ignorant fool was a liar at best, if not insane, not that this makes any difference to an unthinking slave like you.
Ignorant fool, I just clarified to another Christian ignorant fool that Jesus is not the prophet of Islam.

He is considered a prophet in Islam.

How come you are unable to understand that?
bmz

Singapore

#160681 Jan 28, 2013
Simple questions to Christians. Please try your level best to answer:

1. Who was the bloody fool or who were the bloody fools, who said Jesus was God?

2. Was it Jesus, who said, "I am God" or "I am the Father"?

Please try your best to avoid counting Jesus among those in the first question.

Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#160684 Jan 28, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between your Jesus and Muhammad is that Muhammad married women. they were his wives.

The biblical Jesus, on the other hand, was shagging women young and old, dead and alive boys. You know well that he was a man of women and was maintained by women. Right?

Cheers
bmz

Singapore

#160685 Jan 28, 2013
John wrote:
I wonder why they are hated.
They are hated because they do not believe in the absurdity and monstrosity known as the Trinity or the Triune God of Christianity.

They are hated because they refute and deny that the man Jesus, son of a woman, was neither the Son of God nor God as they consider it ridiculous, preposterous, absurd and pathetic.

They are hated because they burst all the bubbles in the Christian Bible.

They are hated because they expose all the lies and the forgeries in the New Testament and Christians' Old Testament.

I am sure now you will wonder no more.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#160690 Jan 29, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mental Blockhead,
You're also as arrogant as hell.
The charge applies to you and not to me.

The person who resorts to curses, abuses and swear words in any debate / discussion is the one who has no reasonable / logical answer to the point under discussion.

Thanks for identifying yourself, so early in our discussion!!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160691 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The approved answer from the Church would be:
"Some say Greek and some say Latin."
He never did answer that question.
John

Brisbane, Australia

#160692 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
They are hated because they do not believe in the absurdity and monstrosity known as the Trinity or the Triune God of Christianity.
They are hated because they refute and deny that the man Jesus, son of a woman, was neither the Son of God nor God as they consider it ridiculous, preposterous, absurd and pathetic.
They are hated because they burst all the bubbles in the Christian Bible.
They are hated because they expose all the lies and the forgeries in the New Testament and Christians' Old Testament.
I am sure now you will wonder no more.
No, muztards are hated because they are the murdering raping lying parasitical slaves of the murderous raping paedophile corpse shagging false prophet mad mo.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160693 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries about Qur'aan. It was revealed.
Now, what was revealed to Jesus by God? The New Testament?
I base my view of Jesus on the New Testament, a book written by a multitude of unknown men, who never sat in the company of Jesus.
Jesus has given His Catholic Church the Holy Spirit to guide her in all Truth. We now have God's teachings contained in the Cathecism of the Cathoic Church. islam has nothing from God, mohammad claimed he talked to a angel he thought was a demon until a women told him it wasn't a demon. What did that woman know? The satanic verse were removed from the koran.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
Greek mound excavators: No tours please, too busy Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••